Order of the Phoenix
played by Jade
"The supreme quality of leadership is unquestionably integrity"
options

Post by Kingsley Shacklebolt on May 13, 2019 17:45:18 GMT -5

May 2019 Order Meeting
Rising Phoenix Project Conference Room
Saturday, May 11th, 2019

Kingsley had been extremely busy of late. Since going back to the Ministry as one of Andromeda's advisors, he had been stretched thin. Lufkin was more work now, too, since Isolde was at Hogwarts--but he welcomed that change. No matter what it meant for his own work hours having her at Hogwarts was a good thing.

He had duties to the Order, he did not want to neglect, as well--which was why he had invited them to gather at The Rising Phoenix Project to discuss the events that transpired since their last meeting. The group tried to meet monthly, but when circumstance called for it, they gathered more frequently--or less, whatever was appropriate.

The wizard stood at the front of the large conference room at Rising Phoenix. He had greeted many of the members, even welcoming a few new faces. He had been unsurprised to see Adaline Potter joining them, but Draco Malfoy being present at Perenelle Flamel's side was a bit more unexpected. Perhaps it really shouldn't have been, since the pair had been together at the holiday party his lovely wife had curated...but he welcomed both the expected and unexpected alike. As long as the heart was true to the cause of safety and security for all, then they were welcome in the Order.

"If I can have everyone's attention, we can go ahead and get started." He gave a wide smile to the familiar crowd and waited as they took seats around the long table.  Silence fell over the group and Kingsley began to speak: "There is a lot to talk about this month. It seems prudent to first acknowledge the new faces in the room. We welcome you. I have no doubt that you understand the mission and purpose of this organization. We welcome all into our ranks who would be true to such a mission. Thank you for being here today."

Kingsley wanted to make sure that those interested in working with the Order knew they had a place here and would not be persecuted or be met with old prejudice. He believed in those in the room with him to be welcoming and open to the possibilities of who could be an ally. This wasn't war anymore. They didn't need to make enemies, they needed to mend bridges and find a way forward that could free the muggleborns and better wixen life for everyone.

"I am happy to acknowledge the suggestions made in the fall have materialized. We have made a considerable amount of headway in the Ministry--thanks to those willing to put aside differences and accept the potential danger to take positions alongside those we have long called enemy. It is a perilous and uncertain time that we face. I know that many in this room are still wary of the Minister. You can count me among your number. Andromeda was friend once and then enemy and now--I do not know what to call her, but I know she is acting on a daily basis as if the contributions the Order is making to the Ministry and the solution to the epidemic is meaningful and necessary.

You will have heard that Lucius Malfoy brought a measure before the Wizengamot that passed to begin paying the muggleborns. There was considerable support for the bill--more than I would have expected considering how the court has been stacked in the Death Eaters favor. This could speak to a shift in overall opinion and mindset among the purists. There are still a large number of light and neutral pureblood families that have seats on the court. I believe based on conversations with certain family heads--such as the Abbotts, my father, and others that support equality for all blood statuses. Legislation is in the drafting stage to overturn the muggleborn registration. With our new visitors, the ICW, I believe there will be additional support for this. 

Tentative investigations of the ICW delegates have shown a considerable number of those sent to the country are muggleborns. It would seem this is something of a statement from the ICW. The lead of their expedition---a Doctor Almeida has spoken to me on several occasions on the ICW's opposition to the registration. I believe with the additional pressure they will provide, plus the light and neutral representatives in the Wizengamot, we will be able to overturn the registration laws in the near future." Kingsley gave a brief pause to look around the room to gauge the reactions of the members. There was still more to share, but he didn't want to just stand up here and preach at them all for half an hour.

@ Order Members • 800 • outfit

@belinda

@ginny
@harry

@isaac
@isobel
@oralee
@penelope
@percy
@perenelle

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on May 30, 2019 20:52:24 GMT -5

Order Meeting
May 2019

Meetings were the one thing that kept them all together, as a whole. They were still pretty secretive about who they were as a hole, about the people that were there and they were working with. They didn't need to be exposed but there were some people who knew, and they were much like his children, they talked about them and some were even considering joining. It was why his daughter was coming along with him. It was probably not something that her mother would be pleased to see when she arrived, but Terrianne had claimed that this was something that she needed to do. She wanted to do something good, so he was supporting it, for now.

The most important thing to him was that his wife and kids were happy. That was all that he could ask for and he would do anything, risk everything to make it so. He was a man who had seen the worst and even lost family members due to war. He wasn't really willing to do so again, but Terri and Archie were adults now. They could make their own choices and would have to deal with the consequences. In one arm he had carried carrier that his granddaughter was asleep in, charms placed on it to ensure that she was not disturbed while she was sleeping and his other arm had been held out to his daughter.

He knew there would be some waves when it came to bringing her, but they needed new blood, the next generation of the Order. He sat beside Terrianne, his wife to his other side and listened quietly as Kingsley spoke. The ICW coming meant that they might have answers soon, they might have a way to make it through all of this finally. Penny might have her magic back. Though he doubted she would want to go back to Lufkin... it made him wonder what they might find the Ministry has been hiding.
tag: Order // words: 329 // OUTFIT
template by eliza @ TB THQ
Hermione Jean Potter
Hermione Jean Potter Avatar
Gryffindor
482 posts
39 years old
Assistant Director of The Rising Phoenix Project
Vice President of the Board of Directors for The Rising Phoenix Project

Wandless
Order of the Phoenix
played by Morgan
"So I can stand tall in a storm like a live oak tree."
options

Post by Hermione Jean Potter on Jun 24, 2019 21:46:48 GMT -5

[nospaces]

[attr="class","cbg"]
[attr="class","cbgtop"]
[attr="class","cimg"]
[attr="class","clbox"]
[attr="class","ctopline"]So I can stand tall in a storm
[attr="class","cscriptorder"]like a live oak tree
[attr="class","cline"]
[attr="class","clyrics"]No one in this world's gonna[break]
ever get the best of me

[break][break]
[attr="class","cbody"]LIt was not her first Order meeting since they had returned to London. Not by a longshot. With Kingsley at the head of the organization, it was of little surprise that it was ran so efficiently, and so it was also of little surprise to her that the group tried to meet once a month. So, this had not been her first meeting since they had returned to London. But it was one where they had a considerable amount to talk about, and she was looking forward to hearing what Kingsley had to say.
[break][break]
The arrival of the International Confederation of Wizards had a lot of people buzzing. And whispering. She was sure that there were those that had less-than-favorable opinions of the arrival—those that might think it meant an end to the registration, but Hermione thought that even those people had to see the benefit of a group of people there to also help with the epidemic. Professionals with medical backgrounds, with research backgrounds, and with magic—all of which would hopefully be a considerable help as far as a hunt for the cure went.
[break][break]
But she knew there was a chance that there was resistance. It was something that at least needed to be considered. There was a chance of Death Eater resistance, of purist resistance, resistance from anyone that would put the registration and keeping Muggleborns enslaved above a cure. As insane as that sounded, she was sure there were people among that score. And there were still Death Eaters and those with those beliefs that had not fallen sick from the epidemic, and they would likely put the continuance of the registration high up on their list of importance. Something that they would protect at all costs. Hermione knew there was still a risk of that.
[break][break]
She did still want to think that there were more people that wanted a cure, though. The fact that Lucius Malfoy’s initiative went through had to be proof of that, didn’t it? It was something that she had heard about before Kingsley had said it, but definitely something that could be considered good news. A step in the right direction. And the fact that Kingsley had talked to the lead on the team, and he wanted an end to the registration, boded well for them too. Andromeda would have to go against the ICW to keep the registration going—and she didn’t think the woman’s tendency toward self-interest and self-preservation would have her taking such a risk.
[break][break]
[attr="class","cnotes"]418 ● @ all ● outfit
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + ADOX 2.0

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.cbg]width:400px;background:#262626;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbgtop]width:400px;height:120px;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cimg]float:left;width:100px;height:100px;padding:10px;border:1px #aaa solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clbox]float:right;height:100px;margin:15px 5px auto auto;text-align:justify;width:257px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ctopline]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:2px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptorder]font-size:23px;margin-top:-3px;font-family:Dancing Script;color:#464694;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cscriptorder span]color:#ccc;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cline]height:1px;background-color:#888;margin:3px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.clyrics]font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cbody]font-family:verdana;color:#999;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cnotes]font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]