0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 22, 2018 23:04:28 GMT -5

Elijah Alrest
27 - Male - Halfblood - 12/02/1990

Auror

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Elijah is very tall, 6'3" to be exact, and his body looks well proportioned to his height. There was one point where he had looked quite scrawny, but not anymore. He has black hair, which he keeps trimmed short on the sides and long on the top. Elijah has a beard but he keeps it well maintained, it is also black as are his brows. He has deep brown eyes and honey colored skin.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Skills: Spell Casting, Accuracy, Survival
Weaknesses: Depression, Angst, Cara's Sweet Self, Lack Of Family
Positive Personality Traits: Thoughtful, Trustworthy, Kind, Driven, Dedicated, Hard Working, Friendly, Creative, Resilient, Decisive
Negative Personality Traits: Depressed At Times, Anxious, Insecure, Oppinionated
Hobbies and Interests: Spending Time With Cara, Drinks With Friends, Napping, Cooking,
Character History:
Elijah's parents were arrested when he was seven years old. He was sent to live in foster care after, where he quickly distanced himself from the other children. He believed that his parents would be coming back for him and often ran away to try and find them to no avail. As the years went on he slowly began to give up hope that his parents would return, and it broke his heart.

In 2002 he was invited to Hogwarts where he was sorted into Slytherin. He did well in school but slowly began to become more and more depressed a the years went on. He found the only thing that seemed to help him with his depression was to swamp himself in coursework. He kept busy and graduated with high marks in 2009.

He had interned at the Ministry during his last few years at school and found that he had a desire to become an auror. He enlisted to become one right after graduation and three years later was finally hired on. In 2014 a co-worker of his introduced him to Cara, who is now the love of his life.

The two met through Ettie at a bar where she had been reading a book, and he found it strange and intriguing. The night ended with a kiss on the cheek and his wanting to see her again. Over the course of the year the two began dating and became very close. He was beginning to think of ways to propose to her.

Elijah had been looking for information on his own parents when he had found Cara's biological parent's information. He thought that surprising her with them might be a great way to segway into his proposal. Elijah was to meet the two at Flourish and Blott's the day of the attacks on Diagon Alley. Lucinda had come to meet him outside right as the building exploded. If it hadn't been for his large frame blocking the door she may very well have been injured.

He wasn't so lucky. Catching a brick to the head brought him down and before blacking out on the debris filled streets he could only remember grabbing for his wand. He spent three months in a coma at Saint Mungo's. Though he had no exact memories from this time, he swears he can recall hearing the soft lull of Cara's voice as she was reading him the papers every day.

Once he awoke from the coma the recovery process was slow and hard, but he worked to restore himself. He eventually was able to return back as an Auror, even though the Ministry had been overtaken. He has been working there ever since.

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters? "I've still got my job, so I should be happy I suppose. I know Cara is worried for her family, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my own qualms about it."

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? "It was horrible and unjust. I hated working for Durant that last year, but we do what we must. I think my new co-workers understand that. At least, I hope they do..."

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? "My parents were wrapped up in all of that, and because of that I grew up in foster care."

Family
Parents: He Doesn't Remember Exactly
Siblings: None
Children: None
Partner: Cara Harmon
Other Relevant Family: None
Family History:
Elijah was born into a madness he was much too young to understand. There was a war on the horizon, and his parents were soliders in it. His mother was a muggle, roped into the wizarding world by his father. She had always wanted to believe that magic was real and he showed her a world muggles had never experienced. She was willing to do whatever he asked to stay with him in this wonderful new world. Even if that meant helping him to aid the Dark Lord. His father was devoted to the cause and did whatever was asked of him and his mother did whatever he asked of her. She never took the dark mark, of course, and never met the Dark Lord herself. She worked quietly from the shadows, not able to be of much help without any magic.

As the war was beginning to come to a head Elijah's mother and father were arrested and Elijah was put into foster care at the age of seven. The reports read that his father was arrested for "improper use of magic" and his mother was an accessory to his crimes. At his young age it seemed like such a petty thing to be taken away from his parents for, but the severity must have been much greater than he knew. He never saw them again.

Other: He suffers from depression. He is so totally in love with Cara and he's working on getting the timing right to ask her to marry him!

Mya
@jesse @kristina @van @thomas

What is the status of this application?
Completed

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
XD

Play-By:
Rahul Kohli

Roleplay Sample
:D

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 23, 2018 0:41:22 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Pending!

Hey so with a birthday after the first of September, he would actually start in 2002, not 2001! If you want him to start in 2001, just change his birthday to before the first of September in 1990, or you could change his birthday to 12/02/1989 and change his age to 28, and then he’d start in 2001 too! Make sure you adjust his graduation year accordingly to what you decide!

Also just a small bit, but I don’t really think that Voldemort would have a reason to have a Muggle helping him with anything! If you can expand on what they did so I can understand that better, that would be great, or you can think of another reason for them to be arrested! :D
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Apr 23, 2018 19:31:51 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted!