Pureblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Infected
occupation
Fourth Year Alchemy and Potionology Student at Bangor | Potioneer's Apprentice
general appearance
Evan is not the tallest guy around. He's only 5'10. But he doesn't think that's too bad. He's built like the Beater that he was. Strong arms, and toned abs. He makes sure that he works out, and takes care of himself. He knows that he's good looking, and he knows just what he can do with his hair if he styles it right. A smirk, and a flash of those baby blue eyes that come from the Rosier side of the family, and he thinks he's pretty much set. 

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Slytherin
achievements
Prefect: Fall 2012 - Spring 2015

Fall 2009 - Spring 2011 - Reserve Beater (2nd and 3rd Years)
Fall 2011 - Spring 2015 - Beater (4th - 7th Years) 
Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 - Captain

Alchemy Club: Fall 2012 - Spring 2015
Dueling Club: Fall 2008 - Spring 2015
Mock Wizengamot: Fall 2008 - Spring 2015
Potions Club: Fall 2008 - Spring 2015

university
Bangor University
university major(s)
Potionology
years attended
Fall 2015 - Present

skills
Potions - It's really not hard to be good at something that you just seem to have a natural gift for. And he really does have a knack for this. 

Dueling - He's a Rosier. If you have any questions, go look at his mother's record. And his uncles. And Bulstrodes aren't bad duelist themselves when it comes down too it. Even if they do turn out more academics and scholars. 

Good With His Hands - He got this from his mama. If he tried hard enough he thinks he might even be able to fashion a wand. A bad one, that wouldn't do anything but blow your arm off. But he thinks he could at least make it look pretty. 

Charms - He says 'Charming', I say he was actually good at Charms. 

Gardening - His mother's rose garden is a source of pride. If they wanted to spend time with her in the spring, they learned to garden. 

Cooking - This he also got from his mother. Though he's not sure that he should be boasting about it. 

Dark Arts - "Duh." Is that al- "Yup." Okay then. 
weaknesses
Family - He thinks that it's complicated, but his family will always come first, and he loves them. He would do anything to please his parents. His father especially. He knows how badly Tarquin wants to restore the Bulstrode name to what it was supposed to have been all along. 

His Name - Evan. It's a sore spot. It was his uncle's name. His mother's other half, in a way. They were always so close. And he can see it in her eyes sometimes. Just how much that choice helps and hurts her. 

Telling People The Truth - "Okay that's not what she meant." Fine, You explain it. "She meant keeping my mouth shut. It's a Rosier problem." 

Temper - I mean... You've met his uncle right? His mother's the same way. They don't handle tempers all that well. 

Divination - Ask him what he thinks about Divination, I dare you. 

Runes - "Runes look like scribbles on a page. That's all I got." 
positive traits
Adaptable, Agreeable, Alert, Amusing, Articulate, Brilliant, Calm, Capable, Charismatic, Charming, Clear-headed, Clever, Competitive, Considerate, Decisive, Dedicated, Farsighted, Flexible, Focused, Hardworking, Honorable, Insightful, Intelligent, Intuitive, Logical, Loyal, Observant, Optimistic, Old-fashioned, Patient, Preceptive, Persuasive, Protective, Reliable, Resourceful, Respectful, Responsible, Responsive, Sophisticated, Studious, Well-bred, Well-read, Well-rounded
negative traits
Abrasive, Abrupt, Arrogant, Assertive, Blunt, Brutal, Calculating, Conventional, Crafty, Decadent, Deceitful, Demanding, Irritable, Manipulative, Opinionated, Prejudiced, Presumptuous, Secretive, Snarky, Vindictive
hobbies/interests
Gardening - Try Growing Up With His Mum and Not Liking Gardening, We Dare You - Reading - Potions - Invention - Being An Annoying Little Brother - Always Enjoying Being the Youngest - Drinking - Quidditch
accomplishments
He doesn't think he has any of these just yet.

character history
"I was born in the late spring of 1997. A year before the world went all to hell. I don't really remember much of my childhood. Though I suppose that it could have been worse. Dad could have ended up in Azkaban. But he didn't. We ended up in an apartment instead. Not Knockturn, because Mum refused, but it was just about as bad. Mum stayed home with us while Dad went to work at the camps. I don't know if they ever realized that Mum was making wands on the side. That that was where some of the Death Eaters kept getting new ones when they took theirs. But it was working. They were getting by. And I remember Mum crying, when it got real bad. I remember seeing her standing there, leaning against the door to Penny and I's shared room, when she thought that we were asleep, and she would cry. 

I don't remember how old I was when I decided that she was never going to feel like that again. It had to be right after Durant took over. And that was... I don't know, 2007? Something like that. A year before I went away to school. A year of being in that place, and watching her be sad. Watching her worry about us. She had been a professor. Dad had had a decent enough job. We hadn't had the worst of it. But then we had. And I hated it. But there wasn't much I could do at ten years old. Now though? Now I can do something about it. No one is going to make my mum cry again. 

Hogwarts was alright I suppose. It was a distraction from everything that happened. And that was good. I don't think that I could have held it together if the same sort of things were happening there. But there were enough of us, in Slytherin especially, that there was just this kind of pact not to talk about it. That we weren't going to worry about what it was that was going on out there, so long as no one that we loved was dying. And it worked, for awhile. 

I don't think any of us really forgot, but it was better than nothing. It was better than just pretending that it didn't exist. We were all in that mess together, after all. We were all the kids of Death Eaters. And I'm glad I graduated when I did. What happened the next fall. Ed got hurt, so did Jamie. I don't think Mum or Aunt Ris, or Uncle Carlisle have ever really gotten over that. The fact that they got hurt in that fire. It was enough to spark something in everyone. 

And then things started to get better. People started getting better jobs. The Ministry was taken over, and Wentzell wasn't a great choice, but I'm not solid on the fact that Aunt Andi was either. She's a healer. And right now she's acting like it. Which I guess is what we need, when it comes down to it. But if someone kills her we're going to have a hell of a fight, because I'm going to venture a guess that that'll piss off the whole family. And then where will we be? The Lestranges, the Rosiers, the Malfoys, some Bulstrodes, some Flints, probably some Tripes. That are out for blood for whomever thinks that they can get away with that? It'll be a mess... 

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Everyone just needs to keep their anger issues to themselves and it'll be fine. I guess the bright spot is that I finally met my betrothed. @rebecca . Funny, that Jules chose an Avery, and Rebecca is an Avery. Cousins? I think. Ironic. But really in the end we've got time before anything has to happen there. She's young. Not young enough that it's really weird, she's not a little kid or anything. She's just young. And that'll fade with time. It's less of a gap than a lot of purebloods I know. Hopefully she thinks it's a decent match too. I think it'll work out just fine. 

And if I gave her my old quidditch sweatshirt, well, what can I say, I'm a little possessive. After meeting her before Christmas I had decided to get her something. And then she introduced me to her horse. And my gut instinct said 'get her a horse necklace', but there's just something about that that felt all cliché, and dumb. So I got her a necklace, but it has a dolphin on it. Because dolphins are happy, and playful, and they make people smile. But if you push them just the right way, they are fierce, and protective. But most of all, they are loyal. So... As cliché as a horse would have been. She got a dolphin." 

parents
Tarquin Isodorus Bulstrode - 56 - Slytherin Alum - British Seat of the International Confederation - Lufkin University (Business, Political Science, Spell Invention)

Lucinda Vittoria Bulstrode (née Rosier) - 54 - Slytherin Alum - Wandmaker - Lufkin University Alum (Spell Invention, Wandmaking)
siblings
Penelope Bulstrode - 23 - Slytherin Alum - Nurse - Gráinneog Institute Alum (Medicine)
children
Nope
partner
He has a Betrothed, does that count?
other family
Um, Yes?
family history
We'll Steal Some Bulstrode from Jules, just watch us. Okay, well we were going to steal this from someone, but no one has really written one. Which is tricky. So here goes. 

Bulstrodes:

His father is the second son of the disgraced Lord. His uncle took the title and told his father to step aside, or risk what would look like a mutany. Of course, they couldn't have that. So Thaddeus took over. He was married to Eleanor, and together they had two children. Loraine, who's the older of the two, and Jules. Who is now the Lord, since his own father passed away. That was a long time ago though, and Eleanor served as proxy until he was old enough to actually take over the family. Now Eleanor and Roma and their children sit at the head of the line, while his own father works in the Ministry, and his mother lost her job as a professor due to the magic that was stolen from all of them. 

He's got a half-aunt that they don't talk about. And he's sure that his father would rather not like to think about it at all. Tarquin and Lucy really do love one another, and he thinks that they are the prime example of what a relationship should turn out to be. They are supportive, and caring, and he just wants his future relationship with Rebecca to imitate that of his parents. He thinks that they will have done something right if they can turn out halfway like Tarquin and Lucinda Bulstrode. 

Rosiers:

The Rosier's are an old French family that have become a part of England's Sacred 28 over the years. They first moved to England in order to fulfill a marriage contract between the only son of the Rosier line, and another family, the Crouches. The youngest Crouch daughter, Adelaide, was married to Philippe Rosier and it was from that union that the Rosier family spread in England. They had ties to many of the other families, and became known as one of the powerful houses. As the years went forth, and the nineteenth century turned into the twentieth the Rosier family came to produce more daughters than they did sons. This would only continue to be a problem if the sons died out completely.

Alas, that was not a problem. When Edmund Rosier was born, in 1926, he was the only son of a man with two daughters. His own father, Laurent, was the son of Philippe and Adelaide, and he knew that he had to have sons in order for all of this to work out. When Evan was born it was the perfect answer for all of the girls that had been born first. Knowing that though they had one son it was not good enough, Edmund and Vittoria had tried again. When they were given a daughter that would never do, and so they had continued on with first a third, and then a fourth child, Carlisle. Edmund's younger sister, Druella, married into the Black family, and raised three daughters with Cygnus Black, Bellatrix, Andromeda, and Narcissa. And his elder sister, Irene, married into the Tripe family and raised a daughter and a son. 

When the Dark Lord rose to power Edmund was a part of his original inner circle. He expected for both of his sons to follow suit when they were old enough to take the mark. Of course, he had never anticipated that his eldest son would die in battle. Evan was lost to them before he had married, or started a family of his own. Leaving Carlisle to fill the shoes of his older brother, and become the heir of the family. Both of the daughters were married into other lines, Lucinda to the Bulstrodes, and Arista to the Flints.

other
He's apprenticing with his Aunt, if she'll still have him.
face claim
Zac Efron
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
We make the rules.
how did you hear about us?
The goop in the bottom of a cauldron.
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff