Flirting with the past {lilybelle}

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 20, 2016 17:14:24 GMT -5

The off season was the worst for the seeker.  The team still practiced, but considerably less...and there were no games.  It made for a lot of free time for Jaxon.  The extrovert did not do so well all on his own at his cabin.  The seclusion was great for that time of the month, but now, it just served to remind him that he was alone with no family and no one there next to him in the morning.  (Not to imply his bed was empty every night...he just usually sent his flings home, sticking to the no sleep over rule.)

Desire for a familiar face drove the seeker from Devon into London.  Apparition made traveling the distance instantaneous--one of his favorite aspects of a magical life.  He lived in the country, miles and miles from civilization, but in the blink of an eye, he could be right back in the heart of the city.  

It was his close friend (and ex-girlfriend) @cinnamonroll that he sought out as company today. Lilybelle was everything a good woman should be-- Jaxon had just not been ready to be the last man in her life.  He couldn't settle down.  Not with his affliction.  She deserved something better.  So, even though, he cared for her--and even loved the witch platonically, Jaxon would never try to be more than just friends again.  His role, now, was to scare off the other wolves from her door--and make sure only the best would get the chance to win her heart. 

Jaxon loved to patron Lb's bakery.  It was warm and inviting--just the sight of it, much like its owner, made the man feel at ease.    The little messages the darling witch left on her special board outside always brought a smile to his face.  So, when he pushed open the door and came inside, his boyish face was dominated by a wide grin and that signature dimple was divoting his cheek.

His warm umber eyes soon found the breathtaking veela.  The allure of her magic washed over him and the familiar desire to be more than just her friend washed over him.  Merlin, being just friends was damn difficult with a woman that looked like that--and was as sweet as every treat lining the shelves of her shoppe.  

"Good mornin', beautiful," he drawled, sauntering over to her.  "Ain't you just a sight for sore-sore eyes."  Jaxon walked right up to her, not paying any mind to exactly where his feet led him.  Dipping his head down, the man brushed his lips against her cheek as he enveloped her in a tight embrace.  His strong arms lingered around her for a brief moment as he inhaled the familiar scent of her.  When he drew back, he beamed down at her, affectionate shining in his chocolate gaze.  

"How you been, LB?" He inquired, genuinely curious. 
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 20, 2016 22:41:26 GMT -5

Perhaps it was just Lilybelle, perhaps she was the only one that could wake up at the crack of dawn and think, no matter the weather, that it would be a beautiful day. It was true that veela had a way of seeing an upside to every little thing; for instance having her home above her bakery. She knew she would always be easy to find, and while her sister may not be entirely impressed by that, it was something Belle loved. The comfort of knowing should anyone need her they could find her with ease was something she really quite liked. Just as well living in the city meant it was easy for her sister to come-and-go as she pleased, and Belle could always keep the bakery open a bit late as an excuse to wait for her sister's return.

Today though, today she was appreciating her choice of work. The woman was nearly covered in flour at this point, a catchy song playing from the radio had her dancing around the kitchens while she worked. As she sang what words she could recognize, making for a very clumsy tune, Lilybelle swirled icing onto a fresh batch of cupcakes. She was trying something new --again-- this time chocolate mint cupcakes with green tea icing. Just as she brought them to the front, placing them on the counter while looking for a spot to present them, the door chime signaled another customer.

Lilybelle's resting smile brightened like the sun as she recognized her --friend... they were just friends now. She couldn't deny she'd been in love with him, that she still loved him in a way, but she could respect his wishes to be friends. Unfortunately the thought happened to dim her smile a bit but returning the embrace she hid her face in his shoulder for a moment before pulling back to press a kiss to his cheek in return. "Ciao, Jax," she greeted softly smiling up at him and crinkling her nose at the nickname. She liked it, truly, she'd never gotten many nicknames as a child and it made her feel special but he didn't need to know that.

A soft hum slipping from her lips Lilybelle shrugged as she turned away, slipping behind the counter for the distance with the presentation of grabbing one of her new creations. "I've been just fine, there are so many new recipes lately," she answered after a moment, offering up the cupcake with a small smile, "And you?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2016 18:59:43 GMT -5

Being around the pretty blonde made--even just for a second--made him remember why he'd tried to give it a go with her. She was like sunshine--radiating warmth and just drawing you in without even knowing it. That was what really set Lilybelle apart in his mind--how unaware she seemed to be of how absolutely wonderful she was. It wasn't just the veela draw making him think that...though, that did play a part. He had always been exceptionally weak to the pull of the veela magic. It used to get him so torn up inside when he was around one.

She seemed so pleased to see him. It made him regret not coming around more--and sooner. But maybe that was more reason to stay away. He didn't need to draw her back in--to charm his way back to being more than just a friend. If that was what they were now... friends... Could anyone really be just friends with someone they'd confessed to loving? He couldn't say. He just knew that she deserved something better than a werewolf. Never could tell what might happen to him. Jax didn't want her to live with that kind of worry.

"Oh, I been alright--off-season, ya know how that goes," he drawled, knowing that the woman who spent so much time with him would know what that word meant--boredom, frustration, a little bit a stir-crazy--The seeker accepted the cupcake and took a bite. A moan of approval rose from his chest--damn, the woman could cook. "You are some kind of goddess," Jaxon declared. "There aren't even words for how good that is. I gotta come round more--but I'd be fat as hog before Quidditch comes back around."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 24, 2016 20:16:05 GMT -5

Laying a hand on her friend's arm she offered a sympathetic hum. While the blonde could go days on end in her little shop, Jaxon had always needed room to run. Figuratively and literally. But for once she drew back rather than staying close, Lilybelle had always been a tactile person. It was just harder for her to remember the line drawn between 'friends' and what had been when he let her close. Then again she'd always had a knack for breaking her own heart too, the people around her just helped along the inevitable. Jaxon was amazing, he was in a category all of his own, and Lilybelle knew better than to hold him back.

Blinking away her thoughts she shook her head with a light laugh, "Mint chocolate and green tea! I mixed up the mint and the herbal teas this morning and it gave me the idea." Inspiration could come from anywhere, it was a motto Lilybelle practically lived by. "Oh!" Covering her mouth with a hand for a moment she giggled brightly, "I almost forgot, I need your opinion!" Along with Bia, Jaxon was one of the rare few that Lilybelle showed her pre-cake designs to. With all her love of baking Belle wasn't always the most confident in her work, and sometimes she wanted a bit of advice.

But... she couldn't remember where she'd put her sketches, usually they were on a table nearby but she didn't see them. Hands on her hips she gave a huff of confusion before looking to Jaxon, magic was something she'd always wished for but having a wizard for a close friend was a nice second. "Can you, uh," she waved a finger in a circle, hoping Jaxon still knew how to read her because she didn't know much about magic, "Spell my notebook here?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 26, 2016 11:14:45 GMT -5

She was beautiful. Merlin, she was so beautiful. Beyond just the veela perfection that she had inherited, her beauty carried beneath the skin, shining out from the woman's pure heart. Lilybelle had the type of goodness that he wanted to protect--to keep from being tarnished and ruined by reality. He never wanted her to end up jaded. She deserved better than that. So, he had taken on the role of guard-dog for the woman---keeping men like himself and worse from the door.

"It really tastes better than that sounds--" he replied, turning a bit of a face at the idea that this delicious delight in his hand was green tea flavored. Though he ran and exercised, he was not much for healthy foods--and had always thought green tea was so gross. "I would have never ordered mint chocolate and green tea, but it sure is delicious," he drawled, flashing a wide smile at the blonde.

The sound of her giggle brought a wave of happiness to the werewolf. It was sunshine--warmed the man inside and out. "I'm happy to give it, darlin'." He rarely had it in him to criticize anything LB did, but he'd say something if what she did was just bloody awful--assuming that ever happened. He grinned when she asked him to summon her notebook. A glance around the bakery confirmed what he already thought--the place was empty.

"Sure thang, purdy girl, you know I'd do anythang you asked," the words came tumbling slowly from his lips as he drew out his wand. He always went into his pocket and placed a very small box on the table. He returned it to proper size. "And I got someth'n' for you- I know it is a few days til your birthday, but I wasn't sure, if I'd be able to get back out here before then." Inside the box was a charm bracelet, it had several cupcake and other bakery related charms, several silver replications of the flowers that Jaxon knew Lilybelle favored in her bouquets, and of course, a snitch--

"Accio notebook," he cast, thinking in his mind of the last time he had seen the book Lilybelle kept her sketches in. He had been shown cake designs before over the years that they had known one another. The rustle of pages could be heard as the book made its way magically from the back of the shoppe to them. "And here you are, milady," he said offering it to her as he put his wand back where it came from.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 9, 2016 19:52:54 GMT -5

"That's why I didn't tell you 'til after you ate it, goof," Lilybelle laughed, grinning at the look on his face and biting her lip before adding; "besides, I've hid spinach in the brownies before and you didn't even notice." If there was one thing Lilybelle was confident in it was her ability to help out the people closest to her without them noticing, even with something as simple as making them eat vegetables.

His drawl always seemed warm, like home. A bright grin took place at the words, and she placed a soft hand on his forearm fondly, attention drawn to the box with a shake of her head, she'd never found her birthday very important but anything from Jax was sure to be something she liked. "Jay," she murmured, holding the silver bracelet delicately in her hands, cupcakes, flowers, and a snitch. A breathless sigh escaped her lips before she looked back up at his face, he knew her too well, he knew her enough to know this would mean the world to her, because it showed he knew her. "It's beautiful," she told him, holding out the bracelet and her left hand, she was rubbish with tiny clasps, "Help me put it on?"

Accepting the book with a smile, Belle replied while flipping through the pages. "Thank you, signor." With a small sound of triumph she stopped on the page she'd been looking for, a series of sketches drawn out on the page but the theme clearly being quidditch. In all and complete honesty, Lilybelle knew next to nothing of the sport, hence Jaxon's help. "An order came in for a cake that's supposed to be half-Quidditch themed and half-fantasy-fairy-tale." Pointing to the three objects she'd seen tossed around the Quidditch field before she pouted up at Jaxon, "I can't remember which one is which?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 17, 2016 22:43:21 GMT -5

His hand went to his chest and he looked so distraught. Shock had caused his mouth to fall open--and being the playful attention whore, total ham that he was, he played his surprise and opposition way up. "Don't speak such blasphemies, darlin'! Spinach in my precious brownies. I can't. I just can't!" Jax sounded so country as he put on his little show of dramatics.

His gift was well received and seeing LB so happy gave Jaxon a swirl of warmth and emotion. He wanted so badly to show her that he cared--and that he noticed and knew her...that he hadn't and wouldn't forget the little things he had picked up over the years. If he hadn't gotten bitten when they were dating, he might have asked her to marry him instead of pushing her away.

He was grinning so widely as she asked him to put the bracelet on her. It wasn't his usual charming flirty devilish smirk, but an honest to goodness take over his entire face smile. "Of course, I will," he confirmed as his long slender fingers took hold of the piece of jewelry. He nimbly latched the bracelet after only one try--marking the first time he had ever put an item of jewelry on a woman.

The veela opened her notebook; the idea for the cake seemed cool. He wondered if it was some kind of wedding thing or maybe for some birthday thing for a pair of twins... The idea didn't linger for long as the darling woman spoke of the sport he so deeply loved. Laughter rumbled up from his chest and the urge to kiss her rolled over him, but of course, he did not indulge. Merlin's beard, she was adorable though. Absolutely and completely precious... "Awh, doll," he drawled with a little shake of his head. "Alright- well, the gold one--that's the snitch. It's tiny. It's the one I try to find e'ry match." He gestured to the ball that was his life's pursuit. Pointing at the next, he continued: "That'n is a Quaffle. It goes through the goals. The other'un--that's a blasted Bludger. Beaters bat 'em 'round at everybody."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2016 16:41:56 GMT -5

If one person could always make her laugh it would be Jaxon Cole. His dramatics drew a full-blown giggling-fit from the woman as his accent coated his words. "It's for your health," Lilybelle exclaimed when she caught her breath, poking at Jaxon's chest with a grin as she teased, "How would you survive without me? Who would feed you!"

This was the smile she favoured the most. The honest one that lit up Jaxon's whole demeanor, she'd have been lying if she said she didn't watch his face as he fastened the bracelet. Times like this she missed him, she missed him letting her in and letting her close, she missed holding him close.

But in a way she still had him, he was her best friend if nothing else. And quite a good one at that. When he spoke her attention drew back to her book and she grinned, the snitch, "the one that makes it look like you're flying aimlessly." At the Bludger she scrunched up her nose in distaste, it sounded so violent. And Beaters, oh she really didn't like that name it seemed so pointless, but she knew it added to the game. "Si," she began, biting her lip as she pulled a pencil from behind her ear. She'd had a few ideas, as she flipped to the next page a variety of little sketches, many crossed out or scribbled over, were revealed. "Quidditch and fairytales," she mused, "I'm still not sure how they go together."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2016 19:03:36 GMT -5

She was laughing--and Merlin, the sound of her giggling was beautiful...just like her.  It wasn't just the veela allure that drew the seeker in---(though their magic did get him all torn up; he seemed particularly susceptible to the pull veelas had on men.)--it was her! Everything about her--her goodness, her sweetness, her thoughtfulness.  Lilybelle was beautiful inside and out--her nearly perfect exterior was amazing, but it barely could even compare to the beauty that lay beneath it.  She was surely something else...and Jaxon loved her.  He had loved her as long as he had known her.  They might have still been together if he hadn't been bitten--if she hadn't gotten tired of him.  The only reason he ever started pulling back and putting distance between himself and the baker was his were affliction.  It was just too dangerous.  He cared about her far too much to put her in jeopardy of Ministry blowback or physical danger.  She deserved everything good and wonderful in the world--and the beast inside him marked him as neither of those things (at least according the Ministry of Magic).

It was still hard for him though.  As her finger poked as his muscled chest, the seeker caught hold of her hand.  His long fingers wrapped around her smaller digits and the tall brunet looked down at the blonde beauty.  He held her hand against him.  His face and expression had soften as she asked what he would do without her.  Inside his head, he swore to her that he'd be lost without her--and living a life alone, filling his bed with different faces every night, it was killing him...and surviving was basically all the man was doing since they'd split.  But he couldn't say such things.  He couldn't let her know he still loved her as he did (though it was probably pretty fucking obvious).  

"It's a miracle I make even a day," was the only response the seeker drawled out at the veela.  

But the moment passed and they moved on to his brief Quidditch explanation.  The man's warm laughter was wrapping itself around them again at his companion's commentary on the snitch.  She wasn't wrong.  He watched her as she flipped through the pages in her little book-- "I think the sport has a great deal in common with fairy tales-- In every fairy tale, you have the good guys--the ones hard at work to make the world the best place it can be--you have the bad guys--and you have some hero.  The keepers and chasers with the quaffle are the good guys--they trudge along trying to do their part.  The beaters with the bludger are the bad guys--they are out to just cause strife and difficulty---then of course, the hero is the seeker chasin' after that golden snitch-- he's the key to actually winnin' the game.  And the snitch is the princess...purdy and really the point of the whole thang."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 4, 2016 20:16:40 GMT -5

When his hand encompassed her own Lilybelle paused, looking up at him curiously the baker was captured by his eyes. His eyes, his presence, everything about Jaxon had caught Lilybelle's heart from the day they'd met. No matter what anyone said she knew he had a good heart, and, well, the fact that he was very attractive just happened to be a bonus. As a veela she'd grown up around attractive people, but Jaxon was still... he was sunshine and warmth and a silly accent. He was what she had always been looking for before she'd even known it, but now he was her friend. Her best friend, nothing more, she had to remember that. It was harder when she missed him terribly, when his face was on gossip magazines and there were columns on columns of writings solely about his love life. She never read them all the way through, never read past the title honestly, it hurt a bit too much.

But Lilybelle was good at pretending to be okay, and if she pretended for long enough it always came true. So she tugged her hand out of his and gratefully accepted the change in subject. His explanation brought her to soft laughter once again shaking her head at him as she teased, "Now are you sure you're not just making it that way so that you're the hero, signor?" The sport as a fairytale was an interesting concept though, and the towers around the field could easily be towers from fairytales. With a small exclamation Lilybelle tapped her pencil against the table, biting her lip in thought. "The teams are like two different kingdoms, hm? The players would have to mostly be the same, but as a fairytale," while Lilybelle was talented she wasn't good enough to turn a snitch into a convincing princess while keeping the concept. She could do something with the players, little knight or-- "Fairies!" Grinning up at Jaxon she explained, "You fly around on brooms so changing little players to little fairies, keeping a few on brooms, adds the fantastical side, si? The base of the cake is the field.." As she trailed off Lilybelle flipped to a blank page and sketched out the picture in her mind. A Quidditch Field filled with little fairies and players, the outside of the field walls decorated with vines and ornaments from tales. Turning the rough sketch to Jaxon she asked, "What do you think?"