played by Steph
"Terrible. Great. They're descriptors, and one doesn't negate the other."
options

Post by Galenia Ollivander Álvarez on Jun 23, 2018 19:25:06 GMT -5

Looks like nothin's gonna change
Everything seems to stay the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same
It was the bright, high summer months, where the sun was unrelenting as it might be in this damp corner of the world, and children played outside.

Well. Mostly. There were still children wrapped in bondage, under some non-excuse for naked bigotry. It was strange, still. She'd been in France the last time, the Ollivander clan in hiding after Garrick had been kidnapped from the shop. As far as Galenia was aware, the two years spent away was the only time the shop had not been occupied, be it stall or store. Since then, she'd tried to leave the store as little as possible. Her weddings and honeymoon had been a nightmare, really. 

But they were here again, here to stay, and crafting wands was what Galenia needed to do. There still children who came, children who needed her, adults and teenagers who were half-fearful they'd not find another wand to match them. It always made her day to show them their doubts were unfounded.

The door swung open, the bells ringing, and Galenia glanced up expectantly. "Welcome to Ollivanders."
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 25, 2018 14:00:43 GMT -5

Sometimes she really didn't wanna spend time with her brother. He was a pain and while she loved him it was generally easier to punch him and get in trouble than get along with him. It wasn't her fault that her mother had taught her that as primary conflict resolution. Some would think that Tracey, being a Slytherin, would've had better tactics. Maeve thought that she did, she just didn't think that Maeve's Puff attitude would allow her to manage it. Maeve didn't know if that was true or not, she only knew that punching was easier. Now she had Mal to handle the talking for her, only Mal had gone off somewhere with her parents for the summer. She had decided to come back for next year, though, which was great. Maeve was grateful for it, because she really didn't have all that many friends at school and she'd gotten used to Mal being there. Like a third arm. Or maybe a second head. Something like that.

The only other friend she really had at school now was Gian, who hadn't been at school before. He'd been home schooled, which was kinda cool. Definitely more fun if it meant him only being around his cousins and such. The Ollivander clan was fun and she and Mal had been allowed to join in sometimes because of him. It was nice. So now that Mal was gone and she was this close from locking Mason up in the broom closet for being annoying, she'd decided to go visit him. Had to get permission from her mum to floo to Diagon Alley and everything, but hey. She was here. Hopefully, he would be too. She didn't know if she could floo to his place but he'd told her he liked to spend time at the shop in the summers. So she thought there was really no harm in trying, right? If he wasn't there, she'd go get ice cream or something.

Stepping into the shop, though, she was greeted by someone else with no teenagers in sight. Okay, she knew the other Ollivanders at school. Gerry and Gio and Graciana, Gab and Gian and Terry and Guille. It was weird that they had such a mix of Italian and Spanish names, Mal said, but they didn't comment on it. Neither did they comment on the G trend they had going on. Freaky, but whatever. This was a grown up, though, so maybe she was an Ollivander too? "Uhm, hi. I'm looking for Gian? He said he was here often during the summers."
Galenia Ollivander Álvarez
Galenia Ollivander Álvarez Avatar
Homeschooled
47 posts
42 years old
Owner of Ollivanders
Wandmaker
Shop Worker
played by Steph
"Terrible. Great. They're descriptors, and one doesn't negate the other."
options

Post by Galenia Ollivander Álvarez on Aug 31, 2018 14:41:48 GMT -5

[googlefont=Roboto:400][googlefont=Julius Sans One:400]
Dock of the Bay
LOOKS LIKE NOTHIN'S GONNA CHANGE
EVERYTHING SEEMS TO STAY THE SAME
I CAN'T DO WHAT TEN PEOPLE TELL ME TO DO
SO I GUESS I'LL REMAIN THE SAME

She half-recognized the girl in front of her-- a Weasley, the red hair and freckles said as much. She'd seen the face sometimes, though she wasn't the wandmaker who had sold the wand to the kid. Judging by assumed years, it wouldn't have been more than four years ago, and that narrowed down the pool of candidates very little. There were few wandmakers in the family who hadn't been wandmakers at the time-- only Gaius, she thought, but Gaius had only been twenty-two at the time, with only five years of official experience. Likely her father, grandfather, cousin Gerhardina, or even Ophelia. Hopefully soon she'd be able to include Gael in that number, but Galenia didn't push for it. If Gael grew very successful on her island, Galenia would be overjoyed. If not, she'd hope Gael continued to like the quiet.

Gian, yes. Her nephew was a cheerful, casual boy who liked to tease his older sister that his hair was prettier. He'd expressed little desire to be a wandmaker, though boys did often like to surprise people, and that wasn't counted out. He'd made a fair amount of friends at Hogwarts, and looked forward to going back, even as some disagreed. His friends-- she struggled to remember their names. He'd made friends, she remembered. They'd talked about it over dinner, but Galenia had been leaving to use the restroom, and hadn't been able to make out their names.

"Gian's out back, entertaining himself with trying to force cobblestones to fly." That was what he had told her last, and she'd resigned her that that was rather unlikely that he was really trying wandless magic. Likely it was some other type of mischief-- but kids would be kids, and she was within screaming distance. "Supposedly, at least. I'm sure he would love a friend to see and run around the Alley with. Would you like a check-up of your wand as you do so, or simply came here for him?"

@maeve ,337 words
fai
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 28, 2018 7:29:19 GMT -5

"Looks lik nothing will change"
Maeve didn't have many friends, she would be the first to admit that. It didn't really make much of a difference, she thought that most people were too dramatic and boring. Made too much of a big deal out of themselves, there was no point to any of it. She couldn't enjoy spending time with someone who was too busy thinking about what other people thought of them instead of thinking about... something worthwhile. No, she wouldn't do that. It was why she had very few friends, but the ones that she did have, she loved spending time with. Like Gian, Tamara, Maya. Malena. They were all Ravenclaws, somehow. Maeve was a strange Hufflepuff, most of the other kids in her dorm were such pushovers. Too nice, too sweet. The kind of Hufflepuff that got so many stereotypes made about them. She didn't get them and they didn't get her and that was fine by all of them. Maeve was fine with her few friends and that was how things would remain.

"Cobblestones? Nerd." Maeve snorted, but not in a bad way. Teasing, fond. The kind of teasing that would help him toughen up. Tough love, Mal called it. Yeah, Gian was a bit of nerd, but that was okay. He was just used to being surrounded by his own people for too long, that wouldn't do him any favours in the end. She supposed that them going to Hogwarts must have given them a shock, having to interact with new kids for once. All the Ollivanders were nice, though, she liked them. Maybe next year they would be able to be homeschooled again, that would be a pity. Well, they might like that better but Maeve would miss them. At least Mal had decided to stay, that was a relief. "A check up?"

Maeve looked down at her own wand. Did these things need check ups? She didn't know that. She didn't really wanna leave her wand behind, mum said that she should always know where it was. But then- "Uhm, can you do one and I wait? I'll get him after that."

outfit link
@ gal