Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 15, 2017 9:17:19 GMT -5

Something 'bout you  
@blaise Outfit
There were few people in the world that Donna liked as much as she did her brother in law. Though she did not always get on with her sister, she could say that Blaise treated her little sister like a damned queen and their children were adorable. She knew that he would do anything for Sienna and that meant a lot to her. However, there was one thing that Sienna wanted that Blaise refused to give her, and she just could not understand why for the life of her. She wanted a daughter of her own. Though Amelia was her step daughter, Sienna did not love the girl, not like she did her own children.

Donna had no mission for the day, other than to talk about the ball. She had no date, so she would be going alone. It was not something that she was proud of, but she knew, if nothing else, she would be able to get Nick to dance with her a few times so the night was not a total loss. Tossing her long hair she was let into the Manor and then sent into the library. She hated the damned elf, she hated that she was always treated like a stranger. It was not her home though so she would have to let it go. Sitting down slowly she crossed her legs and waited for her brother in law to join her.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Aug 31, 2017 23:11:18 GMT -5

Outfit:

His mother, when she was in residence, always preferred Hadi to answer the door, claiming that Hadi knew their duty to the family best. Blaise thought it rather more of his mother showing off that she was Sacred Twenty-Eight, and having a familial preference for Shafiqs over any other family, but he wasn't about to attempt to override her with Zitto (who obeyed her a half-second faster than he did Blaise) and Hadaya and Amie were similarly trained to be preferential. There had been-- Chalky, he thought the name had been, who had played with Blaise (stepfather #1, it must have been), but Chalky had been one of the first sold. Blaise was sure it was personal, but when he'd gone to see if he could reacquire the elf, it had been snapped up by relatives of the original owner.

Of course, with Hadi being his mother's elf, Lady Shafiq had been informed first, and then she'd called for Zitto to tell Blaise, though Zitto had been obeying Kamil in learning how to discipline a Mudblood. But in Manzil Zabini, Lady Shafiq's word was law above all, even above the Lord Zabini's and his wife's. By the time he'd found his sister-in-law, she'd been waiting some time.

"You were not waiting overly long, I hope?"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 3, 2017 20:26:06 GMT -5

Being the unmarried eldest daughter of her father was not easy. She knew the things that had been expected of her, but she just didn’t care. She wasn’t ready to be someone’s broodmare like her sister had been. She wasn’t prepared to be just someone’s lady. She had a name, she had a life and she wasn’t about to sign it over to just anyone. She had been offered for many times since she was a matured, but she knew that it didn’t matter, because she was still single. Nothing really felt right to her, no one clicked with her. She didn’t need to love them, but she needed them to at least be able to understand her and be her friend.

She had no idea how long she had been waiting, she had picked up a book on the table beside her that was no doubt one that her sister had been reading. She was at least a few chapters into the cheesy romance novel that made her almost think that feminism had never happened when her brother in law came into the room. "I figured you were busy." She said as she set the book aside and nodded to Blaise.

"How does your Lady mother fare?" She asked politely, making the proper small talk first.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 26, 2017 16:04:14 GMT -5

He gave a smile. "Not overly so that I would miss the arrival of my favorite sister-in-law, my lady. My mother's doing well; she says she'll be spending time in one of her continental manors that she says she'll sacrifice, hopefully within the year."

He was The Lord Zabini, and his mother's line had made the Sacred Twenty-Eight, and both of his father's lines had stretched back through centuries of magic. He was well-placed in British society like his father and half his stepfathers before him, but his only daughter was a half-blood. Despite the name he lent her, pureblood families would need motivation to marry her to the younger sons of their cousins.

He sat down beside Donna, catching a glimpse of the book in her hand. The Elegy of the Yearning Concerto, some two-Sickle thing barely above a Knut dreadful, about a singing sorceress who fell in desperate love with the ghost of a handsome wizard There were several passages in which the witch-- well, needless to say it was obviously written by another man who had little idea of how anatomy and bodies worked. The book ended with the witch having found another pureblood wizard, coincidentally the ghost's older brother who was the heir of his family, who she had been promised to since the age of three, and who she had a fierce rivalry with.

Needless to say, Gen had paid him to read it in their Fifth year. After doing so, he'd scrubbed his eyes, and written an essay on how singer's misadventures were impossible, unlikely, and had tried his hand at drawing out why the positions were impossible. "If you're enjoying that, however, I'll had to see if I can transfer that title to Pans."

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 6, 2017 20:42:15 GMT -5

Donna laughed when Blaise called her his favorite sister-in-law. She was his only one until Van or Michael married, so him even saying it always brought a smile to her lips. She could never decide if he was being sarcastic or not; though, she figured it was probably better to not ask. She smiled at him and nodded her head slowly, she knew that his mother was rather wealthy, but she knew too that his mother drove her sister bonkers and that it was better when she wasn’t around. ”Ah, well, perhaps it might bring her some joy, and you some peace.” Donna said with a small smirk.

Donna laughed and shook her head before rolling her eyes. She liked Blaise, and they usually got alone. She was like her younger sister, but she was a lot kinder than the younger woman. ”I’m not actually. I thought it would be something to pass the time. This makes me want to rip out my eyes actually. “ She tossed it to the side and looked at him. ”How are my niece and nephews fairing?”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Oct 29, 2017 3:09:12 GMT -5

"Oh, doubtful." He gave an elegant shrug. "You know my mother well enough to know she's never satisfied until everyone around her is miserable, and she has their life in her capable hands. No, no-- she'll write several missives from the Continent saying how the wife she chose for her is not up to par with how she was presented, the manor's a mess, an the elves and children are undisciplined. There's peace only when she's visiting family, though she always comes back with new things to pick at."

He gave a wince, screwing up his face. "I would destroy the book, but it is Sienna's. Not quite overly harmful, so it may stay for now. The children are doing well-- Kamil has a friendship with the young Lord Rowle, Laurentin's not tormenting Peyter, and the latter's realizing he can be apart from his brothers without them hating him, though he's clinging more to the girl, who is. . fulfilling expectations of some sort."