birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heteroflexible
occupation
Criminal for Hire | Obliviator
general appearance
It varies from day to day, his dark brown hair is either styled into a perfect coif or left a mess from sleep and his own hands. Perceptive, chocolate brown eyes are set below a brow in a near perpetual scowl. He often forgets to shave, and so has a layer of stubble over his jaw more often than not. Clothes are either a last thought or a suit and tie, there is no in between. Beneath the clothes, he has a well-toned physique, one that comes from hard work more than any deliberate working out, but he’s proud of it all the same. His hands are rough and calloused, scarred from his work, and he even lost his left pinky to the job.

former school
Beauxbatons
former house
Étoile
achievements
Innumerable detentions 1994-2001

university
N/A
university major(s)
None
years attended
N/A

skills
Obliviation--obviously. He’s always been a master manipulator, so much so that he was often referred to as ‘The Voice’ from a young age, a title that continues to live. Charms, Potions. He’s actually good at baking, which really isn’t that surprising given how similar it is to Potions, but Zach thinks it is so I humor him. Sewing--don’t let him know you know, but even if you do, he’ll defend that it’s a useful skill in patching himself up on the fly.
weaknesses
Look, Zach has a lot of issues, so I’ll try to summarize them as best I can. He’s absolute shite at Transfiguration and doesn’t believe in Divination enough to be even passably good at it. Arithmancy was something he had to work hard at, so it usually takes him a while to figure things out when they require more than simple math. Daddy Issues--but don’t let him hear you say it anywhere he can hear it. Mommy Issues--so basically, don’t mention his parents, okay? He has a soft spot for kids without parents, or with poor excuses for them.
positive traits
Zachary is a passionate man, though he doesn’t often show it. He’s not afraid to make his opinion known, even in the face of opposition, but he also knows when to hold his tongue--he needs to, for the job. Gentility isn’t often used in his line of work, but he’ll use a soft touch when he can. He loves kids, has even helped people he was sent to kill fake their deaths so as to keep a child from becoming an orphan.
negative traits
As stated previously, Zach has an abundance of issues, not the least of which is his morally grey attitude towards life. He’s Arrogant at the best of times, Antisocial and generally Angry at nothing and everything. There are few things he won’t do for money--namely, turning kids into orphans unless the parents are actual garbage. He’s Confrontational at the best of times, always ready to use his fists or his wand.
hobbies/interests
“What are those?” Honestly, Zach doesn’t do much outside of work, but he used to enjoy Quidditch and as I said before, he Bakes and Sews when he can. “I enjoy long walks on the beach and kissing in the rain...*scoffs* I hate the beach and the rain is only good for washing away evidence. I do enjoy having fun, though *suggestive eyebrow waggle*.” Hurting people who may or may not deserve it.
accomplishments
"Define Accomplishments." He's proud of some of his kills, got decent grades, bagged himself a job as an Obliviator

character history
“I don’t know the specifics of my birth, and I honestly don’t need or want to. For all I know it was sunny and clear or a torrential downpour. All I know is that I was born on May 17th 1983 to two nameless people and dropped at an orphanage without a name or explaination. Did I mention that it was a German orphanage? Because it was. A pretty shitty German orphanage at that. Anyway, they liked biblical names and classical music, so I got saddled with Zacharia Wolfgang, and then one of the volunteers added their family name and so I became Zacharia Wolfgang Acker. Such a big name for a small thing, I know, but I made it my own in good time.

“I was a mighty terror from the moment I could crawl, grabbing at anything and everything within reach. The staff often despaired of my prospects because of my reckless attitude and general dislike for everyone. There were a few families that tried taking me home, one even held out for an entire month before they threw in the towel and sent me back like an unwanted gift. Like a curse. Some of the other kids liked to say I was, in any case; either that, or a curse followed me and laid itself upon whoever tried to call me theirs, like it was a petulant child unwilling to part with its favorite toy. Honestly, there might have been, but I’m old now and whatever curse there might have been has either worn off or become useless at my age. There’s no more people willing to keep me now than there were when I was a child, and certainly none that tried to call me theirs. So I belong to no one but myself, and that’s just fine with me.

“At age eleven, I was sent to Beauxbatons where I was quite easily sorted into Étoile, and there I found a few kindred spirits. I wouldn’t call them friends, but we had similar hobbies and enjoyed each other’s company occasionally. As expected, I was a fairly average student--at least as far as academics went. News of Harry Potter managed to spread to us, mostly from Beauxbaton students studying there during the Triwizard Tournament, but there were a few official news articles. To be frank, I thought he seemed a bit...much, but intelligent enough or I suppose he wouldn't have made it as far as he did. In any case, I'm sure I wouldn't have liked him. 

"After Beauxbatons, I did odd jobs for money until it turned into a sort of Criminal for Hire thing, at which point I figured it would be smart to have a more legal job. I hunted around for a bit before I came across an opening in the British Ministry for an Obliviator.

“Power may have changed hands now, but it makes little difference to my business.”

parents
“I know I have some, theoretically, but in practice? I have no parents.”
siblings
“Doubtful, given how unwanted I was, but theoretically possible.”
children
“As if I’d subject a child to my personality.”
partner
“No, and I’ve no desire to get one.”
other family
“As far as I know, I have none.”
family history
“I kind of need a family to have a family history. But I suppose I can use the woman who gave me her name.” Martha Acker was a ‘good Christian woman’ who volunteered at her local orphanage and hosted a bible study in her home every Tuesday. She lived her life with gentility and kindness, and the world returned to her in kind. Her family wasn’t overly large, with two brothers--both adopted just like herself--and two parents, both of whom had been only children and lost their parents young. They never made her adoption a secret, and were always willing to tell her what they could about her birth parents--a young woman unprepared for motherhood and a boyfriend unwilling to help--even though they didn’t know much aside from basic medical history and what little they’d learned in their brief interactions. Still, Martha was grateful to have been raised by such kind people and as far as she was concerned, her only real parents were the ones who had raised her. She’d decided to volunteer at the local orphanage as a means to give back to her community, and she liked to think that every child she met there touched some part of her heart and taught her something new. Then came Zach. From the moment she met him, she knew he was going to be a difficult one, and while she didn’t have the resources to formally adopt him as her own child, she was able to give him her name. He might not have seen it like that, but that’s how she viewed it and so that was how she thought of him. The other people at the orphanage didn’t know what she was, and when she realized that Zach was like herself, she did all she could to protect him from being tossed out for his accidental magic. Martha was skilled at runes, and so she’d laid protective runes into as many of his possessions that she could--not that he had many. Martha was 115 when she passed away, and in her will she had left the majority of her possessions and money to the only living person she called family--Zacharia Wolfgang Acker

other
Can he be my only chosen Immune person? He does live primarily in Germany, even if he works in the British Ministry...I suppose he's kind of stuck in Britain now tho
face claim
Dominic Copper
status of application
Complete
have you read the rules?
Sure did
how did you hear about us?
Magic
roleplay sample
Nein!

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 10, 2018 22:36:42 GMT -5

Pending!

Just a few things!

German witches and wizards would go to Beauxbatons! Not canon, just our choice since it’s bordering France!

Also, he can’t really live in Germany and work at the British Ministry during the pandemic. The second that he steps foot in the U.K., he would be unable to leave! But yes, you can make him your Immune.
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 10, 2018 23:08:42 GMT -5

Fixed! It's a good thing Beauxbatons was also part of the Triwizard tournament...less editing for me
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 10, 2018 23:19:49 GMT -5

Sorry one last catch @zachattack - if he just started hunting around for a legal job, he'd be an obliviator-in-training, not an obliviator! Just wanted to let you know before I sorted!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Sept 11, 2018 13:57:59 GMT -5

He found it a while ago, the hunting around was just explaining how he found it
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Sept 11, 2018 17:26:27 GMT -5

Accepted

Okay, as long as you are aware obliviator training is two years long!