Halfblood
sexual orientation
Er, well, girls?
epidemic x status
Immune because of age
occupation
Student
general appearance
Dionysus would describe himself as perfectly average. He stands at an average height of 5'11" and has a very typical body. He's not muscular by any means but his slender physique makes what little muscle he may have appear more prominent. Still, he's a bit scrawnier looking than some of his peers. He has fair skin which tends to burn easily in the sun but if given the opportunity he'd certainly tan. Most of his features are lighter thanks to his Scandinavian heritage. Nys has light green eyes with a yellowish under glow and sandy blond hair. Despite his light features he often looks as though he's feeling rather dark inside. His natural face is quite stern looking with straight, low brows that always make it seem as though he's scowling at something. There is no natural up or downturn to his lips and they too are often straight and scolding. When he does smile though it is apparent throughout his entire face and is quite a sight to behold as he doesn't often smile completely. Nys even claims to dress blandly on purpose. He prefers plain clothing and, actually, prefers to dress in mostly button up shirts. He typically stays in house robes whenever he's at Hogwarts, save for weekends and internships. 

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Uhhhhh
achievements
Intern for Department of Justice (We're hoping)
Drama Club (shhhh, don't tell his mates) (2016/17 - Present)
The Advocate Club (2015/16 - Present)
Yearbook Club (2015/16 - Present)

university
"I am sure that Ina and Pita have many in mind for me."
university major(s)
"Law most likely." (Though he'd much rather pursue a career in the arts)
years attended
Coming Soon in 2020!

skills
Photography, Acting, Multilingual (English, Hindi - Rajasthani, Filipino, Icelandic, & Shona), Keeping His Friends In Line, Memorization, Controlling Water (Elemental), Bottling Stress, Keeping Up With The Extremely High Demands Of His Parents, School, Organization, Eye Rolling
weaknesses
Disapproval, Anxiety, Stickler For The Rules, Easily Swayed By Friends, Letting Loose, Depression, Flying
positive traits
Ambitious, Cautious, Conscientious, Cultured, Decisive, Diligent, Faithful, Honest, Humble, Intelligent, Obedient, Responsible, Sober, Studious
negative traits
Anxious, Arrogant, Critical, Depressed, Domineering, Dissatisfied, Finicky, Frank, Obsequious, Sarcastic
hobbies/interests
Photography, Acting, Pleasing His Parents, Serving As The Unofficial Lawyer For The Ironic Fam, Keeping His Friends Out Of Trouble, Drawing, Jazz, Learning About Other Cultures, Placing Bets (He's Very Good At Knowing When Art's Crushes Will End), Avoiding Drinking, Not Going To Wineries, Travel, Surprising His Mates With Outgoing Bursts Now And Again
accomplishments
"Zeph's not died yet and nobody's in jail. I'm doing a proper job of being the responsible friend."

character history
"I am adopted. If you've ever met my family it's very apparent that we're all just a little different. Ina, that's what I call my mum, is from the Philippines. Pita, my dad, comes from India and my sister and I both come from very different parts of the globe. Different hemisphere's even. I was born in 2002 in Iceland and not but two weeks after my birth did I officially become a Yadav. To this day I'm not sure who exactly my birth parents really are-- though Ina has detailed records somewhere. She's offered me to go meet them but I can't really find a point in it. They gave me up for a reason and I suppose it's my duty to then give them up in return. Besides, the family I ended up with I wouldn't trade for all the world. They can be a little overbearing at times, yes, but we are very close and my parents are trying their best to give us all the things they never had. Both of them grew up poor, you see, and my sister and I both come from less than ideal situations. We're a big band of misfits trying to prove that birth does not determine how successful you are or....something like that. Pita's most obsessed with it. Seeing where he comes from I can understand why, what with the caste system and all. 

Anyway, I was adopted first and a few short years later my sister Nan was adopted out of Zimbabwe. I don't remember much about that time. I do recall spending time in Africa but what I remember is more about the heat and less about the actual place. I do recall accidentally setting off a small whirlpool in Lake Manyame-- wasn't very skilled as an elemental at the tender age of three I suppose. Now, though, I feel that I know Zimbabwe very well. We've gone multiple times and it's a rather interesting place. Our parents are quite stringent about making sure that we know the cultures from which we came-- to the point that Nan and I speak an ungodly amount of languages because of the abundance of cultures in our home. Not that we were given much of a choice. Ina and Pita are quite stringent on many things and we've learned to sort of go with the flow of it. Besides we both really like the travel and given my parents professions it's something we do a lot of. My father's a dragonolgist and we spend a great deal of our summers chasing dragon's with him. Ina hates it, absolutely despises it, and if she didn't love wine so much I don't think she'd let Pita do it. She's a travel writer, you see, specifically for a Wine appreciation magazine. It's actually the largest wine magazine in the world, quite an accomplishment, though she hates the work. Says if it were up to her she's simply drink the wine all day and not spend a moment writing about it, but it pays a great deal and gives her something to do when Pita's chasing horntails or what have you.

It's my Ina's hatred of their jobs that has caused the greatest stress for me and my sister, but we deal with it well. As far back as either of us can really remember Ina has been enrolling us in all sorts of things: piano lessons, extra classes, elemental training, extensive language courses. I swear that I was busier as a child than I have been since I've started Hogwarts, and that is really saying something! It's all in the name of progression, I suppose, she wants us to have better jobs than she and Pita have. Safer jobs. Steady and prestigious jobs. Ones that pay a lot so we can have all the wine our hearts desire....though, I'm sure she means as much as her heart desires. Neither of us children drink. I think we're both fed up with even the smell of wine at this point and anything else just doesn't tickle our fancy. Yes, when we weren't busy drowning in whatever Ina wanted us to do we were often forced to accompany her on trips to wineries. I can't tell you how sick I became of wineries, even grapes in general, I'm tired of them all. Needless to say I was quite thrilled to make my escape to the castle when my time came. That's not to say Ina's not had her eye on me the entire time-- I assure you, she's likely on first name basis with all my instructors by now. She's extremely diligent about checking up on us kids and it's....well, it's actually a little insulting. I've done quite well in all my classes since the start of things! Even through the madness of a fireball being launched through the great hall and multiple attacks, I've kept steadfast in my studies. My fourth year was likely the most difficult for me, and not because of my classes, but because I was worried for my sister. She was very young and, unlike me, we weren't exactly sure of her heritage. We knew she had magic, and she's an elemental too (my parent's have a knack for collecting, even us kids), but whether or not she came from muggleborns or even if she were a muggleborn herself we did not know. Our adoptive parents are both halfbloods, so we held out hope during lock down that they'd simply go on that and not some....magic detector or something. Thankfully she was spared registration, which was the biggest sigh of relief I think we as a family have ever let out collectively. 

Since then, though, things have sort of evened out. We've learned to deal with new headmasters and curriculum changes on the fly-- and we're doing quite well I must say. I've continued to keep my high grades, though I am actually a little sad that they removed the Dark Art's from our curriculum. It was sort of fun to learn about the 'forbidden arts'. I've been working, too, on gaining further control of my elemental abilities. I always thought water was such a boring thing to have power over, but I will say that it does get me out of drinking with my mates quite often. It's much more interesting to hand me a glass of water than an ale. Sort of a Godsend, really. My hopes are to make it through the rest of the year without any incident. It does seem that every other year something insane seems to happen at Hogwarts and at this rate I'd just like to make it to graduation. Or at least through my sixth year unscathed."

parents
Krishna Yadav - Adoptive Father
Mayari Yadav (née Santos) - Adoptive Mother
siblings
Nantosuelta "Nan" Yadav - Younger Sister
children
None
partner
None
other family
The Ironic Fam -- Most Importantly!
family history
Krishna Yadav was named after the Hindu God of compassion and tenderness. He was born in Jaipur, India in a society that had outlawed the caste system but with a culture that never stopped it's use. Krishna was born relatively low within the caste in what would be considered the high Sudra, low Vaishya grouping. His father worked selling trinkets to the tourists outside of his cart. In truth the man was a very skilled charmer and metalworker. He sold many trinkets that had been charmed to move or dance and tourists chalked it up to the high level of craftsmanship that could be found in Jaipur and not a matter of magic. Krishna's mother worked as a maid for a well off family for the majority of her life. Together they had three children that the well off family became accustomed to seeing time and again when his mother wasn't able to find family to watch her children. The wife of the household died and left each of the children a small amount of money to try and work their ways up in the world. Krishna used his sum of money to afford himself the ability to attend Lig-na-Paiste Institute of Dragons in Ireland. He had always dreamed of working closely with the creatures and found that he was always drawn to their fiery breath. He graduated with high marks and went on to study within the field for the remainder of his life, even publishing a few works on the beasts.

Mayari Santos was named after the Tagalog Goddess of the moon. She, much like the moon, was tied directly to the ocean. She was born and raised in Manila, Philippines very close to the ocean. Her parents worked on the port for the entirety of her life and it was where she first developed her love of the ocean, cultures, and surprisingly wine. The delectable drink often came in through means of boat and as she grew older her passion shifted from that of water to that of wine. Her parents had always been hard working and although their jobs never paid much money they always made sure that their daughter was well taken care of. They would give their only child the world wrapped in a bow if they could and it quickly spoiled the girl. She grew fond of the lavish things in life such a yachts and wine, only to grow older and graduate from school to find that those things were not easy to come by without money. Mayari hated the idea of working her fingers to the bones like her parents did so she decided to make her own way elsewhere. She began traveling, mostly backpacking, and indulging herself in her one true love-- wine! She often wrote articles for a blog that she had started about her experiences and taste preferences. This eventually lead to her being scouted by a large wine magazine, Decanter, asking for her to begin working for them exclusively. They had bases in both the UK and the US and she was asked to select a location to call her own base. Mayari decided that the UK was ideal given it's closer proximity to Europe, where she will certainly tell you the best wine comes from!

It was simply happenstance that Mayari and Krishna met. They were separately enjoying the same wine at a wine bar in Wales when they happened to notice one another. Krishna had went with a small group of friends to go over an upcoming trip to Romania to study the Romanian Longhorn during mating season and Mayari had hopes to write a segment on the wine bar for an upcoming issue of Decanter. The two engaged in casual conversation and found that they rather liked one another. They began seeing each other, casually at first and then seriously as time went on. After their third year together the two tied the knot and decided to start a family. Not just any family, but a family that they would choose for themselves. Mayari was never interesting in carrying children of her own and the both of them loved the idea of giving children born with less a home that would give them so much more. 

The couple was picky. Extremely picky, to the point that what they were looking for in the children they wanted seemed almost impossible to obtain. They wanted magical children, naturally with Krishna's career it was a must, but they wanted children who were gifted with a little more than just that. Mayari had always had a taste for the finer things and she was thrilled when her adoption agent told her of an infant born in Iceland with elemental abilities in dealing with water. The couple quickly ventured to Iceland to meet the infant and instantly fell in love with him. Within two weeks of his birth they had finalized all their paperwork and took the infant in as their own. Mayari adored the baby and praised that he was everything she ever wanted. A bairn that could control water, her first true love, and she even named him Dionysus, after the god of wine-- her second love.

Immediately following Dionysus' adoption the couple began search for another child, this next was to be the child of Krishna's dreams. It took three years time but when they finally found the next child they were going to adopt they were over the moon. This child was slightly older than their first when they first laid eyes on her. The baby, just five months old at the time, was already showing early signs of her elemental power. People in her village claimed that whenever the child would throw a tantrum the pyres in the area would grow as though someone had poured gasoline on them. When she cried they'd dwindle down and some would go out completely. It was clear that she was blessed with fire elemental powers and because of that Krishna loved the child dearly. He had always been enraptured by flame, especially the flames of dragons. They adopted the young girl and named her Nantosuelta after the Celtic Goddess of fire. The Yadav family was finally complete, though Mayari has never given up the search for yet another elemental child to take in. The seach hasn't been fruitful in almost thirteen years and the family is quite content with the foursome they currently are.

other
Nys was born a water elemental. His parents have been very adamant about him learning to control himself but there are times that he slips up and might.....make it rain in Potions class. Very sorry.
face claim
Niclas Gillis
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Yeah Buddy!
how did you hear about us?
It was printed on a nice bottle of wine
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 5, 2019 20:28:15 GMT -5

Pending!

Hi hi!

So this is in the family history:

Mayari had always had a taste for the finer things and she was thrilled when her adoption agent told her of an infant born in Iceland with elemental abilities in dealing with water. How, she wondered, were they able to determine this so young? Well, turns out the lad had already begun manipulating the water within his mother's womb far before his birth. There were times the woman's stomach would rage with tiny storms the baby cast about and when her water broke...well, they assured her it was quite the spectacle.

Unfortunately, I do not believe it is possible for that to happen. Before an elemental can control their powers, any outbursts would be accidental magic, and we have no canon reason to think that a baby in utero can have bursts of accidental magic.

But that’s it!
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 5, 2019 20:44:56 GMT -5

I removed

How, she wondered, were they able to determine this so young? Well, turns out the lad had already begun manipulating the water within his mother's womb far before his birth. There were times the woman's stomach would rage with tiny storms the baby cast about and when her water broke...well, they assured her it was quite the spectacle.
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 7, 2019 17:30:03 GMT -5

Accepted as a 6th Year Ravenclaw!