132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Oct 5, 2018 9:56:05 GMT -5

The second year was the first time that the students could own a broomstick and could fly them outside of class. Well, that was in theory anyway, he knew from his one of his best friends, Henry, that another one of his best friends, @lizzy , was using a broomstick secretly in her first year. While he thought of them as his best friends, he knew that at least Henry didn’t feel the same way back to him. That did hurt him a bit. Dominic decided that he should ask her for help in flying and trying to get onto the Gryffindor Quidditch team. Of course, he could have asked his cousin Donald, the Ravenclaw seeker, but he felt a bit more comfortable asking Liz for help.

He was pretty impressed that Liz managed to smuggle a broom into school last year, he thought she was so awesome with doing that, Dom wished that he could have done something so daring and exciting. Sadly, it didn’t occur to him. He did wonder if his fellow Gryffindor ever had a chance to use actually to fly her broomstick last year. It would have been an incredible risk for both her and her big brother. Still, it was an awesome thing for her to do and would have got her into the realms of legend if more people knew about her successful smuggling of the broomstick. He made a mental note to ask her about how successful she was with being able to use her broom last year.

The little boy was interested, sort of, in joining the Quidditch team and felt that a bit of training would put him in the best position to being able to join the team. Dominic was not interested in any grand position like seeker or chaser or anything; he wanted to be a reserve. Well actually, he just wanted the experience of trying out for the team. The 12-year-old lad supposed that, if the youngster did join the team, it would probably be a reserved chaser or keeper. He didn’t want to be a beater; he didn’t think that he would have the heart to hit those poor bludgers. Most people didn’t know that 30% of all blungers were Stroopleedroops in disguise.

Dominic entered the quidditch pitch carrying a broomstick. It was a reasonably decent one, although not the top of the line newest broom, it wasn’t too old either. It was a good enough broom. He certainly wasn’t embarrassed by it. The Welsh Gryffindor waited for housemate to come and join him.  

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 1, 2018 18:27:24 GMT -5

[googlefont="Dancing Script:400"]
[attr="class","chocolate"]
[attr="class","sprinkles"]
[attr="class","orange"]Cecilia & the satellite
[attr="class","vanilla"]i'm the satellite and you're the sky
[attr="class","gummies"]Actually being able to play Quidditch without hiding was certainly the best part about second year. She wasn't the biggest fan of classes getting harder, but being able to fly was something that Lizzy was extremely passionate about. She loved flying more than anything in the world; everyone knew that about her. As soon as people met her she was bound to spit out at least seven different Quidditch facts at any possible time. It was something that was important to her, after all, so she was going to talk about it at any moment that she could. Quidditch and flying, that was what mainly went on in her brain. And being able to bring her gear and her broom had certainly made that simple fact a lot brighter in her mind. Not that she didn't do that the year before. She had begged Nick to bring her broom, and he had done so out familial obligation-- or because he knew how important it was for her. He was a prefect, too, and now he was Head Boy. She was sure that it was the only rule that he had ever broken. He wouldn't even use magic outside of school for her when she had broken her doll. Nope, he had sent her to their mother to fix that one.

She didn't really know (or care) why he did it. She had just known that she had to keep quiet about the whole thing. She knew that there were special circumstances, and while she didn't quite fit them, it was important to her to at least try to keep it a secret so that she didn't have to pretend like she really did. She just flew in secret, in classrooms that teachers didn't really go to, or at night when nobody else was around. It had been hard, really, to get out enough that people weren't going to catch her and yell at her. Hogsmeade weekends had been the best time for it, and then she had to fly behind the castle where people didn't really try to go. Difficult, but worth it. Lizzy had trained for years and she wasn't about to give up her entire life of Quidditch just because of some stupid rule. Speaking of that, she was planning on owling the Big Quidditch Witch so that she could demand a new and different rule. Maybe they just needed supervision. She should have been able to fly without being yelled at. It just wasn't fair this way.

It was already October, and Quidditch Try-Outs had come and gone. Thankfully, she had managed to make it on the team, even if it was Reserve. And she was glad to have made it that far. She was annoyed she wasn't first-string, of course, but that was the Young in her that was making her ambitious, and the Chu in her making her too stubborn to admit that she couldn't do it. She was still glad to even be there during practice, especially with Big Jones staring down at her and frowning every so often. She had asked Small Jones why her sister was like that, and Rory had just shrugged. Apparently, Clio was just Clio. Octavian was less scary, and so was Dario. But Lizzy still didn't know what to say to them, so she usually chattered endlessly or beamed whenever they deigned it important enough to speak to her.

She thought Big Jones was cool, in a scary way. She knew Quidditch people. She knew Demelza Robins and thought it was no big deal! Lizzy had told Dominic about it earlier in the week, when they were setting practice time during class. She thought it was super cool. She couldn't remember what her friend had said-- she had plowed ahead in excitement about flying around because they were allowed to. She was practically jumping, today, as she grabbed her broom and flung her way towards the pitch. She was a bit late, but she had gotten distracted. Her newest broom in hand (courtesy of Ah Ma), Lizzy ran across the grounds. As she got to the pitch, she stopped, panting. "Sorry, sorry!" she exclaimed, beaming. "I was talking to Little Jones!"

[attr="class","cherries"]#    | # 703  | # here we goooo
[attr="class","credz"]♕fai
[/div]

[newclass=".chocolate"]background-attachment:fixed;background-color:#000000;border:solid 1px #323232;width:450px;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sprinkles"]width:400px;height:228px;padding:5px;border:2px dashed #ca4545;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orange"]font-size:30px;font-family:Impact;text-align:center;padding-bottom:2px;margin-top:-14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ca4545;letter-spacing:3px;text-shadow:2px -2px 1px #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vanilla"]font-size:20px;font-family:Dancing Script;text-align:center;padding:5px;margin-top:-4px;text-transform:lowercase;color:#6f1c1c;letter-spacing:3px;text-style:oblique;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gummies"]font-family:Georgia;text-align:justify;width:420px;padding:5px;padding-top:5px;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:1px;color:white;text-transform:none;text-style:normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gummies b"]color:#ca4545;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cherries"]font-family:Georgia;text-align:center;width:420px;padding:10px;font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#6f1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz"]font-family:Permanent Marker;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Dominic Hywel Evans
Dominic Hywel Evans Avatar
Gryffindor
132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Nov 10, 2018 18:26:08 GMT -5

Dominic grinned when he saw Liz approach him. The young boy did really value the friendship that he shared with her. It was nice to have such a good friend in his own house. Sometimes the 12-year-old felt that he was very unwanted in Gryffindor, very unwelcome in Hogwarts sometimes. Maybe it was just him seeing things, or perhaps he was too loud for people he didn’t know. The Welsh lad didn’t want to upset or hurt anyone; all the second year wanted to do was to try and make people happy, to be friendly with people and to have fun. Sometimes he found it hard. He hoped that things would be better for him this year.

It was not something that the blonde boy wanted to dwell on for the moment though. He was on the quidditch pitch and was about to have a good time with his friend, and that is what was important right now. He wanted to have some fun flying with his friend, and hopefully, learn a few tips and tricks that might allow him to join the Gryffindor quidditch team. It wasn’t exactly a burning desire in him, he would be honest enough to admit that. However, he felt that it would be fun and it was something the young lad wanted to try out. If he enjoyed it, great, if not that would be fine too. Although the try-outs had already been, he wondered if he had actually missed the boat on this one, or if they would allow him on as a latecomer? Would Liz even know the answer to that? He could always ask her, or just try and find out for himself.

”It it it is okay” the hyperactive lad said happily to his friend when she said that she was sorry. He could understand it; little Jones could be quiet an interesting little dude to talk to he supposed. ”It it it it is good that that you are are hereee nooooww.” he exclaimed with a broad smile on his face,. It could be seen as a bit unnerving to someone who didn’t know him, but he was pretty sure that there was no danger of that with Elizabeth. ”It is is is so cool to o tot o be finally allowing to to to fly this year.” he wished that he had been able to do so last year, it was so lame that they could not fly. ”ooh ooh ooh, for for me anyway. I I I remember that that you got your older brother to to to smuggle in your broom stick. I I still think that was soooo cooool of of of him” the Welsh Gryffindor was being ever so slightly indiscreet in his excitement, it was probably lucky that there was no-one else around to pay any particular attention to their conversation.

The 2nd year was quite eager to get going with his practice with his butty. ”So...” he said holding ”...do do do you want to to to to start flying and and and helping me to to to maybe get onto the the team?” he asked eagerly ”ooh ooh ooh if we get onto the the the the team to to together we we we we would be teammates and and and that would be soooo cooool”

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 11, 2018 13:32:41 GMT -5

[attr="class","orange"]Flying Lions
[attr="class","gummies"]Lizzy thought that it would have been nice to have siblings that were all in Gryffindor with her, just like the Jones's. Clio had had her older brother before he graduated, and she also had her little sister. The downside, of course, was that people tended to speak of them in terms of which Jones, and Lizzy had heard that Medium Jones, being Clio, hated it. She didn't think that Rory minded, though, which is why she tended to keep it up. And Rory was nice company, anyway. A third year, smart, and she liked braiding hair. Lizzy had only recently discovered braiding, and Rory was nice enough to help her out with it. It certainly kept people from tugging on her hair during Quidditch, and she liked that sort of convenience.

She felt bad for being late, but she had been talking to another friend. She knew that Dommie would understand that. Besides, she didn't really do things on purpose, unless it was related to playing Quidditch. She didn't like being mean, and she never really planned on it. She wasn't like some of the other students that she had encountered in Hogwarts. Or like Nick and Amelia, constantly sending jabs towards people but smiling all the same. She definitely didn't like that part of it all. No, Lizzy was determined to try to be as nice as she could be to absolutely everyone.

"She was telling me about something that her sister said! You know, Clio. The scary older one. And braiding my hair. Do you like it?" At least with Dominic, she could continue chattering like nothing was bothering her at all. They both spoke a great deal, and although some people found it annoying, they enjoyed one another's company. And Lizzy liked that she didn't have to reign in her chatter to one more person. "How did you miss try-outs? They were a little while ago! But let's get practicing so that you can get better at flying. Soon, you'll be able to fly super fast."

[attr="class","cherries"]#    | # 338  | # here we goooo
[/div]

[newclass=".chocolate"]background-attachment:fixed;background-color:#000000;border:solid 1px #323232;width:450px;padding:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".sprinkles"]width:400px;height:228px;padding:5px;border:2px dashed #ca4545;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orange"]font-size:30px;font-family:Impact;text-align:center;padding-bottom:2px;margin-top:-14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ca4545;letter-spacing:3px;text-shadow:2px -2px 1px #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=".vanilla"]font-size:20px;font-family:Dancing Script;text-align:center;padding:5px;margin-top:-4px;text-transform:lowercase;color:#6f1c1c;letter-spacing:3px;text-style:oblique;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gummies"]font-family:Georgia;text-align:justify;width:420px;padding:5px;padding-top:5px;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:1px;color:white;text-transform:none;text-style:normal;[/newclass]
[newclass=".cherries"]font-family:Georgia;text-align:center;width:420px;padding:10px;font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#6f1c1c;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz"]font-family:Permanent Marker;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Dominic Hywel Evans
Gryffindor
132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Dec 30, 2018 18:37:32 GMT -5

Dominic was glad to be spending time with Elizabeth. She was so much fun in his opinion, and he considered her to be one of his best friends. Even if he had doubts that it was a reciprocal level of friendship. He liked her in any case. With Lizzie, Dominic could do things that he would not be able to with some of his other friends. She liked flying, and other fun things. That was the most important thing in his opinion, finding someone you like and enjoyed spending time with. Dominic was the sort of boy that enjoyed spending time with almost anyone.

Another great thing about being friends with Lizzie is that they could talk to each other and talk to each other a lot. Both the Gryffindors could be a very talkative, well not so much could be but were very chatty. If there was ever a talking contest, it had been frequently said that Dominic could talk for Wales. He wondered if Liz ever had a similar comment about her being able to talk about her own home country. She probably has been. Ooh ooh ooh maybe, at some point in the future the pair of them would end up in a talking competition against each other. That, in the blonde haired boy’s opinion, would be so cool.

”I I I do like it! It it it looks so nice. No-one has has has ever braided my hair” he wondered if boys actually do braid their hair? He didn’t see why they couldn’t but at the same time he wasn’t that interested in it anyway. ”but but but then it it it is not something that thatn I I I have ever asked for anyway and and and I think that I might struggle to to keep still enough to to to let it happen. Besides, that is how the the the Yelpals eggs could get into your har.But I I I am sure that yours are are safe. I mean they are are not being super itchy right?” he frowned at her with a bit of concern on his face. She would have to shave her entire head bald if she had yelpal eggs in them.

An aghast look crept on his face when she said he missed try-out “I diid?!?” how did he miss them? He must have been distracted by something? or maybe a Rimplskim faded his mind on the issue as a prank? It was most likely that the second year had gotten so lost in his own little world that he simply forgot about it. ”Aww, does that meant that I I II won't be be be allowed to to to join the the team now?” he sounded legitimately disappointed by it. Not that he had his heart set on it, just the thought of trying out sounded fun to him. He shrugged ”If not I I I guess that we can next year.” he supposed that it was no real biggie.

ooh ooh ooh I I I would love to fly super duper fast like my my my cousin, Donald, you know him right? He is the the the Ravenclaw seeker and and and is super talented at at flying. But don’t tell him that that I I I said that though. I don’t want him to to to to think that I go around telling everyone how good he he is at flying or or or anything really.” he thought that might weird his cousin out if he thought that. ”Anyway, ready? Can can we we go now?” without waiting for her to confim he mounted his broom and kicked off into the air. Tis is going to be fun Dom thought to himself.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 31, 2018 0:53:16 GMT -5

[attr="class","orange"]flying lions
[attr="class","gummies"]She was glad to have a good deal of friends, and not just a handful. That had been one of Lizzy's primary fears when she had gotten to England. She didn't want to have just one friend, she wanted to have a good deal. That meant more people to talk to-- and that she could start her own Quidditch team, just made up with friends. Upon arriving, she had really only known one person: Vza. She had met Vza at the park when she was supposed to be doing her school-work, and she had found a strong friend in the younger girl. She had written her quite often when she was in Singapore, and had kept her informed of everything that was happening with school. And close after Vza had come Henry, and then Carin through Amelia (back when Amelia was a person, not a dreadful robot that even Nicky didn't speak to. She supposed that she could consider Carin having been found through Atha, of course, but that also brought the suggestion of Nick-- who she still wasn't speaking to, and who she likely wouldn't speak to for decades.

Lizzy could talk a great deal, but she knew precisely when to keep her lips from flapping and when to keep anyone from speaking to her. And Nicky was getting absolutely nothing from her, nope. Did that make her talk every so slightly more when talking to others? Well, it was possible. Lizzy certainly didn't think that was the case. It was an option, and one that she thought Dominic would find sort of amusing. He was funny like that. Her first interactions with him, last year, had been about some sort of cucumber thing that would keep away... What was it again? Drats. She was a horrid friend; she ought to remember things like that. Lizzy spent three more seconds attempting to recall before giving up, and she smiled when Dominic talked about hair braids and a monster that could live in them. "Nope, not itchy," she promised. "And I don't think your hair's long enough to braid. Maybe if you grew it longer. Then you could use it like a curtain and it could be braided."

She felt bad that Dom had missed the tryouts. She probably should have gotten him on the day that they were, what with him usually daydreaming throughout classes... It was typical, so she should have expected it. But she was twelve, so she hadn't thought about that. She had been so excited to try out that she was only focused on herself. "I don't know. You'd have to ask one of the big people on the team. Like Octavian, or Clio, or Dario, or..." She was on the reserves, and she didn't quite know. She was really more concerned with bulking up-- just in case. They said she was too little. Well, maybe she could stretch herself out. She turned to say that to Dominic, but he was already up in the air. "Hey, wait up! Be careful!" she called after him, mounting her broom and kicking off a few beats later.

[attr="class","cherries"]#    | # 000  | # here we goooo

Dominic Hywel Evans
Gryffindor
132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Jan 4, 2019 18:34:28 GMT -5

Dominic nodded when Liz said that it was not itchy. ”That is a a a good sign” he confirmed to her in a reassuring voice. The little lad did not want his friend to worry about the possibility of Yelpals. A look of confusion spread about Dominic’s face. ”What like like lie I could grow it it it long enough to to to cover the the the windows?” even he could not see how that would work. He started to worry that Liz might have taken a bludger to the head during her Quidditch training or something. ”It it it it is not long enough?!?” he ran his hand through his hair, he supposed it was not that long really. ”Does it it it have to to to to be long?” he supposed that it did have to. His friend would not have said it otherwise.

The blonde haired lad frowned a bit. He was not sure that the older people on in his house liked him very much. He was still pretty sure that they found him to be annoying and loud. Still, maybe they would give him another chance in the new school year? He guessed it didn’t hurt to ask. ”I I I did talk to to Clio last year, she did seem to to to be nice….” he commented, but still sounded unsure ”And and and I guess that I I I don’t need to to to be on the team anyway. After all if if if Gryffindor plays Ravenclaw it it it it it might be a a bit awkward as I I I would sort of want Ravenclaw to to to win for for for for my cousin. Ooh ooh ooh, I I guess that I should want Hufflepuff to to to to win as well because my my my other cousin is is in that house, but she doesn’t like Quidditch. Then again I I supposed that I I I should also support Slytherin as as well as as as I I I guess that that they should not be left out. And and and I support Gryffindor too of of of course.”the 12-year-old said getting more and more enthused as he spoke.

After kicking off into the air, the young boy hoovered a fair bit off the ground ”Come come on slow coach” he teased his friend a bit. He was being a bit show-offy, but he knew that Liz was the superior flier to him and that she was being nice in trying to help him improve his skills, but that didn’t mean that a bit of friendly banter should be out of the question either. In his opinion, it was all in good fun.