132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on Jan 25, 2019 13:34:03 GMT -5

((OOC: I hope you do not mind me assuming that Dominic would have visited the hospital wing often enough to know that the matron is Welsh and speaks the language? If you do I will change it. Obvuously, I am typing it out in English rather than Welsh so everyone knows what is going on.))

((OOC: Dominic's outfit. But pink ))

Potions was always a dangerous subject, especially if you were someone who was easily distracted and more than a bit hyperactive. Nevertheless, Dominic loved potions, it was one of his favourite lessons. Well, of course, that could be said of most subjects in school. The young Gryffindor was someone that enjoyed almost every subject. Apart from History of Magic, which was very dull in his opinion, ad the dark arts, a subject that the blond haired boy found to be very scary. It was the only class that he truly dreaded doing and wished that he could just drop it. Sometimes, it gave him nightmares.

That, however, was the least of the worries of the 12-year-old now, his lack of concentration in potions had just lead to disaster for him. The Welsh Gryffindor was not paying attention during potions class and failed to follow his instructions correctly. This had led to the potion he was meant to be brewing exploding in his face and turning his entire body, head to toe, bright fluorescent pink. This caused the whole class to burst out laughing at him. Well, most of the class. He supposed that he should be grateful that the lesson was with Hufflepuffs, some of which were laughing but others were concerned about him, as well as some of his housemates.

Regardless, the laughter didn’t help his humiliation, and the painful stinging sensation that was now slowly sweeping over his body was causing him to tear up a bit. He fought hard not to start crying, but it was clear that Dominic was on the edge of doing so.

He attempted to rub the pinkness from his skin, but it wouldn’t go. It seemed to be stuck onto him. It was not that his skin had actually turned pink, but it seemed to be clinging onto him like some kind of paste that wasn’t coming off. At all. A bit of panic was starting to set him, his distress not being helped by the fact that he was being laughed at, or otherwise pestered by so many other people. While the hyperactive youngster didn’t usually mind being the centre of attention, this felt a bit different. It felt a lot more unpleasant and more upsetting than usual.

The Professor came over to the youngster and tutted. After telling off the lion cub for being so foolish, they sent Dominic to see the matron. Before his friends, Henry and Liz could offer to go with him, the Gryffindor lad told the teacher that he could go by himself. His pride was injured enough as it was and the last thing that the little lad wanted was to be humiliated even further if he started crying on the way to the hospital wing. And boy, did he feel like crying.

It was the combination of the pain that he was in, and the embarrassment he felt at being turned bright pink. He didn’t want to be with anyone, and he would rather just get cured. It was clear that the second year was not his usual happy go lucky self.

Dominic made his way to the hospital wing, wiping the tears from his eyes as he wandered in. ”Nurse” he spoke in the Welsh language to . The Welsh Gryffindor was a pretty frequent visitor to the hospital wing, given how he was a bit of a daredevil, so he knew that the nurse was a fellow Welsh person. Although he was only second language Welsh, unlike his cousins, his language skills were still solid. Dommie could still hold a decent conversation in Welsh ”…matron?” he called out again in Welsh, walking towards one of the beds. The youngster hoped that the nurse would come shortly. He really was starting to feel a bit sick from the pain, on top of everything else. Plus he didn’t want to be pink forever. The blond lad knew, just knew, that everyone now would be calling him pink boy. He was already dreading going back to the common room once he was cured. The poor second year would never live this down.

Asteria Greengrass
Asteria Greengrass Avatar
Slytherin
90 posts
36 years old
Matron
Herbologist
Potioneer

University of Bangor Alum
Hogwarts
played by Steph
"I have stars in my mouth—might you forgive me?"
options

Post by Asteria Greengrass on Mar 16, 2019 22:16:03 GMT -5

[googlefont=Charmonman:400][googlefont=Open Sans:400]
[attr="class","stephtable"]
[attr="class","imagez"]
[attr="class","title-astoria"]Pink Boy
[attr="class","subtitle-astoria"]Boys wear pink, girls wear blue
if you're neither, you do you
[attr="class","wordz-astoria"]
Sometimes students who did not have permission to fly were almost worse than those who did. And by almost worse, Asteria truly and deeply meant definitely worse. She would like to have thought that the fools were mostly in Gryffindor or perhaps even Hufflepuff, but that was mere House pride. A Slytherin student had decided they wanted to practice their flying to force a new tryout for some position, and decided to try diving. Of course, they'd impaled themself, and thanks to having been flying without approval of a professor, it had taken rather more time than Asteria would have liked for them to be found, as the student had barely had the sense to scream out of fear.

But the student had been taken care of, and their bedrest was easy. Not so simple was the student-- the bloody Ravenclaw who had swallowed nearly four hundred grams of Alihotsy leaves for 'an experiment'. The time-tested best way was to repeatedly prod at the belly with a rather pointed stout staff, which would have made her somewhat concerned about reports coming in if not for the fact that vomiting up the leaves would have simply made his symptoms worse.

Her title was called, and Asteria stopped the necessary prodding. The student seemed stable for the moment, and a check ensured that they were progressing well. The Alihotsy was moving well through their system, broken up into small pieces.

"Yes?" she responded in the same language. There were few enough students who could speak Welsh in Hogwarts, and Asteria was always pleased to converse in it when she had the chance. Tamara had never quite picked it up, much to Asteria's largely-absent presence during the years of language-learning, and it did sadden her that her daughter wouldn't learn it now. It was in her heritage, it would tie them together, yet that was precisely what Tamara didn't want with her. She was only a poor excuse for Anthony, after all, useful only in that she was at the school.

Of the few students who spoke Welsh well, there were fewer who would choose to speak it with her. Dominic Evans was one of the few, and his voice was familiar enough that she would have been able to identity it, even had he not spoken in their shared language. A bright, cheerful boy who meant well, often prone to accidents that would wind up with him visiting. "Pink used to be the color we wrapped baby boys in, you know. Closer to the manly color of red, which certainly fits enough for Llereurol." She gave a smile to him, gesturing to a bed. Potioneer she might be. . . but the pink was certainly a very creative accident, and assumptions were always a danger to make. "What were you attempting to brew today, young lad?"

[attr="class","tags-astoria"]☆ | also fully in welsh! | 472 words ☆
[attr="class","credz1"]❤fai
[newclass=".stephtable"]background-color:#000;width:420px;border:1px #323232;border-style:solid;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".imagez"]max-width:120px;max-height:120px;margin-right:240px;margin-top:25px;outline:2px grey double;padding:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".title-astoria"]width:215px;font-family:Charmonman;border-bottom:5px double #323232;font-size:20px;text-align:center;color:#0d98ba;line-height:90%;padding-bottom:5px;margin-top:-110px;margin-left:150px;text-transform:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=".subtitle-astoria"]width:175px;height:70px;overflow:auto;margin-top:8px;line-height:100%;padding:5px;text-align:center;font-size:12px;font-family:Open Sans;color:#0d98ba;margin-left:150px;padding-bottom:2px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-astoria"]text-align:justify;font-family:Georgia;font-size:11px;color:#dbdbdb;padding:10px;padding-top:15px;width:400px;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wordz-astoria b"]color:#0d98ba;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".tags-astoria"]width:400px;font-size:11px;font-family:Georgia;color:white;text-align:center;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".credz1"]font-family:Oswald;text-align:right;width:420px;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
Dominic Hywel Evans
Dominic Hywel Evans Avatar
Gryffindor
132 posts
12 years old
3rd Year
Gryffindor
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Dominic Hywel Evans on May 1, 2019 17:25:58 GMT -5

It was reassuring, in many ways, for Dominic to be communicated in Welsh. While it might not be his first language, it was pretty close to doing so. The 12-year-old was taught Welsh and English pretty much at the same time, but the language of his home was English. This was unlike his cousin. Donald and Amy, who were first language Welsh and spoke Welsh in the home. It was still a language that he felt comfortable using and one which helped him feel more at ease. He supposed it was the feeling of home he got from hearing Welsh.

It still didn’t distract from the stinging he was feeling all over his body. The second-year winced in pain a bit. ” Okay…” Dominic lad sounded a bit more subdued at the moment, it was very different from the boisterous, talkative and excitable little boy that he usually was. He didn’t really want a history lesson about what colours that they used to wrap baby boys in. The Gryffindor supposed that she was trying to make him feel better though.

He climbed up on the bed that she indicated and looked over towards Greengrass. Dominic wanted this to be all over as quickly as possible, and there was a sort of pleading in his eyes for the matron to make this stop and make him feel better. The youngster knew that the matron was good and believe that she could fix anything, he just wanted it to be all over soon.

” It it it was Swelling solution…” the Welsh wizard supposed that he should have been glad that the effect was to make him pink and stinging and not to make him swell up to heaven’s know what size. The situation he was in now was bad enough, imagine what might have happened if he had swollen up was not something that the 12-year-old wanted to think about. It was too unpleasant, even for his wild imagination.

”I I did something wrong somewhere and and and it blew up in in in my face, I I am not sure what I I did wrong…” a bit of stress and anxiety was entering into his voice, as tears swelled up in his eyes. It was all getting a bit too much for him ”…it it it is stinging a bit as well…” he said understating just how much it was stinging him. His tears betrayed this. Catching himself, he used his school robes to wipe the tears from his face and sniffled a bit in a vain attempt to stop any more coming. ” You can reverse it right? I I I I don’t want to to to to be pink forever” the thought of him having to spend the rest of his life as bright pink was rather horrific. It was at this point that he would probably make up a name of some fictional creator that he might look like, but he wasn’t in the mood to even do that. The 2nd year Gryffindor would just rather wallow a bit in self-pity.