birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Straight
occupation
Hogwarts Student
general appearance
"Я Ремников, мы все выглядим одинаково." Like all the Remnikov boys Dima is tall, athletically built, and has mostly dark features. His hair and brows are a dark brown color, his thick lashes are too. They bring a seriousness to his face that most boys his age don't have. If it weren't for his bubbly blue eyes he might actually look sort of intimidating, but their brightness only brings about a soft and friendly glow. Dima doesn't smile much with his teeth, in fact he hardly shows them at all even when he speaks. Merlin knows why, they are beautiful pearly white, but he says that a smile like that just looks wrong on his face. Probably something his serious, brooding older brothers taught him. When he is around his family he becomes more stoned face than he typically is. When they are not around he tends to often look contented and may even have a smirk. Of all his brothers he is the second tallest, next to Phief, at six-feet-three inches. Though he is thin he doesn't appear string-bean like with his height but he does look slightly awkward at times. "отец говорит, что я буду расти в него" As far as a sense of style goes he....well, he doesn't have one. He wears what he thinks looks nice and is comfortable. Some days that is a ripped pair of jeans and an old band tee, other days it's overalls and leather jackets. You never really know what you're going to get!

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Listed npc as ravenclaw
achievements
"I've managed to make it this long without any of my brothers killing me. Believe me, it's an achievement."
Quidditch: Reserve Beater (2016/17 & 2017/18)
Quidditch: Beater (This Year: 2018/19)
Arithmancy Club (2014/15 thru Present)
Dueling Club Leader (This Year: 2018/19)
Dueling Club (2014/15 thru Present)

university
"мы увидим" - He isn't quite sure what he wants to do with his future. Or what Phief is going to make him do. Oh goodness, he's rolling his eyes.
university major(s)
This is Major Tom to Ground Control
years attended
I'm stepping through the doo-ooo-ooorr! And I'm floating in the most peculiar way!

skills
Quidditch - Remnikov boys all seem to have this wonderful knack for quidditch and Dima is no exception. In fact, he's better than most of his brothers and has really taken to the Beater position.
Arithmancy - "Math is easy. Math is always a sure thing. The only uncertain variable is yourself." And trust me henny, this boy is no uncertain variable. He is quick as lightning with this skill and really anything involving mathematics.
Cat Light Reflexes - Is this a skill? Sure, why not! He's that kid who catches flies out of the air, or more importantly, smacking bludgers.
Dueling - All his life he's been learning the art of dueling and in school he was always first to jump in when asked to volunteer in class. He enjoys the quick paced strategy of it and only seems to get better with practice!
Time Management - Dima is naturally organized and that includes how he spends his time. He keeps a tight schedule what with sports and clubs and he doesn't often like to stray from it. He is most certainly a creature of habit, but with his crazy schedule it is necessary. So time management is a must!
Multilingual - Dima speaks many languages! He learned to speak both English and Russian since he was an infant but he also speaks Ukrainian and Kazakh.

weaknesses
His Brothers - He is one of four boys and a middle baby at that. His older brothers have stepped in to show him their ways and he's been entrusted with watching over his youngest brother. Dima has a hard time saying no to them or really even standing up for himself. His older brothers beliefs are a bit....extreme for his taste, but he can't help but want to give in to their demands.
Potions - Dima is great when it comes to quick thinking or quick results but potions? Ugh! It takes forever and he simply doesn't have the patience nor the attention span for such things.
Dark Arts - It's not that he's bad at them, quite the opposite. His problem is that he is fascinated by them. He has no interest in actually practicing them (unlike his older brothers) but he'd really like to learn more about them in the future.
Emotions - Dima is so conflicted all the time. His brothers want him to be one way but he feels himself torn and it brings about a lot of insecurities. He tries to be strong as much as he can be but there are times when it becomes too much for him.
positive traits
Active - "I like to be moving. Moving makes you feel productive, and that is always a good feeling."
Agreeable - "I am the middle child and the third son-- I don't get to disagree."
Clever - "My mind works fast as does my mouth at times."
Conscientious - "I want to do what is right. Sometimes what is right isn't always clear, but I try my best do follow my heart."
Efficient - "Run your life like a business and you will always achieve success."
Good-Natured - "I am not a bad guy! I swear!"
Organized - "It is important to have your shit together. Trust me."
Relaxed - "As busy as I am I don't really let it get to me. No stress, no bad vibes."
negative traits
Conformist - "Sometimes I try to just be another head in the crowd. I go along with things that maybe I shouldn't."
Cowardly - "Standing up for myself is not easy."
Fickle - "I don't know what I believe but I can tell you it depends on who I am standing next to."
Frivolous - "I have a hard time taking matters seriously, or rather feeling seriously about them."
Insecure - "I may be tall but that's as close to measuring up to my family as I am going to get."
Regimental - "Routine. Routine. Routine."
Resentful - "Sometimes I hate my father. Sometimes I hate my brothers. And sometimes I hate myself."
hobbies/interests
Quidditch - "If I could I would play all day."
Spending Time With Family - "As much as I complain, I really do love them."
Clubs - "Obviously."
Sudoku - "Numbers and strategy. It is a game made just for me."
Dark Arts - "I know I shouldn't want to learn more but my curiosity is insatiable."
accomplishments
Making the Quidditch Team
Becoming Leader of Dueling Club
"Keeping my brothers off my back."

character history
"Depending on who you ask I either come from a long and noble line or a blood traitor. In fact, if you ask my older brothers they will tell you it's both. My name is Dima Remnikov and I am the third born son to the blood traitor Alexi Remnikov. I was born on the 7th of October in London on a cold abysmal day. At this time my older brothers were just toddlers, three and two years old, and they were already much closer to each other than they were to me. And that is pretty much how it stayed my entire life. Alek and Phief, the iconic duo. Me? I like my place in the background. Growing up it was always clear that Phief ran the show. Maybe it was because he was first born or maybe it's just who he is but he made it pretty clear that our loyalties need to lie with him-- the first mistake of the family. 

See, our father destroyed his entire bloodline for us kids. Well, more like for my mum, Irene. They are still madly in love to this day and it's absolutely disgusting. The way our father wanted us raised was to be accepting of all people, no matter their magical status. Phief, well...he had other ideas. Growing up we had a set of books, twenty three exactly, detailing the Remnikov line for hundreds of years. My grandfather sent them to my father after Phief was born as a sort of fuck you, I suppose. The first time Phief had read the letter grandfather had sent with them, Merlin, I remember how upset he was. I think that was the first time he realized what he really was, what we all were. Mistakes. Unerasable mistakes that would always remain smeared in the back of that last book. It was then that Phief and Alek started obsessing about our heritage, and for a while I did too. Be it peer pressure or the fact that our history in Volgograd was actually pretty interesting, we read each and every one of those books. Hell, when Rurik was born in 2006 we would even read those books to him. Well, we'd try. Father always thought it was cute but what he didn't know was that those books were the dividing point between him and us.

Now, if you've ever met Phief you know he's a little bit of an extremist. Alek isn't much better and all I can say for myself is that I'm a lot more tame than those two. Still, I can see where they are coming from. Once Phief started school in 2010 Alek sort of took over us younger boys. He wanted to make sure all the work our eldest brother put in to convince us of our ill fates wasn't all for nothing in his absence. For one whole year I was actually close to Alek. We almost became what he and Phief always were. We were always brothers but for a while there we were friends too. Rurik...he was just too small then. He was always on mum's hip and we sort of left him be. As years do it passed quite quickly and before I knew it Alek and Phief were both off to school again. This time I was alone. Well, aside from Rurik. I tried my best to stay on my brothers side, I really did. I swore in every owl I sent them that school year that I was reading the books again. That I was aware how terrible my existence was and that I swore to one day fix it. My friend @emily tried to help me stay on that path. She had been raised properly by her grandparents, whom I still mourn to this day. I learned a lot from them, Phief learned more than any of us being so close to the late Lord Parker. Still, try as I might to see things their way I started wondering...what was the point?

I couldn't hate myself in the way my older brothers did. I couldn't really see why I had to, I mean-- I think I'm alright. And mum, she has her good qualities, even if she is a muggle. I was never really close with Emily's brother, he wasn't like us and he wasn't really my age, but I still learned a bit from him. @ezraparker was nice to me, something my brothers usually were not, and he made me see that maybe we could all be nice to each other? I don't know, it sounds like a bunch of hippie stuff now, but at the time it was really revolutionary to my young mind. I swear, I sent just as many owls to him as I did my brothers those two years I was left alone while they were all at Hogwarts. 

Finally my time came. I received my letter to Hogwarts and just like that I was in with my brothers again. All the owling I did with Ezra sort of went out the window my first few years and I started following in my brothers footsteps. Everything seemed to be back in good graces with them until my second year at Hogwarts. It was during the Halloween Feast that things changed for me that year. The feast started off so normal and no one had really seen what had happened coming. Still to this day I'm not sure how the fire began or who caused it, but it went through the hall so fast and everyone was screaming. Me included. A lot of people were burned, Phief and Alek included. As people started putting two and two together it was pretty evident what the pattern was for the attack. Purebloods, those with pure lineage, and those associated with Death Eaters. Phief and Alek were so damn proud it was almost sickening. It was like some sort of validation for them, like they were on the right path or something. Me, though, I didn't receive any burns and it made my brothers start to question my loyalty.

It was at that point that I started distancing myself from them. They seemed....crazy. I don't know. It almost seemed like being at Hogwarts and being in Slytherin only made them sink deeper into this purity stuff. I was starting to feel like there was a big difference between them and me. So I shied away from them and started joining clubs. Arithmancy Club, Dueling Club, eventually Quidditch as well. I just wanted to branch away from them and their ideals and just make my own way. I started making friends. Not just purist ones either! I was finally feeling like my own person and not just another Remnikov son. My brothers saw this and they tried everything to reel me back in. They would follow me around, frightening my friends, they would be breathing down my neck constantly. Needless to say I was relieved when Phief graduated after my fourth year. 

Fifth year I traded my eldest brother for my youngest. Little Rurik finally came to Hogwarts and it was actually quite a blessing. The boy is nothing like the others, he's kind, compassionate, caring. It is very evident who raised him, and it certainly wasn't Phief. In my eldest brother's absence Alek became almost reclusive. He was Phief's right hand man and all of a sudden he was a hand without a man! It was almost laughable, really, how attached he was to him. I tried to talk to him mutliple times last year before he graduated about Phief and the family books and...well, everything. I wanted to see if he was a true believer, like Phief, or if he was like me. He shut me out, of course, and told Phief about my lack of loyalty again. For the longest time it felt like they were scheming against me but nothing really came of it.

Last year was the year Alek graduated and Merlin knows how happy that made me. Over the summer I was grateful to be rid of him and Phief. Both of them were moved out, dealing with lives of their own, not prying into mine. It was nice. I have to say, though, I was quite surprised to hear that Phief was engaged at the beginning of summer. I had never pegged him for the type to get married. Because, well, he told me a thousand million times that he never ever would. And to a pureblood girl at that. It was a little odd. Then she got pregnant and Dad just...disappeared. Mum said he was off on business, she didn't seem to worried. He was gone a lot for training and things. But that was when we started hearing rumors about @bailey 's children being dad's and not Phief's. And it got me wondering.... Was dad really on business? Or was he hiding something? Even as I return to Hogwarts for my sixth year I still have no idea where he is or what he's doing. He's been on business for months now and I'm starting to worry. Maybe this is to be expected. Maybe father is at it again. Remnikov is, after all, the name of a known blood traitor."

parents
Alexi Remnikov (Born 1981) & Irene Felbottom (Born 1981)
siblings
@phief - First Born Son
Alek Remnikov -Second Born Son
Rurik Remnikov - Fourth Born Son
children
None As Of Yet
partner
None As Of Yet
other family
Maksim Vadim Remnikov - Paternal Grandfather --  Born November 1953; Pureblood; сенатор of Volgograd (1 of 3) 
Verochka Galina Remnikov (Baryshnikov) - Paternal Grandmother -- Born April 1955; Pureblood; леди of her house

Yana Anichka Kuznetsov (Remnikov) - Paternal Aunt -- Born 1978; Pureblood; леди of her house
Fedor Gavriil Kuznetsov - Paternal Uncle Through Marriage -- Born 1973; Pureblood; защитник (Equivalent of Auror in Volgograd)
Izak Matvey Kuzenetsov - Paternal Cousin(M) -- Born 1997; Pureblood; защитник in Training
Kvenika Aliz Kuzenetsov - Paternal Cousin(F) -- Born 1999; Pureblood; Publication
Mativa Galina Kuzenetsov - Paternal Cousin(F) -- Born 2003; Pureblood; Student at Koldovstoretz

Aniya Lyubov Chertok (Remnikov) - Paternal Aunt -- Born 1974; Pureblood; леди of her house, Potioneer
Oleg Efim Chertok - Paternal Uncle Through Marriage -- Born 1973; Pureblood; сенатор of Volgograd (2 of 3)
Jasha Maksim Chertok - Paternal Cousin(M) -- Born 1996; Pureblood; Potioneer, Apothecary Owner
Pushka Evgen Chertok - Paternal Cousin(M) -- Born 1999; Pureblood; Keeper for Gorodok Gargoyles

Kellen Brady Fellbottom - Maternal Grandfather -- Born 1962; Clock Maker
Aileen Fae Fellbottom (Walsh) - Maternal Grandmother -- Born 1962; Manages a Restraunt
Mael Gerard Fellbottom - Maternal Uncle -- Born 1983; Never Married; Traveling Musician 
family history
Alexi Remnikov came from a very proud bloodline of purebloods in Russia, and despite his own father's attemps to keep their line pure he found himself in love with a local muggle girl. He knew that he was the last remaining Remnikov that could carry on the bloodline and the name, but that didn't matter. What mattered to him was Irene. Irene was the same age as him, fair and kind. She had been traveling the world after graduating school in London and had always longed to see the mountains in Russia. This is where she met Alexi and the two were smitten instantly. Within months of meeting, Irene fell pregnant. News that was happy at first. She loved Alexi, this much was true, and she knew that she wanted to start her family with him.

It wasn't until they attempted to break the news to his family that things went terribly wrong. Alexi was sure that his father would be upset, he had a right after all, but he truely believed that he would see past it and be happy for the two who were so young and in love. Instead Alexi's father disowned them, threatening to kill them if they ever brought their bad blood back to Russia. His anger was so great he nearly killed them both the night they told him the news.

For the safety of their little family, the two moved to London, where Irene had family that would gladly take them in and help them get onto their own two feet. The two never married, and could never see a real reason to. They loved each other, they both knew this much, and couldn't see a need for a piece of paper saying that. Their lives were a testament to that, for either one could have ran away that night that almost took both their lives. Either one could have split, but they didn't. They stayed together, through the best and worst of times.

Phief was the first son they brought into the world, both at the tender age of eighteen. Three more sons came to follow and their family grew big and happy! All four of their sons had been offered schooling at Hogwarts, and all four accepted. Despite the ups and downs, they have a lovely little family!

other
Nana nana boo-boo he's too young to get sick!
face claim
Manu Rios
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
10-4 Rubber Ducky
how did you hear about us?
Message In A Bottle
roleplay sample
her bert ner

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 8, 2018 18:27:00 GMT -5

Pending!

Hey girl hey! So before we can sort Dima! With a birthday in October, he would not start Hogwarts until 2014! So he would be a 5th year, not a 6th year, and I know that he is registered as a 6th year!

Also irony of all ironies, I literally just accepted a 6th year male Ravenclaw prefect and keeper, so those positions aren’t available anymore! Freaking free app weekend man (rofl) He could choose another Quidditch position obv, or you could keep him as reserve! :D

That it’s! Birthday and prefect/quidditch stuff and then we are good to go! :D
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 8, 2018 18:40:23 GMT -5

Free app weekend man haha ok the following changes have been made:
Switched to bearer
No prefect
Early July birthday

allllll better :D