Sweet Run-In||Open

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 1, 2015 7:38:26 GMT -5

The wizard wondered what would have happened if had not come into the sweets shop this evening, would he have not run into Amaris or would he have run into her elsewhere. That was if they ever ended up in the same location again. Donovan could roughly estimate how many people frequented the shopping area and thus work out his probability of him running into her in anyone of the shops in Diagon Alley or if he was to venture into Knockturn alley. The latter of which was becoming more and more unlikely since he was a muggleborn, of course he could have made his visit a speedy one but even still. “Well then, maybe I’ll get some nerve and wander down to the pub again” he lied easily. For one, he wasn’t going down the Wyvern again and as a former Hufflepuff he sure didn’t possess any nerve whatsoever. And he was never that desperate for a drink, he still preferred muggle locales for that sort of thing. “What were you doing before that?” the wizard asked curiously. She of course was free to give the abridged version if she wanted, he wasn’t one to pry into someone’s life unless he felt the need to. “I see, well if helps in that regard” Donovan shrugged. He certainly wouldn’t want anyone he knew working there but it wasn’t like he was in any place to change Amaris’s mind. He merely nodded with a smile at her comment of them being neighbours. Sure their respective places of work were close by but he wouldn’t go as far as to say they were neighbours, for one the stark contrast between both alleys was easily visible.

Donovan nodded as he we was brought up to date on where her brother was at now and how he was doing. “Oh I had a feeling I had seen him in the ministry when I used to work there and I think I remember Gemma, the name rings a bell” he thought aloud, if he was correc she had been a former Slytherin but he couldn’t be too sure since he didn’t know all the people in the year above him. He wasn’t stupid, he knew she would never come by Quality Qudditch ever, he of course was joking, after all it was slightly awkward running into someone you had previously shagged after consuming copious amounts of Firewhiskey. Nevertheless he was glad she had at least gone through with his joke. “I see, well I just came in to grab some wands” he said pointing them out where they sat on the shelf. “It’s really the only magical candy I can tolerate since I grew up only knowing the muggle kind” he explained as he realised it was probably unnecessary to ramble on, she probably didn’t actually care to hear such information. “Amaris there’s no need to explain, I get it” he smiled, after all he had seen many girls in the muggle world dress in a similar fashion.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 2, 2015 19:15:53 GMT -5

If she didn’t have to be in Knockturn Alley, she wouldn’t—it was because of that, that she actually hated it when people visited her at work. This even included Dorian or Dylan, both of whom could obviously take care of themselves, and particularly Gemma when she ventured down there. Amaris really doubted that Dorian knew about that, and she didn’t want to be the reason that something bad happened to them down in the questionable alley. “Really, you don’t have to,” Amaris replied, laughing easily, “I wouldn’t recommend it, unless you’re really wanting some poor company.” The majority of the patrons had Dark Marks that they didn’t bother hiding, the rest still could have been Death Eaters, and if they weren’t, then they were just as dangerous in other ways more often than not. It wasn’t exactly a place she would recommend to anyone. “I traveled a bit—well, for a while actually,” Amaris answered, knowing that that was far too long of a story to get into when work was irritatingly waiting. “I live with Dorian, so I feel like I have to give him a bit of money,” she answered, wrinkling her nose. It was hardly as much as she’d like to be giving him, but his jobs could pay the rent without her help, so it was lucky that he accepted anything from her at all.

In comparison to Dorian, Amaris really did look like the Grant family fuck-up, even to an outsider that didn’t know the real reason why that was exceptionally accurate. He really did have his life well sorted out, surprisingly enough. They hadn’t been close in Hogwarts, but she had never expected him to actually keep a girlfriend for any extended period of time—let alone holding down two jobs and having an apartment in Diagon Alley. Her parents were probably pretty proud of all of that regardless of the fact that Amaris wasn’t sure how much Dorian spoke to them; she certainly didn’t at all… or, well, they didn’t talk to her. Dorian had taken her side on that, against her will clearly, and they really didn’t talk much about them. If she had her way, Dorian would be on good terms with their parents, even if that meant not talking to her. She didn’t want to be the reason that they weren’t speaking; it was just another reason to feel guilty. She shook her head slightly, focusing back in on the conversation. This wasn’t the bloody time for those thoughts. “Yes, well, that’s all that’s going on with him, though if I have my way he’ll drop one of those departments and stop bloody working so much,” she stated, shrugging. More specifically, he would drop working at the Beast Division, but that didn’t seem like the wisest specification to make at the current time. “Muggles do candy better, it’s just a damn fact,” Amaris replied, nodding. Muggle chocolate was bloody delicious, really, if she had to choose. She also thought that they did liquor better, but that was an entirely different story. “Sort of unofficial dress code for work,” she further explained, shrugging.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 6, 2015 6:47:32 GMT -5

For Donovan this certainly had been an…..interesting start to his evening. Heck, it wasn’t as if he was planning on running into someone who he knew back in his Hogwarts days on his venture out to buy some wizarding candy. Since he did stop by sweet shops in both worlds he wondered how many magical folk actually ate or had even tasted the muggle sort of candy. Of course he knew that muggleborns like himself had eaten it before, but he wondered about half-bloods and purebloods. He knew it was a bit ironic that he himself was working with the Dimitte for better conditions for the purebloods, but he wasn’t the only Muggleborn doing so and his sister was proud of him for doing so. “If I need company I may visit there” he told her with a single nod of his head. Of course he knew the company would be bad there no matter in what sense the witch had meant the word. The only exception to this ‘bad’ company would be her, of course. “It must have been nice to have travelled so much, were you gone for long?” he asked curiously. Something was telling him that he probably shouldn't ask any further questions about her travels, especially if she had work to get to. “That’s nice I suppose, you two can drive each other crazy” he laughed when she said she lived with Dorian. He couldn’t imagine what it would be like if he and Elisa lived together, they got along well enough but all siblings had their fights now and then.

The wizard couldn’t even imagine how awkward this was getting for Amaris, since they had previously had slept together and now they had run into each other with her dressed……..how she was. Donovan had faint memories from that night, but he shook his head soon after they come up, this wasn’t time or the place for them to re-emerge. It hadn't really come as a surprise to him that Dorian now worked two jobs, after all he had seemed the type who could pull it off. He arched a brow as she started talking about her brother dropping one of the departments he worked in. the man was going to ask why but remembered she had work to get to unlike him who could take his time getting home if he wanted to, even if he only lived in the alley. He also figured that he could ask what she meant by that if he saw her again. But something again told him the chances of that happening again were very slim. “Maybe he will one day” he said flatly before he picked up the sweets he had previously set down on the shelf near him. “That they do, I normally stock up when I go into the muggle world” he laughed. At her mention of work he thought it was probably let her continue on her way, not that he wanted, he could have happily talked to her for the entire evening but she had somewhere to be. Donovan looked at the counter noting that it now free before he looked to smile at the witch. “Now that I realised how late it is getting, I’ll let you head on to work, it was nice to see you again Amaris”

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jun 10, 2015 2:09:30 GMT -5

It was always awkward when she had to explain to someone that didn’t know the situation that she worked at the White Wyvern. Obviously, no one with an ounce of self-preservation would ever work in Knockturn Alley unless they had to; hell, most people she knew didn’t even go down the alley if they could help it. To the outside eye, there was no reason for a young and relatively attractive witch to be working in such an unsavory area. If they only bloody knew, she thought, as she belonged there just as much if not more than most people. “Well, I’ll keep the crazies at bay, then,” she said, jokingly, referring to the fact that she was far more used to the antics of the patrons of the pub than he more than likely was. “I was, actually. I started traveling right after graduation, and I only moved back last year.” Of course, there was the very brief time that she’d come back after being bitten by Greyback, but that return had only lasted a few days before she’d hightailed it back out of there upon her parents disowning her and wanting nothing more to do with her. “He’s really bloody excellent at driving me crazy, but I suppose I’m good at it as well,” she said, shaking her head at the thought. Their relationship now was a stark contrast to how it used to be, when they hadn’t been close at all. Them being close now might be the only good thing to come out of her being bitten, though she supposed it was sad that that had been what it took. Now, the only ways they really irritated each other was when they disagreed about different issues—like her drinking, and him coming to the bars and cutting her off and taking her home. Or, her working at the Wyvern, and him not bloody giving up on trying to change things at the Ministry. She supposed they did disagree on pretty much everything having to do with how she lived her life, but she really didn’t see any other way.

Seeing people from school was always a glaring reminder of how much her life had changed since then. Granted, she had barely known Donovan, only actually knowing him for one night, but it simply brought about memories of being back in school. Now, things were… relatively shitty, though she wasn’t one to ever outwardly complain about that. Clearly not to people who didn’t know, but not to Dorian, or their two close friends that did know—or, well, Dorian’s girlfriend and his friend, that had turned into her friends as well against her better judgment. All she wanted now was for Dorian to stop working two jobs trying to make things better for her when it was never going to happen. “Oh, he won’t,” Amaris said, shaking her head. To him, it would just sound like Dorian was a workaholic, when really the problem was that he would never leave the Beast Division while he still thought he could help her there. “Same, it’s absolutely necessary.” Amaris agreed, and she did enjoy going into the Muggle world on occasion, if only because it was a lot more relaxed there than it was in the Wizarding world at the current time. “Shit,” she muttered under her breath, realizing that he was right. They had been talking longer than she’d originally planned for and now she was definitely late. It wasn’t his fault, obviously, but her attempts at stalling had worked a little bit too well. “Right. I definitely should get going. Nice seeing you,” Amaris said, hurriedly, trying to calculate the possibility that her boss hadn’t yet noticed her absence. She was never late, but that certainly didn’t mean that he wasn’t going to be hard on her because of it, especially since he was well aware of how badly she needed this job. Smiling slightly, she took a step backwards before turning and heading toward the door.

-END OF THREAD-