Cassandra Leah Stone
Cassandra Leah Stone Avatar
N/A
64 posts
20 years old
Mentor at Domun Agápe
Squib
played by Steph
"But they never told you the price that you'd pay, for things that you might have done"
options

Post by Cassandra Leah Stone on Nov 10, 2017 14:35:59 GMT -5

Cassandra Leah Stone
by StEph
birthday
blood status
(Believed) Muggle, (technically) half-blood Squib
sexual orientation
"Bi or pan, or something like that, but. . .I haven't had the best luck with men, so usually not them."
epidemic x status
UNIMPACTED
occupation
MENTOR, DOMUM AGAPE
general appearance
A round oval of a pale face, loose black curls, skin that burns very easily rather than tanning, brown eyes. She's petite-- she wouldn't consider herself overly so, but there are a fair amount who would. She's got some curves and stretch marks, and her hands are rarely still, either used for exclamation or for Sign.

former school
eleanor Smith School
former house
N/A
achievements
A-LEVELS

university
NONE
university major(s)
NONE
years attended
NONE

skills
WRITING, HISTORY, FIGHTING, MUSCLE MEMORY, ASL AND BSL (had to learn both for her sister and brother, and still knows them pretty well even though Zia mostly uses BSL)
weaknesses
MATHS, SCIENCES, NOT BEING MAGICAL LIKE SO MANY OF HER SIBLINGS, HER MOTHER (whom she rarely got along with), HER SIBLINGS, HER DAUGHTER, THE LAST STEP-FATHER, RELATIONSHIPS, RYAN
positive traits
ADAPTABLE, COMPASSIONATE, EMPATHETIC, HARDWORKING, HIGH-MINDED, HONEST, LOYAL, PERCEPTIVE, PROTECTIVE, RESPONSIBLE, SCHOLARLY
negative traits
ANXIOUS, DISCONTENTED, IMPRESSIONABLE, QUESTIONING, REACTIVE, REPENTANT, SARCASTIC, SKEPTICAL
hobbies/interests
Caring for her younger siblings. It's not a hobby, per say, but she doesn't remember a time she wasn't looking after a younger sibling and holding their hand. She really enjoys reading, writing, history-- and she's fascinated by the scraps of magical history that she finds out from Medea and Jason.
Honestly, during breaks, she usually writes her sister's essays. They turn out better, most of the time.
accomplishments
she. . . 
There's not much.

character history
“Okay, I can actually tell a coherent story. My mother lived on a commune in Wales, then got sick of it. So as soon as she graduated from Uni, she came to the US, and tried to settle in the City. Yes, Medea, Uni and not A-levels. Well, she succeeded. And I mean, rent is expensive, so she found herself some roommates. Roommates who she later found out were magical, but I’m getting ahead of myself.

She met Dad sometime, who had came from Italy after some argument with his parents. What it was, she never found out. Sometimes he acted different for a bit, left for a few days, and came back without remembering what happened. Mom usually blamed drugs, because come on-- it’s the mid-90’s, and Giuliani was mayor, which was enough for some. I mean, now that we know about the magical world it’s a bit more suspicious, but it was normal. Probably. I happened, Medea happened very shortly after, they couldn’t stop arguing, they divorced, Mom found someone else for a night and had Jason, Dad died.  I started taking care of them then-- I don't quite remember what happening, but I started caring for Jason, for my sister, because I realized our mother was incapable.

I’ve been in therapy for some time then, because I said I could see things that no one else saw, like buildings, doors, and one really weird time, some people going into a room in the old City Hall Station. Well, that and all the fights Cass and I got into, but still. I got all checked out, and I’m. . . pretty sure there was nothing off. I was told that it was probably grief, or something, but I was hallucinating, so I guess it really messed me up. Or something like that; we lost the papers sometime. 

Mom met another person then-- he was magical, but we didn’t know it at the time, though sometimes would find him watching Medea. It was creepy, but he wasn’t watching her in a predatory way-- more of a thinking way, really. He sometimes did that to me too, but stopped. I didn’t know what it was then, but I do now-- he was trying to figure out if Medea or I had magic, since weird things sometimes happened. I understand why he couldn’t tell us now, because I’ve spent enough summers and winters helping Medea with her homework to understand the International Statute of Security is a dangerous thing to break. And seemingly in the US, there were much stricter laws in the past, even though we’ve likely all seen something on the streets. But then again, I guess the City’s one the best places to be magical, because no one notices.

Mom and her new husband weren’t getting along, and got a divorce. Nine months later, our sister Zia was born. Zachary and Zia’s dad died, nearly on the same day-- Zia was born two or three days later. To give you some idea of timelines, I’m nine or so and Medea’s around seven, so it’s not like he was probably even sure Medea was magical before he died. We were in full swing then-- I was selling pencils and essays in the schoolyard, and then going home to make dinner and make sure everyone was getting the attention they needed, doing their homework, going to bed. Time passes again, and Mom finds someone else, who this time is from the UK. Tybalt Hill and Mom have a kid, of course-- Sarya, who I’m twelve years older than. He then convinces her to we need to go back, so we uproot and before I go into high school (saved me from the SHSAT, at least) we moved to England. They celebrate the move by having another kid a year and some months after, but we find out the reason we moved pretty soon after-- in the early stages of Mom’s newest pregnancy, we get a letter and a visit from Hogwarts, saying that Medea has magic, and needs to go off to be trained. That’s when Tybalt tells us he was born into a magical family, but he himself doesn’t have any.

The next few months are pretty rough, because there’s the restructuring the world, accepting the impossible, and fighting past feelings of betrayal. There’s an incident where we tell Jason about Medea, and he’s so upset that he doesn’t have magic and that he can’t tell anyone that he-- well, the drapes catch on fire, and Medea isn’t around, so it has to come from him. So then we learn more facts-- Medea is magical, Jason is magical, and Sarya and Leah have a chance. And that leaves me-- the eldest, nonmagical and. . .normal. Being able to eventually have a cell phone didn’t make things better, not when my sisters and brother would be able to fly. How could i take care of them like this, how could I protect them when they were so different? 

Tybalt helped, because he understood a little. He remembered some of being in a magical family, so he was helpful. And I. . . I struggle, and I start seeing things again, but I can’t tell anyone, because it’s just repressed grief. He dies shortly after, actually, and because they were still married, Mom’s able to get us a good place.

Medea goes off to Hogwarts, and enthralls us with badly-worded and poorly-spelled letters. Hogwarts is beautiful and amazing, and. . magical, and I’m sitting in school, trying to do long division while Medea seemingly practices questionable things on animals and flies on brooms. I’m then the first to notice when Zachary starts showing magic because I'm the one mostly taking care of him, and a lot clicks into place. And if Zachary has magic, Zia has it, and then Mom finds someone who is definitely magical, and then Jason goes off to Hogwarts.

And I’m the only sibling who isn’t magic, has no chance of being magic, because I’m a Muggle. And then the new husband turns out to be abusive which is a joy and I try to escape every way I can.

Do the math, if you will. I’m getting older, I need to escape, I’m lonely, and I don’t think I have value. This continues for a few years, me trying to escape, and trying to protect my siblings, and then I get knocked up. I always used protection, it just. . happened. Stealthing, I think it's called. And I was desperate-- I hoped that if I had a kid, then the father would take care of me, get me away, so I didn’t tell anyone until it was too late to get an abortion and then-- joy of joys, I was to become an older sister again. You can imagine how enthused I was.

The kid happened, I was almost kicked out, the father didn’t help, and I was stubborn. I lived with my grandparents a bit to get away, Zachary goes to Hogwarts, and then. . .
Well. I’m only a Muggle, see, so I only know what I’m told. And what I’m told a year ago, is that magical Nazis broke out their jail in a public place or something, which killed a lot of people (bye, Stepdad Number Whatever! You won’t be missed!), and some months later killed the Minister, and took over. A few months ago, Medea and Jason went missing, and the only thing we’ve heard from them is that we won’t hear from them because it could put us in danger.

So, I’ve mostly been. . . trying to deal, cope, and live, as another of my siblings goes off to Hogwarts and my mother and I watched Sarya and Leah and Sarella and Lysianassa for magic, because we don’t know what’ll happen if they have it. And sometimes. . .sometimes I have to feel something. Anything. Safe, secure, comfortable-- or at least what I think they feel like. So I started a sort-of relationship with one of my bosses, because I needed something, and I could tell she liked me. It wasn't supposed to be anything other than a release, it wasn't supposed to end in anything. Tension, anger, fear-- help with those. It lasted for a few months, and it was fine, you know?

Except. . .we got caught, by our even-further boss, her mother. It came just in time, because I could tell she was getting attached, because she started looking at me in different ways, she was softer. It was just supposed to be casual, and it wasn't. Things were so awkward then-- because you know, being caught in your employer's bed by her mother who is also your boss just. . .does that. We fell apart and it was awkward as hell and even the kids could tell something was wrong. But we avoided each other pretty well for seven or eight months, and then. . .I fell back in, after going to a concert that I did on the pressuring of some of the kids. It was only once, and it was a mistake. Now things are even more awkward, and I really don't know how to deal with that, because it's not mutual, and I don't want it to be.

Anyway. I take care of my daughter the best I can. No, it's not as . . .it was easier, mothering my siblings. A kid I didn't really want when I had her, a kid I struggled with, a kid who's happier when she's not with me. . .I love her, I do. But she's better without me, or remembers the time I wasn't the best. I try now, really, I do. 

My siblings are okay, mostly. Jason's a werewolf, and doesn't like to speak about it. Medea's lost her magic. The younger ones in that school are doing okay, and I visit the ones who still live with Heather almost every day. But they're alive, the two I need the most, and that's all that we need. Because surviving? You can turn that into living.
parents
Heather Storm, Roberto "Pietra", (biological father: unknown wizard)
siblings
Medea Stone,
Jason Hardyng (half-brother, unknown father, magical) 
Zia and Zachary Rivers (half-siblings, half-blood)
Leah and Sarya Hill (half-siblings, half-blood)
Sarella Sand (half-sister, three, half-blood)
children
Lysianassa Stone 
partner
"He didn't do shit except fuck me up, so he doesn't deserve that."
other family
None that she's aware of save Muggles.
family history
"Mom doesn't. .tell us much. She lived on a commune near (and technically part of) Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (which sometimes she says when she's sloshed and it's a perfect pronunciation) with her parents and siblings. She has a brother about her age, who ran away with her. She's got two younger siblings a few years older than Cass and I, and she talks about it even less, but she has a few half-siblings. I've got a cousin with forty-three middle names, and Heather says we're lucky she and dad liked Greek mythology, because her name used to be Sky Rainbow and Uncle Ethan was Breeze Harmony. My grandparents are Eclipse Kassiopeia and Cloud Meadow-- yes, they chose the names themselves, no, I don't know if they were high or not but they might've been. My full aunt and uncle are Cosmic Echo and Mist Moonbeam-- Mist created a radio station called Eargasm, where she just plays whatever she wants, makes fun of her family, and talks. It's got a cult following, and she's  really popular. That's Heather's family.

Dad's, I. . . I don't know. He never told us."

The man who she called Dad was Italian, Muggle, and part of a crime familh. Her biological father was no one of importance, a half-blood from a small family, who was friends who the so-called Robert(o) Pietra. Robert had some knowledge of the magical world, and when he realized his friend was magical, impressed on him to pretend to be him for a few business trips. Polyjuice did the trick, and at the end of it, he never suspected that Cassandra wasn't his daughter.

other
"Some people-- Astrid-- are Veela magnets. Apparently Heather's a wizard magnet."
face claim
VANESSA MARANO
status of application
complete, MAN
have you read the rules?
NO
how did you hear about us?
IT CAME TO ME IN THE SHOWER
roleplay sample

But they never told you the price that you pay for things that you might have done

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 11, 2017 21:53:37 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Pending!

Hi hi! So she would be 18 not 19! Turning 19 in literally like a week, but still -- right now she's 18! Other than that, she's all good to go!
Cassandra Leah Stone
Cassandra Leah Stone Avatar
N/A
64 posts
20 years old
Mentor at Domun Agápe
Squib
played by Steph
"But they never told you the price that you'd pay, for things that you might have done"
options

Post by Cassandra Leah Stone on Nov 11, 2017 22:00:41 GMT -5

fiiiiiiiiiixed ^-^
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 11, 2017 22:13:10 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!