staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Aug 18, 2018 21:47:34 GMT -5

Sorry for the absolute lateness of this newsletter, guys! But better late than never, am I right? (I’m right). So, keep on reading and get some sort of delayed information about what’s going on around the site this month!

I. August Birthdays
II. August Events
III. August Free Character Group + Needs/Bans
IV. New Skin
V. Activity Check
VI. War of the Words
VII. Writing Challenge
VIII. Foreign School + Houses
IX. St. Mungo’s Gala

I. AUGUST BIRTHDAYS

2nd → @emily
2nd → @genevieve
4th → @van
5th → @pansy
6th → @malcolm
7th → @jayson
9th → @alaric
11th → @ginny
13th → @jesse
15th →
16th →
16th → @hadleyerixon
16th → @santiago
17th → @goyle
18th → @audrey
18th → @lizzy
18th →
21st → @eulalia
22nd → @percy
22nd → @tabby
23rd → @andi
23rd →
23rd → @genesis
26th →
28th → @olive
29th → @carlisle
29th → @lylasbisa
30th →
31st →

II. AUGUST EVENTS

5 August - League Matches
6 August - World Cup Semi-Finals
12 August - League Matches
13 August - World Cup Semi-Finals
17 August - St. Mungo’s First Annual Gala
19 August - League Matches
26 August - League Matches
27 August - World Cup Championship Match

III. AUGUST FREE CHARACTER GROUP + NEEDS/BANS

You all know by now that we have a free character group every month and I’d have to say that this one has been the most fun so far!

In case you have been living under a rock (I’m kidding, I’m kidding…), our free character group for this month are people in the music industry!

You have two more weeks to get in your apps for people in the music industry!

Also, current other ‘needs’ are: Squibs, Children, and Hogwarts staff!

And as you also all know, we still have our partial pureblood ban in effect! Just so you all know, at my last calculation, it’s at 28.7%, which is amazing! We’re doing good at getting that number down!

You can check all of that out RIGHT HERE as always!

IV. NEW SKIN

Since you all have eyes, I won’t say much about this (I’m kidding again. Wow, all the belated newsletter jokes)! But yes, we have a new skin! I hope you all absolutely adore it. I know I do!

Now if you don’t love it, that’s totally fine. All past skins are still accessible and will still be kept updated with moon phases, monthly winners, and ratios. So don’t feel bad if you want to keep a past skin up instead!

If you have any problems with the new skin, please let us know! Sometimes there are bugs and kinks that might not have been noticed in the installation! So, please let us know if you encounter any problems so that we can try to get it fixed! :)

V. ACTIVITY CHECK

Not much to say here, of course. Just another little reminder that this month is our activity check and anyone who doesn’t check in by the end of the month will have their accounts deleted!

So, check in there when you can — if you haven’t already! It’s RIGHT HERE!

VI. WAR OF THE WORDS

I know you are all enjoying War of the Words! Seriously guys, you are being so impressive it’s nuts! Not much to say here either, the result of the whole belated newsletter thing again!

But it’s never too late to sign up if you haven’t! You have until the end of the month to compete. All written words count toward it, including journals and owl mail!

It’s a close race, guys, so keep up the good work! Sign up here, if you still want in!

VII. WRITING CHALLENGE

I’m loving all of our monthly challenges now so I hope that you are too! This month we have another writing challenge, and you can still do that RIGHT HERE! You get cash money for every entry and it’s a great way to get to know your character a little better!

So, what are you waiting for?! Get in your writing challenges by the end of the month!

VIII. FOREIGN SCHOOLS + HOUSES

All right, lovelies, so most of you saw that we have made some houses for our foreign schools. You can find all of the information about those schools and their houses RIGHT HERE! We got done Beauxbatons and Mahoutokoro (and make sure you read about Mahoutokoro’s groups because it’s a different system than the housing system)!

And Celestina was amazing and did our Durmstrang houses for us! You can go RIGHT HERE to see who we need information from. We have a lot of Beauxbatons NPCs that still need claiming, and a few more for Mahoutokoro, but Durmstrang is all done! :)

IX. ST. MUNGO’S GALA

Yesterday was St. Mungo’s first official gala. Every donation will be going to building a new children’s research wing at the hospital. You can find all of the information for that RIGHT HERE but I’ll give you the gist!

You have to post on the donation page linked ON the above page to attend the party. No donation, no invite — apart from kids attending with parents or dates going with a date who donated, you get the gist!

And as much as we love events like these, please be realistic. This is definitely a big ticket event! So we will have no problem telling people if we think there’s no chance that a character would be able to make a donation big enough to attend. It’s not an insult by any means!

So just keep it realistic! :) The last thing we want to do is make someone delete a post because they sent someone who wouldn’t have the money to score an invite!

That is all, everyone! Sorry for the delayed information but I hope that you find it very informative!