Talking to a Stranger

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 22:48:27 GMT -5

As the Gryffindor boy spoke of losing his sister, Caleb nodded along solemnly. He didn’t have siblings so he couldn’t imagine what it would be like to lose one but he knew it was a little different than losing a parent. “I’m sorry to hear that mate” he told him sincerely as he looked at Ezekiel. There was nothing else he felt was appropriate to say. What else could he say to anyone who lost someone so close, so recently? “I know it may not make a difference if I say this but it does get easier as time passes” he spoke honestly. Back when he was in second year he would often be late to classes because he had been crying over losing his mother but now as he neared the end of his sixth year he dealt with the pain and loss in other ways.

“Yeah Durmstrang” Caleb smiled back as the mood of the conversation brightened up. “And mate don’t ever use that accent again” the Hufflepuff said rolling his eyes. "But can you imagine going to school up there" I've only heard bad things"

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2015 10:41:36 GMT -5

Ezekiel gave Caleb a small smile when he said how it would get easier over time, "I'm glad." He admitted. The Gryffindor was silent for a few moments as he let his thoughts wander before her turned back to Caleb, "It's more Ruby who I'm worried about, I will manage eventually, but Ruby. She's weaker than me, mentally. It may take a lot longer for her." He explained to Caleb, "Have you ever met my sister?" He asked thoughtfully.

Ezekiel snorted when Caleb told him to never attempt a Durmstrang accent again, "Why? I think I'm very good at it." He replied with a wicked grin, "And I've not heard much about it, but I don't want to go anyway. It's always winter there and that's a big no no. I hate winter and snow." He admitted with a shiver as if to demonstrate, whilst he thought about it.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 5, 2015 0:03:36 GMT -5

Overtime Caleb had found out how to cope and adjust without his mother. He learnt how do stuff around the house, help his dad out when he could, he really wanted to become a man she would have been proud of. He was not ignorant, he knew it was completely different when someone lost a sibling to losing a parent, especially someone as young as Ezekiel’s sister but being an only child, he could hardly relate, which in his opinion sucked as he couldn’t offer the boy some more supportive words. “I haven’t met her, no” he shook his head. “ But she too will adapt following this tragedy. I was younger than you both when I lost my mum and as you get older you just…..I dunno…live through it mate” he said honestly, he really hated not being able to say something more meaningful to the boy.

Arching a blonde eyebrow at the lion Caleb asked. “Yeah, do all Gryffindors think they are great at everything?” he really didn’t know any to work out an answer to that on his own. “I don’t mind the snow, it’s just a hassle to fly it” the hufflepuff shrugged. Since learning to fly he had grown accustomed to flying in all sorts of conditions except snow, though being a keeper he didn’t need to fly around as much.