New Kid on the Block | OPEN

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 7, 2018 15:08:11 GMT -5

NEW KID ON THE BLOCK
Ever since he had found Tamara again, Jack had sworn that he was going to do right by his wife. He was going to give her everything that she had always wanted. She had left her job at Fleur De Lis and had come to live with him. Things were the way that they should have been all those years ago…but there were still parts of him that were missing. He knew there were parts of her that were missing too. When she had woken up in a night terror a few weeks ago, Jack had been surprised that he hadn’t noticed sooner. The stress of losing him had deteriorated her just as much as it had damaged him. They were like two broken music boxes, trying their hardest to pull through a melody, but the dissonance was sometimes too much to bare.

The only thing that kept him going was that they were in this together.

He had turned in his resignation from Quality Quidditch Supplies and, while they were disappointed that he was leaving only a few months after he had started, they understood his situation. Unsure of what he was going to do, he sought the advice of Shaun, one of his best mates from his army days.

When he had gone to Mungo’s, it wasn’t Shaun he found…but his wife. She told him that Shaun had been shipped off a few days ago for another tour. No idea when he would be back. She would be there for him, though. Even invited him and Mara over for a fresh home cooked meal. She was kind, Zelda Levesque.

She had also suggested that he look into a career at St. Mungo’s and Jack had promptly scoffed at the idea. He had no medical training, apart from the avant-garde things he had picked up from Shaun in the field. He knew how to sling an arm with just a few strips of an old tent and a broken floorboard. But she had put in a good word for him, and yesterday, Mungo’s had owled him, offering him a decent position with decent pay.

Here he was, signing his offer letter. This meant that he was officially an employee of St. Mungo’s. Sure, it was the Records Department, but it was something to be proud of. It was something that Mara could be proud of. Standing up, he returned his paperwork in exchange for the name badge and scrubs that he would be required to wear.

“And…” The human resources clerk looked him over before gesturing to her left. “That’s the door. We’ve got someone standing by to give you a tour, just head on through.” And with that, she started processing his paperwork and Jack was left by himself. Turning towards the door, he pushed it open, hoping that his tour guide would show themselves.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Feb 7, 2018 22:42:20 GMT -5

She'd been suggested to give a tour. When she'd raised an eyebrow and lowered it at her cane-- seven floors of Mungo's, after all-- and her stander and wheelchair did sometimes have some difficulty on extended stair use, she'd been told there were some experiences she might be able to share. She didn't pry, but there was some hope that there would be another Healer who wasn't temporarily able-bodied. Some.

Besides, it was a Thickey shift, and it was good to get out and move around. So she technically use her wheelchair, which was easier than her stander, which was another thing.

She put on a welcoming smile as the door flung open, one hand on her cane, her wheelchair behind her. "I'm Healer Kvothe, Trauma and Janus Thickey."

She was still, technically unsure how much her cousin's names were known, or how they were treated, especially after the newer coup. Still, it had been bloodless, or so was the claim. Jocelyn didn't care much. "Or Jocelyn, really. Pleasure." She held out her free hand for a shake. "I've been at Mungo's-- oh, late 2016? So the tour's still new in my head. Before that, I was at Casa Degli Innocenti in Ospedale di Santa Maria Nuova-- though we mostly called it Innocenti, for. . .understandable reasons." She gave a grin. "I mean-- help, I have a head injury, take me to the hospital with over twenty syllables in the name! St. Mungo's is. . .thankfully shorter."