Criminal
played by Steph
"everybody knows the fight was fixed"
options

Post by Ilana Rose Goldstein on Jul 9, 2018 20:05:39 GMT -5

NO ONE FREELY GIVES UP POWER
WE ALONE CAN TAKE WHAT'S OURS
Ilana's apartment | @bryce
"You're living with me." Her lips pressed together in distaste. She'd been a fool, not to have forced him into this earlier. "Bit shite, but it's a decent place, really."

She stood over him, arms braced. "This isn't going to be some kind of fake apology talk, since you know I don't regret it. And it's important, so don't tune me out, or I'm kicking you out." She'd never been good at speaking well and nice, for all of the younger siblings, cousins, and if she'd ever been a prefect who knew how, it was long forgotten. She could play nice with customers and contacts, but Bryce was strictly speaking, neither at this time. Half a kid, shit luck all his life, and he'd hate it if she ever felt inclined to pity.

"You live with me, you can guess some of the other things I do, and that makes you dangerous to me. So," the breath was held, because she'd never liked sharing this part, really. "I'm going to teach you Occluemcy. It'll make you stand out more when you're weaker, but it's important you learn for what we do. I've a master Legilmens on easy hand to use." She waited, held out a hand. "You won't be able to keep her out, ever. I don't think there's a more powerful Legilmens in Europe. And so, you're going to learn."

She trained still, every week or so when she could. Pushed her mind, fought with nothing and blankness, stillness and the void. She'd never hide, never be successful in it with Queenie, but she'd hold her own against others. Queenie could protect her own mind, and so all she needed was for the minds that worked with her to be secure.

"It's part of the rent, let's say." She cast an eye at her partially-melted stove. How she'd done that, she still wasn't quite sure. Good night, must have been. "You've got the time, I know. And this is also something you're not telling your gang."