Burn It All || Conrad

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 3, 2016 20:34:12 GMT -5

He absolutely hated working at the camp. Day in, day out, he would do as he was told. Usually it was dragging heavy loads from over side of the warehouse to the other, only to be told to put them back once he was done. It was useless, pointless, degrading work, and he was sick of it. Truly, the Minister and his goons should start counting their days, because he was a vengeful person. One second they would think everything was fine, the next they would be drowning in their own blood. Adrian swore this.

He looked up at the bell chimed for a slight, five minute pause. Stretching his aching muscles, he got to his feet. It was only another couple of hours until he was free to go. His shirt was soaked with sweat, not that anybody else's was much better. At least his shirt was still whole and relatively new. Not many Death Eaters could afford to buy brand new clothing, nowadays. He wouldn't say he was lucky, he just knew how to plan ahead.

With a sigh he turned to @mandy, who had been working beside him. "I can't wait for the day I set this whole place on fire."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 2:59:40 GMT -5

Conrad hated working in the camp, he hated it from the day he had started at the camp. What kind of "work" was this, he had to drag those heavy loads from one side of the warehouse to the other and after he had done just that he would be asked to drag them back to where they were before. This is completely and utterly useless and a utter waste of my energy he thought to himself. The Minister was going to pay for making his life living hell, Conrad swore this was going to happen very soon.

The bell chimed for a five minuet pause and Conrad dropped whatever he had in his arms, stretching his tired and aching muscles. Conrad wiped the sweat on his forehead with the sleeve of his already sweat soaked shirt, everyone around him was soaked in sweat. Conrad was wearing an old shirt of his, it was on in the best of it's state but he didn't want the one new shirt he had just got to share the same fate as it's counterpart. 

Conrad looked sideways when he was spoken to, @adrian who had been working beside him had decided to talk to him, "I assure you brother, that will happen very soon. He... well they shall pay for everything we have gone through!" he said in reply.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 8:35:19 GMT -5

Adrian chuckled at the other man's words, nodding in agreement. They'd been a Hogwarts together. In different houses, of course, since Conrad had been a Ravenclaw, but in the same year. It was because of this that they had stuck together in the work camp, and oftentimes also outside of it. They knew each other since they were eleven years old, they fought in the same war and ended up in the same shit hole. Adrian wouldn't go so far as to say they were best of friends, but they had developed a tentative friendship over the years. In fact, Adrian would say that Conrad was the only friend he had that truly understood what he went through every day. Marcus and Draco just didn't know.

"All in good time, though. All in good time." He commented, wiping sweat off his brow with the back of his hand. "Remember what happened to Grant for being too hasty. Damn near took out the Minister's wife, sure, but he got himself killed. No, when we do it next time, they'll be left wondering when exactly their world turned to ashes."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 10:52:22 GMT -5

Conrad nodded in agreement at Adrian's statement. Conrad and Adrian had been in the same year at Hogwarts, but in different houses, Adrian was a Slytherin and Conrad a Ravenclaw. They had not been on first name basis at school, but at surname basis, which was a common thing in school. Adrian and Conrad knew each other since they were eleven, had fought together in a war and now had ended up in more or less the same situation. They were not best friends no, but he and Adrian had built a good friendship over the years, they would hang together inside the camp and sometimes outside too. In fact Adrian was the only friend who understood what Conrad was going through, unlike Conrad's idiot of a brother, who had lighter work to do than Conrad even though he was at camp.

"All in good time indeed" Conrad said in reply, "Grant? Grant was an idiot who tried to harm Du... I mean the Minister's wife and ended up getting himself killed. We on the other hand are not idiots, and wont make the same mistakes. When we attack, they will not understand when and how their world was turned upside down or yes better that their world will be turned to ashes, all we need is a leader though." Conrad agreed with his friend, and commented on what it is that they needed to do.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 11:30:22 GMT -5

Adrian shrugged. Yes, they would. Really, it all depended on Ares' -no- Wentzel's plans. Because Adrian was willing to listen to him. He had a lot of... well, not followers, but rather supporters. Yeah, things were best when done in larger groups, particularly revolution. He had no interest in ending up in Azkaban again. But when he they did get rid of the Minister, he'd pay a visit to the prison and get his parents and uncle out. He would.

"How're you doing? Financially speaking." He asked. The work camp paid a pittance, barely enough to pay the cheapest of rents, let alone afford proper food or clothing. Adrian was better off, having hidden a lot of the money in their family vaults before getting caught and buying the shop with it. He had a relatively good income, paying for his apartment, food and some clothing with barely any difficulty.

Because of this advantage, he often offered to help Conrad out when it was needed. They stuck together.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 12:41:27 GMT -5

Conrad pushed his hair stuck to his sweaty forehead away, he then let out a small sigh. Conrad was willing to listen to Ares, he had enough supporters if not followers. Some things were best done in groups, they needed to be well planned and not done rashly, and after they had taken the Minister down, Conrad was going to get his father and Uncle out of Azkaban.

"Financially?" he asked, "Well most of my family's wealth was taken as you know, and the pay we get doesn't help or add much to what is left in the Vault..." Conrad said in reply to his friend. Most of what the family owned had been taken away, but Conrad had managed to save some of the family's money, which was not enough to provide the standard of living Conrad had been used to. Adrian had always offered to help him and the two stuck together through everything.

And now here he was doing manual labor, something he was not used and did not like, and the bright sun out there was not helping, "Does the sun have to be so bloody bright? Plus I'm starving here, which I'm sure most of us are..." he commented and asked.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 14:34:20 GMT -5

Adrian shrugged. "We'll get something to eat after we're done. Ya know damn well that they don't let us have lunch or anything like that. Takes too long, disrupts 'production.'" He made quotation signs in the air because they all damn well knew they weren't actually producing anything.

They did all the manual labour for nothing, it was just a punishment, a way to keep them out of the way and too exhausted to rebel. What the Minister didn't realise was that there was always enough energy to rebel, if the circumstances were dear enough. And everyone was reaching the boiling point. Soon enough, everyone would be fed up and when they were the opportunists who hadn't stuck by their principles and had escaped punishment would join them again. Adrian only held contempt for those people, but if he'd been in their stead he would have done the same. After all, he had lied to get out of Azkaban too, only he'd spent a year in it before that.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 14:45:43 GMT -5

Conrad nodded with a sigh, "Yep, I hope what they have in store for us today is edible by some degree at the least" he said to his friend. "Yes the "production" will be stopped if two laborers go and eat" he said making quotation signs in the air like his friend had just done. He picked the heavy load he had just dropped back up.

"This kind of "work" is getting to me, it is utterly pointless and a waste of our energy..." he said to his friend. There were those who had escaped going to Azkaban or going to a work camp, they had not stuck by the principles and had escaped punishment, and Conrad and Adrian were here working at a pointless work camp. Of course if Conrad was in their shoes, he would have done the same as them, but he had chosen not to. Conrad had escaped going to Azkaban, but his father and uncle had been sent to Azkaban.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 17:02:44 GMT -5

Adrian shrugged as he picked his load back up again too. His muscles strained and he grunted slightly, but he was more than capable of carrying it. All the years of work had made him grow more muscles than ever before, and he was at peak condition. But that was only because he, unlike most other Death Eaters at the camp, did not lack any food. Others were worked to the bone. But not him, and not Conrad. Adrian shared with those he knew and valued. Conrad was a familiar face and a friend if nothing else.

"Well, don't let it get to you the. Otherwise you're giving them what they want. Endure to spite them." He huffed as he walked. There was nothing that kept you going like spite. Except maybe vengeance. And he had both.

"Dinner over at my place? I think there's a new take out place around the corner." He offered.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 7, 2016 20:35:00 GMT -5

Conrad nodded at his friend and hissed in slight pain as he took the heavy load back in his arms, the injury he had received just last week had not healed properly, he was otherwise quite capable of carrying his load. He and Adrian had no problem with food and got the proper nutrition that was needed unlike many of the other Death Eaters at the work camp.

"Well, it's just irritating and a waste of my effort, not that it particularly matters now." he said. "Spite... it's more than just spite I have for them, which I have no doubt so do most of us..." he continued, as the pair walked towards the place where they were supposed to take the heavy loads, Conrad look a deep breath as he walked, Conrad did not show any sign of pain on his face.

"Dinner at your place? Sounds good, that food sounds so much better than what inedible stuff we get here" he said to Adrian, with a smirk.