0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 20, 2018 20:36:24 GMT -5

Van Dario Parkinson
31 - Male - Pureblood - 08/04/1986

Bass Guitarist & Back Up Vocals of Weird Sisters II

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Everything about Van is wild, his hair, his beard, the look in his eyes. He is most definitely a wild child and it's begun to ooze out of every orifice of his body. His hair is dark, nearly black, and full of curls. He refuses to cut it so it's grown to just above his shoulders. Van also refuses to shave and reveal his baby face underneath, but he doesn't keep it very clean. It's overgrown, shaggy, or as he claims 'rugged'. He's not very tall, only about 5'9" but he isn't heartbroken about it. Van claims he looks taller on stage anyway. The one thing he is most proud of is his body. He keeps it pretty toned, mostly from running around the stage like a banshie, and loves to show it off.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Skills: Shredding Guitar, Partying, Being The Black Sheep, Having A Good Time, Wooing The Lassies, Pissing Donna Off, Ignoring Family Culture, Charms
Weaknesses: A Good Time, Groupies, Great Music, Free Drinks, Being Quiet, Giving A Shit About What Is Expected Of Him
Positive Personality Traits: Loyal, Hard Working, Free Spirited, Remorseful (When He Pisses Off Donna), Chatter Box (Is this good?), Fun Loving, Humerous
Negative Personality Traits: Loud, Abrasive, Rude, Self Righteous, Nit Picky, Arrogant, Obnoxious
Hobbies and Interests: Playing Guitar, Partying, Listening To Music, Ignoring Pureblood Ways, Bickering With Donna, Gift Giving, Having A Good Time
Character History:
Van was the third child born to Tara and Myles Parkinson, preceded by his sister @donna and Sierra, and followed by his brother Michael and little sister Kallisto. Growing up in a pureblood family the children were raised with a sense of duty and responsibility. They were to behave a certain way, and were taught what was expected of them. Not that Van ever followed any of that. His sisters before him conformed to their will, more so than he ever did, but Van could not. He would not. He was always a wild child, even as a small child. Van was the kid jumping from the upstairs banister onto the sofa during dinner parties, and if it hadn't been for his Mother's golden heart his father might have dropped him on the side of the road somewhere long, long ago.

They had held on to the hope that Hogwarts would straighten him out. His family had a history of being sorted into Slytherin, a house with great pride and lineage. Certainly they would guide him to the life they wanted for their eldest son. It was a surprise to everyone when the hat sorted him into Hufflepuff, he swore that Sierra and Donna were going to faint when they heard it call out his house. All he could do was grin. He was happy to be different, and to follow a different path than his family had expected of him. He hated to think of how boorish his life would be following in those footsteps.

During his time at Hogwarts he never really got into sports, and he was never a big fan of going to class. He had much more fun to skip, go to Hogsmeade and listen to the latest muggle bands on his walkman. His walkman, ha, ok, so he took it from a muggleborn kid, so sue him. Either way he was obsessed with music, and pissing off his father with his 'muggle' obsession. Van was supposed to be this death eater purist type, but he just couldn't be. Not when they had tunes like that.

He finally graduated, but barely, and as soon as he could he moved out from under his parents thumb. Van lived in a Van, the Van Van if you will, and joined a muggle band. It didn't last long, the muggle scene quickly became a bore and he found himself missing the wizarding world much more than he had anticipated. So he moved back and tried to scrounge up a new set of band mates.

Years went on and he could never seem to stay hired very long, something to do with his personality. He didn't mesh well with others, or some bullshit excuse like that. So he decided to enroll at Lufkin University to study music, if he couldn't play professionally he figured he could become a producer or sorts. While enrolled there he met up with an old family friend, @duke , and found that they were both interested in the same thing. So, Van joined his band, quit school and never looked back.

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters? "Fabulous. I'm sure it's all they talk about at the family dinners that I don't go to. Listen, mate, I really don't give a single shite about who's in the Ministry. Anarchy in the UK!"

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? "It was the worst. We were all so nervous at the time, any moment we were expecting a barge in at dinner and to be scooped up. Never happened, thank Merlin... Though that would make a killer song."

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? "My father was quite disturbed by it, I recall this much. He was a death eater, so it probably wasn't easy to lose such an influential leader. Ask me that bloke was asking for it, who takes on the Boy Who Lived anyway? Just accept you screwed up, move on, for Pete's sake!"

Family
Parents:
Tara Parkinson - Mother - 62 
Myles Parkinson - Father - Deceased
Siblings:
@donna  - Sister - 37
Sierra (Parkinson) Dolohov - Sister - 35
Michael Parkinson - Brother - 26
Kallisto Parkinson - Sister(Actually His Niece) - 19
Children: Ha, no thank you.
Partner: Music
Other Relevant Family: 
Cousins:
Romilda Vane
@fernando
@pansy
@lincoln
Nieces/Nephews:
Alexandria Dolohov - Niece - 15
Ikor Dolohov - Nephew - 11
Miriavetta Dolohov - Niece - 9
Other:
Lassider Dolohov - Brother-In-Law
Uncle Micah

Family History:
Myles Parkinson and Tara Vane were betrothed before they could even walk, and by the grace of God they found happiness in their arrangement. The two were friends in school, slowly falling in love before their marriage took place. It was not uncommon for marriages of this sort to result in happiness, but their love existed before the I Do's and long after. Quite romantic, really. Right after graduation, and the vows, Myles took the dark mark and from there on served the cause.

The two had many children: Donna, Sierra, Van and Michael. They even went as far as to take in one of Tara's nephews, treating the child as their own. They raised the children in purist fashion, emphasising duty and expectations. All of their children attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as was to be expected. When their eldest daughter fell pregnant at the age of seventeen Tara faked the pregnancy as her own and took the illigitamate daughter as her own, not revelating the secret to anyone, including her own children.

At the peak of Minister Durant's insanity, Myles was taken into a Death Eater work camp where he suffered miserable conditions. He nearly died on many occasions, and the camp nearly broke him in his old age. Tara took it upon herself to step up and take care of her family, being everything to everyone and not letting the tragic happenings deface their family. Soon enough the Death Eater's struck back and Myles was able to return to his family, proud and feeling on top of the world.

He did not live much longer, passing away the following November. Before he passed he revoked Van of any inheritance, giving his younger brother Michael the title instead. As upsetting as it was at first, Van was relieved to know that he did not have to bend to his family's standards and could instead remain a free spirit.

Other:

Mya
@jesse @kristina

What is the status of this application?
Complete

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
;D

Play-By:
Kit Harington

Roleplay Sample
Words.

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 20, 2018 21:25:32 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Pending!

Hey! So small, but you mention him having a walkman at Hogwarts and electronics don’t work at Hogwarts!

Also, what year did he start Lufkin so I can put him on the Student or Alumni roster — unless he dropped out, then just let me know that too heheh!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 20, 2018 21:28:46 GMT -5

I changed Hogwarts to Hogsmeade and added in that he dropped out of college XD
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 20, 2018 21:30:48 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!