0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 18, 2017 20:43:14 GMT -5

Lincoln Joseph Orville
30 - Male - Halfblood - 10/14/1987

Coach for the Ballycastle Bats | Art Collector

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Link’s eyes are always the first things that people see. Like a cool drink of water on a hot summer's day, his eyes are like pools of ice, drawing you in just a little closer. He has the true eyes of a Parkinson, even though he’s a bastard halfblood. Athletically built, it’s obvious that Lincoln takes good care of his body, working out on a regular basis to maintain his athleticism. As the Coach of the Ballycastle Bats, he makes sure he is in good shape, often running and lifting weights before the start of his day. He tends to grow out his stubble, though it's never overbearing. He can most often be found in casual workout clothes while he’s training his team but can be inclined to dress up and ‘play his part’ if the timing is right.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Skills: Quidditch — Link’s been playing Quidditch since before Hogwarts. Always a quick study, he was the Seeker for the Slytherin team as soon as he was old enough. Drafted into the reserve’s of the British League following his graduation, he’s been pounding the pavement…hard. In his prime, he wasn’t afraid to go for the tough catches, even sustaining multiple severe injuries over his career. It was ultimately the toll that these injuries took — and his age — that’s put him out of commission. Not entirely, though. He’s using his Quidditch skill to coach the Ballycastle Bats into a big win this year. Strategy — Although he was known for his skill and athleticism during his heyday, Lincoln Orville has gained quite the head for Quidditch Strategy since his retirement from play. He now uses this to his team’s advantage, developing elaborate plays that build on his years of experience. Social — Link likes to say that he’s never met a woman he doesn’t like…known to be a ladies man, he doesn’t date. Instead, he prefers to rotate a variety of women on a variety of days. There are rumors that he has a calendar and spreadsheet to keep them all straight, but Link says when you’ve got a mind like his, there’s no need for such things. Medical Magic — Although not classically trained as a healer, Link knows his way around medicinal magic and healing spells. He can quickly patch up a fallen teammate and get them back on their feet in time for next practice. Sometimes, he thinks he was a healer in a past life.
Weaknesses: Drinking — Link loves his liquor. In fact, in the summer of 2007, there was a scandal that made rounds about him showing up to an Appleby Arrows game drunk. Of course, he denies it…but he won’t deny that he loves a good drink. He’s partial to scotches and whiskeys himself, but he’ll drink just about anything if it’s put in front of him. Workaholic — Link tends to put one hundred and ten percent into everything that he does, including his job. He works long hours to make sure his team has everything they need to succeed. He pushed them harder than they’ve ever worked before, and sometimes he has a hard time turning it all off. He tends to fixate on losses and will obsess over how they could have done better. I guess that makes him a good coach…? Reputation — Link has a few reputations working against him. First, in his personal life, he’s known as quite the lady killer. He says he doesn’t deny this. Two, in his professional life, he’s known to be quite cut-throat (he’s also not denying this one). He says you don’t get far in life without pushing things to their limits. Smart Ass — Link thinks he knows it all. And, sometimes he does. But other times, he most certainly doesn’t…
Positive Personality Traits: Athletic, Ambitious, Daring, Disciplined (how else did he get this rockin’ bod?), Focused, Independent, Self-secure, Spontaneous, Suave
Negative Personality Traits: Assertive, Competitive, Conceited (sometimes), Idealistic (in the worst way), Indulgent, Obsessive, Perfectionist
Hobbies and Interests: Art collecting, Quidditch (Link still plays recreationally sometimes), Quidditch Strategy, Betting on sports, Cooking (he’s actually fairly decent and it helps impress the ladies), Crossword puzzles in the Daily Prophet, Women, Athletics training (weight lifting, running, boxing, etc.)
Character History:
I was born a bastard. Merlin only f****** knows what Haldan Vane was thinking when he slept with my mother a muggle. It seems strange now, given everything I know about dear old dad. Sometimes I think he was just drunk. That’s the only explanation I have. I guess it runs in the family.

My father wasn’t particularly interested in raising me after that. Afterall, I was a black spot on his otherwise untarnished reputation. His sister, Tara, knew that they couldn’t leave me out in the cold. I grew up practically raised by Tara and Myles. They took me into their house when no one else would, gave me shelter from the world outside, and raised me alongside their daughter, @donna . Donna and I were close growing up. We still are. I consider them to be the only real family that I have, her and her parents.

Being raised in a magical home, I was taught what was acceptable and what was not. The Parkinsons were purebloods, meaning they valued their status high above all else. Of course, I was a small blemish, but they kept me in the back of things because of Tara’s golden heart. I was also taught the importance of Magical Sports. Quidditch first caught my eye when I was very young. It was the only thing in the magical world that I excelled at, so far. And it was the only thing that made Tara and Myles proud.

At Hogwarts, I joined the Quidditch team as soon as I could. Although my other marks suffered, I was able to keep them high enough to stay on the team. I would try and pawn off my homework on younger year Slytherins so I could spend more time practicing. And it paid off.

As soon as I graduated, I was drafted into the British League, reserve Seeker for the Appleby Arrows. That was about when I met Zoe. I fell in love with her almost instantly — brilliant, hot, and with a point of view I had never known, I gravitated towards her. She reminded me of myself…she was a muggleborn…a part of me that I didn’t know I was missing.

Things were good for a while…until they weren’t. In the summer of 2007 was when I lost her. We broke up and it sent me spiraling into whatever pit of hell was closest. I started drinking, smoking, sleeping with any woman I could get my hands on. I was suspended from a few Appleby games because of it all.

I was traded to the Bats after that. Guess my teammates were sick of my shit…I couldn’t blame them. I figured things out after that…at least enough that I wasn’t showing up to games inebriated. Over the years, I sustained a few injuries that threatened to put me out of the League. But it wasn’t until I broke my ribcage after a 100 foot tumble that they took me out of the game. I was forced into retirement and back into my old habits.

Drinking, women…I was able to hold onto a little bit of my sanity because they retained me as the Coach for the team.

I never see my dad. Guess he’s remarried to a right pureblood woman and had their own pureblood children. I’m still the Bastard. I’ll always be the bastard. Might as well live up to the name, right?

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters? Does it affect his Quidditch career? Honestly, Link doesn't really care. He's not one to get involved in politics...he'll leave that to the rest of his family. He just wants to make sure that the League is preserved and their new rules and regulations don't seem to be affecting that. 

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? Link could care less. He doesn't have anything to really say about the Death Eaters or Minister Durant. So long as he gets to play Quidditch, he's a happy man. 

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? Again, Link finds himself rather disinterested in the politics of the Wizarding World. He's a Bastard of a pureblood man, which gave him some semblance of safety during the Wizarding Wars. His mother is a muggle, but he doesn't know her. He was raised by a family that valued pureblood-ism and perhaps even dabbled in the darkness of the Death Eaters. 

Family
Parents: Haldan Vane & Summer Orville
Siblings: N/A, though he considers Donna Kallis Theroux to be like a sibling to him.
Children: N/A
Partner: Zoë Marie Armstrong , ex-girlfriend
Other Relevant Family: Tara Vane-Parkinson (aunt), Myles Parkinson (uncle), Donna Theroux (cousin), Sienna Parkinson-Zabini (cousin), Van Parkinson (cousin), Michael Parkinson (cousin)
Family History:
(Partially lifted from Donna’s app!)

Myles Parkinson born the eldest son, he was set into an arranged marriage from the moment that he could crawl. He and Tara were best friends, and when they started school it was only natural that they start dating. It was only right in their minds. They loved each other. Finish school they were married immediately after Myles became a marked Death Eater.

Shortly after they married Tara found herself pregnant and a girl was born. Donna, then two years later Sienna, a few years later Van and then Michael were born. Tara’s brother, Haldan Vane, wasn’t exactly a faithful man. He was expected to follow pureblood protocol, but a drunken night at a muggle bar left him with a Bastard son, Link. He was unfit — and frankly, unwilling — to raise Link, so he pushed him off onto Tara and Myles. They were willing to accept Link as a background piece of their family, though they were always slightly ashamed of the Bastard boy that lived at their home.

Other: LOOK INTO JESSE'S EYES. JUST LOOK AT THEM.

Quinn
The Stargazer
The Family Disappointment
Little Lion
The Bitch
The French Wandmaker
The Woman Who Named Her Daughter After Herself
The Captain
The Werewolf
The Divorcee
The Delusional Halfblood
The Mudblood Mom
The Current Scandal
The Pregnant Doctor

What is the status of this application?
Complete, though I know I have A TON of posts left to do :)

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
MAGIQUE

Play-By:
Jesse Williams

Roleplay Sample
Freezing, choking, getting tongue-tied - there’s a reason it happens. We lose our words because the stakes are so high and we have so much to lose. We’re petrified of saying too much or saying it wrong. When the truth is, the only wrong thing you can say is nothing at all.

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 13, 2018 18:59:51 GMT -5

Okey-dokey! So no TM, 10 posts for new characters so we need this:

@harlow needs four!
@henri needs five!
@jack needs six!
@penelope needs three!
@remington needs two!
@zelda needs three!

And @rosalind needs one more to meet AR!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Feb 7, 2018 13:19:24 GMT -5

Just because I like to be helpful!

@henri now just needs two!
@jack needs one!

THAT'S IT! <3
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 8, 2018 9:05:25 GMT -5

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Feb 8, 2018 13:12:07 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!