Between the Words

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 21, 2015 17:02:42 GMT -5

“Oh dear, that child has a long seventeen years ahead of them,” Lenora chuckled, remembering her own siblings. Coming from a large family, they all had a habit of picking on each other, teasing whenever they saw it was appropriate. When her mother remarried, and more kids joined the family, it was like the age groups partnered up together, picking on the other age groups. She wasn’t certain how the adults managed to deal with that, other than just letting the kids bicker it out until the parties went to sleep, she supposed. Lenora couldn’t help but chuckle, trying to envision the poor child with the green skin. “I envision that the other sister will be soon returning with the green skin as payback,” the redhead grinned. “A dragon burn? Not sure I would ever want to work with dragons,” Lenora replied, her eyes widening in amazement. “You know, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a real dragon,” she mused, before nodding affirmatively. No, she definitely would have remembered had she run into a dragon.

“That’s very true, though I’m sure the Head of House would be willing to just send them all away. I’m certain they’d age that poor soul rather quickly,” she grinned. “My siblings aren’t bad; they’re just awfully protective of each other…and quite frankly, would probably get sick of being in the same house.” She contemplated the woman’s words before responding. “Well, I suppose the hat just saw something in you that you haven’t yet discovered, which is exciting!” the redhead encouraged. “I suppose if I were having my first child, I might be overwhelmed. I would hope someone would knock some sense into me though if I start going a bit off my rockers.”

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 25, 2015 23:20:01 GMT -5

Alex nodded in agreement, it would definitely be a very long seventeen years for the new baby. “Yeah, I don’t envy them. You know I don’t recall ever going through any of this with my siblings” she mused, she would have to clarify that with her parents but she was sure neither she nor any of her siblings had ever been another colour at least not when they were younger. There been a moment when Ethan was in his third year when his hands had turned blue or green in potions class as a result of him not paying attention to the professor. Thankfully he now had a sister who was a healer in case something of that nature happened again. “You could be right Lenora, if she does I’ll be sure to Owl you” the brunette winked. At least now she had someone else to share funny scenarios she came across at work with. “Yes a dragon burn, but it’s not first one I’ve dealt with, some Gryffindors like to prove their bravery even beyond their years at school” she replied rolling her eyes followed by a light chuckle. She really was fond of Ryder and knew she had to work out her feelings for him, but all in due time. “I think you would remember if you ever encountered a dragon; I know I would surely recall something like that” she laughed. For now Alex was just happy living that kind of life vicariously through Ryder.

The healer laughed at Lenora’s suggestion of a head of house aging prematurely if her sibling drove her crazy. She knew it was definitely no laughing matter, having worked with many people in that sort of circumstance but it was just an amusing thought for her. “I don’t think the headmistress would be too impressed if that were to happen” she commented. “I know what it’s like to be in the same house as all your siblings though luckily for us we weren’t all at Hogwarts at the same time” she smiled back. Her sister had joked that the sorting hat had considered putting her in Slytherin and at times Alexandra could see why. "What house were you in?" she asked realising that they had been talking for some time now and hadn't asked the obvious question. The brunette grinned back “I think so, I only became more braver or confident once I graduated but when you work as a healer you have to be”. Having seen many first time mothers she could wholeheartedly agree with the red head. Many witches panicked not knowing how to care for their baby. “You know now that you mention it, there might be a need for something like that in magical world, I mean if muggles have counsellors and classes for that, why couldn’t witches and wizards?” Of course she knew their reluctance to take care of their child might go beyond that, but either of those would be  start.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 28, 2015 22:54:45 GMT -5

“No sibling rivalry at all? No arguments? No messing with each other in teasing manner?” Lenora shot out inquisitively. All of her siblings enjoyed picking on each other, torturing each other, as her mother called it. “Are you all close in age?” she asked curiously, wondering if that was perhaps why there was none of that rivalry. “Oh, please do,” she grinned widely at the statement, knowing that the sister would soon be arriving. “Blasted Gryffindors,”the redhead stated, mocking disappointment as she shook her head, a smile appearing shortly after. “Yes, I think I feel much safer simply learning about dragons than caring to see one,” Lenora agree.

“No, I can’t imagine the headmistress being pleased by that at all,” she agreed with a firm nod. “All in the same house…perhaps that had a large reason why no one changed the color of the other…all similar personalities, maybe…if that’s how the hat works,” she grinned happily. “I was in Hufflepuff…true puff through and through,” she stated proudly, knowing that Hufflepuff really was the most overlooked house that had existed. “Yes, I’m quite certain I would become rather queasy if I had to deal with anything medical with blood involved,” Lenora explained sheepishly. “That’s very true. Muggles have advanced in some areas that the magical world is a bit slow on…that would be something that would definitely be interesting to develop, good idea,” Lenora smiled brightly, wondering why it hadn’t been a thing yet.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 2, 2015 18:44:34 GMT -5

The brunette tried to think why her siblings hadn’t fought that much when they were kids. Well they had been a fair bit of sibling rivalry but that had come out more so when they were teenagers. “Actually I think my brothers were typical boys and got into fights a lot” she said recalling some pretty memorable occurrences of those. “We’re even spread out, Andrew is 27, I’m 24, then Ethan is 22 and Melody is 20” she answered, when she listed out the her and her siblings ages like that it did seem rather long, next time she would just answer with a short ‘yes’ or no. Alex would be sure to remember to send a letter to Lenora, sharing the funny cases she came across, well that and to see how the redhead was doing. “You’re lucky I’m not offended by that statement” she said dropping her jaw as she pretended to be offended before chuckling. “Me too, I’d much rather Ryder rattle off stories than actually drag me to a reserve somewhere” Alex summed up.

The healer remembered that the Gryffindor head of house at the time had sent many letters home to her parents about the trouble that her brothers go up to, namely Ethan, who seemed to seek out trouble where he went. “Oh gosh I can’t imagine what would have happened if any my siblings had had the colour of their skin changed” well perhaps if that had happened Alex wouldn’t get so shocked with some of the cases of sibling rivalry she saw at work. “I had some good friends who were also badgers” she responded, those friends had been a rather surprising sort of bunch. “You get used to after the first year” Alex shrugged in reply to Lenora’s comment about being queasy at the sight of blood. At the beginning of her healer training she would have to look away or pretend the blood was something else but after 12 months it didn’t bother her, she supposed seeing some gruesome things at work made her rather desensitized.

Smiling back at the redhead Alex let her mind wander off momentarily, should easily speak to her supervisors about such an idea, after all St Mungo’s was the leading hospital in Europe if not the whole magical world so it made sense that they would have such a program. The brunette wasn’t aware of any other wizarding hospitals around the world that had such a thing. “I’ll have to speak to the other healers at St Mungo’s and see if they like the idea or not” Alex concluded.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 3, 2015 7:29:33 GMT -5

Lenora smiled as Alex talked about her siblings briefly, knowing all too well that boys seemed to always get into their spats. Maybe she was just imagining it, but she really couldn’t remember any of her female siblings getting into all that many fights. Of course, Lenora had been the oldest and had taken it upon herself to be the peacemaker of the siblings, wanting everyone to get along well. It had been tough at first to combine split families, but it had worked for them well. Luckily, not too much drama was seen, though it certainly was awkward when they had their first meeting as siblings. They had been forced into having fun together until eventually, it actually was fun and they did it willingly. “Boys will be boys,” Lenora laughed, shaking her head lightly. “Wow, you really are all evenly spread out. Do you wish that you were closer in age or do you think that works?” she asked curiously. “Hey, reputations exist for a reason,” the redhead defended, laughing.

“Well, that’s because we’re a loyal bunch,” Lenora stated proudly before laughing. She really did love her house and was thankful that the hat had placed her there. “I’ll take your word on it, but I think I’d still prefer to keep my distance,” she mused, smiling. That simply wasn’t for her and if it would be eventually, she would still rather stay where she was. “Well, if ever you need someone to give them the point of view of someone who works with these mothers and then their children, just stop by the home. I’m nearly always there or will be just a floo away,” she stated. If the hospital could have such a program, that would simply be wonderful and definitely something she would advocate for.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 8, 2015 18:46:24 GMT -5

Alex loved her siblings more than anything really, sure they had fought rampantly as teenagers but they had a lot of fun together and had been there for each other which really what was most important. Sure they all had differing personalities but maybe that was why they got along so well, why didn’t disagree too much as adults. Even though they had their own individual lives, jobs and lived away from home nowadays when they got together it as if they had never been apart. Alex realised that of course their regular correspondence with each other did also help with that. “Yes, thankfully they’ve both grown out of it now…..I hope” she smiled lightly, though with the impending birth of her niece she knew both Andrew and Ethan would both compete to entertain her but still band together to protect her. “Yeah our parents are great at planning it out like that” Alexandra chuckled, wondering if that had actually been the case with her and her sibling or if it was simply coincidence. “I’m not actually sure, being two or three years apart in age just works well for us” she shrugged smiling. “Hey, I know that I grew up with Typical Gryffindors, I just simply didn’t follow that reputation” she conceded

“Most definitely but really puffs are also the most underestimated house” the healer commented, Lenora most likely agreed with that. Alex laughed as the redhead spoke of steering clear of blood where she could. “Well just send any cases you can’t handle at the home over to me” she offered. Alex didn’t fight the broad smile that graced her face at Lenora’s offer. “Thank you so much I’ll definitely take you up on that” the brunette confirmed.

Alex noted the time on her watch and decided she should probably head off. “Shoot, Lenora, I should head off, it was so nice to meet you, I’ll be sure to owl you or drop by the home soon” she smiled as she stood up. She gave the redhead a quick wave, returned the cookbook to the shelf and left the shop.

**END OF THREAD**