played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Sept 18, 2017 16:12:28 GMT -5

Dominic Hywel Evans
11 - Male - Half-blood - 30/08/2006

Student

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: Dominic is about average height and weight for a boy his age and has blonde moppy hair and a cheeky smile on his face for most of the time. He does attempt to try and make himself look more calm than he is but his hyperactive nature usually gets the better of him comes across in how he is unable to keep still, the way he moves and the breathless expression that in usually on his face from talking too much or running about everywhere or just plain being restless. He has warm light blue eyes that are full to intrigue and excitement. He can be very hyper active and this causes him to fidget about a fair bit. He has light blue eyes.

When Dominic is not in school uniform, he enjoys wearing casual clothes, such as his favourite light blue polo shirt, jeans and trainers. He also wears a red jumper in the winter to keep him warm. Dominic hates being in uniform and finds it very uncomfortable, and the hat really does annoy him. In his uniform he usually dresses somewhat scruffy, like having his shirt untucked in some places or all over the place or a badly done up tie. It is not that he is lazy he is just too eager to get on with his day to bother doing up his shirt or tie properly. That and his general distain for the uniform.
Sexual Orientation: Dominic: "Ewwwww girls!!!"
Skills: Flying, playing games, pulling pranks, very creative, very imaginative Herbology loyalty
Weaknesses: Very poor concentration and easily distracted, handles rejection badly, potions, charms, History of Magic (Dominic thinks it is the most boring lesson in the whole entire world ever), easily upset, hyperactive, can throw children temper tantrums, excitable
Positive Personality Traits: Eager, good sense of humour, wants to do the right thing, loyal to his friend and family, open to new ideas, adventurous, kind natured, energetic, creative, eager to learn, a bit of a daredevil, good at finding stuff (things he lost, secret passengers, hidden serest), caring especially towards animals, enjoys a good prank,
Negative Personality Traits: Rude without knowing it, can be very annoying, talkative, childish, mischievous, overly excitable short attention span, quick tempered, easy to upset, hyperactive most of the time and can get even worse if he has too much sugar or anything that really gives him more energy and makes him a bit too hyperactive, impulsive, he can stutter when he talks because his mind is racing ahead of his mouth, can be bit too risky at times, day dreamer
Hobbies and Interests: Pranks, going on adventures, flying, running, camping, discovering new animals and caring for animals, Herbology, getting lost in his own make believe land,
Character History:
Dominic was born in Caerphilly, and is 1 minute younger than his twin sister Olivia. He was a very active boy growing up, always getting into mischief and causing trouble, sometimes on purpose, other times by accident. His mam and dad sometimes wonder what to do with him, especially when he became a bit of a handful. Eventually they did managed to get him to calm down a bit but he was still an adventure little child, running off and getting into all sorts of trouble, falling off trees, getting caught in barbed wire fences, getting brought home by the police for almost doing something potentially dangerous involving some hay, a plank of wood, and a large fishing rod.

He enjoyed school, both being able to play with his friends and learning new things, although he didn’t always pick stuff up as quickly as others, he worked hard to ensure that he could. At least when he wasn’t day dreaming he was “Dangerous” Dominic International Spy Adventurer, fighting the forces of boredom, darkness and... Ummm boredom.

In some respects his school life was somewhat miserable, while he did have some friends, he wasn’t that popular, and usually his friends would decide he was just too annoying to hang around with and leave him, or backstab him and laugh behind his back at just how hyper he could be. Throughout this however, he always had his twin sister, who was always there for him.

His mam and dad loved him and his sister both equally and never choose sides or had favourites. Even when Dominic and Olivia quarrelled they went out of their way to ensure that they never looked like they were picking sides, even if one or the other was to blame.

Living in the south Wales valleys gave Dominic plenty of chance to explore and find new things. With all the old abandoned mineshafts and wide open country side. Although he did occasionally need rescuing from himself. One of this first instances of magic was when he fell into a disused mineshaft and couldn’t get out. He shouted and shouted but no-one was around to hear him. He felt scared and that no-one was ever going to find him just then he began to raise up and float out of the mineshaft. He run straight home to tell his parents about it.

He was excited to find out he was going to Hogwarts, along with his sister and couldn’t wait to re-united with his cousins once again as well.

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters? Although he is a bit too young and find politics in general to be boring, Dominic is still fearful of the takeover by the Death Eaters of the Ministry. He had heard briefly about Death eaters and thinks they sound like bad people. Coups are also pretty frightening for children, or indeed anyone as well. So he finds the situation to be scary and he hopes that it doesn’t result in bad things happening to the ones he cares for, or to people in general.

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? Dominic never really taken an interest in it. He finds politics to be very boring. However, on principle, he would find collective punishment to be abhorrent and would not support the way that death eaters and especially their families were treated by Minister Durant.

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort? The Jenkins family didn’t want to get involved in the war either. Deborah Jenkins along with the rest of her family attempted to carry on like nothing was happening. She tried to keep her job working and pretending like nothing was happening. They felt that it would be best to try and ignore the evil that was going on around them. They were in denial about the hateful deeds that their fellow wizards, including some of their former friends, could inflict on their fellow human beings.

Simon Evans lost his big brother, Paul, to death eaters after Paul decided to try and speak out against the evil that he saw what was going on. Simon’s parents were dead but Simon decided to go into hiding for his own protection. Once defeated he came back out of hiding and married his lifelong love, Deborah.

Family
Parents: Simon Evans and Deborah Westwood (nee Jenkins)
Siblings: Olivia Rhian Evans (twin sister)
Children: Dominic: "I am only 11!!!"
Partner: Dominic: "I repeat, ewwww girls!"
Other Relevant Family: Amy and Donald Westwood (cousins)
Family History:
Simon was born in Llanelli to a witch and a muggle. He was sorted into Gryffindor when he was at school and it was there he met the love of his life, Deborah, a witch from Cardiff, born a wizard and a witch. She was also a Gryffindor. Deborah was two years older than Simon but, from his 3rd year fell in love with the lass but didn’t tell her how he felt. How could he? Simon was a 13 year old and she was a 15 year old Simon felt Deborah was well out of his league. Even as a Gryffindor he felt asking an older girl to go out with her would be beyond foolhardy.

However the pair did become very good friends in school and got on well together. Both of them spoke in Welsh to each other which probably helped the relationship a lot. They kept in touch after school but Simon was too afraid to ask her out. He still felt that she was too good for him.

Simon took a job working in the Ministry and tried to forget about the love of his life but couldn’t. However with the death of his brother at the hands of the death eater Simon decided to go into hiding as he feared for his life. He decided to pretend to be a muggle and live in Ceredigion, in rural mid Wales.

During this time he realised how much he loved Deborah and, upon the end of Voldermort, he resolved to find Deborah and tell her how he felt. He found her working as a journalist and told her how he felt. To his absolute delight she said that she felt the same to him. The pair dated and, eventually wed.

Simon and Deborah had two beautiful twins, Dominic and Olivia. Both of them go their letters for Hogwarts and Simon and Deborah are both every proud parents. However Simon now fears what the return of the Death Eaters might mean and of they put him at risk.

Other: Dommie is extremely hyperactive and got a bit of a stutter.

Geraint

What is the status of this application?
Completed

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
I heard about it a while ago, but to be honest I cannot recall.

Play-By:
Thomas Law (https://i.imgur.com/aTBf2NK.jpg)

Roleplay Sample
Not required.

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 19, 2017 19:39:58 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Pending!

App looks good except one small thing -- says in skills he's good at Care of Magical Creatures but since it's an elective he wouldn't be taking it yet! Unless you mean his family works with them and he's around them outside of school, in which case that's fine just let me know :D

And then needs four more posts before I can post. That's it :)
Dominic Hywel Evans
Dominic Hywel Evans Avatar
Gryffindor
132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Sept 21, 2017 17:29:43 GMT -5

Hiya,

Sorry about the care for magical creatures things, it was meant to be a bit of future planning but I have removed it. I probsbly should let it happen organically. :)

I also think has got the four posts needed now (for some reason I thought I had enough posts! Rather embarassingly) hope I have not lost count this time

Sorry and thanks again. Anything else let me know
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 21, 2017 22:18:45 GMT -5

[attr="class","staffupdatedstemp"]Accepted as a 1st Year Gryffindor