Sweet but twisted, does that make me a Candy Cane?

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Dec 31, 2018 1:02:40 GMT -5

Brandon Dylan Edwards
by Julia
birthday
blood status
Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Sick
occupation
Student
general appearance
Brandon is rather tall at 6"4" and has sandy brown hair and big blue eyes. He likes to keep a five o' clock shadow but he doesn't ever really let his facial hair grow past that. He is mostly just too lazy to keep it too clean but cares just enough not to let it grow out. He is athletic and his body shows it, he is rather muscular and fit.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Gryffindor
achievements
Creatures Club Member- 2015-2018
Runology Club Member-2015-2018

university
Lufkin
university major(s)
Archaeology
years attended
Fall 2018- present

skills
Expansive historical knowledge- If it happened in the past he knows about it.
Ancient Runes- This was one of his favorite subjects at Hogwarts and it was also a club that he was a member of for three years. He knows his stuff. 
Rugby and Water Polo- He is rather athletic and enjoys sports for past times as it keeps him entertained, challenged, and in shape. 
Gems- He can recognize and determine quite a lot about gems and he also has a very impressive collection of them at home. 
Magical Creatures- He knows a lot about both magical and non-magical creatures but magical ones are his specialty and he enjoys researching them in his spare time, he never knows what he might find in his chosen career profession but it is better to be safe than sorry. 
Geography- He is also very knowledgeable on geography, he spends a lot of his time studying maps and learning about the world.
weaknesses
Strength- Yes, Strength can be a weakness, not just physical strength but also emotional strength, he hides his emotions well and he is very guarded at times. 
His Parents- He loves them dearly, and he missed them quite a lot while they were away exploring the world. 
His Sister- She knows too much! Just Kidding, but she definitely knows him better than almost anyone and that can be trouble if he ever gets on her bad side. 
His Age- He is young and he knows it, but he also feels more than ready to join the field that he has been trained for his entire life. 
Fear of Failure- Even though he knows his stuff, he still is worried that he will not live up to his parent's name or his own expectations. 
Impulsive- He lives life as a verb, always doing something and sometimes it can make him seem a bit aimless or impatient. 
positive traits
Confident, Charming, Compassionate, Caring, Debonair, Energetic, Driven, Clever, Passionate about the things he loves like Archaeology, Humorous, and Athletic.
negative traits
Guarded, Competitive, Can sometimes come across as arrogant, Sarcastic, Assertive, Dreamer, Wandering, and a bit impulsive. 
hobbies/interests
Researching, Studying gems, history, ancient runes, and languages, rugby, water polo, and anything that deals with Archaeology.
accomplishments
"It's not the age honey, it's the milage." -So far he has accompanied his parents on two archaeological trips, but he was given very little credit for his work with them. He is often seen as young and inexperienced in his field even though he has had a lot of experience and it can be frustrating for him. 

character history
"I had an interesting childhood, it was happy mostly, but also exciting. I was born in Brentwood, Tennesse to Shawna and Kieth Edwards. We lived a rather well off existence, my grandparents had left my parents a small fortune from their oil stocks and agriculture business. Something was always missing for my parents though and it was somewhat noticeable to me, and even to my little sister Ashley. She is two years younger than me but the two of us have always been close and she is the person I trust most in this world. My parents told us from a young age about their adventures as archaeologists and we were always enamored with each and every story. It was always very clear to us that this is what was missing in their lives, the adventure, the excitement, it was a huge part of who they were and they were not going to stay away from it forever. When I was eight years old we moved to the U.K. and we gained a nanny, she was a kind old woman who took good care of my sister and I as my parents picked back up on their exploring. 

Magic was never a question in my household, both my sister and I showed signs of magic very early on and my parents were more than delighted to teach us all they knew. When my Hogwarts letter came it had been excitedly expected although it was unfortunate that my parents were not there with us when it happened. They did make it just in time to drop me off at the train station my first year though and it was a moment I will likely never forget. However, for the last seven years, I have not seen much of my parents, they are always off galavanting around the world and finding all sorts of new adventures and treasures. I am very proud of them though, one might think I would be resentful, but that is more my sister's area of expertise than mine. 

I took quite a different approach to my parent's absence, instead of hating them and everything they had accomplished I chose to embrace it. Archaeology is in my blood, its a large part of who I am and there is nothing I can do to change that nor would I want to. Instead, I am following in their footsteps. I have made use of the times I do see them or use of their library when they are away and have taught myself quite a bit. I have also traveled with them many summers and seen and learned a lot from that as well. I graduated Hogwarts in the spring and I have now officially started school at Lufkin working towards my degree in Archaeology so that I might be taken more seriously in the field. The biggest problem I seem to face is being judged on my age or by the accomplishments of my parents. It has been hard to step out of their shadow but I intend to do just that."

parents
Shawna and Keith Edwards
siblings
Ashley (16)
children
None
partner
None
other family
He has some in Tennesse and some in Georgia.
family history
Shawna Jackson was born and raised in Brentwood, Tennesse and her parents were rather well off in their small town. They had inherited oil stocks as well as invested in some themselves. They also owned and operated a successful agricultural business and it had left them with the ability to live among high society in Tennesse. Shawna was a curious child from very early on and during her time at Ilvermorny she was sorted into the Thunderbird house rather quickly and she never stopped learning from that moment on. She spent a great deal of time in the library and did a lot of research. She found things of the past very interesting and it was around this time that she met another Thunderbird like herself who had a similar interest. 

Keith Edwards was also from a well to do family but he grew up in Georgia just outside of Atlanta. His family like Shawna had a few successful businesses and they all seemed to be like-minded individuals. Shawna and Keith did not care about all of that though they only knew that they liked spending time together in the library researching and learning new things. When the pair graduated in 1990 they both traveled down to Egypt for a while and learned some about archaeology, the pair fell in love with it. They both began traveling the world as successful archaeologists and completed several successful digs. 

The next four years were spent traveling the globe and learning all sorts of new things and making discoveries together, it was a time that was both thrilling and enjoyable for them both. It also brought them closer than ever before. Then in 1994, they were called home by Shawna's aging parents. They passed on their fortune to the couple on the condition that they would marry and settle down. They liked the idea of this new adventure and so they did just that getting married and soon welcoming a son and a daughter. Still, something was clearly missing and when the children were eight and six they decided to leave the family home and move to the U.K. seeking to reignite their love for archaeology. It has been nothing but traveling and excavating ever since. 

other
N/A
face claim
Zach Roerig
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Of Course :)
how did you hear about us?
Once upon a time...
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 5, 2019 20:46:49 GMT -5

Pending!

Hi! If you can add some more weaknesses, that would be great! His parents and his sister kind of combine into one so he could do with a couple more!

Also obviously this will not impact your app getting sorted, but just so you know — his photo for his avatar is pretty meh quality and blurry on my computer! Just thought I would let you know!! :)
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 7, 2019 9:38:52 GMT -5

all fixed and hahaha weaknesses on an app are my weakness lol also I noticed the pic thing too and I ended up deciding to change the face to Zach Roerig instead because he has a lot more pictures. :)
Admin Morgan
Admin Morgan Avatar
staff
8,041 posts
26 years old
Administrator
played by Morgan
"Life ain't all blueberries and paper airplanes, you know what I mean."
options

Post by Admin Morgan on Jan 7, 2019 18:02:43 GMT -5

Accepted

Awww I love him, yay!