Sun Sinking Down

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 26, 2015 21:14:59 GMT -5

At Zeke’s comment, Kiki let out a small giggle. She had always wanted to teach dancing in her spare time, but with only being home in the summers, it made it very hard to actually be able to start her own class. However, maybe teaching someone here at school could be just as fun as having a class full of muggle students. Besides, she wouldn’t mind spending more time with this Gryffindor boy. “Don’t worry. I’ll go easy on you with the teaching, but I am sure you’re a natural since you have some experience in dancing already.”

Normally, Kiki would just spend her summers playing basketball with her siblings and working on her choreography, but it sounded like this summer may be a little different. Kiki and Caleb had already agreed to meet up and play basketball a couple of times this summer and now Zeke was suggesting to spend time together this summer. Boy, dad is going to be happy that I am making friends, finally. Although, maybe not too thrilled that the friends are boys. “Sure, that sounds like fun. Where do you live?” Really distance didn’t matter when one was magic and had things like the floo network, but it was always a little easier when the two were closer. Maybe if they were closer, they could see each other more. Ugh, why am I thinking that?

There weren’t many moments that left Kiki speechless. She seemed to always have words. The expressive girl could write an eloquent monologue in a conversation if left to her own devices. However, her fellow fifth year’s comment about him holding onto her tightly had robbed her of her words. She imagined the boy wrapping his arms around her, and the idea seemed to intrigue her. In fact, the Hufflepuff found herself wanting that. Kiki could feel herself growing warm; she was pretty sure her face was flushed. “I… I… ha,” she choked out a half laugh and gave a smile at the boy knowing her face had to give her away. “I, uhm,” she paused to clear her throat. “I mean I think it may be kind of hard to fly that way,” she finally managed to get out. “But yes, ahem, I hope you do come next year.” And I also hope you don’t make me completely nervous.

Ezekiel took her pencil and began drawing a pig’s head on her page and she smiled. It was fitting, and he wasn’t half bad at drawing. “You are quite talented.” As he drew the two continued talking. He offered to teach her ballroom dancing sometime, and she almost jumped at the thought. Not only did she get to spend some time with her new friend, but she would get to learn a new type of dance. “Would you really? I would absolutely love to learn ballroom dancing!” He continued on mentioning Ruby and how they could be introduced at the end of the year ball, which sounded like a good plan. Naturally, Kiki being the outgoing, musical girl she was would be anywhere where there was dancing and people. “Well, I plan to be there, so I can definitely meet her there.”

When Ezekiel began to share the story of Iris, Kiki could feel her heart breaking for the boy and his family. She had never lost anyone, but she didn’t need to feel some sort of empathy for those that had. Kiki couldn’t imagine losing one of her siblings as the Gryffindor had. The Hufflepuff didn’t realize just how many people had been impacted by loss. Just recently, Caleb had told her about the passing of his mother, and her heart had went out to him just the same as it did with her new friend with her right now. Not sure how the boy would respond, she decided to risk it and placed her hand on his shoulder. “Zeke, I am so sorry. Truly, I am. I can’t imagine what that must have felt like… or what it still feels like. Sometimes life can be just so unfair, but I have a feeling she would want you to remember the good times you had with her. She sounds like she was such a sweet little girl.” Kiki had no idea if what she was saying was helping, but she hoped it was.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 28, 2015 14:57:42 GMT -5

Ezekiel smiled a little and shrugged dismissively, "We'll find out soon enough." He purred, now he was being pretty open with his flirting, Kiki hadn't run for the hills yet so he must be doing something right. "Just remember you can hold onto me if you feel nervous when dancing, I can guide you." He said with a crooked grin.

He finished his sketch and handed it back to Kiki, "It's not much. I'm sorry but still." Ezekiel gave her a sheepish smile and lay back in the grass, basking in the warmth of the sun. He rolled onto his side and propped himself up on his arm, staring up at her. "I live in London." He told her, "A little on the outskirts. A quaint little village which has a few Wizarding families living there." He told her. "But whenever we meet up we can always go into the city or Diagon Alley and wander around a bit, if you'd prefer that."

Ezekiel couldn't help but laugh when he left Kiki unable to create a coherant sentence, and the little blush that formed amused him even more, he cocked his head to one side and smile warmly at her, "You look cute when you blush." He said quietly, clearing his throat as he spoke. "I'll definitely come to the matches next year. I'll steal a Hufflepuff scarf." He said with a smile.
"Anyway yes, I'll teach you and you can meet Ruby. It'll be a good night, but I probably won't stay for long."

It took Ezekiel a while before he could look Kiki in the eye again after opening up about Iris, her words touched him and he managed a small smile for laying back on the grass, peering to his side at Kiki.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 30, 2015 17:19:37 GMT -5

The Gryffndor boy wasn’t necessarily being candid with his flirting, but Kiki didn’t mind. She interacted with everyone, but had never found herself really flirting or being interested in someone, so she figured it couldn’t hurt to give it a try. Ezekiel was rather attractive in her opinion. However, as this was her first introduction to the art of seduction, she was quite the beginner and found herself not knowing what to do or say, which made the whole interaction difficult. She wondered exactly how bad she was failing at the endeavor and wondered if she should just stop, but the boy stayed with her and kept charmin her. Even if she thought it would be better to leave, she couldn’t now, even if she tried.

It was bound to not get any easier for Kiki to figure out what to do. Her fellow fifth year had made a comment about how she could hold onto him if she became nervous while she was dancing. The Hufflepuff had to fight a laugh. She had been dancing for as long as she had been talking. T her, it was as natural as breathing. It would never make her feel anxious. If anything, it did the exact opposite. It calmed her and relaxed her. However, the thought of dancing wit Zeke oddly did make her nervous. She had danced with plenty of guys before, but never felt nervous. Maybe this was part of the whole “being interested in a guy thing.” Luckily, the brunette boy’s voice gave him away and let her know he was teasing her, but not in the way Caleb teases her. She decided to give this whole “flirting” thing an attempt. “Well, I don’t think I would be nervous, but I wouldn’t mind if you still let me hold onto you,” she said with a sly smile.

Taking her scrapbook, she examined the drawing Ezekiel had done and gave him a smile. “No, I love it! It’s cute,” she said sincerely before setting her scrapbook aside. She was a little taken aback that he laid down next to her and continued to look at her. She was suddenly unsure if she should lay down too or not, but she was afraid what kind of invitation or message that may send to her new friend. Instead, she stayed put, but looked back at him. He informed her that he lived in London and she perked up. “I live in London too,” she exclaimed as she placed her hand to her chest. By the sounds of it, meeting up wouldn’t be hard for them at all. “I am good with either, to be honest. Maybe you can even stop by the dance studio I go to and I could teach you hip hop there.” Plus, she loved showing people some of her dances that required more of a crew to pull off.

Of course a lot of their conversation had resulted in the poor fifth year Hufflepuff blushing. Naturally, when Ezekiel commented on it, it resulted in her blushing even more. She had no idea how to respond. The first thought was to hide, but that was not an option and very unlike the rather confident Hufflepuff. Why would she want to hide it if she was being complimented on it? Luckily she had a chance to redirect the conversation from her ever red cheeks. Kiki was a bit relieved to hear that he would come to her match and even wear some Hufflepuff gear. “I probably have a scarf you could borrow for when you come, but you better hope we aren’t playing Gryffindor, or your house will think you’re a traitor,” she said with a wink.

With what was said, by the sounds of it the two would be at the end of the year ball, and would even be sharing a dance together. Kiki certainly didn’t mind that. She liked dancing at the end of the year ball, but always found it to be a little lackluster as it wasn’t her preferred style of dancing. However, maybe now that she would be dancing with Zeke, it would be much more enjoyable. At least the thought alone seemed to make her happy enough. Her brow furrowed as he said something that caught her attention. “Wait, why wouldn’t you stay long at the ball?”

It took some time before the Gryffindor looked back at her. Kiki feared that she had upset him when in reality she had hoped to encourage him. However, he eventually looked at her with a smile. She smiled back, pulled her knees to her chest, and wrapped her arms around her knees. Perhaps there wasn’t much more left to say between the two on the matter and maybe she just needed to make herself available if he needed someone.