Animals!

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 24, 2015 18:34:37 GMT -5

"Possibly." Ruby agreed thoughtfully when he said about working with animals when she finished school. "And I'm in my fourth year, I look a little older than fifteen though." She admitted, twirling one of her curls around her finger and flushing a little, "I'm only a baby still." She chuckled, "What about you? You're older than me aren't you?" She didn't recognise him from any of her classes.
Ruby flushed a bright red when he teased her about her clumsiness and she stuck her tongue out childishly, "I'm the master of clumsiness." She said after a moment, and grinned at him.

"I'm sorry to hear that you can see them." Ruby said quietly, noticing that he shared the fact of witnessing death. "I like Defence against the Dark Arts and Transfiguration. I hate Potions and History of Magic though." Ruby replied, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "What about you? Do you have any other favourites?" She asked, becoming steadily more comfortable with Caleb.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 7:37:20 GMT -5

Going by what he had just witnessed with seeing how she interacted with the bird, Caleb honestly thought she could do very well working with animals later in life. He would admit that yes she did look slightly older than fifteen; he wouldn’t have guessed that she was only a fourth year. This made his question if that he found pretty was right or not but he didn’t see anything wrong with it or not. Looking at her he smiled as eh twirled her hair through her fingers. Heck! She looked cute just doing that. Maybe this was something he needed to ask Kiki about. But then again his best friend might tease him about it. “Yes I guess you do look older” he replied, sounding rather lame. “I’m in my sixth year, I turned seventeen at the end of January” Caleb answered her. “Yeah I saw that little display of your clumsiness” he told her with a smirk, referring to her tripping over the table earlier.

“I’m sorry to hear you can see them too, Ruby…..if you don’t mind me asking, who have you lost?” he asked her, speaking softly. She of course didn’t have to answer him. The boy nodded his head as she told him about what her favourite subjects were. “I doubt anyone enjoys history of magic, I use to spend that class catching up on other homework” he laughed, as he kept trying to lighten the mood. Caleb folded his arms and pretended to think of his answer. “Charms and Transfiguration and muggle studies but I am a muggleborn after all” he winked at her. This was new for Caleb and he was liking it more and more as the minutes passed.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 25, 2015 19:59:19 GMT -5

Ruby was surprised at Caleb's age, "You look older than that too." She pointed out with a smile. "Will next year be your last then?" She asked, kind of disappointed that she may only have a year being his friend, "You'd have to keep in contact. Same with over Summer." She said boldly, "I can give you my address so we can send owl mail... Only if you want to of course." She said sheepishly, bowing her head and causing some hair to fall in her face and hide quite how shy she was really feeling at the moment. When Caleb referred to her falling over again she giggled a little, "Maybe next time you should catch me if I fall." She teased, shooting him a grin.

"I lost my sister, over Easter." Ruby informed him when he asked, "It was a freak accident." She bit her lip and thought to those who had killed her an she felt a rush of hatred towards the Death Eaters that were still roaming free. "I can vouch that no one in Ravenclaw likes History of Magic and we normally love classes." She admitted, giggling a little again. When he winked after telling her his favourite classes she blushed again, "Muggle Studies is so easy though, but I am a half blood and my mother does love her muggle culture." She said thoughtfully.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 29, 2015 7:12:32 GMT -5

He had never considered himself to look older than seventeen; so when the redhead said he did, his eyes widened slightly before his expression relaxed. The blonde boy nodded. “Yes I’ll be in my seventh year next September” he smiled at her but noticed that looked a little saddened at that prospect. He chuckled accidentally, not meaning to offend her but her request for him to keep in touch was a little unexpected but wholly welcomed. “Of course I’ll keep in contact, over summer and when I finish” he promised her. He knew it was probably find someone two years younger than him so pretty but he would keep those thoughts to himself, for now anyway. A smirk fell on his face “Don’t worry Ruby, I’ll be there to catch you” he told her, speaking softly as he crossed his arms.

“I’m so sorry for you loss” he said, hoping his intention to be genuine came across clearly. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked as he walked over to her quickly and stood next to her, noticing that her demeanour changed slightly. Caleb wasn’t so confident around just anyone but something about Ruby brought out this rare streak, which kind of scared him a little. “Yes I know that you eagles love your classes but you know that there is more than classes at this school” he said, speaking from experience. “Oh I know it’s easy hence why I excel in it” Caleb stated smugly as he moved away from her slightly realising him standing next to her may be making her uncomfortable. “I’m a Muggleborn so it was the only culture I knew until I turned eleven, now I struggle between both of them” he sighed as he adjusted his tie.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 3, 2015 10:20:10 GMT -5

Ruby's grin brightened when Caleb promised to keep in contact with her over summer and even after he left, her grin soon became coy and her cheeks became as red as her hair when he promised to catch her if she fell again, a shiver spread through her and she gave a breathy laugh, "I hope you do." She replied, her voice equally soft and nervous.

The red head rubbed her eyes a little and cleared her throat nodding, "Yeah I'm fine." She murmured, dipping her head in a small nod, she chuckled a little when he told her that there was more than just classes, "Like breaking the rules?" She asked playfully. She felt a sudden cold feeling when Caleb moved away from her and she realised that his presence around her was warming her up, in more ways that one. She blushed as her mind wandered and she began to consider what would happen if she kissed him and the like. Ruby quickly scolded herself inwardly and dismissed her thoughts, "There are ways to balance both the muggle and Wizarding world though." She pointed out, this time speaking from experience herself. "I may be a half blood but there are still muggle things which are almost magical and magical things which I'm surprised muggles haven't done yet." She flattened her pleated school skirt as she spoke, after she felt it starting to twist a little from the way she was stood.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 7:45:55 GMT -5

An idea struck the boy as they discussed communicating via owl. That was all well and good but he was hoping to get out of the house more and he was certain his father wouldn’t want him cooped up at home too much. Caleb could have hung around with his muggle cousins in Southampton but he wanted to venture further than that. “Ah…..well I was…..” crap! Why is this so hard? “Well I was thinking to get a job this summer, so I might able to apparate to London if you live there?” he asked, hoping she did, most students from Hogwarts did live in there. Only he and a few others lived away from the capital. Keeping his tone still soft, he caught the nerves in her voice. “I’d much rather catch you than a Quaffle” however being the Hufflepuff keeper he was pretty good with catching anything.

Caleb watched her movements closely, wanting to be there for her as much as he possibly could since they were friends now. Well he assumed they were, since plans to write to each other had been made. He nodded she confirmed she was okay. The sixth year didn’t have a choice so he believed her. “I was referring to Quidditch but even us Badgers are capable of breaking the rules every so often” the blonde smiled slyly. Something told him she too was a rule breaker, even in some small way. “That is true, so tell me Ruby, what are some muggle things you like to do?” he asked with an amused smile on his features as he sat on one of the desks in the classroom as she adjusted her skirt.