ICW
played by Jade
"Another world is possible."
options

Post by Luiz Almeida on May 3, 2019 20:56:15 GMT -5

ICW Cooridination
ICW HEADQUARTERS
Geneva, Switzerland

Luiz enjoyed Geneva—and he sincerely hoped that after this expedition into the United Kingdom, he would be spending a great deal more time in Switzerland. The Supreme Mugwump would not be in her position forever…and as Head of Public Policy and Government Relations, he was already poised to be the next SM. He was going to lead this group into this dangerous situation. They would be the heroes, and it would just what he needed for the next step up in his career.

There were risks, of course. This mysterious epidemic that had ravaged the wixen community in the UK was undoubtedly an occurrence of biological warfare. Research institutes had been established in the country, but they seemed to be no closer now to a cure than they had been six months ago. It was time for the ICW to intercede. The United Kingdom would surely sink into a severe economic depression if the state of emergency and corresponding travel and export ban continued for another six month or a year. That was unacceptable. The ICW could not sit by and simply watch one of the leaders of the world fall into squalor.

So, he was to lead this team into the nation. It would be small for now. He had a group of medical researchers, as well as a few strategists and economists. The ICW accepted only the best and brightest the world had to offer into its ranks…now it was time for those brilliant minds to solve the puzzle that had mystified the poor souls confined to the United Kingdom since September.

Luiz stood from his seat at the head of the conference room table. Conversations petered out as he waited for the group’s attention to turn to him. “Welcome, ladies and gentleman. As you all are already aware, I am Luiz Almeida. I will be leading the ICW team going into the United Kingdom. Thank you all for volunteering for this undertaking. There are risks involved, as we all are aware.”

He stepped to the left and pulled down a large white screen. With a few buttons presses on the remote in his hand, Luiz had the first slide of the day’s presentation was visible. It bore the ICW logo. He flipped to the next slide, where a list of bullet points outlined the agenda. “Today, we are going to review the mission, the risks, the ICW’s current understanding of the situation, and our goals for this trip. Then, I would like us all to introduce ourselves.”

The wizard let his eyes move front one person to the next as he spoke, drifting his attention around the room with the natural confidence of someone accustomed to speaking to groups. He had been a professor for years now. His words flowed easily and as he spoke, he moved through the slides in time with the message he was delivering. “We have assembled together with a singular purpose. We are going to the United Kingdom to help. We are servants of the people. Our knowledge and expertise will invaluable in this most trying and confusing time.”

His face shifted from a comforting smile to an expression of concern. “There are risks. We are giving up certain freedoms to enter into the United Kingdom. There is a standing travel ban for all wixens. We will be unable to leave until the epidemic crisis has been solved. I know you are all aware of this risk, but I must reiterate it. You have until Tuesday to change your mind. Once we arrive in London, it will be too late.” He intended to speak to each member of his team privately to confirm they were prepared to take that risk. Luiz hoped that they would be able to actuate change quickly, but he understood that medical research took time.

“You are not just risking your freedom to move about the globe as you wish. You are also risking your magic. What the Brits have labeled as Epidemic X appears to us at the ICW as a biological weapon. All evidence relayed to us supports the supposition that this illness was produced and unleashed on the wixen population. The speed with which the illness spread through well over half the witches and wizards in the UK does not match biological trends. While the current new infection rate is very low, it does not eradicate the possibility that any or all of us could become infected.”

He paused as he flipped the slide to the first of the goal’s slides. A glance at the text reminded him that while he was leading this team, the work he could truly accomplish on his own was not the main goal of their entry into the UK. Luiz turned his eyes from the screen to the medical researchers in the room. “There are so many unanswered questions about this epidemic. It is up to you,” he gestured to Samira, Davis and the other medical doctors, “to find answers, to create a cure. We are all here to help you in achieve that goal.”

“The longer the state of emergency continues in that country, the more dangerous it becomes for everyone. The economy will continue to degrade—and as businesses close and more become jobless, crime will rise, civil unrest with rise, and public safety will drop. We have to help prevent that from happening. We don’t to see riots in the streets. We don’t want families losing their livelihoods.” He spoke with genuine passion and emotion. It was clear that no matter the danger, Luiz genuinely cared about the people they were going to help. He wanted to be part of the great solution. He wanted to encourage policies that would reverse the British purist oppression of muggleborns that brought shame on purebloods of the world.

“We can expect that in the United Kingdom, as with anywhere, there will be those who welcome us and those who resent our presence. We must be prepared to be distrusted. Do not let that discourage or distract from our purposes. I will be there with you—one of the many hats that I will wear while we are in the UK is that of mediator. If you find yourself struggling, come to me. I will help resolve whatever obstacle you are facing.” He gave a little clap his hands and offered a wide grin to everyone.

“Now with that out of the way, let’s go around the room. Some of us are familiar with each other already, but just so we all have an idea about who we are traveling with, I’ll begin. As I have said already, I’m Luiz Almeida—I’m the lead for this initiative. I, also, serve as the Head of Public Policy & Government Relations for the ICW. I taught Social Policy and International Development at Harvard for a number of years. I hail from Brazil where most of my family still resides. We are something of a Quidditch family. So, if any of you fancy a pick-up game, I’m always eager to get back on a broom.” He tried to be concise giving details of himself professionally, as well as humanizing himself a bit. Luiz wanted to cultivate a spirit of family within the team.

He looked to the person seated nearest to him, giving a nod of his head to encourage the person to introduce themselves.

1233 | outfit

@davis
@elizabeth
@murphy

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 3, 2019 22:35:59 GMT -5

ICW coordination
ICW HEADQUARTERS
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND

She had been in Geneva for over a year now. The job offer had come from the ICW, and she knew that she would have been foolish not to take it. Mark was never going to have understood a move to Switzerland for something that she couldn’t even tell him about. But she had known that she needed to go, and when the choice had come down to her career, or her sham of a marriage, Bets had known the answer before she had even really finished the question. And so, she had packed her things and she had moved to Europe. Somewhere that she would have never pictured herself, growing up on that ranch in Texas.

This wasn’t the life that she had imagined at all. Though she had always been different. Magic was something that she wouldn’t have used to explain it. Only it was the logical solution, once she had known that it existed. She had been born into a family that hadn’t known that magic was real, or that it had ever been real. And then she had been immersed in a culture that existed right under their noses. It was something that you didn’t forget. No matter how lucky you got, or how much she found herself returning time and time again to the no-maj world.

Bets thought that there were always going to be struggles with that. She thought that there were always going to be sometimes when she ended up with her foot in her mouth because of the things that she said. She had grown up watching her sisters do everything that she knew that her mama wanted her to do. But Elizabeth had never been pageant material, and there was an air to all of this that felt like they were going up on stage in front of a country that they didn’t know all that much about. It wasn’t going to be a friendly situation. She knew that. They all knew that. They were going into a country that wasn’t necessarily going to be welcoming.

And her habit of speaking before she thought sometimes was likely to land her in some form of trouble. But she wasn’t stupid. She knew perfectly well what they were doing to people like her. It wasn’t much of a secret here, and she had seen enough of the reports about the economy, to know what it was that they were doing. They were slaves, and for someone that had grown up in the south in America, she knew what they thought of slaves. They had hired hands still, but at least they paid them. Her father hired immigrants, gave them fair wages, and often housing. But they didn’t have slaves. Not anymore.

The UK did. They had slaves, and those slaves were people like her. They were people that simply came from a different background than those in charge. It was hard to accept that. But she was doing her best not to let that be a part of her thinking. Bets was going to have to mind her own biscuits when it came to that. And she knew that no one was perfect. She didn’t expect them to have no dirty laundry, they all had some hanging out there on the line. But that didn’t mean that she was ever going to think that an attitude towards something like that was okay. Slavery would never be okay.

That wasn’t just an American attitude showing through either. Because she was sure that there were plenty of people that pegged the American’s as being the ones that came in and thought that they could just fix everything with their flag, and their armies, and everything that made them grossly American. But Elizabeth knew that that wasn’t the case here. They were a collaborative team. And even in the magical world, the United States was not doing anything on their own. She knew. She had been MASUCA for years before she had come here.

Focusing on what the man standing at the head of the table was saying, she tuned in and out about the Epidemic that they were walking into. She had read the briefings when she had signed up for them. And if they gave her a minute, she thought that she could recite them word for word for them. She remembered everything, it was a blessing and a curse. It made her highly intelligent, but it also led to bouts of boredom when someone was reiterating something that she already knew.

Luiz was a familiar face, even just in passing. She had been here long enough that she recognized the faces of the Heads of Departments, even when they were from all around the world. Though she doubted that they all knew who she was. She worked here in the compound, and she lectured at the University. Her German had improved since she had arrived, though she often stuck to French for her lectures. It was easier, by far. Though she would still say that her Spanish was better than her French, since she had grown up with Spanish just as much as she had with English.

When he finished speaking, she realized that his eyes had landed on her, and she smiled out at all of them. Her face as bright as her dress. “My turn?” Even years in the Northeast and now in Europe hadn’t taken that Texas twang out of her voice, “I’m Elizabeth, Bets, Betty, really it doesn’t matter. Jones. I’m an International and Political Economist, based here in Geneva. I’ve worked for the Confederation and the University for… It’ll be two years in August.” Her eyes swept around to each face as she spoke, “While I was a master’s student at Harvard, once upon a time,” she inclined her head to Luiz as she spoke, “I’m from Texas, originally. And I’m afraid we are not an exciting quidditch family. My parents own a cattle ranch, so I’ll make a half decent cheerleader for that pickup game, but that’s probably about it.”

@ icw • 1013 • elizabeth's outfit

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 4, 2019 14:56:34 GMT -5

ICW Coordination
Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland

He missed home. he missed his parents and his brother, Thomas. He missed his mother's baking and his father's deep chuckle. They weren't getting any younger and he knew that sooner or later he would get the call that they were gone. He had gone home for the holidays and had done a video call for Easter. Work was usually a priority and it had always been that way for him. Even when he and Mary-Elizabeth were happily married that was the truth of things. He was a man with drive, he knew what he wanted and he went after it. The events that had lead him to his work here was tragic, but Geneva was pretty much home for now. He had no true home, save for Missouri. He never put down roots, he never tried to. He saw no true point into any of it, and honestly, it was probably better that way. He couldn't feel that pain again if he kept his walls up. Hell, even at work there were not many who actually knew him. He was a loner and while that was good for his mental stability it often made him worry about his standing with the ICW.

In the last year, he had made attempts though, at being more open and more social. He had even had a girlfriend for a few months on his last assignment, but he ended things when he left. She had known that he would when things had started, but that did not mean that it had not hurt her. It seemed at times that it was all that he was capable of in a relationship. Hence why he avoided people like the plague in general. His parents cautioned him to be more social because no one can live life alone forever. He would never think of leaving the ICW, so maybe he could put down some sort of roots somewhere, A home that he could go home to. Take his vacations at, maybe… try and have another family. All things that would have to be considered after he finished this assignment though.

The UK was calling and they were answering. Well, more like they were going to be the big kid on the playground who told them to stop being fucking idiots and to stop eating paste. It was merely that simple. They were on lockdown for an issue that they could not handle themselves, like always, and instead of asking for the help they needed at first they were stopping exports, they were stopping travel and tourism. It was isolationism at best, and unfortunately, it was going to be their downfall. They were going to have to step in and do something about it before they ruined themselves any further.

As a researcher, he had volunteered because he had nothing better to do because he liked the challenge and working on some mysterious disease sounded great. He wanted to know how things worked, he wanted to know how it affected the body and the heart and lungs. If people had died he wanted to study their bodies, he wanted to read charts and take notes, to look at victims and compare DNA, and blood samples. He was getting excited because this was the fun part. He would be lying if he didn't have the A-team them song playing in the background when he had gone to the meeting, but he had been drinking the night before, so his head was not where it should be, but it still excited him at the prospect of having something to do. He didn't like the downtime between assignments. he didn't like.

He had read the information given to them and he was just as passionate about this as it seemed Luiz was, but there was something tickling him in the back of his mind. Someone who did this would likely have been from a medical background to some extent, so that meant that if the person, or people, who created this epidemic worked in the medical field, there was a change that they could be working against them as a whole. Not something that would greatly help them, but things like this took time. It could be months. Thankfully most of Davis' education did not have him leaning heavily on magic, though it did make things easier. He didn't have many friends, he didn't have a family. It made it easier for him to go than it did some of the others on staff. He had nothing to lose, unlike some of the others. Maybe this was his way of living on the edge,

A set of introductions was to follow and Davis frowned a little. He hated talking to people unless he had to, an introvert by nature, it was one of the things that made him such a great surgeon in his own mind. He didn't have to deal with people, and he didn't have to talk to people until he absolutely had to. He could be charming and suave when he needed to be, but he hated when he needed to be. As the woman beside him who was an American that he was familiar with, though had never really had any interaction with her, her face was familiar. Likely from the halls of the ICW. The same could be said for many of the others.

He nodded his head and then smiled. "Like Bets here, I am American. Though I hail from further north, I was raised by my grandparents in Missouri in a small town outside of Branson. I am a Cardio-Thoracic Surgeon., I attended NYU and later the Medical University of South Carolina. I occasionally take assignments still with Doctors Without Borders when not on assignment here. Not a Quidditch family either, but never afraid to play. Usually not a shabby chaser, though it has been a while." He kept it to the bare minimum, as he didn't feel the need to share more information than he absolutely had to. "I'm currently a medical researcher for the ICW and have been for the last four years. "

tag: icw // words: 1024 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB & THQ
Samira Avani Chaudhari
Samira Avani Chaudhari Avatar
Kurma
23 posts
36 years old
Medical Researcher
Immunologist
Magical Bugs and Diseases Healer

Indian Institute of Science Bangalore and The John Hopkins University School of Medicine Alum
ICW
played by Morgan
""
options

Post by Samira Avani Chaudhari on May 8, 2019 20:16:00 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]Is it lonely in between the stars
[attr="class","cscripticw"]i've been back home watching
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]from far away I wonder where you are[break]
Did you look back as you crossed the moon

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]This was a situation that she was not walking into lightly. It was not something that she had agreed to on a whim, without thinking of the consequences. No, jumping into a situation like this one would have just been a foolish thing to do. Samira knew that there were plenty in the International Confederation of Wizards that, despite their ideals and goals about helping all of wizard kind, would not touch this assignment with a ten-foot pole. The risk of entering a quarantine zone was high, for more reasons than one. Of course, there was the risk of infection. There was the risk of losing their magic as well, and be put in the same position as the rest of the wixen there—to be without magic, without knowing if and when a cure was going to come.
[break][break]
But there were other risks. There was no way to know how welcomed they would be into the country. In any normal circumstances, outside help would likely be welcomed. They would want any support that they could get to help keep the government running, and to help make sure that they found a cure as quickly as possible. There would be no reason to dislike or distrust outside help. In the case of the United Kingdom, though, it was a big difference. The International Confederation of Wizards had had its eye on the U.K. for some time now. The instability of their government alone, the presence of radicals in position of power, it would have been enough to warrant intervention long before now.
[break][break]
That wasn’t her focus, of course, or her area of expertise. She didn’t know just what requirements or qualifications were needed to warrant a political intervention into a country. She didn’t know what boxes needed to be checked to make that happen, but she had known that they were on the ICW’s radar just for the state of the government alone. That made this situation a bit complicated. It meant that there would be people in the government that would see them as threats. Who might think that they had come in to take power from them and take away everything that they had worked for.
[break][break]
If Samira had any say in it, that was exactly what they would do. At the very least, the Muggleborns needed to be free to return to their old jobs, and their old lives. They should honestly receive monetary compensation for their time spent in shackles, but whether or not the government could afford that right now remained to be seen. They needed to take a serious look at the people in power in the Ministry and see who deserved to be there. They needed to facilitate an election for a leader that the people chose themselves.
[break][break]
At least, that was her opinion.
[break][break]
She would leave the politics up to the professionals though. That was not why she was here. Her focus was on the cure. As one of the top immunologists in the field, and certainly the best one in the International Confederation of Wizards, she had been an obvious pick for the assignments. When looking for a cure, someone with her qualifications and specialization would be beneficial in a hunt for the cure. She was looking forward to getting started and getting her hands dirty. She had tried to do as much research as she could beforehand, from the moment she had learned she would be going into the U.K. with this team. But she knew that she’d have a much better insight once she was there. Once she had her hands on their samples, on their data, and everything that they have learned so far.
[break][break]
An unknown disease like this one was like a puzzle to an Immunologist. She knew that she would not be able to rest until a cure was found. She only had to hope that the team assembled would be just as passionate as she was. There was much to be done.
[break][break]
Her focus was pulled to Luiz as he stood up and began to speak. She had been surprised to hear that he was leading the expedition. Originally, the Supreme Mugwump herself was going, and she didn’t know the details as to why she wasn’t now. Or if she would join them eventually. As the head of public policies and government relations, he was a good pick for the job. Samira couldn’t claim to know him well despite knowing him well in other ways, but she knew enough of him to know that he was a good choice.
[break][break]
She did not let her attention stray from him as he spoke of risks, not just of being trapped behind closed borders but also of infection. The infection rate was certainly low, she had a sinking suspicion that at least one of them would fall to the same fate. Optimism didn’t have much of a place here—realism in the case, was much more beneficial. They were going into the thick of it. There was certainly a chance of someone getting infected. Samira nodded when Luiz gestured in her direction. She knew that they were certainly going to have their work cut out for them.
[break][break]
Luiz spoke a bit more about himself, not saying anything that she hadn’t already known about him, and she let her gaze follow to each person who spoke in turn. Elizabeth from the States, economist. She was sure that getting the economy under control would be quite the task, but a masters student at Hogwarts would certainly be up for the task, she was sure of that. Davis, also from the states. Her eyebrows quirked up at his specialty. What was a cardiothoracic surgeon doing here? What did his specialization in the heart have to do with an unknown virus? MUSC was a good enough school, she supposed. It was something like the 60th best medical school. Nothing to scoff over, but she knew that judging by medical school wasn’t necessarily affair. It was just something she had a bad habit of at times.
[break][break]
“Suppose that makes it my turn,” she said, with a small smile. “Samira Chaudhari—originally from Jaipur, India. I’m an Immunologist, stationed out of Sydney, Australia for the past couple of years, and a Magical Bugs and Diseases healer. I’ve been working with the ICW for almost four years. I went to medical school at John Hopkins and did my healer training at McGilliguddy Medical Center, so I know enough of the States to appreciate the invention of hot wings but not quite enough to understand American football,” she joked, her teasing harmless as she glanced at the two Americans in the room. “But if anyone wants to stay on the ground, actual football is more my style and I play a mean forward.” She loved Quidditch too, of course, but she enjoyed watching it more than playing.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]1150 ● @ the squad ● outfit
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.cbg]width:400px;background:#262626;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbgtop]width:400px;height:120px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscripticw]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#ff8a4b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscripticw span]color:#ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cline]height:1px;background-color:#888;margin:3px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Sonia J. Lazare
Sonia J. Lazare Avatar
Şolomanţă
12 posts
29 years old
Assistant to the Supreme Mugwump
Magical Naturalist
Anthropologist

Tituba University Alum
Parselmouth
ICW
played by Steph
"To the one who blooms in the bitter snow, I raise my cup"
options

Post by Sonia J. Lazare on May 8, 2019 21:36:23 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","tits"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title-sonia"] Way down, Hadestown
[attr="class","subtitle-sonia"] Better go and get your suitcase packed,
Guess it’s time to go
[attr="class","wordz-sonia"]

She knew many of the people surrounding her, by paperwork and pictures, if not personally. As Séraphine’s assistant, she’d met some of them, and she’d done the necessary filing, the runs and discussions, and she knew it was going to be continued without her.

It was a curious sort of denial, Sonia knew, to be more off-put that Séraphine was without her than it was to face the loss of her magic. No, she’d trained her replacements well, shown then what she did, prepared her notes for them, left reminders and reorganized their stations. How they would fare was something she could pretend to have control over, and it stuck in her mind more.

Going into quarantine where she might lose her magic— no, there was nothing she could control there. She was going there for Séraphine, to make the waters as smooth as possible, to listen to Luiz as she would Séraphine. If she lost her magic, she would live with it. She hoped that she would still have her Parseltongue, as without the twist in her throat to move her speech to serpent-tongue, she did not know what she would be.

It was a well-kept secret, far better-kept than the magical school she had attended. The latter was in her files, after all, though the former was not and would never be, if she could help it. She’d made sure the school was included, as she never could stand inaccurate information. Her personal shorthand or code, whichever was best to use, would reflect that once she turned in her reports of the UK mission.

Sonia knew the UK from stories, truthfully. She was Trini, after all, and both her parents had needed to switch their citizenships over, which her grandparents had done with great pleasure. She doubted that encouraging the country to relent, to move back and treat others humanely would be simple. She knew why they hadn’t stepped in before, and she’d accepted that. There were always happenings that needed the ICW’s attention, after all.

That didn’t mean she liked it, of course. She was a child of the largest populations of people of the twin islands, and it had only been in the lifetimes of her parents that the British Ministry had let go of their hold on her home islands. Tituba, however, was still technically in a Commonwealth realm, and asking nicely or putting sanctions on was not going to enough to have those in power from abusing Muggleborns. She did hope, though, that for the Doctors Jones and Bridgeman, the shield of the ICW as a good enough protection over them, that it would work.

As any good assistant, she’d watched her fellows speak. They all excelled in their field, or they never would have gotten this far. She’d smiled and nodded at the proper places, filed away jokes and responses to include herself, and then it was her turn.

“I’m Sonia Lazare, an assistant— or the assistant, I should say. It’s good to be able to see all of you when I’m not behind a desk or running an errand for our Mugwump.” She pressed humor into her tone, knowing it would make her accent grow thicker. So be it, she’d spent more of her life away from home than at home at this point, and her Trini accent was lighter than she would like. “I grew up in Trinidad,” she didn’t bother giving the name of her village, though if she’d grown up in St Augustine like her parents, she would have as it would have had a higher chance of being known, “and I went to quite a small school. I went to university in Barbados and took a senior year apprenticeship in México. I worked for one of my delegates for a year, brought myself here, and I was temping until I was chosen by our Mugwump; I’ve been her assistant for nearly three years or so.”

Sonia caught her breath. “I look forward to getting to know all of you better. I’m not a poor Keeper when half the team’s incapacitated, though I must say, I’m a better attacking midfielder, my mother saw to that.” She gave a grin, hoping her joke would go over well enough. Like most mages, she was an avid fan of Quidditch, but the women's football team did better than their Quidditch team, so it was really less painful to cheer for.

[attr="class","tags-sonia"]☆ @all, 738 words ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai

[newclass=".tits"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title-sonia"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#cc3300;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle-sonia"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#cc3300;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-sonia"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-sonia b"]color:#cc3300;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags-sonia"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2019 1:13:02 GMT -5

Murphy knew that being part of the ICW meant that he had more purpose than just being an interpreter. While language and linguists were his passion, where his heart lay was with protecting people. He first role was a protector of his wife, Katja as well as his family and he knew that meant to be on the police force of the cooperation. He was ready for whatever came his way. Murphy understood he could not take anything likely. It was not like being stuck at a desk with paperwork to do. He was worth more than just that but still, he didn’t skive off from doing the paperwork when he had to. When he was in the office he contributed where he could and if could be finishing up case files, then so be it. His desire to contribute where he could drove Murphy to put himself forward for this mission.

He had been hearing off and on about what was happening in the UK. With having an Irish mother, he was familiar with Ireland but not so much with the UK itself other than having visited there a few times on holidays with his family and after with Katja. But since the epidemic had fallen upon the British Isles, it had been close off to outsiders, which was completely understandable. Murphy knew there was a large population there and he knew they would have been hit hard with so many people falling sick.

The wizard understood it was a serious concern for the ICW. He didn’t want to go into this task unprepared and he was giving Almeida his full attention. It was something he had to concentrate on. Murphy definitely did have a number of questions but he was unable to answer them himself, he had to rely on others to provide those answers for him. He gazed around the room at the other attendees to this meeting, taking note that everyone looked so different, not that looks really mattered in this mission. They were here to put their expertise to use and to hopefully improve things in the UK.

Murphy knew that this was going to be a dangerous mission, not because of what was going on with the muggleborns in the UK but also with the epidemic on top of that. It appeared from all that he had read that the epidemic had not spared anyone really. They were all susceptible to falling sick when they got there.

Talk of Quidditch from the leader brought a smile to his face. He didn’t play the sport, he didn’t play any sports but he had learned about the sport itself and lingo that went along with it to make sure he didn’t embarrass himself too much when it came to conversation about it. He wasn’t sure just yet if he would ever mention his inability to maintain some kind of grace on a broom or not, he was definitely going to watch what he said.

Murphy wasn’t so quiet as his mother was but his confidence didn’t come close like that of his father’s. However, the wizard had never set out to be like. Maybe one his brothers would be like him but Murphy was different. As the oldest of the children, he had always looked out for his younger siblings but he had also gone about making his own way and doing things his own way.

When it came to being on the Police force of the, Murphy took his role seriously. He was always on hand for whatever role he had to fill or what mission he was being sent on. This time was, of course, different because it was a mission he had volunteered for. He knew that it presented with so many variables and dangers but as long as he kept a careful eye out, he thought he would be fine. Hopefully that train of thinking wouldn’t see him mislead.

As the others went around the room, Murphy kept a count of where everyone was from. Having a mixed heritage, it always fascinated him. But he never banged on talking about it. He knew it wasn’t the easiest subject to talk about most of the time.

After the girl beside him had finished talking he nodded in direction before looking around the room and clearing his throat a little. ”My name is Murphy….Murphy Antoniak…..I’m on the police force here..” he said smiling a little before continuing. ” I’ve been here about eight or so years but I’ve lived in Switzerland since I was a child, first Zurich now, here. Went to university here and met my wife here” the wizard continued.

”I don’t play Quidditch sadly...or football but know I’ll be cheering any of you from teh sidelines” he chuckled a little. ”I studied at Beauxbatons and as I said before went to Geneva university, I have a degree in mutlilingual communication, I speak German and Polish, not that it will be of use in the UK, however I finished the training to be where I am at the top of my class and I have an eye for detail….I’ll be happy to keep an eye wherever we go in the UK…..to look into the situation there.” he said with a small nod, indicating he had finished.