Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Mar 4, 2018 21:24:48 GMT -5

You know I have found, the word’s gone around

They all say my feet never do touch the ground
@thorfinn Outfit
She hated the Ministry at times. Not because of who the Minister was or anything (she liked that a woman was in power), or because of the politics. She had he opinions and so did the people in power, but she knew just as well that it was like this in the muggle world as well. Opposing ideals and ideas, people not liking who was in charge. She didn't mind any of it at all; it was the stupid confusing ways to get around. She had been sneezing and blindly followed someone off a lift while still in her fit, and before she knew it she had walked through who knew how many corridors. "Feck!" She said as she turned around again trying to follow the signs.

Teuila had been to lunch with her sister in law, Isolde again. It was a weekly thing that she was starting to want to keep going, her own sister did the same, and if Ernie ever had the time she would do the same thing for him. She liked having someone to talk to and despite being the wild child of the family, family still came first. She put her hands on her leather covered hips and sighed as she was obviously lost, but it was a voice behind her that pulled her attention. As she turned around, her long dark hair swung around her and the light scent of flowers and the ocean floated from her.

"Oh! Hello! Would you mind terribly helping me find my way? I'm terribly lost!"
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 3, 2018 11:53:09 GMT -5

If there existed such thing as happiness, Thor imagined he was pretty close to it. Of course it didn't so he liked to describe the current state of affairs as being... content. The girl would have a right laugh at him, because Natalya was terrible like that, but it was the truth. Whilst he did not believe in happiness, as a concept, things were as settled as they would ever be in his personal life, he had his brother back and politics didn't feel like everything would fall apart at any second. It was still his job to make sure they wouldn't be fighting outside their borders as well as inside but since the situation with the mudbloods had settled and people got used to it being the status quo in Britain, there were less headaches coming his way. Except for the French. They were always annoying. The good things that were happening - and wasn't that a novelty all in itself, good things in Thorfinn Rowle's life? - far outweighed the problems he had no choice but to deal with.

The day was surprisingly...tolerable, for now. Something would likely happen and sour his mood but, in general, Thor had decent changes of going home without being tempted to break someone's neck with his bare hands. He owed Nat dinner and probably shouldn't stop by Leander's place today - wouldn't want his brother to think he was clinging, of all things. Which he was but would never, not in a million years, admit. It would be fine, truly. He'd take the girl out for dinner, since secrecy and discretion went out of the window a few months ago and it had been all too juvenile anyway. He was old and everyone and their mother was aware of the state of his marriage anyway. What point was there in trying to pretend so hard for a thing no one would bat an eyelash? Bah, he'd rather not bother with appearances, especially since people had more interesting things to focus on these days.

He had been giving a few instructions to the Rookwood girl - she was related to Verena and the Icelandic delegate...somehow and Thor knew her father, which made her a very good choice indeed for the department in general - when someone called him. Well, not him. Someone. That ended up being him. Why.

Instead of questioning the strange turns of life, Thor looked up to the girl - and why was he suddenly surrounded by girls young enough to be his daughters? - and inhaled a lungful of something...flowery. Mordred, there was a reason Thor preferred the musky, wooden undertones of his brother's cologne and Nat's sensible choices in perfume. She was pretty, this girl, but then so were flower arrangements and Thor had never had any patient for them. "I can see that. This is the Department of International Magical Cooperation, restricted to staff and country representatives - both of which you are none, miss," Thor resisted the urge to sigh and waved Lady Rookwood away. "Where do you wish to go, miss?" Never let it be said that Thor couldn't be polite.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 29, 2018 21:22:59 GMT -5

What was life like as a Princess? So many girls grew up wanting to be one, wanting to wear the puffy dress and get the prince at the end. Teuila was not your typical princess by any means. She was the daughter of the leader of the tribe, it wasn’t like they were hosting balls or anything. They upheld family honor, maintained the village. He was basically a mayor but over a wider selection of people. They were spread far and wide now, but they always came home to their village when the time came. She missed it at times, the simplicity of her life when she was there, the way that things always had an order.; but no matter how much she liked that fact she would never be able to just accept someone telling her what to do.

She wasn’t a pureblood lady, she was a princess yes, but she was no one’s baby, and no one would ever put this baby in the corner. She did what she wanted, dressed how she wanted, and went where she wanted. She wasn’t going to accept anyone telling her what to do. Work was one thing, but this was her life, and she could make the decisions. Her father had taught her to be independant and now he was going to have to handle that. He was going to have to deal with how she lived her life, and he didn’t like that he would have to let her free. She knew it, and he knew it. So for now they were forever locked into a stalemate. They were stuck and going to see who broke first.

”I was having lunch with my sister in law, Isolde Cavanaugh and I must have gotten off on the wrong floor amongst the crowds. “ Being five feet tall in a sea of people whom she barely grazed their chests made life a little difficult at times, but she adjusted for the most part and was not above asking for help like this. She smiled at the man and nodded her head. ”I suppose that I am not in too far off a place of where I should be sooner or later. “ She held her hand out to him before bobbing a short curtsy. ”I’m Princess Teuila Mavia.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 9, 2018 12:19:38 GMT -5

Thor would dearly like to know, one of these days, the name of the deity that determined that he'd end up stumbling on girls young enough to be his daughters that insisted they needed either his help or his attention or both when all he wanted was peace. If he told the girl she'd laugh at him, of that he was very much sure, because she thrived in his misery and that was likely the reason why she even put up with him. If he told Sebastian...actually, Thor was pretty sure he should tell Seb and the older wizard would either commiserate with him or make fun of him - both options that don't sound all that terrible right now. Thor should owl him, set something up. They are both busy but surely not this much. S pint or a bottle of firewhisky with a friend must count as an emergency. If it didn't it would now.

Problem was, Thor couldn't react the way he'd have, some other time. His reaction to people that weren't Leander or his daughter or his friends was to pretend he didn't see them and walk away. He occasionally tolerated Vesper and her mother, he and El could spend silent moments in each other's company. Other people? Pretending they didn't exist was the kindest thing he could ever do for them. Except that, somehow, for some reason, being diplomatic was actually his job. His true, actual one, that would likely end with Andromeda Lestrange taking off his head if he caused a war because he didn't want to be polite. So here he was. Playing guide. Apparently. Because this was his life right now. Thor thought that he was being so good that he'd award himself with a visit to his brother later that day - breaking his impressive two days streak of absence. Maybe, just maybe, there was something wrong with him.

Instead of pondering too deeply on the many, many cracks and pitfalls of his fracture psyche, Thor tried for a mildly not threatening expression. It was hard, when a simple question was answered with someone's apparent entire life story but he managed. Barely. Isolde Cavanaugh, though. Was she not one of the Lady Minister's advisers, alongside Roma? Least the woman could have done was, you know, watch her guests. Alas. His eyebrow twitched minutely at the introduction, though on the inside he was dying. What was it with foreign royalty showing up in Britain like locusts in the Biblical plagues? First the Danish girl, then Verena's nephew and now this. That was not even counting Wentzell's sister and her brood. Fucking Morgana help him.

Thor took the offered hand and brushed a kiss on the back of it, nodding to acknowledge her curtsy. It was...pretty graceful, he had to admit - if only grudgingly and to himself. "Princess. Lord Thorfinn Rowle, Head of this department. And someone that did not know about any official visit of a royal," of fuck knew where, really. Thor knew everyone that was anyone in the international scenario and whilst the name did ring a bell, he couldn't quite place it. He wouldn't let her know that, of course. "Has the missive been lost, I wonder"