options

Post by Marigold Moore on Apr 8, 2019 22:38:54 GMT -5

Turning back she just laughs
The boulevard is not that bad
tags: @fluffyhades
date: April 8, 2019, around 9 PM
outfit: here
words: 503

❥ SOMETIMES WITH THE CHAOS OF HER SCHEDULE, she'd miss one meal or another, and therefore had gotten to know the kitchens quite well. She'd gone off and on since she'd learned of the door in her third year, but this year she'd become a frequent visitor and was getting to the point where she knew many of the house elves by name. As someone who came from a family without the money to afford a house elf, at first she had felt bad for the small creatures, but now, she rarely thought twice about it. They did seem happy here. A lot of them, she knew had come from homes that didn't treat them well. That was what she still had an issue with.

Today was one of those days that she'd missed dinner here and in all the chaos of Avalon. Most of the food had already been packed up for the night and she always felt horrible when one of the elves insisted on making her a full meal at this time of night, so after a fair bit of haggling, they had agreed upon a simple sandwich, the most she was willing to let the make so late at night. They need their sleep too. And she was pretty sure they got up even earlier than she did for practice to start on breakfast. 

Mhmmm practice. Their match with Gryffindor was Saturday and boy did they look like they were going to be playing out of their league. They'd won their last match with them, but only after default when the other team's keeper got injured. 80 to 30. Not that impressive. And they'd lost the one with Ravenclaw after that (Dima was never going to let her live that one down, not after all she'd boasted on a Hufflepuff win). Overall, Gryffindor stood at 1,290 while her own team had only. It kinda sucked being in the last place. The next year - second. Then third. Maybe that meant next year they'd win. Ugg and her other beater was a second year. She knew she was normally the optimist on the team - suiting to the bright yellow color she'd dyed her hair earlier in the day in a show of house spirit for this weekend (how she got away with the colors, who knew. She was totally massive tempting fate) - but even she could see the reality.

"Ugg, this is hopeless," Ari'd mutter, her legs swinging back and forth where they hung off the edge of the table - err, were swinging until she nearly jumped a foot in the air, landed on her feet, and spun around to face the door. The sound of it swinging open had nearly given her a heart attack and she glared at the entree until the recognized the boy.

"Hades. Shit. You gave me a heart attack. I wasn't expecting anyone else down here." Not with their curfew in under an hour and first, second, third, and fourth years already set into the dorms.
♚ Made by SYLVIA of SA and GS
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 6, 2019 14:58:17 GMT -5

My Life Is Like A Video Game

Trying Hard To Beat The Stage

All While I Am Still Collecting

Coins

Anyone who knew Hades knew that he seemed a tad peculiar, in that he struggled to speak to people, frequently mumbled, tended to blatantly avoid eye contact... and he didn't hang out with people outside of his collective group. On the surface, he seemed anti-social, or at least shy. The truth of it was that he was extremely shy, and burdened with crippling social anxiety. Pair that with a school full of students reaching towards the four digit total mark, and you had a recipe of "Nope" in Hades' book. He didn't like being crowded into a room full of them three times a day, and typically he'd either skip meals, or he'd wind up in the kitchens. Honestly, Zeph had finally made himself useful in second year when he'd finally let that little golden nugget slip.

But he wasn't a bad kid, and he couldn't - and wouldn't - say boo to a goose. Namely because geese were pretty terrifying, with their croaky squawking noises a and their flapping wings. Flaps of justice. Against his presence.

But also because they were geese, which were an animal, and he loved animals too much to ever consider being mean to one.

People were pretty terrifying too, which was why he never said boo to anyone else either. Unless it was Zeph, because he literally never saw it coming, and scaring the shit out of him evened the score of putting up with his facetious best friend. It wasn't that Hades didn't want more friends. Even though he never went actively looking for them. He was just content within the group that had adopted him in the first week of school, because there were new people added to it everyday. And he liked his own space. And company. Where other people couldn't come along, say something dickish or bitchy, and have him questioning his existence for the next month.

He'd skipped dinner. Roast pork had never been one of his favourites, nor had lamb, so he hadn't really felt like he was missing out on much. Sitting with Erebos though, and Demeter, as the night waned on... his stomach had started to protest loudly enough that their housemates had started to pay attention, and he'd been driven from the common room on an anxiety fueled stride in search of sustenance to prevent either of the onlookers from trying to offer him something to eat. Apparently he looked "cute", because the last time his stomach had done this, a group of seventh years had dropped a ton of honeydukes treats into his lap and ruffled his hair with large painted grins, with a chorus of "awww"s. He never wanted to relive that nightmare again. Not today, satan, not today.

Hades' entrance into the kitchen was halted by a voice clearly greeting him, finding him paused with one leg comically poised behind him in mid-climb over the portrait ledge, and a hand stuffing a custard cream into his mouth. He blinked across at the girl for a moment owlishly, then looked to each side as he tried in vain to chew as quickly as he could, then began to cough as he inhaled a crumb. Staggering forward, he barely caught himself as he tripped before righting himself and clearing his throat, nodding at her. "Err... Mari. Gold. Marigold. How uh... how's it hangi- Going? How's it going?" 
TAG: | WORDS: ### | NOTES: #NoRelation
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY
Marigold Moore
Marigold Moore Avatar
37 posts
17 years old
7th Year
Beater

Avalon School of Ballet Intern
Server at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour
Hufflepuff
played by Nichole
""
options

Post by Marigold Moore on Jul 3, 2019 14:51:22 GMT -5

[googlefont="Lekton"][googlefont="Roboto Condensed"]
[attr="class","nugget"]
[attr="class","mirrormirror"]
[attr="class","nuggettitle"]filler
[attr="class","nuggetsubtitle"]filler
[attr="class","nuggetwords"]"Oh, shoot. Oh, shoot are you okay? Please don't die? Oh, why did I never learn Heimlich?" she blurted, dropping her sandwich and scrambling across the kitchen - not an easy task, it wasn't the neatest place ever - to the Gryffindor. As she approached, her movements when from fast and easy to slow and hesitant, she didn't want to do anything that would make him worse. Oh man, she hadn't meant to give him a fright by saying he'd given her one. Though clearly, she'd given him worse of one than the reverse. She currently could breathe.

Hovering awkwardly, she waited till his breathing returned to normal before scuttling a few steps backwards. "Oh shit, Hades, I'm so sorry. I thought you had seen me." Ari grinned sheepishly, before using her arms to propel herself up, sitting on one of the empty tables with her feet swinging below her, unable to reach the floor.

"Just Ari is fine. Marigold makes me feel like someone's eighty-year-old grandma. I kinda hate it. I'm not sure what possessed my parents to name me that. They have a thing for old names. I guess I got the luckiest of my siblings. Ari is the only thing I've been able to make out of that so far, at least. Goldie has the same effect and there are a million and one Marys." She paused for a second, frowned like she was considering something. Eventually, she fished her wand out and a flick willow wood later, her sandwich came flying across the room landing nicely in her hand.

“I'm doing okay. Ready for bed. Dreading the potions essay I need to finish. The normal," the yellow-haired girl offered after taking a bite out of her sandwich. Eww potions. Why was she still taking that anyways? Oh yeah, she needed a fourth class. “Missed dinner. Had practice." She shrugged. "What are you doing down here so late?"

[attr="class","nuggetnotes"]321 - @fluffyhades - notes

[newclass=".nugget"]background-color:black;width:380px;padding:15px;cursor:crosshair;height:650px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".mirrormirror"]width:100px;height:100px;padding:12px;border:1px solid #e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggettitle"]font-size:25px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:320px;padding:10px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;text-style:strong;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetsubtitle"]font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:Lekton;width:310px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#e08100;font-style:strong;padding:6px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords"]font-size:10px;font-family:Roboto Condensed;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;line-height:15px;height:350px;overflow:auto;width:320px;color:white;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetwords b"]font-size:11px;color:#e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px;background:black[/newclass]
[newclass=.nuggetwords::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#e08100;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nuggetnotes"]font-family:Lekton;font-size:10px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:1px;padding:10px;color:#e08100;[/newclass]