8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 25, 2017 11:32:18 GMT -5

GRYFFINDOR VS. RAVENCLAW QUIDDITCH MATCH
It's official, everyone! We are trying out our first Quidditch match with this new method, and seeing how it goes. For anyone who wasn't in Discord for the very long debate, we went over several ideas for Quidditch and most of our problems stemmed from how hard it can be keeping up with group threads, and how sometimes we can get a little wordy with our posts. For Quidditch, we are going to eliminate that problem by keeping it right to the point. Please don't post more than three hundred words in a post. You should only be having to write what your character needs to be doing, or what action they take. You can even make it as little as a sentence or two, that is absolutely fine. As long as we know the action your character is trying to take, then we're in business!

For example: Say your character is a Beater. You could post: Bob saw a Bludger flying his way, and taking a look around, he made the decision to swing back his bat, hitting the Bludger and sending it in Frank's direction.

Then I would come swooping in, using our player cards to calculate odds! Pretty much that would be me looking at how good of a Beater Bob is, compared to how good of a Chaser Frank is! I'd flip a coin and post the results on the thread. I would just say either: The coin landed on tails. The Bludger did not hit Frank, or The coin landed on heads. The Bludger did hit Frank. In the case of a hit, I would then flip the coin again based on Frank's skill. That would determine whether or not the hit was enough to make him drop the Quaffle, or fall off his broom, or pretty much just how bad of a hit it was. So then I'd add in: The coin then landed on heads, Frank dropped the Quaffle or The coin landed on tails, Frank kept possession of the Quaffle. So pretty much, most actions in the match will result in a coin flip!

But there are a few times that don't! If a Chaser throws the Quaffle to another Chaser on the team, they can catch it. No coin flip necessary. If someone tries to intercept the Quaffle from the other team though, there would be a coin flip to see if it's intercepted!

Feel free to use NPC players in your posts as well. If not all of the Chaser on the team are played, you can post that your character passed the Quaffle to one and then back if you want to. You can even post with your character saying an NPC tried to score and we'll flip the coin on that too! Utilize your players, it's totally fine!

Also, you don't need to wait for a coin flip to keep posting if you want to. For instance, maybe someone is waiting for me to flip a coin to see if a bludger hit someone. There is still another Bludger in play, there is still potentially a Quaffle somewhere else, the Seeker could still be looking for the snitch. No one has to wait on me posting rolling the dice, someone else can try to score, someone else can try to hit another bludger at someone else... feel free to keep it going like an actual match, where there would be plenty going on all at once.

I'm sorry because I feel like this explanation got a little long and complicated, but I don't think it will be complicated once we get the game going, and if you have any more questions feel free to let me know! But for now, let's get this started!

Weather at Hogwarts today is: 37 degrees F, 3 degrees C -- cloudy and windy, with a chance of rain/snow.

@aj, @freya, @zoee, @clio, @cody
@lasimir, @caerus, @kitten, @darthlumiya,

The players have taken the field. The bludgers and snitch have been released. And the game begins as the flying professor throws the Quaffle into the air...

A Chaser from each team can post to see who gets possession of the Quaffle first!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 12:53:17 GMT -5

When the Quaffle was released, Caerus shot toward it and tried to take possession of the ball for Ravenclaw.

Coin flip for possession!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 17:16:54 GMT -5

Shoots towards the Quaffle in an attempt to block Caerus from getting it. She smirked and winked at him to try and distract him with a small laugh.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 25, 2017 17:46:32 GMT -5

Coin Flip 1

Heads @caerus (Probability .6)
Tails @freya (Probability .4)

COIN LANDS ON HEADS, RAVENCLAW HAS POSSESSION

Beaters feel free to go after either team. Seekers feel free to post looking for the snitch!

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 17:48:57 GMT -5

Smirking at @freya in return, Caerus grabs the Quaffle, and with a laugh, flies out of the fray and toward the goals, Quaffle tucked securely under his arm.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 17:53:12 GMT -5

LJ watches as Caerus takes off with the Quaffle, grinning as they are off to a good start. Turning as the closest Bludger comes hurtling towards him, he hits it towards Freya in retaliation for her block, and to give his chasers room to work.

Coin flip for bludger connection!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 18:07:27 GMT -5

As Anne watches their captain take care of Freya, she flies after Nott, close enough to intervene in case a bludger is sent his way but not in the way of anybody passing. Playing defence isn’t her tbing, but she’ll follow the captain’s lead.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 25, 2017 18:12:02 GMT -5

Coin Flip 2

Heads Bludger Hits (Probability .6)
Tails Bludger Misses (Probability .4)

COIN LANDS ON HEADS, BLUDGER HITS @freya

Second Coin Flip will determine the severity of the hit!

Heads Severe Hit (Probability .6)
Tails Minor Hit (Probability .4)

COIN LANDS ON TAILS, MINOR HIT.

Donald Leonardo Westwood
Donald Leonardo Westwood Avatar
Ravenclaw
280 posts
14 years old
5th Year
Seeker
Ravenclaw
played by Geraint
""
options

Post by Donald Leonardo Westwood on Nov 25, 2017 18:13:52 GMT -5

Donald flew around the skies feeling slightly nervous as he tried to see if he could see the golden snitch. He always felt nervous before and during games but if and when he sees the snitch, that would be when the excitement would start. He concentrated hard on looking for the small ball, not letting anything else distract him.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Nov 25, 2017 18:16:20 GMT -5

Freya glared and licked her teeth before going after Nott, he wasn’t getting away that easy. She never saw the bludger coming and took the hit in her side, handing there for a moment before continuing after the Quaffle. Catching up to him she slammed into him and reached for the quaffle attempting to knock it free. 

for coin flip