CEO of Stroud Magical Holdings
Smuggler
Ministry
played by Eve
""
options

Post by Watson Stroud on Feb 26, 2019 16:50:12 GMT -5

My dear little girl,

Happy eighteenth birthday. There is a lot coming up for you in this new year of your life. I trust you’re studying assiduously for your NEWTs so that you will be accepted into the Archaeology program of Lufkin. But you were always a good student. I trust that you do the best to make your parents proud. Don’t let yourself be distracted by any irrational fears. Your mother is enjoying the best of health and couldn’t be in a better mood, and though my loss of magic is still painful, I do not complain. It is a horrible state I’m in. Everything stays dirty until your mother decides to clean a bit. There are ink stains all over my desk, it’s horrifying. If they don’t find a cure soon, I don’t know how I can bear this existence.

Do you like your present. It’s a facsimile of the 15th century map of Asia Minor, as you might have already guessed. It was very expensive ordering it from Greece, but what wouldn’t I do your you, my darling, you are invaluable.

Spend your day the best way possible. Mum sends a lot of love. And tell Arthur that it would be appreciated if he’d for once answer my letters with something else but co-signing yours.

Love,
Mum and Dad

He made Roz sign too.
Violet Gertrude Stroud
Violet Gertrude Stroud Avatar
Hufflepuff
53 posts
18 years old
First Year Archaeology Student at Lufkin University
Curse-Breaking Apprentice
University Student
played by Steph
"You're weak but not giving in To the cries and the wails of the valley below"
options

Post by Violet Gertrude Stroud on Mar 10, 2019 22:07:36 GMT -5

February 26th
Hey Mum, hey Dad

Thanks for the map, really. I love it, and I've hung it up. And talked to my dormmates about it, but they told me they weren't all too interested. Arthur pretends to pay attention better, at least. Clio definitely does. Thank you for the gift, Dad. I wish I could find something as good for your birthday.

I'm not feeling too well, and neither is Arthur. Allergies, maybe. Hopefully. Or just season-changing things. You know that always makes my head woozy. But people haven't gotten sick in Hogwarts since September, so we're probably good. Either way, the Archaeology program doesn't require magic, at least. So maybe I'll be lucky if I catch it too. After graduation, I mean. The dean hasn't started expelling students from that program yet, has he?

I'm studying hard. Trying to, at least. I think I'll do better than I did on the OWLs, not that that's hard. I don't see myself having another breakdown, at least not yet. Not unless there's another takeover, or more happens, or I find out that Maita and Artemisia are hurt or dead. I don't think circumstances will all pile on me like they did before. Maybe, hopefully at least. Either way, if that doesn't happen, is Mum able to help me find someone to apprentice under? Would that work? I know I asked this summer. . .

Mum, I've stopped outbursting about you in class. That's something, right? It counts for a little?
Dad, I'll see what I can do. School's really stepped up with him, and he's gotten busier. Friends and such.

Love,
Vi