Group Instructor at The Sweat Shoppe
CrossFit Instructor

Occulmens
Criminal
played by Steph
"everybody knows the fight was fixed"
options

Post by Ilana Rose Goldstein on Dec 27, 2017 22:57:46 GMT -5

"You look identical to good old Uncle Newt, how could I not?" She helped herself to a few crumbles of pie crust, as she slipped her leg on and off.

"I'm doing well, more or less. Dad says I should visit Granma Queenie more, and I already visit her twice a week. She's helping me with. . protecting against her Thing, which is nice, I guess. It's useful."
She gave an exaggerated shrug. "But then Mum tells me to visit her parents more and I have a job, Rolf, I have, like, two or three jobs, and everything gets complicated because I'm also expected to visit them and my siblings and cousins-- do you know how many cousins we have, Rolf? Because I don't, not really, and I think Cousin Anthony's gotten a divorce last year so that's less names to remember."

She groaned, tossing her head back in mock distress, fingers scrabbling over the case as she noticed someone approaching. She'd heard of. . .Muggle-worthy, wasn't it? She probably shouldn't be playing with her cousin's case, but she slipped what she was quite sure was the hook into place. She always found that the most amazing part of the case when she'd visited the Scamanders. It was magic, it always had been. She'd been almost more fascinated by that than by the actual inside.

There was someone approaching, and Ilana heard most of the talk. She was a smuggler-- what type of poor one would she be if she couldn't hear whispers right next to her? She favored the person with a half-smile. "My sisters'll love it," she reassured the worker, letting them know she'd overheard. Genderbender names were trendy-- and her siblings were named Lior and Noam, and most assumed Noam was a boy's name. Even before they'd both came out, their names had been not what most expected people that looked like them to have.