blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Pansexual
occupation
Metal Charmer
Locksley Institute Student, Curse Breaking
general appearance
Elsa has her father's sharp features. Dark hair that falls to mid-chest in delicate waves, is usually thrown up in a ponytail. Somehow, Elsa always ends up with some sort of dirt on her face...probably from rolling around at dig sites trying to figure out the best course of action. She has delicate hands, however, and they look as if they haven't seen much manual labor. Sometimes decorated with cuts and bruises, she looks like she's run through an ancient tomb full of booby-trapped pressure plates because she probably has. She's got bright green-ish blue eyes which are precisely 1/2 her mother's and 1/2 her father's. Elsa has two sides to her closet: the things her mother would find appropriate (which makes up approximately six outfits she can wear on repeat when visiting Sweden) and everything else. Very little emotion every crosses her face when she's at school and she pretends to be stoic and uninterested. But get her doing something she loves - aka something that gets the adrenaline pumping - and she becomes an entirely different person. Also, she's hot.

former school
Durmstrang
former house
Sagacitas
achievements
✘ Boxing Club: 1st-7th Year (2008-2015)
✘ Charms Club: 1st-7th Year (2008-2015)
✘ Dueling Club: 1st-7th Year (2008-2015)
✘ Sagacitas Seeker: 5th-7th Year (2012-2015)
✘ Dark Arts Club: 5th-7th Year (2012-2015)

university
Ottenby Magiska Universitetet + Locksley Institute
university major(s)
Metal Charming + Curse Breaking
years attended
2015-2018 + 2018-Present

skills
✘ PERSUASION: Elsa is the sort of girl that can convince you to do anything... even if it's crazy or out of this world. She's got that way of batting her eye lashes, or over-explaining it to you, so you don't think about the danger that's in store on the other side of that completely hexed door. She's particularly good at persuading members of the opposite sex...guess she inherited that one from her Nylund side.

✘ SNAP DECISIONS: On the turn of a galleon, Elsa will have already made up her mind about a matter at hand...right or wrong. She's not afraid to make the wrong decision. In fact, a majority of her life has been making the wrong decision and figuring out how to deal with the consequences. Sometimes it's fun trying to worm your way out of bad choices.

✘ HEADSTRONG + DETERMINATION: These go in the same category because they're closely related for Elsa. She knows what she wants and will actively go after it in such a way that is sometimes terrifying. Elsa doesn't give up, especially not when it comes to her schooling. She graduated a year early from Ottenby, like her father and continues to push herself academically. She is determined to soak up as much information and learn as much as she possibly can.

✘ ATHLETICS: Her father always taught her how to defend herself. From an early age, Elsa could drop a man that was twice her size using martial arts and a combination of boxing moves she picked up from Marcus. Elsa spent her fifth, sixth, and seventh years as the Sagacitas Seeker. Agile and quick, Elsa is small, but can pack a powerful punch. She's one hell of a swimmer and kayaker. She can hold her own on a motorbike and has done some of the most dangerous rock climbing hikes offered through Ottenby (and a few unsanctioned climbs, but we don't need to tell Dad about those).

✘ FEARLESSNESS: This should probably go in positive traits, but she wants me to tell you that she'll go spelunking head-first into an ancient tomb that might be infected with the plague because she's up for the challenge. It's very rare that Elsa will back down from a challenge and even rarer still that she'll say no to an offer of a good time. She doesn't believe in no-win scenarios.

✘ DARK ARTS: Not exactly the most proper thing for the daughter of an Auror to claim as one of her strengths, but Elsa believes you need to know your enemy in order to defeat it. She's always been interested in learning about the Dark Arts and has even practiced some of it herself, though she would never use her knowledge outside of a controlled environment. She is, however, quick to use that knowledge to help her work out curse puzzles and archeological nightmares.
weaknesses
✘ THE CHASE: Elsa loves the idea of danger. She loves the idea of adventure. And she's been known to chase that love to the very ends of the Earth and put herself in situations no girl at the age of twenty-one should ever be in. She has a hard time staying away from things that her father, family, or friends deem "too dangerous." This could be her fatal flaw.

✘ ADRENALINE JUNKIE: She doesn't need drugs to get a good high. In fact, Elsa's never been high in her entire life... at least, not in the practical sense. She prefers a different kind of high...the one that's associated with jumping out of a plane with no parachute, just depending on your wand to save you. She's game for pretty much any adrenaline-inducing activity and won't say not to an offer of exploring "uncharted territory." It's part of the reason she's training to become a Curse-Breaker.

✘ BEER: Unlike the rest of her pretty much family, Elsa's not a vodka or wine kind of girl. She much prefers craft beer and a good pint at a grungy bar. I guess this sort of plays into the fact that her upbringing is sort of a weakness, too. She's not like there rest of her family, most of the time.

✘ HER FATHER: Marcus is a huge weakness for Elsa. She knows that he likes to pretend that he's got the whole world in his pocket, but Elsa worries about him sometimes. It's in her nature to be protective and this extends to the man that all but raised her. She really doesn't have many feelings for her mother, besides a casual disregard.

✘ TEMPER: She definitely inherited her father's temper. And she definitely doesn't think this is a weakness worth mentioning , either. But it is. It really is.

✘ OVERCONFIDENT: Though it seems like Elsa is Super Woman and could pretty much do anything, she's overconfident in her own abilities. Hubristic, by nature, she over extends and sometimes isn't ready for what is in store for her. But, of course, she'd never admit that she wasn't ready for something. Never in a million years.
positive traits
ARTICULATE ATHLETIC ATTRACTIVE CAPABLE CHALLENGING CLEVER CONFIDENT HARDWORKING INCISIVE INDEPENDENT INTELLIGENT INTUITIVE PERSUASIVE PLAYFUL PROTECTIVE SELF-RELIANT SKILLFUL SPONTANEOUS STRONG WELL-READ
negative traits
ARGUMENTATIVE ARROGANT CARELESS CRUDE DISORGANIZED DISRUBTIVE ERRATIC EXCITABLE EXTREME FANCIFUL IMPATIENT IMPULSIVE INCONSIDERATE IRRESPONSIBLE MEDDLESOME PETTY SCHEMING SELF-INDULGENT SHORTSIGHTED
hobbies/interests
Cliff Diving Rock Climbing Motorcycles and mechanics (hell, maybe she'll even study to become an engineer after she's done with Curse-Breaking) National Geographic Magazines Craft Beer Dive Bars and Fish and Chips Spending Time With Her Father Skeletons...? She apparently really likes excavating dig sites with Magical Archeologists Archeology Martial Arts + Boxing Astrology Kayaking Quidditch, especially cheering on the Lions Snow boarding World travel Studying + Reading books Holding intellectual conversations with people who actually carry on an interesting conversation Swimming She really loves dates to weird places like underground fighting rings
accomplishments
Hiked the Great Wall of China
On the wait list for an Everest Climb
Valedictorian of Ottenby
Makes her dad proud?

character history
Pappa was always honest with me. We've always been honest with each other.

That's the basis of any good father/daughter relationship, isn't it? Honesty?

I know I was born 31 August 1997 to a loving Mor and Pappa, though the love they felt for me they never felt for each other. At least, I know Pappa didn't feel it. Sometimes, I wonder if Mor is caught up in some sort of fantasy universe where she thinks that one day, if she plays all her cards right, Pappa will come back to her.

But that's not important right now, is it?

My name's Elsa Nylund. My father is Marcus Nyland and my mother is Iris Nylund (though, Pappa's trying to get her to relinquish his surname).

We lived in a quiet little house just North of Stockholm for most of my life. Mor is an interior decorator, so she was constantly changing out the decor. As a kid, I never understood her restlessness, but now, I do. It was a coping mechanism - a way for her to keep her mind off of what was happening in her life. What was truly happening, I mean.

Growing up, Mor was there constantly. She was like a little hovering honey bee, perfectly content sitting on my shoulders all the time. She drove me batshit galen sometimes.

But when I was six, my father rescued me from that existence.

It was the first time I realized I craved something more. Young little Elsa could never be a stay at home mother like Mor had been. I could never live the way my mother had. And so, I vowed I wouldn't.

Pappa introduced me to Mormor and Morfar that year and took me to Stockholm. The beautiful yellow colored buildings and church spires that tore into the sky like needles...I was in awe. Mor had kept me away from all this for all my life? What had she been thinking?!

Life was perfection after that. Pappa would go to work and I was able to explore the city with Morfar. I learned everything I could about the place that I called home. And at night, when Pappa would return from work, he'd pull me into his arms and read me books about far off places and men who flew planes into war. I craved knowledge, learning, but most importantly...adventure.

Turning eleven was difficult. Not just for me, but Pappa, too. I think a part of him didn't want to let go, but Durmstrang was calling out to me...just as it had to him all those years ago.

I think he cried when I left, but don't tell him I told you so.

I was sorted into Sagacitas, the house of learning and academics. Of course, I learned quite a bit over my years there. Skilled in athletics, I was drafted on the Quidditch team my fifth year, but I also kept up my academics. Charms Club, Dueling Club, and (eventually) Dark Arts Club became my passions.

And then, just like that, it was all over.

Seven years had gone too fast and I was walking across the stage, taking my diploma from our Rektor and looking out to see Pappa and Mor with tears in their eyes.

I enrolled in Ottenby after that. Just like Pappa. Metal Charming was my chosen major, though I spent a lot of time in other classes, exploring options. Summers were spent traveling across the world. Pappa told me there was so much to see - so much to do. And I wanted to do it all. Climb the Great Wall of China, visit Machu Picchu or the Sagrada Família. Jump out of planes and feel the pit of my stomach fall out. Bought a motorbike and hid it in the garage for a few months. Rock climbed. Even found myself at a few digs with Archeologists that I'd run into in my travels. Told them I was apprenticing to be a metal-charmer and they were happy to have me on board their expeditions. Everywhere I went, I got myself into something that made my head spin. Alright, fine, I'm a little bit of an adrenaline junkie... but my schooling always came first.

Pappa asked for my permission to leave after that. Was studying at Ottenby for Metal Charming and him? Well, it was obvious to me why he wanted to travel to England. Cat. Catrine Lindström. Or Mulciber. Or Lindström? I could never keep it straight.

I wanted him to be happy - more than anything in the world - more than I wanted him to stay for me or even for Mor. So I kissed him on the forehead and told him to get lost. I didn't tell him I would graduate early - I didn't tell him he might miss my graduation. Because as much as Pappa has done for me, it felt about time that I did something for him.

The Epidemic has posed an unfortunate ban on travel and I long to see my father. And, the curse-breaking program at Locksley was tempting enough. He'll be surprised enough when I start the Winter Term, I suppose. Perhaps I'll even get to meet the infamous Catrine. One can only hope...

parents
Father: @marcus , halfblood, 53, Ignis Alum, Swedish Foreign Delegate, Owner of the Lofsdalen Lions, Spell Inventor, Magical Combat Instructor (Guest Lecturer)
Mother: Iris Milla Nylund (née Håkansson), halfblood, 49, Floresco Alum, Interior Decorator
siblings
N/A
children
N/A
partner
N/A
other family
Grandfather: Armin Isidor Nylund, halfblood, 102, Ignis Alum, Retired Auror for the Swedish Ministry of Magic
Grandmother: Teresia Anni Nylund (née Göransson), halfblood, Deceased, Florseco Alum, Retired Literature Professor

Future Step Mor, probably: @catrine , halfblood, 43, Temestas Alum, Auror, Auror Training Instructor, Spell Invention Professor at Locksley Institute, Spell Inventor, Psychologist, Ottenby Magiska Universitetet and Stockholms Universitet Alum
family history
From Father, courtesy of Tori:

"My father's name is Armin Isidor Nylund. He was the only son, and second child, of Gottfrid and Svea Nylund. His father was an auror and his mother was a housewife. They were pretty unremarkable people. He was born in 1916, which seems like an age ago, before the world changed so many times over. He had an older sister, Madicken, and she married, and had a family of her own. Her husband's name was Artin Sjöberg. They had a couple of kids. I have a couple of cousins on that side of the family. But no one is all that special. A healer, a shop keeper, and one of them is in prison. Courtesy of, you guessed it, me. I threw my own cousin in prison. But he deserved it, so it's fine.

My mother's family is not all that impressive either. She was the third daughter of four born to Luka and Nadine Göransson. Her sisters all grew, married, and have families of their own too. I was the youngest on both sides though. Having not been born until my parents were in their fifties, I was at least twenty years younger than my youngest cousin. I didn't really mind though. My grandparents on both sides died years ago, and I had no blood related uncles. It was just the way that it was going to be. Our family line is going to die out with me, but we don't really get all up in arms about things like that. Elsa was my parents only grandchild, and she doesn't know her mother's family at all. But the Nylund's and the Göranssons make up for it.

I think my reputation might be the biggest one in the family. One of my mother's sister's, Tanja, married a butcher. We aren't all that impressive, but then again, not everyone has to be. If you really want a family history that is impressive, go look at my ex-wfe's. Talk about drama, and she likes to think that we had problems..."

other
I'll return for this
face claim
Amelia Zadro
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
No
how did you hear about us?
HOWLER
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan