Sasha Violet Augustine Avatar
Gryffindor
148 posts
18 years old
7th Year
Witch Weekly Intern
Gryffindor
played by Morgan
"And she's got the looks and the boys on hooks, Turned her tears to diamonds in her crown"
options

Post by Sasha Violet Augustine on Feb 21, 2018 23:18:54 GMT -5

Sasha Violet Augustine
16 - Female - Muggleborn - 04/13/2001

"Something awful, that I have to be passable at to survive."

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Sasha doesn't think that we even need to say that she's pretty, because everyone should know that already. So clearly confidence isn't a problem either, but we'll get there later. She's rather tall - standing at just about 5'9" and that doesn't stop her from wearing heels. Sasha likes her hair… it's not anything extraordinary like Mari's, but she still thinks that she's got pretty good hair. Her eyes are a blue-green that sort of depend on the lighting she's in. Growing up, she didn't care much for her freckles, but she's gotten used to them as she's gotten older, so honestly, she thinks they kind of complete the whole package.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Skills: She thinks she’s got plenty of those. Flirting - it was something that she was always very good at. She’s choosy about who she flirts with, she has to think that they are worth her time… or at least close to it. Not many people are really worth it, but she’ll let it slide if they at least exceed expectations. Singing - she’s got a good voice, not that she’ll admit it. As confident as she is, that’s not something that she really does in front of people. She does it when she’s alone or thinks she is. The sass - she’s a master of comments that are really insulting, but sly enough that it takes a couple of seconds for people to even realize they’ve been insulted. Usually by that point, she’s already walked away by the time you realized it was an insult. She thinks it’s even more amusing if they aren’t smart enough to riddle it out and they don’t even realize they’ve been insulted. Fashion - she’d be pissed if I didn’t mention this. She has always been very good with clothes, and knowing what is in style and isn’t. She knows what looks good, and how to dress. It’s a bit harder to do now, but she still thinks she usually looks better than most of her other roommates that don’t even bother trying. Make-up - in a close second to clothes, she does really love makeup. Cosmetics charms too but her wand doesn’t do those anymore so… she makes do.
Weaknesses: She doesn’t think she has any of these, really. But as a perfectionist, sometimes she has problems letting go of something or leaving something unfinished if it’s not up to her standards. She’s not all that great at delegating something that she cares about for that reason, because she doesn’t trust anyone to do it right. Her family is an obvious one. After all, she was held captive at Hogwarts, her parents had no idea what happened, and then she was brought straight to her new home, and forced into her new job. She doesn’t know if they think she’s dead, or if the Death Eaters went to her house and killed them, or wiped their memories so they forgot they had a daughter at all. She misses them — she won’t admit it, but she does. Turning off the sass - look, it’s not the time for sass, and bullying, and passive aggressive comments and she realizes that but “It’s also not that easy to just pretend to be a nice person all of a sudden, okay? I’m not Mary freaking Poppins.”
Positive Personality Traits: Articulate, challenging, charismatic, selectively charming, clever, confident, previously glamorous though that's harder to maintain now, imaginative, independent, perceptive, perfectionist, persuasive, selectively playful
Negative Personality Traits: Aloof, ambitious, arrogant, conceited, deceitful, impatient, insensitive, moody, pretentious, self-indulgent, shallow, superficial, vindictive
Hobbies and Interests: In the past, she really enjoyed shopping, and make-up, and make-up charms once she learned about those. She liked spa days, and getting her nails done too. Honestly, her nails hadn't been anything other than perfect from her first manicure, up until now. Having to do manual labor doesn't keep her nails intact, unfortunately. She's got a pretty good singing voice actually, not that many people here much of that. Sasha thinks her most enjoyable hobby is amusing herself with other people, whether it's with passive aggressive comments, or insults that people don't realize are insults until she walks away. She's always thought that was rather fun, though admittedly it's a little harder to do that now and not get herself killed.

Character History:
“Well, let’s see. I was born to two Muggles, and as an Augustine. That name means something in the Muggle world, if only because my father’s entire family is pretty well off. I don’t know exactly what they do because it’s something that… honestly just isn’t all that interesting. I just know that they’re quite good at it, which is why they still have that money. That was always fine with me, because shopping is much easier when I didn’t have to worry about how much something cost, or anything silly like that.

My life was very Muggle, and boring, really. I knew how to keep myself entertained, but I suppose I always knew in some ways that I didn’t quite fit there the way I was supposed to. I had private tutors once I was old enough, and eventually went to school. I don’t know what it is about me, other than just generally being me, but people always sort of just wanted to be my friend. They tried pretty hard too, to get on my good side. It was always pretty fun.

Then everything changed once I got my Hogwarts letter. That was quite the unexpected turn of events. My parents hadn’t been sure what to make of it. Little unexpected things had always happened around me, but honestly my parents hadn’t witnessed much of it. I was either alone, or maybe a maid or a nanny noticed it and was spooked a little bit. I did always go through nannies and tutors pretty quickly. That might have had something to do with it.

Anyhow, I went off to Hogwarts, after some discussion. Not with me — the discussions had been between my parents, behind closed doors, but I always found out. The maids or other staff could always be convinced to tell me what I wanted to know if I had the right leverage… and that wasn’t too hard to get. Eventually, going to Hogwarts won out and I got to pack my things got someone to pack my things, and I was off.

I was sorted into Gryffindor, not that I knew much about what… any of those houses were. Slytherin might have been on the table, that much the hat had actually told me — if not for the fact that I was a Muggleborn. That was the first time I’d realized that something about me made others think I was lesser than them, in some ways. Not exactly a feeling I was used to. And clearly, I wasn’t about to let that happen.

There were always those that I wouldn’t bother with because of that, over the years. But I still amassed friends, boyfriends, people that wanted to be friends with me, just like I did when I was in Muggle school. Guess there was still something about me, despite apparently inferior blood. Things got a little crazy in the past couple of years. There was that fire, which was not my problem, but still was… a little alarming to witness, to be honest. Then little Adaline got attacked, and that other Potter boy whose name always manages to escape me. I didn’t pay much attention to the politics until I had to.

And now… well, now it’s my problem. The school went into lockdown after Bellamy. Honestly, I understand the need to wear a good dress as much as the next person but that dress was hideous and not worth getting maimed over. Honestly, I wouldn’t use it to fuel a bonfire, let alone wear it. But whatever, his battle to choose. I just felt personally victimized by that dress, and the fact that we were in lockdown afterwards practically because of it.

Then they started taking us. If I didn’t have @marisol, I don’t know what I would have done. She’s just about the only person I can stand throughout this. I know it’s not the time to be a bitch, but you can’t just really stop being a bitch, all right? Some people are just not suited to being nice. I think that I’d burst into flames or something. I’d much rather be nice to the people that deserve it, which is quite the small list nowadays — namely, Mari. And that’s just about it.

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters? "I think it's pretty obvious how I feel about this, wouldn't you say? Since I'm their slave labor."

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? Honestly, she didn't pay all that much attention to it. She didn't care about it, or bother much with politics. Sasha never thought there was much reason to learn more about it -- and she didn't really pay attention in History of Magic.

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? She wasn't. She wasn't born until after Voldemort fell -- and if her parents were affected, they didn't really realize it. Just some strange occurrences, that they didn't quite understand at the time.

Family
Parents: Noel Augustine (father) - 40, Hadley Augustine (mother) - 39
Siblings: -
Children: -
Partner: -
Other Relevant Family: -
Family History:
Noel Augustine was the son of wealth, from the very beginning. The Augustine family had never had to worry about money. In fact, as each generation passed, they just seemed to accumulate more of it. Whether that was through business dealings, or marriages, or whatever else, money was never a problem for the Augustines. He never wanted for anything, and he wasn’t used to not being able to get something that he wanted. Really, it was all usually quite easy for him.

But then he met Hadley Woods. Immediately, he wanted her, so as usual he turned on the charm, and expected to get his way. Expected that she’d be flattered by the attention and agree to the date right away. But she’d done the opposite. She’d been completely uninterested in him, and turned him down when he attempted to ask her out. Of course, that was something that Noel just wasn’t used to. No one ever said no to him, and he was intrigued. So he’d decided to pursue her.

When Hadley tells the story, she claims that she found him to be irritating from the very start, and that he finally just annoyed her so much that she agreed to go on a date with him. But really, they do care about each other. She just thought that he needed to be told no for once in his life, so that he had to actually try. And that’s exactly what he did. She did agree to that date eventually, and they ended up dating for a year and a half before he proposed. They had a decently long engagement, compared to some people anyway, but eventually got married in… quite the lavish ceremony. Nothing too over the top, but the Augustines don’t do anything small.

Eventually, they had one daughter. Sasha was spoiled rotten, of course, and they gave her everything that she ever wanted. They hadn’t known that there was anything odd about her… there were some strange occurrences, but they didn’t think much of them until her eleventh birthday. Then it all made sense. She was a witch. That had been a bit of a shock… and they honestly weren’t sure what to think of it. They still aren’t. The gap between them and their daughter has grown over the years because of that, as she’s apart of a world that they don’t understand. They love her, of course, but it’s just… different. And hard for them to understand. Even more so now.

Other: My bitchy little Muggleborn.

Morgan
A big clan of people that have taken over my head.

What is the status of this application?
Completed

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
No

How did you hear about Insurrection?
I don't have anything clever to say.

Play-By:
Freya Mavor

Roleplay Sample
"Nobody breaks my heart."

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Feb 21, 2018 23:57:21 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!