"Country boy will survive"
options

Post by Jaxon Jameson Cole on Mar 18, 2019 11:41:53 GMT -5

The way I talk
I sounds a little bit like my daddy
I don't cuss around my mama
Got some words you've never heard
'Less you come from down yonder

Jaxon had kept Renny over the weekend. He wished he could keep him more, but the time they had was better than no time at all. The seeker had really changed his life since he found out about his son...and since he started seeing Contessa. The absence of secrets between them was an incredible relief. He did not have to fear hurting her or turning her, because she was already like him.

The only one he had to worry about keeping safe was Renny. And with them living apart that was pretty easy to do. Jaxon just had to stay away during the full moon.  He ran out on his land with his wolves and the only things that got hurt were the wild things that lived in those woods. It was good. 

But he still needed to tell Aphrodite. She deserved to know. She was letting her son---their son---stay with him. Jaxon just had not found the right words. He had tried to start the conversation, but it was a difficult confession to make. Especially if it meant the woman was going to take his son away. He'd only been in Renny's life for six months now. He didn't want to be kicked out. He loved the boy. 

Jaxon made excuses to himself as to why he had not told her yet, but as their son ran off to go play with his toys and Affy asked him about keeping Renny on Wednesday, he considered just saying no. But he couldn't. He couldn't let Affy think that anything in his life was more important than spending time with his son. He had ruined things with Oriel due to misunderstandings over the full moon. He had learned from that mistake. He was not going to wait until too late to be honest. 

"I would love to, really I would. Ain't nothin' that beats spendin' time with my little man," Jaxon drawled out his answer. His head hung and his untamable curls fell into warm dark chocolate eyes. "But I can't." His voice faltered, and he tried to be brave. Maybe this wouldn't change anything. Affy could be trusted. She wasn't the type to be all blind hate and prejudice.  He could tell her. He could do it. "I can't, cause it is the full moon on Wensdee." He said, referring to Wednesday. 

@afro • 400 • outfit

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Apr 19, 2019 9:53:18 GMT -5

the way he talks
sounds a lot like his daddy

Affy didn’t have a lot of spare time, of even a lot of free time, what she did was usually filled with the bar, or the day care, or Renny. Dating was hard to do, but she had been making more time for Kian, more time for herself. They weren’t official again just yet, but she had a feeling that they were working their way back towards it. She didn’t mind in the least, and honestly, she was pretty sure that she couldn’t get much happier than she was when she was with him. There was more history between them than there was between her and Chris. He had been there for all of it, even if there was distance between them a lot of the time. He had been there after she had had Renny, he had helped her, he had helped her fix herself, but he had been forced to walk away and it had been hard to do.

Stupidly she had rushed into the marriage with Alistair, and she had been hurt when he had left, when he had decided that she, and her kid, were not enough. He said that he wasn’t cut out for marriage, but then he had died. He had been killed by someone, something that he had been hunting and she said good riddance really. It had ended up better for her, because it had given her the bar, it gave her a purpose and though it was hard at times, she was seeing this through, because she had a lot to make up for. Alistair was a hunter, and her had hurt a lot of people who had had no control over what they were. People like Affy who were doing the best that they could do and living as best a life as they could.

She was glad that the stresses of the hunters in the Ministry were over, she was glad that there were people that she was helping now. She couldn’t do much, she couldn’t offer a whole lot for them other than shelter food and a job if they needed it but she was going to do everything that it took to help them feel safe. Maybe she was a fool for it, there were times when she felt in over her head but she never stopped and she never gave up. She would give anything to help them, and right some of the wrongs that Alistair had done. When he had died his baby mama and her twins had come back to the UK, but she had never met her. She had never sought the woman out other than to give her a few things that were her ex-husband’s for the kids and some money via owl when she needed it.

After all, single mother’s had to stick together didn’t they? She was lucky that her baby's father had turned out to be someone who wanted to be in her son’s life. Someone who cared and wanted to be around him. Someone who thought about him and actually tried to help Affy. He took the kid off her hands for weekends, and other times when she wanted time with Kian. he was a great guy and she wasn’t sure that she would want anyone else other than Jaxon or Kian helping her raise the kid. They were both strong, amazing men with great hearts. They both were kind and giving and she was very lucky to have Jaxon and Kian as friends. It meant more to her than words could say to have Jaxon being so great.

She had feared that jaxon would try and take the boy from her, that she would lose her son because she was not as well off as his father was. It was a hard thing to even think of, he had been the one thing that she knew that she could focus on for so long and she wasn’t sure that she could ever lose him and keep living. He was her world, her everything. She had plans, a surprise for Kian and she needed Jaxon to keep him so that she could execute it, they tried to do the wilder things when the kid was not so they did not scar him, but he was almost three. She was going to have learn that he was not a baby any more.

She was cleaning up from feeding Renny a snack and putting the dishes in the sink when he said that he couldn’t and sighed. Shit She was going to have to let Kian know then that their plans were cancelled unless Astrid was less busy. Given the time of year though, she was sure that she wouldn’t be able to. He mentioned the full moon and she snorted softly.

”Why? Got to dance naked in some ceremony I wasn’t invited to?” She said before turning back to look at him, leaning against the sink.

tag: // words: 827 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Jaxon Jameson Cole
Jaxon Jameson Cole Avatar
Hufflepuff
132 posts
29 years old
Seeker and Captain for Puddlemere United
Seeker and Captain for the English National Team

Werewolf
Quidditch
played by Jade.
options

Post by Jaxon Jameson Cole on May 12, 2019 3:06:00 GMT -5

The way I talk

Jaxon loved his boy. He loved him so damn much. It broke his heart that he could not see him more. He felt so guilty for having missed so much already, but he was going to be there for his little man now as much as he could. He would never dream of taking him away from his mother--unless Aphrodite became a danger for their son. And he truly could never imagine that would happen. He knew she loved the kid just as much as he did. They could do right by Ren...even if they weren't the traditional family, they could still show the boy all the love and support he deserved. Jaxon believed that. It still wasn't exactly the way he would have had it, if he was able to plan it out. But life didn't always let you plan, sometimes you just had to accept things.

And the way things were with him, Af and Renny were one of those things that he just had to accept. He didn't get to tuck his boy in every night. He didn't get to be there at breakfast every morning. He didn't get to do a lot of things, but that was alright. Renny was still the light of his life. He had given Jaxon a new foundation and grounding. He had reminded him of all the things he had dreamed of before becoming a werewolf, when he had been set on having a whole gaggle of kids with his wife--the full white picket fence dream.

Jaxon had tried to tell Aphrodite about his affliction.  But it was hard... and it was scary. He didn't want her to take Renny away. But it was wrong to hide the truth from her. He couldn't just flat out lie to her when she asked him to watch their son. He still edged into the truth gradually. The only person he had ever told he was a werewolf that wasn't a werewolf, too, was Oriel. That had gone alright, O hadn't hated him, but it had been an explanation for all the awful shit he had done to the other man when trying to drive him away. They hadn't even been together at the time. This was different. There was much more to risk now. Time with his son was possibly at risk.

She was joking with him--looking so pretty and not dangerous at all. The little blonde witch knew he loved their child. She knew he would never endanger the boy. She trusted him. He could trust her. He could do this. He could tell her what he was. He psyched himself up as he laughed at the question she had posed to him. His curls bounced as he shook his head.
"Nah, now it ain't nuthin' like that..." Then he thought about it for a minute and reconsidered, his face was very expressive with wide eyes and his mouth pursed a little to the side as he drew his shoulder up tilting his head toward it and drawled: "Well, I guess it is kinda like that." His brow furrowed and he licked his lips. He needed to just say--to just come out and say it: I am a werewolf. He needed to say those words.

It was clear he was struggling to find the words--or really the courage to just say what he needed to say.
"Af...I really don't want this to change anythang." He wiped a hand over his face and back through his hair. He was stressed to the max. This was more nerve wrecking than playing in any championship match. There was so much more on the line here. "Fuck," he hissed, turning to pace back and forth. "Alright." The declaration came with him stopping suddenly, turning to face the witch and putting his hands on her shoulders, gently pulling her away from the sink a little bit and towards him. He looked very nervous--and even a little bit afraid. "Okay." He drew another deep breath and swept his tongue over his lip one more time. He could do this. He kept telling himself that over and over. "I can't keep our boy over the full moon, because I'm a werewolf." The words crept off his tongue, thick like molasses. Jaxon always spoke slowly, but these words came especially slow. His heart was racing though, the poor thing was doing its damndest to break free of the bone cage that held it in his chest. His dark chocolate eyes were pleading with Affy, pleading that she wouldn't hate him or fear him now.   

@ baby mama • 764 • outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 18, 2019 12:02:38 GMT -5

the way he talks

There were sins hat Affy felt the need to atone for that were not hers. There were things that she felt the need to do. Things that she felt were her responsibility because Alistair had been her husband, for no matter how short a period. It made her responsible for the lives that he took, and she took a life debt seriously. She had a lot of things that weighed heavily on her and the largest thing was the time that her son had lost with his father. What more could she do? She allowed him all the time that he wanted with Renny, and even let him have him for weeks if he wanted it. She would not even be bothered to allow Jaxon to have him for vacations.

The season was quickly approaching and that meant that there would be some changes that had to be made, some things that would be seen that had to change to accommodate the season. After all, Jaxon was a star seeker, they would attend games to see him when she could, and she would let Renny spend what time that Jaxon could spare. She would never allow such a thing as Quidditch to change how she saw Jaxon, after all with all of the time that Kian had been away and doing the things that he saw fit to do for the betterment of his team. The same could be said for Jaxon. He wanted to win, and she wanted him to. She never wanted herself, or their son to be a burden on him, or on the life that he chose.

It was the main reason why she chose to joke with him at times like this, and she tried to not take offense when he had plans or something that would keep him from taking Renny when she needed it. It did piss her off a little, but the American had his reasons, even if she did not know them. She did not want to judge him for things that he could not do for certain reasons, but as the mother of his son, she was certain that she at least deserved the right to know what it was that would keep him from seeing his son. Since nothing before had really done so to her knowledge. It if was Tess, she could understand. Men often did stupid things for the love of a woman.

Aphrodite laughed a little when he spoke and then sighed as she watched their son run around in the living room and shook her head for a moment before turning her eyes back to Jaxon. "Jaxon... I am sure that nothing will change anything. You're not running away to Merlin knows where, you're not abandoning him, so what would change things?" She sighed and put her hands on the counter behind her.

Finally, he spat it out and she laughed putting her arm around her waist before patting her leg with her hand and snorting. Looking at him again she laughed once more and shook her head. "You think that would change things? You do know what I do here, don't you, Jaxon? That would never change things, love."

tag: // words: 537 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ

Jaxon Jameson Cole
Jaxon Jameson Cole Avatar
Hufflepuff
132 posts
29 years old
Seeker and Captain for Puddlemere United
Seeker and Captain for the English National Team

Werewolf
Quidditch
played by Jade.
options

Post by Jaxon Jameson Cole on Jun 25, 2019 16:19:51 GMT -5

The way I talk

This was really scary. Really, really scary... Coming out as a werewolf was not something the Cole had much experience with. He had told Oriel. Too late. Much too late, but he had finally managed to do it. And Contessa and other wolves knew, but they were afflicted, as well. There was not the same risk for prejudice and judgment... and fear in that scenario. So really, Jaxon had only told one person in his whole life about what he was. Now, here he was trying to tell the mother of his son. 

He was sick at the thought that this could change everything. Jaxon would not be able to handle it if Affy decided that he was too dangerous to be around their son. That would utterly destroy him. But it had already been too long keeping a secret like this from a woman he was supposed to be raising a child with. He had to trust she would still see him. She tried to console him to make him feel better-- and he chose to trust her. She said it would not change anything. So, he had to believe it. He had to believe that his presence and his dedication to that beautiful boy in the other room would be enough. Affy knew he loved Ren with all that he was. He would never abandon their boy. Never.

He got his confession out and she laughed at him. He was practically in tears from nerves and worry-- and she was doubled over laughing at him. It might have stung if the relief of her indifference had not been so incredible. Jaxon had lost a lot of sleep worrying about how this conversation would go. In all the times that he imagined the exchange, never not even once did he see it playing out like this. He never imagined her laughing. He huffed out a sigh of relief and had to hug her. It was a big bear hug and he squeezed tightly for a moment before he let his arms fall away from her.
"I know. I just... Hell, Af, it's diff'r'nt to help wolves and make up for the shit that the WCU did-- versus actually lettin' one 'round y'ur boy. This secr't's been eatin' me alive, I'll tell ya. I was s' scared, Af." The words poured out of him now. Relief shown on his face. It looked liked a ton had been lifted off the man's shoulders. He had needed to have this acceptance. He had needed to share this secret. He felt worlds better-- and now, there was only honesty between him and Affy. It made him feel so much closer to her.

This was a huge deal for him. Even if the fact that he was a were did not matter to her, thank Merlin, telling her meant a great deal to him. Jaxon felt the need to give her that context--and his country drawl filled the kitchen again with its deep bass as he explained:
"I just ain't really told much of nobody before. You are the only person in this here country that knows that ain't a wolf, too. Mama don't know. None of the team. Ain't wantin' to keep a secret forever, but ain't too sure how to come out to the world either." He didn't know if Affy had picked up on the fact that Tessa was a wolf, but that did not really matter right now. This was not about Contessa. It was about him--and them--and what his condition meant for their family. 

@ baby mama • 595 • outfit

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 27, 2019 22:03:28 GMT -5

The way he talks
Alistair had done a lot of damage to the werewolves community, and he was not alone in that. There had been many others that had done the same. They were a part of a policy that had hurt so many. It seemed everything about that Minister and those that he had worked with had just been hellbent on hurting people, and it had caused good people, men, and women, to feel like this. To feel like they had to hide who and why they hurt the way that they did. He was a man, an honest, and handsome and true man. He was gorgeous and giving an amazing and for him to think that this would change anything between them... hurt her.

She cared about him and knew that he loved their son just as much as she did. He was good in everything that he did and she would never take Renny from him. Unless he was a soul-sucking demon only wanting to consume Renny's innocence, but that was the scary movie that she had been watching the night before. She had not had a good laugh in a very long time and for him to think, with everything that she did, that it would change anything was laughable. She hired wolves, she went out of her way to make sure that The Roadhouse was a safe haven for them. It was a place that she wanted them to feel safe and the same would always go for Jaxon.

"Love, you're acting like I don't let them around him already. I do have friends who are wolves too, you know. I do no fear any of you. " She said moving to hug him again and smiled as her small arms went about him. He was so large compared to how tiny she was and it made her feel some kind of way that she never bothered to name. Looking up at him she winked and then stuck out her tongue at him. "I am glad that you trust me with this, Jax. As far as coming out to the world... I know you have mentioned the ministry before. Maybe become an activist? Then you can go from there."
tag: words: 370 template by eliza @ tb & thq