Lost Again //open

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2015 15:33:32 GMT -5

Cadence smiled innocently when he warned her about not being easy on detention and losing housepoints. "I don't think you need to worry about that, sir." She replied. When the older man promised not to tell where he had heard his sources from, she shot him a dazzling smile and mimicked his firm nod, "I'll hold you to that." She grinned, crossing her arms behind her back and looking up at the Professor, she knew she could get herself into trouble. The more she got to know that her head wouldn't bite, she was beginning to come out of her shell more, and reveal her mischievous, playful side.

"The people in my year all talk about muggle boybands and stuff like that, it's so boring!" She moaned a little, when he reassured her she would get used to her lessons, her mischievous grinned widened even more. "Charms, professor? Well no, I don't like that the teacher is sooo weird and not normal. Totally boring." She told him with a little smirk, "Yes sir, Charms is good. I still struggle with that. But, I'll learn." She replied honestly.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 12, 2015 18:40:09 GMT -5

Even if his student had reassured him he need not worry about her earning detention or losing house points for Gryffindor, Samuel knew it was quite the opposite. “Just make sure it doesn’t happen to often” he added with a knowing glance. An amuse smile graced his face when she said that she would hold him to his promise of not revealing where he found out about Ezekiel crying. Of course he wouldn’t do that, no teenage boy wants to know someone overheard them crying. By the way Cadence looked up at him, he could tell that she was going to cause him trouble. It was as if trouble was intrinsically built into every Gryffindor, himself included, they all found themselves in detention at least once during their seven years at the school.

The professor chuckled as she went to complain about the other first years. Perhaps she wasn’t at the stage of talking about who her favourite boyband was or perhaps Cadence would never get into that but it still amused the man. “Music, be it muggle or magical is not for everyone, boybands included Miss Braeburn, do you like music otherwise?” he asked, letting his inquisitive side show. A smirk appeared on his face as the girl went onto to speak about his class and him as a professor. “I see, I’ll have to have a word with the professor, see if they can make the class more entertaining” he nodded along with a thoughtful expression.  “Of course you will learn, and remember the professor is always available should you need any help” he smiled at her. 

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 17, 2015 9:11:26 GMT -5

Cadence looked up at her head of house thoughtfully, mulling over his question, "I like some music, not much but I listen to it. I like music from films like, Disney films." She said, showing her childlike side. EVen though she sometimes acted like she wasn't an eleven year old, mentally, she did have her moments where she did prove to herself and others that she was still a child.

When Professor Copeland said he would speak to the Charms teacher she giggled a little. "And I'm sure the Professor is, he seems very friendly." She told him with a bright smile, giggling again at her head of house.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 18, 2015 18:21:41 GMT -5

“Disney films you say?"  He asked his student, he was glad that she still had some innocence in her. From personal experience he knew it could all be lost very soon, especially in the magical world, though times had changed since he was student at the school. But he had heard rumours of things going on, thankfully the students were away from all that up here. Though Samuel knew it may not last for much longer. “I’ve seen a few of them, do you watch them often?”

He chuckled as Cadence started to giggle. If anything he did prefer to see the students in his house happy. “Of course he is Miss Braeburn and I’m sure you know where his office is, should you ever need to speak with him” he smiled at her before moving over to look at the trophies in the cabinet, taking note of the service to the school awards.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 24, 2015 18:19:51 GMT -5

"Of course I do! I love them, my favourite is Lion King." Cadence gushed excitedly. "Which ones have you seen? Do you like them?" She inquired, grinning brightly. When her head of house said that she knew where to find him if she needed up, she stared at him thoughtfully, "I do. But I may get lost." She pointed out with a small smile.

When he walked off and began looking at the trophies, Cadence trotted along behind him, like a shadow. "Do you have an award here?" Cadence asked when she saw him looking at the Service to the School awards.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2015 18:41:43 GMT -5

The professor grinned as she spoke of the Lion King being her favourite Disney film. He had seen it once, a long time ago now but still remembered the story and some of the songs from the movie. “I’ve seen a couple, my favourite is Pocahontas” he replied. It was one of the few animated movies he had seen more than once. “I don’t watch them much now but when I was younger I did” he added. Living in Muggle London had helped in that. “You can find my office on the first floor but from time to time I visit the common room to see what my lions are up to” he informed her with a smirk, half warning her and half joking.

He saw the service to the school award given to Harry Potter and looked at her and shook his head. “No I wasn’t that great” he chuckled. “ But I did play on the house team” he smiled as he pointed out the year Gryffindor won back in 2000 on the plaque in the display cabinet next to them.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2015 19:51:34 GMT -5

Cadence listened to her teacher and smiled, "Pocahontas is a good film." She agreed with a small nod, "First floor. Or in the common room." She echoed thoughtfully. "I think I can manage that." She grinned, "But I still may accidentally get lost." She smirked, "And then run far away. Ezekiel has told me a few secret passages that help me get from different parts of the Castle."

Cadence continued to shadow Professor Copeland and peered at the service to the school award for the famous Harry Potter and she tilted her head to one side thoughtfully. She trotted over to her teacher again when he pointed to the plaque for Gryffindor winning the Quidditch finals. "Do you think we'll win this year?" She asked curiously, she hadn't actually been to any matches but she did root for Gryffindor, obviously.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2015 23:23:00 GMT -5

The man nodded along as the first year confirmed by speaking out where he could be found should she need him for any reason. Since this wasn’t his first year at the school Samuel knew that students passed down information to those in the younger years. Of course he had been in their shoes during his years as a student but during a battle it had been proven to be very necessary. The charms professor just wished the information that was handed around was directed towards their studies and not at their desire to cause trouble. The man’s eyebrows shot up faster than a Thestral mid-flight at Cadence’s mention of running away. From her tone it wasn’t easy to miss that she was kidding about it, well he hoped she was. “You mean get lost on purpose? And why would you want to run far away, is something else the matter?” he asked, his tone conveying (hopefully) his concern. The man made a mental note to speak to Mister Fehu in the near future.

Samuel looked at Cadence then back at the plaque. He thought of the last games he had attended with Gryffindor playing, of course he did attend all games no matter if the other houses were playing. “I’d like to think we have a fair chance of winning” he answered rather diplomatically. “Have you not been to a game yet?”