One Step Closer

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 11:02:45 GMT -5

Being a seer wasn’t something that Kahina had ever thought about bragging about. To her, announcing that she was a seer would be like someone announcing that they could walk…it was just something that was a part of her that she learned to do. Of course, it took her much less time to learn how to walk than it did for her to learn what being a seer even meant, but it was the same, or similar, concept, at least. She was hopeful that this bloke hadn’t thought that she was bragging about her being a seer, as to her, him being a Dragon Keeper was just as fascinating, if not more so. It wasn’t something she was sure that she’d be able to do, though she never tried so she couldn’t say it wouldn’t go well. Maybe she would venture to see some dragons over the summer, she mused. “Luck? I have plenty,” she grinned in amusement. “And you’ll find that I can be really patient,” she stated sincerely, winking at him. Why rush anything when the future was going to happen regardless?

“Well then I will certainly take that as a compliment, so thank you,” Kahina stated with a firm nod. “Oh, I certainly plan on stopping by the bookshop before leaving Hogsmeade now,” she agreed honestly. “After this conversation, I have realized a topic I know next to nothing about. Perhaps this wasn’t such an accidental meeting after all,” she shrugged, contemplating the thought. She really did believe that every moment happened for a reason and perhaps this was it, as well as meeting an additional friend. “Travelling is so exciting! That must be a thrill when you get to travel. When you do travel, do you try to see what the views that the country has or do you stay in your work mind?” she asked, giving him a look as if his response to that question determined a lot about his personality. “Well, perhaps you wouldn’t have been all that bad of a Claw…not every Claw is focused on learning from books,” she pointed out.

Kahina laughed along with Dylan, amused by this conversation. The fact that he was actually laughing was bringing joy to her, finding laughter to be one of her favorite sounds. It had been just what she needed, a good laugh with a stranger that was turning into a friend. “Do let me know if you come across where I can find one of those, will you?” she inquired, referring to the three-headed dog concept. She was certain that Headmistress wouldn’t approve, but she had to do something to make Divination not all that dull of a class when students were bound to want to sleep or make things up.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 8, 2015 4:09:22 GMT -5

It seemed to Dylan that the most interesting conversations came around when he wasn’t suspecting it. Really, he had just thought that he’d stop into Honeydukes briefly and head back to his apartment—or maybe go to the Three Broomsticks or the Hog’s Head for a drink or two. He hadn’t thought that he’d be running into a woman who was providing him with a very worthwhile use of his time that didn’t involve anything that he had been planning. “I’d say not getting burnt to a crisp by a dragon means I’ve got a fair bit of luck too, so I suppose we’ll have to see what happens,” he replied, grinning. Though she had obviously been joking about corrupting his mind and allowing him to see whatever she wanted, Dylan was finding himself more intrigued by what a seer actually could do. It was a topic that he’d never thought much about, unsurprisingly, but now he was curious. “Well, you’ve got me there. I’m not all that patient,” Dylan added, chuckling under his breath. He really didn’t consider himself patient or impatient, as he could be either depending on the circumstance that he found himself in, after all.

Over the years, Dylan had found that bints enjoyed being called mysterious. It was as though they thought being recognized for that meant that the bloke in question was interested in figuring her out to solve whatever damn mystery she was hiding. For the most part, he would say that it was rarely the case, in no insulting way to women, obviously. Dylan just felt that they all made themselves out to be more complex and mysterious than they actually were. But this time, he had certainly meant that she was mysterious, finding himself intrigued by the fact that he hadn’t been able to figure her out. “Perhaps not,” he agreed, not doubting in the slightest that she really was about to go pick up some books about dragons and that alone made him feel like this conversation had been successful. If he could get one more person to think that the creatures were interesting, then he’d had a productive day. Too many people deemed them useless and dangerous, a thought that irritated him every day. “I’m pretty stuck in work mind, unfortunately. I’m normally working the entire time I’m out of the country, and if I go anywhere it’s usually just whatever pub I find,” he told her, shrugging. Dylan enjoyed his work, so it didn’t feel much like he was working, and he certainly got to see the sights in a way. The dragon sanctuaries were normally in rather scenic landscapes, since they had to be out of the way, and hitting the night scene on occasion helped him to get a good idea of the place he was visiting.

“Very true, though my marks would have done Ravenclaw House a great injustice,” Dylan said, jokingly. His marks had been all right at Hogwarts, but hardly on the standards of a Ravenclaw student, or so he figured. The imagery of Kahina using any creature to try to keep the focus of her classmates was pretty amusing, even if he knew she wouldn’t have much trouble. If all else failed, perhaps she would need to get a class pet to keep them on task, but Dylan doubted it would come to that. If she could make him curious about divination, as a person who didn’t care about it in school and had hardly thought about it since, then surely she could keep her students focused. “I’ll keep my eyes open,” Dylan promised, grinning crookedly.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 8, 2015 18:22:10 GMT -5

Kahina briefly wished that she would have come on a day that she had more time, but then she would have missed this wonderful opportunity to meet such a fascinating individual. Saturdays were her days of preparing lessons for the upcoming week and she was having trouble with just a few students. It wasn’t uncommon for students to find themselves bored with the information that she provided as many believed Divination and Seers to be such a hoax, but she definitely knew much better. It didn’t help that most seers seemed to press their magic down the throats of others, but Kahina would refuse to do such a thing. Somehow, she had to convince others that her magic wasn’t all that much of a load of rubbish without them needing to see what she could see. “Well, I’m quite glad your luck is working with you as it would be so unfortunate to have missed bumping into you,” she laughed. “Life’s short as it is; don’t waste your time trying to rush through it,” she said, smiling widely.

Her smile never faltered as he responded about the countries he had visited, giving him a look that stated he needed to change his ways. “All work and no play? You’re not the type that even knows what a vacation is, do you?” Kahina accused, raising her eyebrows at him. “Well, I guess pubs can count…barely, but they can count,” she shrugged as if debating if that answer was acceptable. “I do hope you take the opportunity to attempt to talk to someone that actually lives there…if only to become better with your hand motions,” she grinned, finding slight amusement in that. “Well, I do appreciate that, Dylan,” Kahina smiled. It really was a shame that she had to get back to the castle so soon after such an interesting meeting. “As much as I have greatly enjoyed this meeting, I suppose I should get back to plan some lessons. I haven’t a three-headed dog or a dragon to captivate attention…just me, myself, and I,” she laughed.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 9, 2015 18:08:33 GMT -5

He didn’t really have anywhere else that he needed to be, but he knew that he couldn’t hang about Hogsmeade all day. Although he was technically done with work for the day, there were plenty of times that he left only to come back and continue his work with whatever dragon he was currently dealing with. It all depended on if he was in the mood to drink, go home, or had more energy to burn off by dealing with dragons. Dylan supposed this night could end up with the latter option, finding that he didn’t particularly feel like drinking and all of this talk was making him desire heading back into work. “That would have been a damn shame,” he stated in agreement, thinking that his luck had been working well for him recently. It wasn’t every day he met a woman quite like this one, whatever that meant. “Good advice.” Dylan realized, as she had stated a fact that he would certainly have to agree with.

Dylan knew that he didn’t exactly look like the type to not take time off when he was out of the country for leisure, but he normally wasn’t there long enough for that anyhow. Besides, when working a job that wasn’t exactly a typical 9-5, he could be at the sanctuaries until late into the night. “Pubs certainly count,” he countered, grinning. If that was all that he could make time for, then he at least was getting a view of how different countries spent their evenings, which was always pretty damn interesting. Nodding in agreement, he realized that this conversation had gone on a hell of a lot longer than either of them had probably anticipated, even though he certainly wasn’t complaining. “Right, well, good luck, and just let me know about the dragon,” Dylan replied, laughing. “It was nice to meet you,” he added.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 13, 2015 15:39:49 GMT -5

It was really unfortunate that this meeting had to cut out so soon as she really was thoroughly enjoying herself. He was providing such a wonderful conversation, someone that seemed to be so full of life and his own stories. She supposed she would be able to talk for hours with him, as if they were old friends at this point. This trip to Hogsmeade had definitely been worth it. She could feel herself easily slipping into pushing off her other priorities just for a few more moments of such a fascinating conversation, but she knew that she couldn’t. This certainly wouldn’t be their only meeting as they were very clearly already good friends…at least, in her mind. She supposed that most people preferred to become friends with people with similar interests, but in her case, that was rather boring. Why not become close friends with people that were so different, thus broadening one’s knowledge? It was perfect, really.

She shook her head. “I’ll have to show you the proper way of travelling sometime,” she nearly sang out, smiling widely at her friend. Pubs counted…very slightly. She would show him how it was done since clearly he hadn’t a clue what he was doing. “Thank you, and I shall certainly let you know. It was great meeting you Dylan, and I shall steal you away for some proper tourism. You have an eventful day,” she grinned before adjusting her items and stalking off in her original destination.

--End Thread--