Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 1, 2019 15:46:26 GMT -5

I only hope I can say
I was a little less villain
And a little more hero

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to be supportive. He did. He wanted her to be happy, or whatever it was that she claimed that she was with this arrangement, but what kind of future did this give her? He didn’t know. Honestly, he hadn’t thought much about the whole thing, he was trying not to. It wasn’t something that he had expected out of her, and now he was trying to just make sense of the whole thing. Was she serious about this? She seemed to be. Moving to Ireland, quitting Mungo’s to go to work in Dublin. She was uprooting her whole life, and for what?

G didn’t understand, he thought that there had to be something that he was missing. Something that she hadn’t told him. There just had to be. Otherwise what was she doing? It was no secret that the Minister’s personal life quickly became everybody’s business, and he knew how hard she had worked to keep herself out of this world. Out of their world. Getting tangled up with the Lestranges, in every way that he didn’t actually want to revisit, was not his idea of staying out of it. It was exactly the way to get herself caught up in the epicenter of it all.

And he knew that she wasn’t thinking about it like that. Because she was brilliant, but she also thought with her heart sometimes. And he knew that Andromeda Lestrange had been his twin’s best friend for thirty years. The woman had been there even when he himself hadn’t. But G didn’t think that it was Andromeda she was going to let herself fall for. And that was what had him worried. The way that Lestrange had looked at the Minister didn’t leave much room for question about how he felt. G didn’t think that there was anyone at that party that had missed that.

But when Emmaline had walked away from him, and joined the two Lestranges, the reality of what he was seeing had hit him like a ton of bricks. And the Rhodes hadn’t even seemed to care. He had been standing there talking about it like it was completely normal, and G didn’t think that it was normal at all. Sure, there were a lot of things about being traditional purebloods that were not normal. But monogamy had always seemed to be a decently sure bet.

This wasn’t polygamy… They weren’t all getting married. But what was the word that Rhodes had used? Poly… Amory? Something like that. Melanie had told him to look it up, but he hadn’t. He had agreed to meet Emmaline to talk, and they had had drinks, and she hadn’t really explained anything more than what he had already known. Anything that he hadn’t put together for himself. That she was going to do this, and that she and Zoë were moving to Ireland. Avery had his flat off campus, and the girls had their townhouse, and she was going to take Zoë with her, and he didn’t really know what to say.

Rhodes hadn’t been any help, and he couldn’t go and ask Mum. He didn’t know if Emmaline had told her yet, and he didn’t want to tell her something that wasn’t his to tell. If she wanted their mother to know, that was up to her. She didn’t think that it was going to be kept all that quiet though. Not with the partners that she had chosen. This wasn’t something that he was just going to accept. Not that easily. Not when Lestrange had apparently decided that not only did he need Andromeda, he needed Emmaline too.

He hadn’t known exactly how he was going to get here, but he had had Lutes talk to Maylee, and the elf had come to get him this morning. Leaving Lutes home with Lic, he thanked Emmaline’s elf as she disappeared into what he was surprised to find was a rather large house. The island, because it was an island that he found himself standing on, was bigger than he had expected too. But before he could make it more than a step forwards, there were several pops, and men that he recognized as wearing the same symbol that the one following his sister around lately had been, seemed to appear from out of nowhere, blocking his way to the door.

Lifting his hands, he shook his head slowly, “My name is Lord Hyperion Avery. I’m here to speak to Lord Lestrange. My sister is in that house…” Why they had a literal army guarding their house, he didn’t know. The ICW couldn’t possibly have been that much of a thread to Andromeda, but he also knew better than to test them. When they didn’t respond he let his eyes shift, looking for whichever one seemed to be leading the group until he landed on the one, he seemed to think was the commander. “Please, I would like to speak to my sister.” Not really, he would rather speak to Lestrange than Emmaline, but if Emmaline got him in the door, he would take what he could get.

The sound of a door opening caught his attention, and he looked over the shoulder of the guard in front of him towards the house. The outline of the man he was here to see visible in the doorframe, and the shadow behind him, G would have put money on that shadow belonging to his twin.

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0