blood status
Pureblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
occupation
Coach of the Falmouth Falcons, Seeker for the Scottish National Team
general appearance
“Let’s just stick to the facts, all right?”

Well I mean, okay, I guess that’s acceptable.

“All right then. I’m just a little shy of five feet, five inches, which means that Art is almost a foot taller than me. Yes, that means that I have to wear a lot of heels or else I would constantly be straining my neck just to talk to him normally.”

Yes, I suppose that is a fact, isn’t it?

“I’m a Prewett, so yes, I have red hair and green eyes. It shouldn’t surprise anybody that I do not really tan well. I just burn. I don’t have a lot of freckles — those are the Weasleys, don’t get it confused. I wouldn’t have minded some freckles, actually, but that’s really just not the point.”

I thought we were just sticking to the facts?

“Sorry. Yes. Facts. I keep well in shape from Quidditch and from running. I wouldn't say I'm the smallest person in the world — I've had five kids.You can only be so small. But I still would consider myself to be in shape, I suppose. In shape, with stretch marks, from carrying actual human beings in my body. No shame in that. I think that's pretty badass. I guess that’s actually it then, isn’t it?”

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Gryffindor
achievements
Prefect (1990-1992)
Head Girl (1992-1993)
Reserve Seeker (1987-1993)
Choir (1986-1993)
Quidditch Enthusiasts (1986-1993)
The Advocate Member (1986-1993)

university
-
university major(s)
-
years attended
-

skills
MASTER AT PEP TALKS WHEN THE SITUATION CALLS FOR IT ♛ She has raised some good kids with Art and she thinks pep talks are a big part of parenting. Sometimes there are things that a kid just needs to hear to get them to believe that they can do something. "Sometimes a husband needs to hear things too, just saying... pep talks are my thing, all around."
JUST AS SKILLFUL AT TOUGH LOVE WHEN YOU NEED A KICK IN THE BEHIND ♛ Sometimes a pep talk fails, or isn't necessary, because someone is just being well... — "Stupid." Okay, I was going to try to use a nicer word than that, but sure. Sometimes people are being stupid, and they need some tough love to get back on the right track. "Sometimes a husband gets so swept up in his anger, that four countries suffer because of it. But I'm not saying that out loud, am I?" Yes, you've held your tongue on that one so far, do you want a pat on the back?
SHE CAN GET READY IN LESS THAN TWENTY MINUTES, INCLUDING A SHOWER“Thirty minutes if I need to shave, because I mean, no magic…”
MAKING A HOME HOMEY ♛ If she wasn’t so in love with all things Quidditch, I really think she would be a great interior designer. She just sees it as way too much of a hobby as opposed to an actual career.
QUIDDITCH & FLYING ♛ She is of the opinion that this one is so obvious that we shouldn’t even mark it down on here, but I told her that isn’t how it works. “Yes, I’m good at Quidditch. I play on the Scottish team. I know that forty-three is old for Quidditch. Well aware I should probably retire. But the World Cup is over. Viktor can wait on my resignation a while longer. I don’t think it will kill him.”
WORLD-RENOWNED MULTITASKER ♛ I don’t know why she thinks she has to label these so dramatically, but yes. She is a mother of five. Apparently, that is explanation enough for her multitasking skills, in her mind. She can do at least three or four things at the same time well, but if you get up any higher than that, usually whatever one that involves talking starts to fade into her not really listening to you. “Nobody’s perfect. But getting dinner ready, putting mascara on, helping Wendy with primary school work, while explaining routines to the babysitter is pretty impressive. You can admit it.”
weaknesses
THE TEMPER“That redheads and temper thing? Yeah, it’s not made up.”
EPIDEMIC X ♛ Her husband created it, okay. She lost magic and now she can’t play Quidditch, and she understands that he was upset, but does she think that this was the answer? Let me give you a hint, that’s a big N-O. She doesn’t think that this is any way to react to being upset or solve problems.
ANCIENT RUNES“Staring at runes gives me a headache. I squint at them like they’re somehow going to make sense to me, and then I get a headache. So, no. Ancient runes and I — never going to happen.”
WENDY ♛ She originally got along really well with her sister-in-law. Definitely better than the rest of Art’s family, but the release of the Squib Flu has her concerned. But in some ways, she really thinks that Wendy might bring out the worst of Art — or them the worst of each other. She just thinks the current national crisis is proof enough that the pair of them together can end in disastrous results.
positive traits
COMPASSIONATECONFIDENTDUTIFUL - "Ha, yeah right." Wow can we not argue about this right here, you're messing with the aesthetic of this section. Also, your husband released an epidemic on the United Kingdom and you have not voiced your many concerns about that. If that's not a dutiful wife, I don't know what is. "Well, this situation is a little bit complicated, now isn't it? So let's just move on..." ♛ FIRM ♛ GENUNINE ♛ GRACIOUS ♛ PATIENT ♛ UNDERSTANDINGWITTY ♛
negative traits
BLUNT - On occasion, she says things that are probably better left unsaid. It just comes from her saying what she's thinking and sometimes those thoughts come out a little harsher than she means for them to ♛ OUTSPOKEN - She is a Prewett. They have opinions on what is right and what is wrong, and they were raised to do the right thing. So when she sees the wrong thing, she's going to say something even if that might gether into trouble ♛ STRICT - She's not so strict that her kids don't get to do anything, but she has never been one of those laidback mums that let their kids get away with everything. She's a curfew-enforced, yes I need to talk to their parents first, kind of mum ♛ STUBBORN - Do we want to talk about how she won't retire from Quidditch even though she's definitely considered a little old for the sport? "Don't you dare."
hobbies/interests
FLYING QUIDDITCH SPENDING TIME WITH HER FAMILY INTERIOR DESIGN TRUFFLES PINOT NOIR (“And only pinot noir. Not up for discussion.”) PHOTOGRAPHY (Well she likes taking pictures of her family, at least. That is important to her. She doesn’t claim to be an artsy photographer by any stretch of the imagination)
accomplishments
♛ Supermom
♛ Awarded Most Valuable Player Award in the 1995 and 2001 season

character history
“I can take over from here, thank you.”

You’ve been talking this whole time, so I’m not really sure this is taking over, but —

“Yes, well. Not the point, all right. Let’s just get started. i was born near the beginning of May in 1975 to Megara and Galahad Prewett. I had one older brother, Owain, who honestly is such a walking older brother stereotype. Overprotective, frustrating, you know… the usual. Every boyfriend I ever had got glares and threats — including Art, he wasn’t an exception from that either.

Even if he was incredibly annoying at times, he was my first best friend and is still one of my best friends, annoying prat that he is.

But I guess I’m getting ahead of myself, aren’t I?

I was raised with the pureblood values that the Prewetts deemed important. There are certainly expectations that come with being a Sacred Twenty-Eight family and that was something that was always taken seriously in our household. Granted, my father was not the first son, he was not the heir, and not being apart of the dominant branch, so we didn’t have as much pressure to do every little thing right — thankfully.

They were, and still are, incredibly good parents. Even if I started to form my own opinions about blood purity and how important it really is, they are still kind and supportive people, regardless of their beliefs.

But again, I seem to be having trouble keeping this chronological.

I went to Hogwarts in 1986. Gryffindor, of course. Did you have any doubt? Maybe you did. Well, I didn’t. My brother had been sorted into Gryffindor two years prior and with how close we were, and how alike we were, I was not at all surprised to join him in Gryffindor.

For quite some time, school was relatively uneventful. I joined the Gryffindor Quidditch team but I had always wanted to be a seeker and there was definitely no competing with Charlie Weasley on that front. But that was fine with me, because being the reserve seeker worked out well for me. I had other focuses — I was in the Choir, in Quidditch Enthusiasts, and I wrote for The Advocate as well.

I was also made Prefect in my fifth and sixth year, as well was Head Girl in my seventh so, clearly, I was all right with being the reserve seeker for Charlie Weasley. He was honestly one of the best seekers that I’ve ever seen — by that point, anyway. I was in fourth year when Harry Potter came to school and was I a little disappointed that he was made seeker instead of me? Sure. But it wasn’t my only focus, so really, I was all right with staying in the reserve position to focus on my other obligations as well.

My last couple of years at Hogwarts were certainly more interesting once Harry got to the school. It was in my sixth year that the Chamber of Secrets was opened, after all, and that was the scariest year of my schooling. I know that it only got worse there, but that was the worst that I had experienced.

When I graduated, I got recruited to the Chudley Cannons. Yes, yes, I know — the Cannons. Not exactly the best team in the league, but I’d been reserve my entire time at Hogwarts, so it wasn’t like I was expecting the Magpies or Puddlemere to come knocking down my door.

But I enjoyed my time on the team, even if they have never been the best. We’re not quitters, okay? We give it our all.

Anyways, I could rant about the Cannons all night. It was in 1996 that I met Art. We had been at a Quidditch expo and some moronic caterer… well, I don’t know exactly what it was in the food, but almost everyone came down with food poisoning. I was fine but honestly, I hadn’t touched much of anything. I’m a picky eater sometimes, I admit it. Did me some good that day, at least.

Art asked me out at the end of his shift and I begrudgingly accepted. Yes, begrudgingly. Let me have my fun.”

Not begrudgingly at all, okay, but it’s fine.

“We were dating, but there was also the war to consider and that made everything harder. Joining the Order was not a hard decision for me to make. Even as a pureblood, even as a Prewett, I had formed my own opinions on blood purity and fighting against it was important to me. Art didn’t join, but I understood that. I wasn’t going to try to sway him toward that one way or another.

The war did end, though. It was hard, I’m not going to pretend that it wasn’t, but we all got through it and things were going to be better. We knew that they were.

Art and I were married in 1999, and it was the next summer that we had our first child, Vivien Titania Buchanan — yes, she got my first name. Men name children after themselves all the time, Viv was at least going to get my middle name. I was still playing for the Cannons at that time and actually, I was named the Most Valuable Player for the second time in my career in 2001. I found out that we were expecting our second child soon after that season ended.

I kept playing Quidditch -- was scouted by the Falcons. Yes, I know. I’m a badass. Mom, Quidditch player, I can do it all. But honestly, it wasn’t all that hard to be at home with Viv and Olivette — especially during the off season.

However, the last season that I would play would be the 2003 season. It was right after that season ended that I found out I was pregnant with twins. I’m very fertile, okay?

Please don’t say that, Titania, really.

“Well I am, okay. And that seemed like a good time to retire. Two kids already, and twins on the way? It was time to put professional Quidditch behind me. It only made sense. Pregnancy was trying enough but coming back from twins and playing professional Quidditch again? It just didn’t make sense.

Being a mother was more important. That was not a difficult choice to make. And things were good for a while. It was always hard between Art’s family and him, especially with how they treated Wendy. I could never understand that. Squib or not, family is family. It wasn’t like it was her fault that she had been born without magic. It wasn’t some choice that she had made, it was just something about herself that she couldn’t change.

But I digress.

Things were good. I started coaching after I retired, I don’t think I mentioned that, and it was soon after that the Scottish National Team scouted me which was an honor, obviously. Being in a team that… people laugh at more than they take seriously, let’s be honest, it’s nice for a scout to notice my own skill enough to want me for a national team.

Everything changed when the Ministry took over. Anyone with eyes might have seen it coming. The attack in Diagon Alley was a sign of something more to come…

My focus was a little closer to home, though. Art went to a family dinner that night. The kids and I didn’t, we were at my parents. It seemed… safer, though honestly, I didn’t feel all that safe that night. It felt like everything was about to change. It was an eerie feeling, after already living through one war.

Everything changed after that dinner. Art changed. I didn’t want to worry, he told me not to be, but I was… well to be honest, I was pregnant again and hormones always made me worry more. He wrote it off as that but I wasn’t as convinced. It got worse after Wendy was born and I found out about what they were working on — I tried to bite my tongue, which let’s be honest, I’m not that good at, but I tried. I understood how upset he was and I mean, I had seen how Wendy was treated over the years and I didn’t agree with it either but this… even if he said it was just for science, the way he and Wendy got when they were together…

Well, you all know how this ends, don’t you? Wendy disappeared. Art released the epidemic — more than half of the United Kingdom is without magic, and the hospital is working on a cure — Art is too… or was, but Wendy… I’m not convinced she ever wants there to be a cure.

I don’t know if Art just didn’t think we would get sick, or that I wouldn’t be able to play Quidditch anymore or… what. His anger blinded him from the people that he did love and how it would impact them. I don’t consider myself a selfish woman for saying that. I know how important his sister is to him. But he hurt people that he cared about in the process — and it’s only by sheer luck that children weren’t impacted. If the kids had gotten sick, apart from Viv, which is bad enough, he would have gotten more from me than just a smack.

Yes, I hit him. I gave him a black eye, actually. Of course, I was also feverish and he had to catch me actually so I didn’t pass out but the point stands. I gave him a black eye. Focus on that.

And now? I don’t know. I’m still worried. Worried about Viv without magic, worried about the kids, about what to call my daughter because I can’t stand to call her Wendy these days… and worried about Art. Not just that he might get found out for one of these days, but that he and Wendy are so destructive together that something worse might just happen…”

parents
Megara Prewett - mother; pureblood, 67, Slytherin Alum, Owner of the Manchester Mongrels
Galahad Prewett - father; pureblood, 70, Gryffindor Alum, Freelance Attorney
siblings
Owain Prewett - brother; pureblood, 45, Gryffindor Alum, Broom-Maker
Adrasteia Prewett (née Bletchley) - sister-in-law; pureblood, 43, Broom-Maker
children
@vivien - daughter; pureblood, 18, Ravenclaw Alum, Lufkin Student (Alchemy)
@olivette - daughter; pureblood, 16, Ravenclaw Student
Perseus Galahad Buchanan - son; pureblood, 14, Gryffindor Student
Zephyrus Altair Buchanan - son; pureblood, 14, Hufflepuff Student
Wednesday Zemfira Buchanan II - daughter; pureblood, 5
partner
Artaxerxes Buchanan - pureblood, 45, Ravenclaw Alum, University of Bangor Alum, Magical Bugs and Diseases Healer, Potioneer, Alchemist, Creator of Epidemics, yet some how we still love him a lot over here
other family
Thalia Prewett - niece; pureblood, 23, General Practice Healer
Dawson Prewett - nephew; pureblood, 21, Lufkin Student

And we have a whole tree of connections here!
family history
Galahad Prewett, son of Ignatius Prewett and Lucretia Prewett (née Black), was raised to be a proper pureblood. Four years shy of being the heir, perhaps, and with far less pressure than his older brother, Aramis, but he still chose his romances carefully.

The Prewetts are a Sacred Twenty-Eight family, lest we forget, and Ignatius had always been proud of this fact. The eldest son of the inheriting line, Ignatius took his name very seriously--unlike his insolent little brother, Gawain. Always off galavanting and doing only Merlin knows what. Surprised no one that said little brother married an Abbot and had three blood traitor children--which is why this tale is about Ignatius. He went to Hogwarts, where he was sorted into Slytherin, and did the Prewett name quite proud, thank you very much. Lucretia's parents, the Lord Arcturus and Lady Melania, hadn't even considered a Prewett match--much too grey, and Gawain’s indiscretions had done a number on their reputation--until Ignatius had proven himself as worthy as the purity running through his veins. As expected, Gawain was disinherited. Feliciana, their younger sister, married into the Crabbe family. And Ignatius--he married Lucretia Black.

The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black is renowned among purebloods. One of the oldest, strictest, most pure families among the Sacred Twenty-Eight, the Blacks make sure to not make any silly connections. Always the purest and the most proper. Lucretia's father was the reigning Lord Black, after all, and his son--her brother--would soon take on that mantle... already betrothed to their second cousin, Walburga. Still, Lucretia was the daughter of an heir. Only the most proper would do. Only another heir, and one that knew exactly how to carry himself. Ignatius, for all of his brother's whims and fantasies, proved himself worthy. They were betrothed when Lucretia had been young, and married as soon as she had finished school.

Megara Higgs, daughter of Fredrik Higgs and Avrielle Higgs (née Spencer-Moon), was the middle child. Her older brother, Bertram, bore the weight of the Higgs legacy, which was one of political prowess and connection-building more than anything else, while Megara and her younger sister, Acantha, were expected to act with the utmost elegance.

The Higgs family has always been politically and athletically inclined. Many of their family members have riddled the world of Quidditch, from team owners and coaches making huge strides in the game. Even beyond the world of Quidditch, members of this family have implicated themselves with political influencers, always being noted for their diplomacy and propriety. Their blood status was a convenient thing to have. After all, purebloods were either favoured or entirely ignored, for a time. Fredrik, being the only son of his generation, made a point to marry someone of equal influence and grace.

The name Spencer-Moon is most notably remembered alongside the first name Leonard, Avrielle’s older brother and a former Minister of Magic. Avrielle herself was heavily involved in politics, and while the family definitely had humble beginnings that were far less wealthy than most purebloods--not to mention unorthodox, considering that they took both their parents surnames--they were well-respected. It was while working in the Ministry that Avrielle met Fredrik.

Megara and Galahad met by sheer chance. Both heavily involved in the world of Quidditch, it had been at a game that they had met--one of the Mongrels’ games, in fact, which had been Megara’s Quidditch team. Ignatius had considered the daughter of a Higgs a fine match, and Galahad considered himself lucky for being able to marry out of love.

other
-
face claim
Jessica Chastain
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Sure.
how did you hear about us?
Someone hid a coded message in a library book
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan