Counting Stars | Maggie, Dario (and friends?) (SURPRISE)

Helenus Caolán Fawley
Helenus Caolán Fawley Avatar
Ravenclaw
52 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Ravenclaw
played by Steph
"And they said: I wish that I could be like the cool kids"
options

Post by Helenus Caolán Fawley on Oct 16, 2018 1:08:54 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","tits"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title1"]Counting Stars
[attr="class","subtitle1"] old, but I'm not that old
Young, but I'm not that bold
And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told
[attr="class","wordz"]

Attempt Trí was successful! at last. Third time was the charm! It had taken. . .most of the day for Hels to actually get there. He'd interrupted himself a few times, but it was finally just after dinner, and this was happening. The pumpkin patch at last, because they should start prepping for Hallowe'en Night, even if it wasn't exactly Samhain they were planning to prep for, for all that it would still be observed. At least for him and some others.

But busywork was important, and finding pumpkins-- exploring the pumpkin patches and having fun with it was certainly busywork. And they all needed that, especially with sick family heavy in their minds. Pumpkin patches weren't exactly something Hels had a lot of familiarity with, but Hogwarts pumpkins were enormous. He wasn't a Herbology prodigy, but it was interesting to make bets on which would grow the largest, to try to find the ones they'd eventually pick, so on and such forth.

And what were friends for, expect to help each other? Someone to lean on, someone to help make things fun for. He cast a look back at his friends, a smile lifting up the corners of his mouth. "I've been trying to do this all day! I'm glad you agreed." His foot hit what was either a particularly hard pumpkin or a buried stone, and Hels flinched, resisting the urge to hop on the other foot, shake off the pain. "Ow, shite. I'm fine!"

He glanced around, trying to figure if it was too dark. No, that was part of the pun, wasn't it? As long as they didn't go too far out, that was. Or didn't stay too far out, but he was sure they'd be back before then. He liked the dark, but practicality was also important. A quick Lumos lit his wand with some reluctance, and Hels squinted for a second, his eyes adjusting to the light. His toes still throbbed some, but the crisp night air felt good on his face. Being outdoors, smelling nature and manure and the smell of growing things. What a wordsmith he was. He was sure there was a word for that. Someone would know, someone better than him.

"I know it's dark, but the funner things happen at dark! And see, if we send up sparks, they'll be more visible." That, he felt, only made it seem like he was scared. Which he really wasn't, honestly. He turned, the grey shapes of the pumpkins turning bright oranges as his wandlight fell on them. Oh, they were beautiful. Solid and large, and the smallest large enough for a First year to cram themself into. Ali, maybe-- his younger brother was really pretty small. "Can you imagine how big they'll be? I mean, we'll probably be able to tell which are the ones mostly for the school, and the ones we can use, right?"

A grin lit his face. "Quick challenge-- let's see who can find the largest first? Or smallest first?"

[attr="class","tags1"]☆ @magdalene, @dario, @whoever feels like joining, 8:00PM, WORDS ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai

[newclass=".tits"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title1"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#a0522d;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle1"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#a0522d;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz b"]color:#a0522d;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags1"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2018 20:00:42 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]Seek it out and ye shall find
[attr="class","cscriptpuff"]the old, but i'm not that old
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]Young, but I'm not that bold[break]
And I don't think the world is sold

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]Maggie loved this time of year. She always had. Back in Killarney, it had been just as beautiful during the autumn, but at Hogwarts it was… just something else entirely. The leaves started to change, there was a crispness in the air, and she just loved it. It put her at ease and she thought that she could use that.
[break][break]
After all, it was hard not to worry about what was happening outside of the castle. The epidemic, the state of emergency—they weren’t entirely unimpacted by it in the castle. Most of the staff was sick and that had made classes strange to say the least, and she knew that there were even a couple of students that had gotten sick too. That had been scary. She had started to wonder if that meant that all of them were going to get sick, but that hadn’t happened.
[break][break]
It still could, she supposed. She had no idea who was susceptible and who wasn’t; but for now, she was trying not to worry about it more than she already was. Her parents were sick, her sister was sick, and it was hard to know that while being so far away from them. But they had been writing her owls and keeping her updated, and that made her feel a bit better.
[break][break]
Maggie knew that Dario was worried too, and he had plenty to be worried about. Not just his family getting sick, but also the fact that his father was in charge of the hospital. That meant that a lot of this fell on him. He had to be incredibly busy and stressed out, and she knew that Dario had to be worried about that.
[break][break]
So, she thought that they could all use this. Something fun and distracting. It made it easy for her to agree when Hels had suggested coming down to the school’s pumpkin patch to take a look at them. “Of course. You say pumpkins and I’m there,” she said, with a small smile, glancing over at Dario in amusement. Helenus seemed excited about this—which was good. Funny, but still good.
[break][break]
When he ran into something and, she paused for a moment, wondering if they should do something about the light or lack thereof. She didn’t fancy tripping over a pumpkin. That would just be embarrassing and she had not been dating Dario long enough to not be mortified that he witnessed her toppling over a pumpkin. “Maybe we should—” But even as she spoke, Helenus was lighting his wand with a Lumos. Much better.
[break][break]
Maggie continued following after Helenus with Dario by her side, squinting ever so slightly to try to adjust further to the dark. Hel’s wand only did so much, and she had no plans of tripping over anything. Finally, they came to a stop. “Smallest. Biggest is too easy.” The smallest one would be hiding, and not nearly as obvious as the massive ones, so it would be far more challenging.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]499 ● @ hels and dario ● outfit
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.cbg]width:400px;background:#262626;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbgtop]width:400px;height:120px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptpuff]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#e6e5a1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptpuff span]color:#ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cline]height:1px;background-color:#888;margin:3px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]