0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jul 24, 2018 19:52:29 GMT -5

Justin "Riddikuluxx" Forbes
23 - Male - Halfblood - 02/27/1995

Rapper & Magical Historian & Lufkin Alumni

Appearance and Personality
General Appearance: "I look like a freakin' beast, honestly. Ha, no. I actually look a lot like my mom, um, which is weird, right? Because the beard. But, yeah, I get the dark hair and blue eyes from her. Sort of my facial structure too, like I've got a big smile like her. It's cool, I like smiling a lot. I look pretty-- pretty chipper most of the time I'd say. Um, my hair is a lot curlier than hers though. My dad's the one with the curly hair and I got that from him. It doesn't really help that my hair is pretty long, like, I've been growing it out since, like, sixth year? Probably? Obviously, got the beard from my dad too, haha! Got the little beard-mustache combo thing happening for me. Totally cute, totally hip. You'll love it. Ha ummm yeah, I think I look...rad, kind of. I dress pretty rad. I like patterns. I wear them all the time. It's fun. My tattoos are fun too; I've got a lot of those. They all have meanings and, like, a purpose, y'know? But yeah, this is me! I look a lot like me. It's uncanny, actually."
Sexual Orientation: "I like girls, y'know? Women, actually, not girls. Totally not creepy that way."
Skills: Slayin Sick Beats, Son! Magical History Trivia, Does A Mean Keg Stand, Being Positive, Making Beats Out Of Anything, Rap Battling Brotha! Fencing, actually. Believe it or not. Being Patient. 
Weaknesses: Easily Attached, Playing Actual Instruments (He can, but he's no stand in for Fenix Rising haha), Doesn't Like Being Mean To People, His Ex, Filtering His Thoughts
Positive Personality Traits: Kind, Compassionate, Creative, Musical, Artistic, Patient, Easy Going, Go With The Flow, Humorous, Protective, Loyal
Negative Personality Traits: Can Be Somewhat Of A Pushover, Dismissive Of Things He's Not Interested In, Will Say What He Thinks, Not Terribly Driven
Hobbies and Interests: Music, Rapping, Researching History, Writing Books, Low Key Partying, Drinking, Getting Tattoos, Talking To Fans
Character History:
Justin was born in Bandera, Texas in February of 1995. He was the first born son, and only son, to Chuck and Dianne Forbes. Growing up there wasn't much to do in Bandera unless the rodeo was in town. That's right, the rodeo. Bandera, Texas is the cowboy capital of the world and one wouldn't exactly picture someone like Justin coming from that (especially now that he's a rapper!) but he did! The little mixed magic town he grew up in was always a little quirky and fun and it really shaped who he is today. That, and his family. His father was a halfblood who was born and raised in Bandera. He grew up to become a pediatric healer, though he swings between magic and no-maj folks. He was always pretty goofy, sort of had a Patch Adams kind of feel, and lets not forget he was a total Rap God! OK, maybe not a rap god exactly, but he had always been into the music. His mom on the other hand, was a full bore metal head. Dianne grew up with Metallica in her 8-track player and history in her heart, man. She moved to Bandera after graduation to work as a curator for a magical history museum. So from each of his parents he adopted a piece of himself. A rapping historian, son!

He was a pretty lonely kid for the first seven years of his life. There weren't many other kids in his neighborhood and he had no siblings so he spent the majority of his time perfecting his rhyming skills and learning about magical history from his mom. That was until Danielle was born. Danielle Grace Forbes was born on an early July morning and her presence into the world changed all of their lives forever. Justin's sister was born with an extra chromosome and a whole lot of extra heart. Her first few years of life were extremely hard for the family because of multiple other health problems the girl had but she fought through them all like a true warrior. Justin loved his sister dearly, still does, and he has always said that she was his greatest gift in life. She taught him what it meant to be strong, brave, and determined. 

When Justin got his invitation to Ilvermorny he had to be all of those things. He knew that his sister would likely never go but she wanted him to learn magic more than anything. When he arrived at the American school he was sorted into Thunderbird and wrote his sister constantly telling her about everything he was doing and learning. A lot of it was difficult for her to understand, having never done it herself, but history was something they both enjoyed. Justin's roots in magical history had always run deep but as the years went on it became a passion of his. He would spend much of his time researching magical histories from across the world and writing raps about them to sing to his sister. She always enjoyed it and it helped her learn.

As he grew so did she and she started becoming more independent, though her health was never the greatest. Justin started looking toward his future and figuring what he wanted to do with his life. He had always wanted to see the UK and Europe, those were always dreams of his, but he also wanted to stay close to Danielle. When his sixth year of school came to pass he started dating a girl named Janelle and he fell pretty hard for her. She was from Alabama, not too far from him in the grand scheme of things, and even over summer break he was able to spend quite a bit of time with her, and she with him. She almost seemed to love Danielle as much as he did and even at such a young age he thought maybe she was the one.

Seventh year came upon them quickly and they began looking at colleges together. He thought of attending Lufkin in the UK, but she had wanted to go to UCLA. There were magical programs there, though none for magical history. As much as it hurt him to think of not continuing down the historical path he agreed to apply with her. She was the one, right? His plans needed to fit around her. Over Easter break of their final year at Ilvermorny she had come to visit him; they had wanted to open their return letters from UCLA together and share in the excitement if they both were accepted. Justin had opened his letter to find he was accepted; she had opened hers to find that she was not. Danielle had laughed at her, said some hurtful things not that she truly knew they were hurtful, and in her embarrassed rage Janelle had went off and smacked Danielle right across the face. It was in that moment that Justin told her that they were done. He couldn't be with someone who would do that, not to his sister, especially when she didn't know any better.

Danielle felt sad that she had 'made him stop loving her' and all he could do was apologize to her over and over and over again. He couldn't believe that he'd have ever put her in a situation like that and he was ashamed to have been with someone who would do such a thing. The rest of the year went on pretty quickly despite his heart ache. He didn't know what to do anymore. Janelle had been the central focus of all his plans and now she wasn't in any of them. Justin didn't even want to go to UCLA but it had been the only place he had applied; what was he supposed to do? He decided to take the year off, help his mother out with the museum, spend time with Danielle before he made any final decisions. It was during one of those times that he spent with his sister that she told him what she thought he should do. 

"Just go to Lufkin, Justin. You'll be happy there! And you can teach me more songs when you come home."

He had mulled the idea over for a while before deciding that it was something he was going to do. He applied to attend Lufkin a year after his gap year and was accepted. So he had left the only home he had ever known in the hopes of finding happiness elsewhere. Not just any elsewhere, but the UK, a place he had always dreamed of living. For a couple of years he worked at a muggle coffee shop and attended school while barely making ends meet. He lived with a rowdy group of flatmates and they decided one night to take him to an open mic night. Justin thought it would be funny to let off some steam, blow people away with his 'mad rap skills'. He hadn't actually thought that anyone would have liked him! At the end of his first performance people were cheering, asking him to feature on their sound cloud, whatever else. He rolled with it not really caring where it went as long as it helped him pay his share of the rent.

Then one night he had been performing a talent scout had just so happened to be listening in. They approached him after the show and offered him a deal. At first he thought it was another joke, another sound cloud rapper who's idea of an album was something they recorded in the bathroom because it had 'bloody brilliant echo effects'. They set up a time and a place for him to meet and to his actual surprise it was a legitimate record label! Justin signed up with them and quickly began work on his very first real album in November of 2017. Justin somehow managed to juggle this and his final year at Lufkin. His album finally dropped in May and he graduated shortly after. He wasn't sure how well the whole music career was going to go for him but after his album hit stores they began selling pretty quickly. Before he knew it he was invited to the Razzmattazz Music Festival in Liverpool as an opening act. Everything started blowing up for him so quickly and by the end of the festival he had made a pretty solid name for himself. He's been enjoying the rest of summer while he's been playing shows and has plans to start another new album after he's done with his current tour.

Plots and Politics
What is your character’s stance on the recent takeover of the Ministry by Death Eaters?

"It is most definitely not good. Um, I can say that pretty definitively that it is-- it sucks, OK? There were a lot of sick dudes I knew who got snatched once the whole registration thing went down, like, I lost a pretty rad group of friends and it totally sucks. I hated it. I still hate it, actually. Like can we take a vote please? Get these guys out of office or something?"

Where did your character stand in the treatment of Death Eaters and their families under the late Minister Durant's rule? 

"Y'know what, I really wasn't aware of all that ish going down when I moved here-- um, from the US-- and if we knew it over there I think someone would have done something? Like in America we don't condone that, at allllll, so...yeah, I don't think it was right. But what they're doing now isn't right so-- y'know, what are ya gonna do?"

How was your character and their family affected by the reign and death of Voldemort?

"WHO? Ha, just kidding, I'm a history major lez-be-real, guys! But, um, no my family was nooot affected. Not in any direct way, at least. I mean I'm sure they heard about that whole thing as it went down, probably made them pretty uneasy? But, y'know, they're in the US and pretty safe from all those shenanigans, so, yeah. It didn't really affect us."

Family
Parents: Chuck (51) and Dianne (50) Forbes - "Mi familia! I seriously am so blessed to have these amazing parents. They are so, so supportive of everything I do and they're weird and great and I love them. Miss them like crazy all the time, we are so close. Well, not literally obviously I'm across the pond now, but in the heart man-- in the heart we are super close. They are super close too, twenty-six years of marriage, do you believe that? Unbelievable! Goals, guys. Goals."

Siblings: Danielle Grace Forbes<3 (16) - "My beautiful sister, Gracie, I love you! Um, she has down syndrome, but she is honestly one of the bravest girls I have ever met in my entire life. She is so strong and brave I-- I just love her, for real. Like she's amazing. It sucks that I had to miss her, um, her sixteenth birtday, but I'm gonna make it up to her. Somehow, for sure."

Children: "Bro I hope none, haha!"

Partner: "We all neeeed somebody to leaaaaan on. Unfortunuately I just have myself right now, it's cool, I'm making the most of it."

Other Relevant Family: "Is anyone really relevant?"

Family History:
Charles "Chuck" Forbes was born and raised in Bandera, Texas, just as his children were. He was born December of 1966 as the middle child in a family of five. He had always loved the city he grew up in and vowed to never leave it if he could help it. At Ilvermorny he was sorted into Wampus and got pretty into quodpot. He had always loved the sport but he was always more interested in healing. After graduation he was offered a position on the New York Quodpot team, though he declined. He decided instead to attend training for a healer position in San Antonio, Texas just about an hours drive from Bandera. Chuck stayed living in his beloved little town and couldn't help but notice when a new face moved to town.

Dianne Shultey had been born and raised in Hunstville, Alabama. She was born in April of 1968 as the only child to two muggle parents. When she received her invitation to Ilvermorny it had come as a great surprise to her family but they were supportive of her decision to attend. She was sorted into Thunderbird, just as Justin was, and was very interested in magical history as well as magizoology. As she grew her interest in magical creatures took a back seat to her love for history. After graduation she was offered a position as a curator for a magical history museum in Bandera, Texas and she jumped at the opportunity. Bandera, being the cowboy capital of the world, had more than just horse's and steers in their rodeos and she knew that she could strike two birds with one stone if she were to move there. She had been new to town when she met a local boy named Chuck.

The two began casually dating and found that they truly fancied each other's company. Two years after they had begun dating the two were married in a small but lovely wedding. They had decided to wait for Charles to finish his training before starting their venture into parenthood. Three years after their nuptials they welcomed their first and only son, Justin, into the world. For the longest time they could never imagine having another child having found a wonderful balance between the difficulties of having Justin as well as fulfilling careers for them both. Six years after the birth of their son they found out, by some miracle, that they were pregnant. Danielle Grace came into the world with a rocky start. She was early, had health complications that left her on a ventilator for quite some time, and was diagnosed immediately with Down Syndrome. 

Their second child certainly came into their world and shook things up but they loved her fiercely and watched as defeated every obstacle thrown her way. The Forbes family was finally complete when they were able to take their daughter home from the hospital nearly two months after her birth. From there the little family grew very close and when their son Justin left to attend school they were quite happy for him. Danielle remained at home, being taught by tutors. Time seemed to fly by them and before they knew it their son was leaving for the UK to start a new life for himself. His family is happy, especially Danielle, that he comes to visit very often.

Other: Justin doesn't like being called Justin, he'd rather be called Forbes if he knows someone personally. Otherwise he goes by his rap name, which can be shortened to Luxx. He also has a bit of a stuttering problem, but not like a s-s-stutter. More like-- like he has to repeat words a lot. Basically restarting every once in a while.

Mya
The brood, y'know:
@autumn @delia @ethan @jesse @jr  @kristina  @van

What is the status of this application?
Complete

Have you read the site plot, rules, and timeline?
Yes

How did you hear about Insurrection?
Well somebody told me

Play-By:
Austin Post (Malone)

Roleplay Sample
I can't even

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old