played by Steph
"I'm trying to keep up above in my head, instead of going under"
options

Post by Carin(a) Rowan Flint on Jan 22, 2019 20:40:38 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","stephtable"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title-carin"]Trip A Little Light Fantastic
[attr="class","subtitle-carin"]So when life is getting scary, be your own illuminary
Who can shine the light for all the world to see
As you trip a little light fantastic with me
[attr="class","wordz-carin"]

"All right." Carin gave a large grin, their hands spreading out. They'd wanted to go to the Gryffindor weapons room Lizzy had shown but, but that was occupied and so was the balcony they liked to climb. Besides, freehand climbing was a lot different than tree climbing, and they needed to get Henry and Lizzy to a better level of confidence. After all, you couldn't always rely on sticky trainers. You might be jinxed to lose a foot, for example. Or the shoe might break. Or get stuck. And foot cramps were a lot worse in Sticky Trainers and cramps were a thing that were supposed to come with puberty eventually. So that would impact Lizzy more and Henry might get growing pains so it was best to climb more and climb better when they were younger and small enough. 

Confidence in their bodies would only make climbing the Willow easier. But it was too cold out today and the stones too slippery to climb right now. Besides, Carin had been caught too recently hanging from a balcony. So they needed to climb low, and it was best to figure out games plans to better prepare. For everything. Atha and Nick had been wrapped up in each other, so there was no chance of annoying big brothers interrupting them, and they'd snagged the prefect patrol schedule from one of the new Slytherin prefects. It hadn't been too hard, they'd just prodded Kamil into bullying them and then when it was being broken up, pretended to fall.

"So these are where they're gonna be--" They jabbed their fingers on Lizzy's rough map of the school. "So I think these few areas should be free for us to practice on." They gave a frown. "But professors, which we can't account for. Though we should figure out what we're going to try for. I know it's a distraction, but I really think this will help us in the long run for us to practice our climbing skills, especially once we get to bouldering. It'll help with our core as the tree swings us around. Where do you think we should practice our climbing?"
[attr="class","tags1"]☆ , @lizzy 360 words ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai
[newclass=".stephtable"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title-carin"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#7fff00;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle-carin"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#7fff00;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-carin"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-carin b"]color:#7fff00;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags1"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Henry James Blanchet
Henry James Blanchet Avatar
Hufflepuff
143 posts
13 years old
3rd Year
Hufflepuff
played by Eve
""
options

Post by Henry James Blanchet on Feb 25, 2019 16:46:44 GMT -5

Little Light Fantastic
This year, their preparations would be better. They had failed once, but now they knew better what they had to look out for. And they were a year more experienced. Plus more organized. He tapped his finger against his chin, memorizing the places without prefects as Carin pointed them out. They would have to change places a couple of times to practice extensively, and they might very well run into one or the other prefect. Luckily, they looked innocent enough. As long as they weren’t caught by Nick, he was confident they wouldn’t be suspected of anything stupid. Not like they were doing something stupid. They were training. They had a serious project. He had told so Nick a couple of times and given a lot of reasons. They were being very sensible; it was a little depressing that his friends’ brothers, who were so wonderful in every other respect, didn’t want to see the simple truth. They might only be twelve, but there were three of them, and thirty-six years of experience were more than Nick and Atha had together. That had to count for something. If they had just ran to the willow and thrown themselves on the tree, then he might see the point, but they were doing the exact opposite. They were carefully planning.

“Maybe we should get a frisbee,” he said thoughtfully, thinking of the places that he had suggested in advance only for Carin showing him the patrol schedule. Prefects were usually such helpful people, it was always a bit of a blow to see a plan thwarted by them. “We could throw it where we want to climb, and if we’re caught we can say we only wanted to get it back. Summoning Charms are… fourth year level I think, so it’s not like we’d have a choice.” Not that it would help them if they didn't know where to begin. Carin certainly was right, just how to put it into practice... “Should we start with training balancing?” he suggested once they had finished speaking. It wasn’t the most exciting thing to do, but it was a very innocent activity if a teacher caught them. “It wouldn’t help with the swinging-around-part, but it might come in handy.” He looked down the gallery for orientation. “We’re not too far from the bridge,” he pointed out. “I always wanted to get on its roof. Or if you’re okay with getting dirty, we could climb around in the owlery. I think the perches would support our weight.”
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 1, 2019 16:42:31 GMT -5

[googlefont="Lekton"][googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]
[attr="class","nugget"]
[attr="class","mirrormirror"]
[attr="class","nuggettitle"]little light
[attr="class","nuggetsubtitle"]fantastic
[attr="class","nuggetwords"]They were together again, like normal. All three of the Musketeers, trying to succeed in things that were nearly impossible. Climbing the Willow was something that they failed at last year, but this year... She knew that they were going to get better at it. They were going to finally make it to the top. When Carin and Henry looked at the map, she looked around the armory restlessly. "I heard," Lizzy interrupted, her lips pulled into a grin. "That someone once made a map of Hogwarts that had everyone's locations on it. Do you think that's a real thing?" She didn't know for sure; it almost seemed like a myth that some of the older students had passed around. It truly couldn't work like that. Not as far as Lizzy knew. It had to have been an over elaborate piece of Charms, and nobody in Hogwarts could have been able to do that. She didn't even think that her brother would succeed with something like that, and she knew how good he was at school. It honestly had to have been a myth, but, like any other second year with a bit of willpower, Lizzy was willing to stake a claim on it being possible.

Maybe she ought to pay more attention in class to see if she could create something like that herself. Well, maybe she should figure out if it was a myth first. There was no use chasing after legends that couldn't quite exist-- like the Elder Wand! It was kind of useless to try to spend your life searching for things that couldn't happen. So she was planning on seeing if this one was even plausible, much like climbing the Willow. And if it was something that they could do (even if they outsourced), Lizzy was planning on making sure that they could do it. Keeping that thought in her mind, she knelt down to study the map with a serious look. It needed more detail. She wanted to be able to plot down the prefect schedules-- and thank goodness for Carin, making sure to find them. "I wish we had the teacher schedules as well." It was a pitiful lament, especially since she doubted they could ever get access to it. Prefects were easy. But teachers, they didn't let themselves get manipulated by younger students. They would certainly take off some points if they found out that they were trying to take advantage of schedules.

When planning where to climb, Lizzy always tried to think of the seventeen different details that could help them. Well, not specifically seventeen, but as many as she could come up with. First, she liked to think of if it was just dangerous enough to be fun, but not damaging-- Nick, although still on her list of disliked people, really didn't have to deal with visiting her in the hospital wing. Besides, they wanted to make it to the end of the year. The bridge? She thought it was too dangerous without being able to successfully levitating each other. But the Owlery was probably just around perfect. "I vote for the Owlery. I don't mind getting dirty, and I don't wanna fall off the bridge."

[attr="class","nuggetnotes"]536 - & - wow so late but heeere

[newclass=".nugget"]background-color:black;width:380px;padding:15px;cursor:crosshair;height:650px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mirrormirror"]width:100px;height:100px;padding:12px;border:1px solid #ca4545;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggettitle"]font-size:25px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:320px;padding:10px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;text-style:strong;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetsubtitle"]font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:310px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ca4545;font-style:strong;padding:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords"]font-size:10px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;line-height:15px;height:350px;overflow:auto;width:320px;color:white;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords b"]font-size:11px;color:#ca4545;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background:black[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#ca4545;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetnotes"]font-family:Lekton;font-size:10px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;color:#ca4545;[/newclass]