staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Nov 3, 2018 0:22:07 GMT -5

It’s already November, can you believe it? I can’t. I feel like I blinked and October ended and now we’re nearing on Christmas. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! We still have a whole month to get through so let’s get started!

I. November Birthdays
II. November Events
III. November Free Character Group + Needs/Bans
IV. Free Character Group + Free App Weekend Rule Addition
V. New Character Rule Changes
VI. Tri-Riddle Tournament
VII. Development Challenge
VIII. Fun Facts

I. NOVEMBER BIRTHDAYS

2nd → @noah
3rd → @whitney
6th → @keegan
7th → @sophia
8th → @olivia
10th →
10th → @harper
10th → @skyler
12th → @beathan
12th → @pjpeters
12th → @xiomara
13th → @denmother
14th → @dion
15th → @brantley
16th → @nadine
16th → @sylvia
17th → @blake
17th → @cub
17th →
19th →
20th → @alessia
21st → @meredith
23rd → @leilani
23rd → @nikolaj
24th →
30th → @spiderman

II. NOVEMBER EVENTS

November 3 - Quidditch Game: Ravenclaw vs. Slytherin, 11:00am
November 10 - Quidditch Game: Hufflepuff vs. Gryffindor, 11:00am
November 17 - Quidditch Game: Hufflepuff vs. Slytherin, 11:00am
November 24 - Quidditch Game: Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor, 11:00am

III. NOVEMBER FREE CHARACTER GROUP + NEEDS/BANS

The free character group for the month are… *drumroll please*

Students!

Yes, that’s right. Any Hogwarts students! Obviously, the staff still sorts your students… but yes, this month any student character will be sorted! Keeping in mind the new Google Drive suggested rule that I will re-explain in the next section.

Other characters that we need are Hogwarts Staff members, Veela, and Squib.

And our pureblood ban is still gone, yay! But still keep in mind it will pop back up if our numbers rise again!

You can look at these here!

IV. FREE CHARACTER GROUP + FREE APP WEEKEND RULE ADDITION

Okay, I explained this in updates but I don’t know if everybody reads that, so I want to make sure that we are all on the same page!

Pretty much, in order to participate in free app weekends or in free character groups, you need to not have deleted a certain amount of characters in a certain amount of time, or have half of your characters on AR for that same amount of time. Here are the exact rules:

XIV. For free app weekends, it's mostly a free for all! However, if you've deleted six more more characters in the past six months or have had more than half of your characters on AR in the past six months, you cannot participate in that free app weekend! For the free app group, you can only participate if you have not deleted three or more characters in the past two months and if you haven't had more than half of your characters on AR in the past two months.
We have added a little list on the Needs/Bans page so that you know if you are eligible or not, because I know it's not necessarily easy to keep track of exactly when someone was deleted or how many characters were on Activity Requirements!

V. NEW CHARACTER RULE CHANGES

All right, we went to PollEverywhere in order to get some information from you guys about the rules for new characters.

So, now it is official: all characters will require ten roleplaying posts for a new one to be accepted.

However, if you are above twenty-five characters, you will need four posts a month for Activity Requirements, which will be the new official Tier Four.

VI. TRI-RIDDLE TOURNAMENT

We are back to the Tri-Riddle Tournament, which has been a favorite so far! All month, you can compete to solve riddles in order to come out on top for the Tri-Riddle Championship.

You can sign up RIGHT HERE! Remember you need to prove your worth before signing up (by posting 1,000 words to enter the first round).

VII. DEVELOPMENT CHALLENGE

For this month’s development challenge, we are going back to moodboards. However, this time we want you to pick a color scheme for your character and stick to it for their board.

You have all month to enter and you can do that RIGHT HERE!

VIII. FUN FACTS

-I just realized that it’s one am and I’m hungry but nothing is open for delivery! And I have no food
-Tori moved into her big girl house, and learned that the real moment you become an adult is when the bed is in the middle of the room, and not pressed against the wall.