options

Post by Deleted on Jan 8, 2019 23:56:16 GMT -5

Sometimes you worry 'bout
the things he can provide for ya
Whenever you around I seen it come alive for ya
I finally recognize the feelings that's inside for ya
Although I know your man and trust me he would die for ya
@truly | outfit

When the news had struck that Jesse would be allowed to return to school he had been in utter shock. He had thought that things were done for him. That cracker-jack-box diploma he had left Pyxis with, that was going to be it. No higher education. No working his way up in the world. It was going to be him, the mines, and the ring forever. The only escape being death, of course. Or if he and Truly got a wild hair up their arses and hopped on a muggle plane and never ever looked back. Now though that fantasy wasn't even a real tangible fantasy. Not with the lock down on the borders still in place! Knowing that he couldn't escape even if he wanted to was a bit of a downer but now...now it was almost worth the wait.

He had returned to school. Not Hogwarts, like so many others, but NEWT prep courses at Goshawk. The thought of being separated from Truly again was enough to snuff out any longing he had had to be back at the castle. And with what happened last time....he would have been more than wary to return. This was the best of both worlds and the only feasible way that he and Truly had come up with that would allow him to remain at home. It was safer at home, that was for sure. In fact Jesse hadn't been as safe as he was now in what felt like eons! No Edmund lurking about, no longer having to worry about the mines collapsing down on him, and no bloody Kolna. That, and now he had his wand.

Truth be told practicing magic again with a real wand had nearly made the boy cry. He wasn't a crier, not by a long shot, but having one in his hands was the second best feeling in the world. Second only to the way he felt about his fiancee. Though, about now she was likely wanting to rip his arms clean off and beat him with them. Jesse sat on the couch with his Defense book in his lap and Mati at his side. The little monster had tried time and time again to get a nibble of the pages but Jesse would push her snout away causing her to let out a pissy little puppy snort. She was cute, undeniably, but Jesse wasn't feeling very playful with her. He grumbled in irritation as he flipped the page with a thwack. Merlin's beard this page was no better! 

Jesse blinked at the page for a moment, his eyes rising up to look at Truly before falling back to the page. What a sense of deja vu that had given him. It was enough to almost make him smile, thinking of how the two had been when they were in Hogwarts together. Hell, he couldn't even argue whether they were worse then or now! At least then when he'd asked her for help with his work he didn't truly need it, not on this subject at least. Defense had always been his strongest but it had been nearing two years since he had held a proper wand in his hand and the last book of Defense he had well.....it was hardly anything worth reading. Thank you very much, Pyxis!

"
Is this what they taught your last year?" He questioned unable to hide his annoyance. Half these spells he hadn't even heard of, but Merlin knows he had heard the utterance of the ones they were supposed to be countering. Jesse flipped the book toward Truly so that she could have a look. "This seems ridiculously hard." His brows furrowed his eyes scanned the page. "Is it?" If it was then he would have to do the work all the same, wouldn't he? And if it wasn't, well...maybe he'd lost more than his wand in Registration. Maybe a few brain cells as well. Jesse's eyes left the page and flicked up to focus on her gaze. It was lucky for him that she was just as smart as she was beautiful, and that she was always the best at helping him through the ramblings of his own moronic mind at times. Since first year she'd been dealing with him and he wouldn't have wanted it to have been anyone else. 
MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOXOGRAPHY 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 9, 2019 21:34:26 GMT -5

It's so real and it's all coming back to me
like it's fucing Deja Vu

Homework was a bitch, but homework at three am in an on-call room while trying to eat an apple because you missed your break was even less fun. She knew that she could have gone through school and then done her Potion's degree but she liked the challenge, she liked to stay busy but there was something about her life that just craved the challenge of things being hard. She seemed to flourish when there was a struggle but that said something about how strong that she was. It said something about the kind of woman that she had grown into and since her father had died, well that was just a sign that things were coming around. At least she hoped that was what was happening. She had the night off, and she was drowning in homework and assignments that were coming up due, but she was studying with her baby, her fiance and it was amazing to be able do this with him again.

She had wished so many times in her last year that she could have done this, that they could have taken classes together and spent their time together between classes studying, snogging or shagging. He knew how to pull her from her tunnel vision and make her stop focusing so much, it was one of the reasons she loved him so much. It was one of the ways that he had helped her over and over over the years that they had been together, over the time that they had known each other.

She stirred her small cauldron and hummed to herself behind the barrier that she had put up before stepping out of the kitchen to where he was, and looked over his shoulder, kissing his neck softly. "It is not, actually. I had to um, I had to learn Dark Arts, love. I've done that though, it's not that hard. Here, come over here, and You can practice against me." What was the worst that could happen? One of the get hurt? Not like she was a healer.... oh wait! Ha! She smirked at him. "We could always duel in the back yard? Loser does the dishes?"
@jesse | OUTFIT | 367
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 8, 2019 21:56:37 GMT -5

SOMETIMES YOU WORRY 'BOUT
THE THINGS HE CAN PROVIDE FOR YA
WHENEVER YOU AROUND I SEEN IT COME ALIVE FOR YA
I FINALLY RECOGNIZE THE FEELINGS THAT'S INSIDE FOR YA
ALTHOUGH I KNOW YOUR MAN AND TRUST ME HE WOULD DIE FOR YA
Out of practice was a nice way of putting it. The truth of it was not only was he a bit rusty with a wand these days, but he was also a bit anxious with one. He hadn't had one for the majority of his life and he hadn't been able to use one outside of school anyway, so having it taken away hadn't been a terribly large shock. Not in the way of any sort of habitual thing, but more of an emotional one. This was all he had. Magic...that was it. After he was taken away from Hogwarts he had lost everything he had, as little as that was, and all he had dreamed of was getting it back.

But now that he had a wand... Merlin, it took a great deal of mental preparation not to have it shake in his hand. Class? It was it's own form of torture these days, not that he would let anyone know that. For well over a year every wand he had saw pointed in his direction had caused him harm and now he was just supposed to stand on the opposite end of the dueling platform like it was nothing? Like the curse burns speckled in and between the dark lines of tattoos on his skin had never happened? And like he hadn't been trained, the hard way, from any hand or wand pointed in his general direction. 

It was hard. And it was...it was embarrassing. He had wanted to teach Defense once and now he could hardly stand the class. Focusing on keeping his anxiety at bay was hard enough, but actually paying attention enough to learn was even harder. There was a feeling of inadequacy that came with it, though he knew it would pass. He had felt the same way first year. Having been a muggleborn student in a castle where half or more of the students had been living in the wizarding world for some time had been a challenge. And of course he had his own set of hurdles to jump, like re-learning to read after having missed so much muggle schooling, and learning to spell-- not just hard spells, but basic fucking words.

If it hadn't been for Truly his first year he likely would have never returned back to the castle. No matter how enraptured he was with the idea of magic, no matter how skilled he naturally may have been in some of his classes, he wouldn't have returned. Now he once again found himself leaning on her for help, and part of him felt bad for it. She had so much on her plate, what with school and healer training, and to ask her for help with something as measly as NEWT prep courses made him feel stupid. Stupider than he had felt in a long time, but he knew that if he could ask anyone in the world for help and not be made to feel like a dunce for it, it was Truly.

As annoyed as he was with his coursework he could feel himself soften under the kiss she laid on his neck. "
Right. Dark arts," he scoffed with less steam in his tone than before. "I've had just about enough of the Dark Arts. And this class." He said mumbling the last bit. Jesse flipped the page back with absolutely no help from Mativa who decided, once again, to try to make an attempt to chew at the pages. He pushed the pups snout away again and she gave another snort. Jesse smiled, shoving her over on the cushion playfully as he rose from his spot on the couch. He hopped over the back of it, squaring the lovely brunette before him up with his eyes. Jesse's brow raised at her, a smirk coming across his lips.

"You're on--" he challenged playfully, pointing the butt of his wand at her before flipping it around in his hand.  It was a pointless skill, being able to twirl and flip his wand like it was a bloody drumstick, but at least it was one skill he hadn't lost over time. He had missed the excitement of dueling too, but these days Truly was the only person he trusted on the opposing end. "But if I lose..." he warned with a roguish smile, "....we're using paper plates tonight." It was a joke, of course. He was an honorable enough loser, IF he did in fact lose. He'd let her use two bloody plates if she wanted to. 

@truly | Outfit | Notes:
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 29, 2019 12:51:49 GMT -5

IT'S SO REAL AND IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME
like its fucking Deja Vu

It had been something that made Truly feel like she was a person again, being able to learn. When she had lost everything when it all had been given to Heavenly Joy. Even thinking of the girl had her rolling her eyes now, but she knew that she was better off once she got into school. She made friends and one of her favorite ones was Jesse. He had been her best friend from the time that they started school and they did everything together. No, really they had. The only time they parted were classes that they had to take separately and when they had to go to their dorms. She had helped him study and it became something of a habit. They looked for each other in every class and she helped him study, and do class work.

She had once thought about being a teacher, but she found that he was the only one that she ever had the patience to teach much of anything, but she didn't mind with him. She didn't do his papers or give him ways to cheat as others would. She pushed him and tried to make him better than what he was before. She believed in him, she wanted him to do better and as time passed to where they are now she had found that this was still true. She refused to let him cheat, or let him do things that would give him a large edge that was not honest. That's not who they were or what they were. He knew this, and she knew it. This was the life that they were going to lead and it was an honest one.

She hated the things that she had been taught when he was gone, and she hated herself even more for being good at it. She had skills, and she knew how to use her wand, and she did not back down. It had got her attention from professors but to it had taught her that she didn't need someone to protect her, she knew both sides of this coin, but she was choosing the light. Not just because of Jesse, but because she was not going to be the one to take someone else's life.

She felt the tension start to melt from him after she kissed his neck and she did it again before he stood before her and he laughed as the dog fell off the couch and she shook her head. He accepted her challenge and she grinned, her full lips pulling up at the corners and she arched her brow, not aware of how much she looked lke her father.

b]"If you lose, we get take out. If I lose, I get to make Lasagna. "
[/b] She had been planning to do it all day anyway, but this was just something to sweeten the pot. Taking his hand she pulled him out into the back yard and threw up some wards to make sure they didn't cause anyone else any harm and then bounced her brows. "Bring it on... bitch."
[/div][/div]
tag: @jesse // words: 518 // OUTFIT
[/div]
template by eliza @ TB THQ
[/div]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 4, 2019 23:21:35 GMT -5

SOMETIMES YOU WORRY 'BOUT
THE THINGS HE CAN PROVIDE FOR YA
WHENEVER YOU AROUND I SEEN IT COME ALIVE FOR YA
I FINALLY RECOGNIZE THE FEELINGS THAT'S INSIDE FOR YA
ALTHOUGH I KNOW YOUR MAN AND TRUST ME HE WOULD DIE FOR YA

It was all a jumbled mess. The spells he knew, the spells he was supposed to know, the spells he had heard under the breaths of those who sought to torture people like him. There were so many incantations and he no longer knew what skills he held on his own. There had been a time where he was a skilled dueler. It had come so naturally to him that his wand and his hand were one in the same. He had been told before that if he were a bit more disciplined he might be able to go wandless one day. He had thought about that a lot in Kolna where he sat an unarmed pariah.

Now most of the spells he had been slick in casting were vacant memories. The rhythm of their incantation was familiar, the movement of the wand vaguely remembered in his muscles. Jesse was certain that with practice it would come back to him. Just as riding a bike came back after a minute or so. But he was nervous. In class he hadn't even volunteered himself to practice at the head of the class. A few people had today, but not him. As it were he was still too on edge to let a stranger stand across from him with a weapon like that. He simply couldn't look down the barrel of the gun and hope they didn't pull the trigger these days.

He had saved any form of spellwork to be practiced at home. If he had to do it all by his lonesome in the back yard while Truly was at work, then so be it. But the days that she was home he knew she would lend help if he asked for it. Today he had to. The wizard felt so bloody rusty he thought he could see red flakes falling from his joints as he even held his wand in class today. Standing toe to toe with the beauty before him he couldn't help but feel the nostalgia of squaring up with her in fifth year, and fourth, and every year she'd dueled his sorry ass. Brow quirked and mischievous smile painted across her face, it set him at ease knowing this was the girl he loved for all those years, and even if she might talk a load of bullocks she still had his back. Rust and all.

"That's one hell of a deal, Miss Delaney--" he said in agreement. Wagering with her was always a fun little look into the Slytherin's mind. If he lost they'd be going out to eat, getting her out of doing the dishes the loser was promised to do. Clever clever. Jesse allowed himself to be pulled out into the backyard by the brunette making sure the close the door on Mativa as Truly set the wards. 

Jesse paced his way to the opposite end of the yard from Truly, being a bit of a goofball and pretending to be utterly serious as he drew into his accepted combative position. He meant to wave her on, egg her on really, but only managed half through as he burst into a laugh. Bring it on bitch. The bloke lost all vigor in his position as he fought to regain his composure. "Truly," he chortled out. "My god, woman, you've been spending far too much time with me." In his eyes there was no such thing as too much, but there was no denying their closeness in recent months had them wearing off on one another. There was nothing more hilarious than hearing her pretty posh voice say something like that, not to him anyhow.

The wizard managed to get back in stance, letting out the last of his laughs as he did. For once he was trying to take it a bit more seriously. After all he needed to focus. Half the spells were at the tip of his tongue and the other half were...probably in the book he had left in the house. "Are you ready, honestly?" It was always best to make sure. No one wanted an unsuspecting blow in a friendly discourse. And he...well, he was trying to mentally prepare himself. It had been many months since someone hurled spells at him. Jesse stood in his stance ready as he figured he'd ever be.

@truly | Outfit | Words: 724