Gods are stubborn. so am I (and you are not gods)

Medea Giovana Stone
Medea Giovana Stone Avatar
Ravenclaw
61 posts
19 years old
Unemployed
Misc. Career
played by Steph
"With the lights out, it's less dangerous"
options

Post by Medea Giovana Stone on Sept 1, 2017 13:19:17 GMT -5

Medea Giovana Stone
by Steph
birthday
blood status
Muggle-Born, TYVM
sexual orientation
LESBIAN
epidemic x status
INFECTED
occupation
Hogwarts Student, temporarily
Nurse Intern at St Mungo's
general appearance
Brown-black hair, a soft heart-shaped face, large greenish eyes. She's curvy enough, she says, and enjoys showing that off. Or did, at least. It's a bit more awkward now that she's considered third-class, and slightly subhuman. Still, she takes pride in what she has.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
Prefect for her Fifth year
Intern at St Mungo's (1/2019)

university
Hoping for Bangor, but unlikely
university major(s)
Whatever she can
years attended
. . .who knows.

skills
she's pretty good at rolling with things, and has pretty much has acting irreverent down to a science. i mean, therapeutically that's not much a of a skill because there are some things that need to be fully taken in, and what she does is see it, blink, file it away without much thought. this might not really work in the long-term, but in the short term, it's how she survives. (so that might be more of a weakness, but she counts it as a strength.) Has a working knowledge of BSL and ASL but mixes the two up pretty often. She's stubborn, but she at times knows when to bend. fighting-- physically, really. 
In classes, she does well in Arithmency, Potions, and Astronomy-- her brain's more mathy, of sorts, which she finds amusing, as her sister's better with more humanity-like things. Still, she's great at Art.
weaknesses
acts overly casual. i mean, typically that's not a weakness, but like-- it gets to the point where she brushes off things that really shouldn't be brushed off, because it's a former coping skill she used with one of her step-fathers.
speaking of him, weaknesses she has because of him include raised male voices, that type of silent-and-angry voice. how she reacts to flashbacks of that-- well, it depends. she might try to lash out verbally, put on a tough front, sink inside herself, or react in a variety of different ways that she doesn't really like to think about. she plays off more serious things like they're no big deal.
history of magic? she doesn't know them (while in school she used friends. While at home, she used her Muggle sister, who was pretty good at histories and understanding things like that.)
Her full sister, and her sister's daughter. Her half-siblings. Her mother. The most recent deceased step-father. The first three are weaknesses because of "love", the last one a trauma. He'd been abusive while he'd lived, manipulated her into thinking that she was the only one seeing that side of him.
Nightmares-- either she has them with sleep paralysis, or she has them where she screams and things get on fire.
Minor dysgraphia, though it doesn't impact her Arithmency or math.
positive traits
Alert, ambitious, anticipation, careful, charismatic, compassionate, contemplative, decisive, determined, friendly, genuine, hard-working, maternal, methodical, perceptive, protective, rational, reliable, shrewd
negative traits
argumentative, calculating, compulsive at times, she knows how to be cruel, cynical, "difficult" (she doesn't feel as if she is, but she's been told that too many times), erratic when triggered, fearful, inhibited, opininated, passive at times, REPRESSED (not sexually, she wants to make that clear), sarcastic, skeptical, stubborn, unpolished
hobbies/interests
Arithmency, geology, painting, pretty women, taking care of family
accomplishments
Survived her year as a slave
Helped raise her siblings

character history
"My Dad's Italian-- actually looked a bit like my. . .employer, let's say, somewhat creepy, but that's life. Anyway, Dad died when I was something like two? But Mum and Dad had been divorced. Mum found a new man for a bit, then he left her, and Jason came along. We think Ajax Hardyng was his name-- though we sort of found some proof after Jason was born that the name we knew-- no one existed by it? Oops. And then I started showing some signs of magic, and Mum fell for a wizard, and things went well, I got another brother and then. . . well, they got into a rather nasty divorce, it dragged on for a while and my sister Zia was born nine months after the court date that the divorce was finalized, which was awkward. Especially when he had to explain that to his new wife. Especially when he sort of died before Zia was born, so the four of us kids and Mum and Mum's stomach got to be in one of the front pews. Anyway, then Mum took a year or so before finding herself someone else, who I think was a Squib? I mean, he was, but I don't know what type of family he was from, because they threw him out and he chose his surname himself. He's the dad of Sarya and Leah, who are seven and five, and we don't know if they're also magical, or what they would be.

So, there's my sister Cassandra, who's nineteen, me, my fifteen-year-old brother Jason, thirteen-and-eleven year old Zachary and Zia, and Sarya and Leah. So money's a bit tight with eight kids -- and the move-- wait, I forgot that, didn't I? That'll be in the next statement stuff. And then there's some stuff going on the the world of magic while we're somewhat unaware-- I mean, though Zachary's dad came in the picture when I was four, he kept his magicalness hidden until I got my letter, after the divorce. Nice, I mean. Could've helped me feel less weird. Also, could've explained the Z's and Jason a bit more.

Okay, so, the move. I'm not actually-- well, it's really confusing, because citizenship and parents and everything and whatnot, and governments. So, my mother's British, and raised in Wales. But then she ran away from her commune after her and her brother's A-levels, and they moved to New York. She met Dad there. They married, has Cass and me (which Heather probably regrets because I was always getting fights at school, and getting kicked out), and I'm not actually sure what type of visa or citizenship they had there? Either way, me and Cass were US citizens, which was what mattered. Which was a really privileged thing to not care about, because I had friends who had different immigration struggles. And then Mum met Tybalt Hill, who was on English visa, and he convinced her to come back. So we all went, and I am maybe English too? Am I duel citizen? I don't know, especially when you factor in that magical and Muggle governments might have different standards. I'm not quite sure what I am for Muggle countries, so I've got even less clue for magical.

And then there was another step-father after Hill-- I mean, not right after, this is during my Hogwarts years because we'd moved to England by then, but this isn't too linear. So-- he was magical, yeah. Also emotionally abusive to Cass and me-- I mean, we thought we were the only ones taking it so no one else had to-- but then he thankfully died in the Diagon Alley thing. We're. . not actually sure if he was trying to help out the Death Eater side, or just caught in the crossfire. Also, like all of Mum's men, she had a kid with him-- actually, technically three, but the twins were given up for adoption, because Mum couldn't afford to raise them. Good thing, I say. The boy had his eyes.

Also, Hogwarts. Hogwarts came and it was a whole new world and things started making sense, and I realized about half my siblings were probably also magical. Again-- thanks, Mr Rivers. I really liked it in Hogwarts, but on my first day, I understood pretty quickly that some prejudices were institutional in this world-- I was considered for Slytherin, but then told that wouldn't be wise because I was a Muggle-born. So I agreed to that, and now especially, I like to think I should've dug my heels in. Also, in the years at Hogwarts, I came out, realized I really like to flirt, and had some fun until like, last year until suddenly Durant's dead, and I didn't realize how bad life was for the kids of the evil families? I mean, I'm Muggle-born, and I didn't go anywhere near the places once I knew they existed because I had half a brain. Least, I thought I did. And then when the whole what-do-we-do-if came up, Jason and I agreed we'd go quietly, because we had to protect our siblings, and Mum.

And then we were-- collected you'd say, but luckily Jason and I had stayed together as much as we could, and made sure the Z's wouldn't be around us. We didn't fight, we just . . .went. Even though Jason's dad could've been magical, but how could we prove it? As long as we behaved, we hoped, our family would be spared, and that was what was important. And depending on Sarya, Leah, Sarella, Lysia-fucking-nassa-- if they have magic, what will they be treated as? If also Muggle-born, we needed to make sure that they'd follow our example, get hurt as little as possible. I mean, maybe that's something borne from Sand's abuse, but it is what it is.

And I was live-in, which was. . .pretty stressful. I mean, Jason's fifteen, he's underage, he had four years of schooling, and he was at Kolna by himself. I was supposed to protect him; I swore to Cass and Mom I would. I swore I wouldn't let him get hurt, and I also had to fight down Cass because she was also saying she had to protect Jason, but she has a kid and no magic, so it would be hell. Jason-- Jason's smart. I tried to see him as much as I can, and he. . he kept his head down.

And you'd think that would be the end of it, but then. . .Jason went missing one night, and he was missing for about five months after. I was sure he was dead. And then he came back and we found out he was a werewolf. I have no idea how he survived, he doesn't like to talk about it. It was hard during that time-- I acted out a fair amount, slept with a lot of women I don't remember. I struggled with controlling magic, and then this sickness came, and my magic was gone, but. . .suddenly, I was airbending, and pretty badly. I don't know how it happened, but it did suddenly make a lot of things make more sense."

parents
Heather Storm, Roberto Pietra, three dead stepfathers
siblings
(unknown Squib, presumed Muggle),
Jason Hardyng (16, half-brother, unknown father, magical),
Zia and Zachary Rivers (12 and 14, half-siblings, half-blood)
Leah and Sarya Hill (7 and 8, half-siblings, half-blood),
Sarella Sand (4, half-sister, half-blood)
children
NONE. 
partner
Many short-term. 
Presently, enthralled.
other family
Lysianassa Stone,(5) niece.
family history
"Mum doesn't. .tell me much. She lived on a commune in some unpronounceable part of Wales-- the one with the really long name, which sometimes she says when she's sloshed and it's a perfect pronunciation-- with her parents and siblings. She has a brother about her age, who ran away with her. She's got two younger siblings a few years older than Cass and I, and she talks about it even less, but she has a few half-siblings. I've got a cousin with forty-three middle names, and Mum says we're lucky she and dad liked Greek mythology, because her name used to be Meadow or something like that. No, it was Sky Rainbow and Uncle Ethan was Breeze Harmony. My grandparents are Eclipse Kassiopeia and Cloud Meadow-- yes, they chose the names themselves, no I don't know if they were high or not but they might've been. My full aunt and uncle are Cosmic Echo and Mist Moonbeam-- Mist runs some sort of vaguely-local-but-hugely-popular-- it's got like, a cult following?-- Muggle radio station called Eargasm, where she just plays whatever she wants, makes fun of her family, and talks. That's Mum's family.

Dad's, I. . . I don't know."

Though Medea doesn't know, the little knowledge of her father's family is mainly because they're part of a well-known crime family, which of course is non-magical (that one, of course) and her father was fleeing it. Hence the "change" from Pietra (pseudonym) to Stone (translated pseudonym). Her father's family was pretty high up-- her grandfather was one of the large contestants to be the new don. With Roberto fleeing (and eventual murder), his book was wiped clean. They're somewhat aware that he did have two daughters. Just in case some extra insurance was needed. Are they particularly cared about? no. will anything come of it? also most likely no.

other
AIR ELEMENTAL
face claim
India Eisley
status of application
Incomplete
have you read the rules?
RULES? NAH
how did you hear about us?
i saw it in a bowl of alphabet soup
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 7, 2017 23:00:02 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!