staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jun 10, 2018 16:51:36 GMT -5

Not too much going on for June guys! Busy time of year for a lot of us in real life, but we’re throwing you guys a newsletter anyway, with all the information you’ll need for this month!

I. June Birthdays
II. June Events
III. June Free Character Group + Needs/Bans
IV. Lumos
V. Hogwarts Summer Holidays
VI. HOME Article
VII. Writing Challenge
VIII. University Changes
IX. Quidditch
X. Fun Facts

I. JUNE BIRTHDAYS

2nd → @perenelle
5th →
12th → @stargirl
12th → @ujin
13th → @shi
13th → @hal
14th →
14th →
15th → @dean
15th → @louis
16th → @juniper
16th → @sylvie
17th → @loraine
18th → @myrtle
18th → @rani
20th →
21st →
22nd → @remington
24th → @jesseb
24th → @oliver
25th → @caterinas
25th → @wallace
27th → @saoirse
28th → @lexi
30th → @aveline
30th → @brooke
30th → @jasper

II. JUNE EVENTS

June 3 - League Season begins
June 9 - Hogwarts Graduation
June 10 - League Matches
June 17 - League Matches
June 24 - League Matches
June 25 - World Cup matches begin

III. JUNE FREE CHARACTER GROUP + NEEDS/BANS

For this month, our needs are: Veela, Pyxis students and staff, and squibs!

There are no groups currently in danger, and we are still under our partial pureblood ban.

Our free app group for the month is Publication Employees.

As always, the full info will always be updated HERE!

IV. LUMOS

As some of you have seen already, this month’s site activity has been posted! It’s Bingo, only we’re calling it Lumos because I think I’m clever!

You can sign up RIGHT HERE! It’s pretty simple. You sign up, and I edit in your customized Lumos board. You have all month to try to get Lumos, but only the first three winners will get prizes. Doesn’t mean you can’t try after the fact — who knows, maybe we’re hoarding secret prizes for those late winners?

V. HOGWARTS SUMMER HOLIDAYS

The holidays started yesterday! That means that we have some information to give you guys, so listen up if you have Hogwarts students. If you don’t, feel free to ignore this section!

Firstly, all threads from Hogwarts have been moved to Threads to Finish — and don’t be alarmed that you can’t see Hogwarts. It has been hidden from everyone but Staff and Ghosts, because really… you don’t want to scroll through boards and boards of empty boards all summer! Much easier to hide it :)

Graduates have been added to the Alumni roster and made to be Unemployed! Feel free to use the Job Transfer Request form or the University Sign-Up sheet when they figure out what they are going to do! Just remember the basics, really — going to in-training positions first where applicable, reserve spots in Quidditch, (and for Quidditch, we will only be accepting one graduate going into a Division A team, one to a Division B team, and three other total students going pro), low level positions in the Ministry, etc.

All current students have been moved up a year so their years should all be updated! Feel free to give your students some summer job as well! Use your best judgment on that too — mostly just shop positions are open to students! If you can make a case for another job, feel free to talk to us about it though! The sign up for that is RIGHT HERE!

Term starts on September 1st, as you all know! And start making some incoming first years! The Sorting Ceremony is much more fun that way!

VI. HOME ARTICLES

As always, going to keep you guys updated on our news articles! We hope to have more of those for you guys in the future too. We recently had a new issue of HOME posted, that can be found RIGHT HERE.

(The best way to read it is to zoom in, or at least that’s what I’ve found on my computer! You can also right click it and open the image in a new tab. That makes it a lot bigger too)!

VII. WRITING CHALLENGE

As you all know, we are starting challenges every month, alternating between a development challenge and a writing challenge! This month, we have a writing challenge!

It’s right here! You get one sickle per entry, so get writing! It’s a great way to get to know our characters some more!

VIII. UNIVERSITY CHANGES

Some of you may have noticed some fiddling around with Lufkin University students today! That is because we are updating how we do university students! There’s obviously more than one university around, so ‘Lufkin pink’ as it’s been come to be known as, is now just for all university students. The job list has been updated accordingly with the schools we have now!

We will definitely be adding some more in the future and if you want to contribute feel free to let us know some school ideas! We think it’s a fun way to branch out for our university students and not just have them all going to one place!

The current schools that we have are: Lufkin University, Lig-na-Paiste Institute of Dragons (in Ireland), and University of Bangor (in Wales).

Hope you guys like! :)

IX. QUIDDITCH SEASON

A lot of you are very invested in Quidditch, which we adore! But in case any of you didn’t realize it, the league season started last Sunday!

You can keep up to date with Quidditch scores RIGHT HERE! We’ll do our best to always update it the day of the matches!

Also the World Cup matches begin later this month, so you’ll have to keep your eyes on those as well! As most of you know both England and Scotland have made it through into the next stage of the competition!

X. FUN FACTS

-Tori learned how to install insulation into a barn this week. Handy right?
-Morgan has gone through an entire box of tissues and her ears are currently SO STUFFY. Send soup and blankets and cupcakes pls.

That’s all, folks!