Half-Blood
sexual orientation
Bisexual
epidemic x status
Immune
occupation
Auror
general appearance
Olive skinned and tall with a slender yet athletic outward appearance, Kai holds herself and walks with confidence. She has long dark hair which is normally pulled back into a messy, high ponytail for convenience. She's naturally quite charming in how she speaks and acts around other people, but that's just Kai being kind. She's always seen were skinny jeans and a leather jacket and occasionally wears a dress. She gives off quite a tomboyish impression in the way she dresses. She has grey eyes that are usually warm and kind but are very telling in her emotions at the time. 

She has an older brother who she looks like a female version of and she has embraced that in her own way.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Gryffindor
achievements
"I graduated, that should be enough."

university
N/A
university major(s)
N/A
years attended
N/A

skills
CURSES, CHARMS AND HEXES - As an Auror, she had to learn a lot of different spells to help in her career, she even mastered a couple with the help of her older brother before he disappeared, although she tries to avoid using them unless absolutely necessary.

NONE-VERBAL SPELLS - This is something she only recently mastered in the last year but after a lot of training and tantrum throwing, she's finally managed to master it, (although she does sometimes waver a little).

WINNING CLAUDE OVER - She has a way with getting what she wants with him, sometimes she abuses it, but only when she really has the need to. She's the little sister he never wanted and she knows it!

DRINKING - You wouldn't think it by looking at her, but she could easily drink a lot of people under the table. It's not one of her favourite past times but she'll not turn it down if she's feeling particularly outgoing.

DUELLING - All part of being an Auror in her opinion, Kai is very quick with a wand and her hits rarely miss. She's precise in what she does and tries to be the best she can. She uses her talents at none verbal spells to try and land hits when necessary on people standing in the way but it's not always a guarantee, Kai is determined though. She's not going to give up easily.

VOICING HER OPINION - Both a strength and a weakness, Kai has a habit of being very blunt and curt in what she says, if she doesn't like something or doesn't agree with it. She'll call you out. Sometimes she can overstep her boundaries, however,  but she likes to try and keep her opinion to herself unless asked for it. She doesn't like that, but it saves causing trouble and arguments. If you want an honest opinion, Kai is your girl.

SLEIGHT OF HAND - Not something she's proud of, but when she was a child, desperate times called for desperate measures. Kai doesn't often talk about this skill, but it does come in handy sometimes.
weaknesses
KAI - THE REAL ONE - Being so close in age and having a close bond with him, Leena finds it very easy to be controlled by him, when she was growing up, she used to follow her brother in blind faith and she continued to do so until he went missing. But now she's been hearing a few questionable things about her brother and she's beginning to see, she may have made a mistake.

CLAUDE - She may be able to charm her way around her friend, but he's also her weakness. Growing up, they always had a close almost sibling bond too and whenever he got himself into trouble in school (and out) and usually with the real Kai, she was always close by, joining in on their mischief.

ONE OF THE BOYS - A weird one, but growing up Kai always felt much more comfortable around boys than girls. She liked how there were no bitching and snide remarks and that they didn't treat her like a delicate flower. A few of her male friends did at first, but after soon learning she could get as much as she gave, a lot of people who knew her stopped treating her differently and started to roughhouse her more.

POTIONS - Wandwork has always been her forte when she was in school potions was her weakest subject yet she somehow managed to scrape through, just to say earning the grade she needed to pursue a career as an Auror

ANYTHING DOMESTIC - Things like cooking and cleaning are a disaster waiting to happen when it comes to Kai. She has a terrible habit of making things much worse than the initially started out. And cooking? Does anyone want burnt food for dinner? She'd probably burn salad if she tried. That's how bad her domestic skills are. As for cleaning? Yeah... things just end up far messier, much to the annoyance of her friends and family.

VOICING HER OPINION - Both a strength and a weakness, Kai has a habit of being very blunt and curt in what she says, if she doesn't like something or doesn't agree with it. She'll call you out. Sometimes she can overstep her boundaries, however, but she likes to try and keep her opinion to herself unless asked for it. She doesn't like that, but it saves causing trouble and arguments. If you want an honest opinion, Kai is your girl.

positive traits
KIND - HONEST - DETERMINED - INTELLIGENT - BRAVE - STUBBORN - DEDICATED - LOYAL - TRUSTWORTHY - SOCIABLE -OUTGOING - INQUISITIVE - DARING - LOGICAL - BOLD - ADVENTUROUS - MATERNAL - INDEPENDENT (usually) - PERSUASIVE - RELIABLE
negative traits
BLUNT - QUIET - DEPENDENT (on her brother) - DOESN'T SHOW EMOTIONS - CAN BE ARGUMENTATIVE - SARCASTIC - STUBBORN - RASH - UNFLIRTY - COMPLICATED - TOO INQUISITIVE
hobbies/interests
- DUELLING - CHARMS - HEXES - CURSES - DRINKING - SCRAPPING (with her friends) - EXPLORING - HIKING - SWIMMING - RUNNING - BAKING (It's the only thing she can do in the kitchen, and even then it doesn't always end well) - TINKERING - LOOKING FOR HER BROTHER - IRRITATING CLAUDE
accomplishments
"I became an Auror."

character history
"Better hold on tight, because my life isn't a walk in the park.

I was born Leena Miller, I'm the secondborn child of Christal Miller, a muggle and Kiegal Miller, a wizard. I have an older brother named Kai who went missing when he was twenty and I was eighteen, but we'll get to that later. I didn't have the ideal start to life, my family were quite poor and we lived in borderline poverty. That was probably why I was so close to Kai, we only really had each other, that was until Claude came along when I was two. Anyway, dad didn't work. He stayed home and got drunk and relied on my mother for our income but she didn't have a good enough education to get herself a decent job.

Kai and I were often left to fend for ourselves because our mum was always busy working and on a night, dad would go out to the pub and crawl up in the early hours of the morning after Kai had put us to bed. Really, my big brother was my parent from a very young age. That would probably explain why I depend on him so much, now that I think about it. Anyway, to get by Kai and I often used to pickpocket from strangers. We worked as a team, the innocent little toddler would cry whilst Kai would swipe what he could from their pockets when they were distracted. As I got older and started to outgrow my 'cuteness', Kai taught me how to pickpocket the way he did. It was during this time that we met Claude. He was living rough too and in a weird way, that just seemed to help us connect with him and our duo became a trio. The three of us were inseparable. Kai and Claude always seemed closer but I still had a damn good relationship with Claude and he became like a second brother to me.

The years passed by and when Kai and I were old enough to start school and nursery, mum became the owner of a pretty successful little bakery, tucked away in the corner of London. How did we get the money? Well, Granddad Miller passed away when I was four. Grandma Miller had died during the Second Wizarding War, she was a Healer who got in the way of the killing curse. Granddad though died of a heart attack, but the man had money. It was sad, but we'd never been overly close to them. When mum and dad got married, they lost contact. I still don't quite understand why. But when granddad died, that was the wake-up call dad needed and he stopped drinking and started to help out mum in the bakery. Our life actually became happy and comfortable for once and I started to bond with my dad, instead of fearing him. We moved into a slightly better house and Claude practically started living with us, he never talked about his home life and our family never asked, we just looked after. The weird thing is though, his parents never came looking for him.

On weekends, when I wasn't at nursery I helped out in the bakery, those are some of my fondest memories with my parents and probably also why it isn't a complete disaster when I bake now. When I was about five, Kai started showing signs of magic. Of course, we'd expected it because of dad but what we hadn't expected was Claude to soon start showing signs of magic too! We thought he was just a muggle, how wrong we'd been. I was a little older than Kai when I started showing magic. I was about seven and at first mum and dad had worried I may be a squib, but as it was... I was just a late bloomer.

When Kai and Claude started Hogwarts, I really felt it. I'd gone from always being around them, to it being just me, mum and dad; but I kept busy, studied at school and helped out at the bakery to earn a little pocket money. When I was eleven though, I got my letter and I was excited, it wasn't even that world that I was looking forward to, although that was a little exciting, I was looking forward to being with my brother and Claude again. I'm pretty sure the boys had a bet as to which house I was in, but they were both so wrong! They each wanted me in their house but I showed them! I ended up being sorted into Gryffindor.

School went well, I became my own person, although I did stay close to my brother and Claude I had my own friends; guys mainly. So when they graduated it wasn't too bad. Kai and Claude spoke constantly about wanting to be Aurors after graduating and the pair stayed true to their word. It had gone from us being three kids living in the slums, to two of us being successful. I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I graduated but luckily I had two years to decide. Things were actually starting to go well for the Miller family.

It didn't last though. When I was in my last year at Hogwarts, Claude came to visit me in Hogsmeade, I hadn't even been expecting him because I knew how busy his training was going, especially with him getting so close to becoming a fully fledged Auror. As it was though, the visit was less than pleasant. He told me about how Kai had gone missing and that people were worried. Mum and dad hadn't heard from Kai and neither had she or Claude, it was worrying, to say the least. After that visit though, I got a visit, this time from Kai. It was the Hogsmeade visit and there was something ominous about it. He told me that he needed me to step up and do what he couldn't. That he had other things to do and that he'd be back in contact with me should the need ever arise. He asked me to embrace Kai and practically told me to become him. It was weird, but I'd always followed my brother's words, he'd never led me wrong so far.

It was from that day that I started being referred to as Kai, I was no longer Leena to my friends and I always corrected the people who called me Leena, until they just learnt that I was now Kai. As my brother asked, I joined the Auror Training Program, I hadn't been thrilled about the idea at first, but I later embraced it and I was with Claude again. We were often given tasks together and we unofficially became partners in the Auror career, we seemed to work better as a team it seemed. He calls me Kai now, but sometimes it slips and he calls me Leena. He's the only person I let do that but luckily he doesn't take advantage of that now. I recently became an actual Auror and dropped the training; things are intense now, especially with the flu but I have Claude and I'm determined to find my brother, I need to know he's okay. He told me that he'd contact me when he needed me, but something doesn't sit right with that. So Claude and I are making it our own little task to find Kai, and find out exactly what is going on with him. It's a task and ambitious, but I know my brother would do it for me, especially if he had an inkling of worry that something wasn't right. Just like I do, a gut feeling really."

parents
Kiegal and Christal Miller
siblings
Kai Miller (older brother), 25, Death Eater Supporter and Hit Wizard (but not for the Ministry, he wanted to go rogue, she doesn't know any of this though), Ravenclaw Alum

Claude, 25 (Not really her brother, but as good as). Auror, Slytherin Alum
children
No.
partner
No.
other family
No.
family history
Christal Victor was born in 1970 to muggle parents and she too ended up being a muggle. She studied hard in school and had aspirations to be a baker from a young age. Things didn't turn out quite that way though and when she was 18, she met and fell in love with Kiegal Miller. They had quite a whirlwind romance at first, when she learnt that her new beau was a Wizard, things were a little wary and unsure. They had an on and off relationship for a few years until 1992 when he finally proposed and she excitedly accepted. Once they were married, things went well and not a year after their marriage in Spring of 1993, their first child was born, a healthy boy and then two years later Leena was born. Things continued to go well until 1996 when Kiegal's mother was murdered in a freak accident. Kiegal started drinking and soon quit his job, leaving Christal to have to try and earn and raise her children alone. Five years later though, she opened a bakery and things started to look up. Kiegal stopped drinking and what had been a one person run bakery, soon became a couple run business. Christal still has her bakery tucked away in that little corner of London but has slowly upgraded from being quaint to being a somewhat well-known bakery amongst Muggles.

Kiegal Miller was born in 1963 to a half-blood father and muggleborn mother. He always had a good upbringing and wanted for nothing which left him a little naive to the real world. However, when he was 11 he started attended Hogwarts, a Ravenclaw like his son and he blossomed. Upon graduating he started training to be a Dragon Keeper, but a freak accident that left him with severe burns on his legs and arms made him rethink his whole career and he instead settled for a simple shop job. When his mother died in 1996, Kiegal spiralled and began to drink to cope. He became selfish and aggressive and his family paid for it dearly. When his father died, however, Kiegal realised the mistakes he'd made by pushing his father away with his drinking, when he too was mourning the loss of his wife. That made Kiegal rethink his decisions and after a trying year, the wizard became sober and started to help his wife with her bakery and to catch up on times with his children that he'd missed due to his drinking.

other
face claim
Emeraude Toubia
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Eeyup
how did you hear about us?
Can't remember
roleplay sample
"I have a complicated life."

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 8, 2019 0:04:45 GMT -5

Accepted

@kai - Unfortunately, your immune % is too high for her to be immune, so she has been sorted as Infected!