Vice President of the Board of Directors for The Rising Phoenix Project

Wandless
Order of the Phoenix
played by Morgan
"So I can stand tall in a storm like a live oak tree."
options

Post by Hermione Jean Potter on Nov 13, 2018 22:36:08 GMT -5

Kingsley,

I'm sure by now, you've heard that we are back. My visit to the Ministry wasn't quite as subtle as I had originally planned, but desperate times call for... some form of action. The meeting was not all that productive but I didn't get arrested or killed, so in that respect we're going to call it a success. I did get her to agree to a second meeting though, and if you're willing, I would like for you to be there.

With this epidemic, and no cure in sight... we need the registration to end. We need bright minds back at work in the hospital and the Ministry, or learning at Hogwarts. We don't need them shunned to the Muggle world or working in the same menial jobs they've been stuck in for nearly two years. I can't say that this will work, but I think that she may just realize that the best way to find a cure and keep the government running is to have everyone working together. I think we may have a chance of making some chances, Kings, and you were Minister once before. You have insight that I think would be invaluable in this meeting.

I've already owled George -- since he's in charge of the Order, I figured he should be there if he wanted to be. I know that Andromeda will have at least two people there as well. I don't think she was planning on including anyone other than that.

If this is something that you want no part of, I understand. I promise you that I understand the risk and if you don't believe it's worth it, that's your choice. Please just let me know either way. It's Friday at 7 AM, at the Ministry.

If you want to meet up before then to talk, I'll be home.

I hope you've been well, Kings. I know it's been a long time.

Kingsley Shacklebolt
Kingsley Shacklebolt Avatar
Ravenclaw
78 posts
54 years old
Dean of Lufkin University
Adviser to the Minister
Member of the Wizengamot

Board Member for The Rising Phoenix Project
Attorney
Author

Lufkin University Alum
Order of the Phoenix
played by Jade
"The supreme quality of leadership is unquestionably integrity"
options

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt on Nov 13, 2018 23:30:16 GMT -5

Hermione,

It will come as no surprise to you that I have no shortage of things to say in regards to your decision to go to the Ministry of Magic alone. I will, however, curb my desire to lecture you for this recklessness as I must agree that some drastic action was needed. I am very glad both that you survived the incident and that your family has returned to the London. As we did once before, we need you again--and as always, I can be depended on to stand as an ally to you, the Order, and this nation.

I am honored you would reach out to me to join you. I will certainly be there on Friday morning. I only hope my experience and expertise can be valuable in this discussion. I am curious to know what it was like interacting with the Minister. I imagine her much changed. It is difficult to know whether the lot of us can garner any respect in that setting.

Do you have any knowledge of who will be joining her? I would expect her to surround herself with the women she has tapped as her advisors. Roma Avery-Warrington, Hesper Gamp-Burke, and Isolde Macmillan make up that group. Of those, I know Isolde well--she, as you may already be aware, serves as my assistant dean here at Lufkin. I can attest that Isolde is a reasonable woman. She is not one I would have thought a purist would take as council. The Avery is the only one I would believe to be hostile to us. The Gamp woman worked with me during my time as Minister; she seemed to truly be invested in bettering the lives of women. But it could have been a ruse. True natures can be very difficult to judge--as we have been well reminded with our current Minister.

I do think it would be wise to meet and discuss our strategy and desired outcomes prior to Friday. Perhaps tomorrow we could make a meal of it--me, Lee, you, and Harry. Lee and I will come by tomorrow evening.

Welcome home--you have been much missed.

Hermione Jean Potter
Hermione Jean Potter Avatar
Gryffindor
482 posts
39 years old
Assistant Director of The Rising Phoenix Project
Vice President of the Board of Directors for The Rising Phoenix Project

Wandless
Order of the Phoenix
played by Morgan
"So I can stand tall in a storm like a live oak tree."
options

Post by Hermione Jean Potter on Nov 14, 2018 11:46:08 GMT -5

14 November 2018
Morning

Kings,

Thank you for refraining from too much lecturing, at least in owl form. I’m sure you and Harry can talk all about how foolish of a choice that was at dinner tonight and Lee will probably have plenty to say as well. I recognized it was a risk, and I am glad that it didn’t end up with me in Azkaban or worse. But if it had, that might have rallied the Order, so maybe it was a win-win.

I’m glad that you’re willing to come with me. I have no doubt that your presence there will help me more than words can even say. The meeting was strange, to say the least. I scarcely recognized her as the person that we once thought that we knew so well. She seems entirely different, but she did agree to a second meeting — not that I’m getting my hopes up that that means there’s any part left in her that we would recognize.

I do know who will be joining her, actually. She has chosen to include only one of her advisors and it would be Isolde Macmillan, which I agree is definitely a better choice for us. I doubt we would have gotten much of anything done at all if it had been Roma Avery joining us. I know less about Hesper Gamp, but I figure she would have landed somewhere in the middle of those two. So certainly, Isolde is the better choice for us. She also decided to bring in the head of the department of justice, Olivia Graves. I know less of her, apart from the fact that her husband is a Death Eater, so I don’t know how helpful that will be.

Tonight night sounds good. Around seven?