Halfblood
sexual orientation
She's still figuring this out
epidemic x status
Student so immune for now!
occupation
Second Year Ravenclaw Student
general appearance
“Well, I’m definitely the shortest out of my siblings. Did that need said? Probably not. But I’m just about five feet tall — not quite, okay, I’ll admit it. But I have every hope that I’m going to grow. My dad is super tall and Bryan is over six feet tall too. Honestly, Ollie is still technically shorter than mum but still. I am eight inches shorter than him. I’m short. Audrey is shorter than me, but she’s five so that doesn’t even count.”

Okay, we’re getting a little caught up on height, let’s just move on, shall we?

“Fine, okay. So, I have dark hair and dark eyes — sorry, mum. We all ended up looking like dad, didn’t we? I usually like my hair relaxed, because it just looks really nice like that. Ever since the first time that I got my hair done, I liked it. But every so often, I keep it natural and curly. Really, it just depends on mood and sometimes the time of year. I mean, I guess… that’s it? Right?”

Sure, you covered just about everything, that’s fine.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
Art Club Member (1st year; 2017-2018)
Astronomy Club Member (1st year; 2017-2018)
Dueling Club Member (1st year; 2017-2018)
Quidditch Enthusiasts Member (1st year; 2017-2018)

(Obviously she’s still in all of these clubs, but FOR THE ROSTER!)

university
-
university major(s)
-
years attended
-

skills
GOOD SWIMMER ❦ She is like a fish. That’s a saying, isn’t it? We’re going to say it is. But she is a very good swimmer. She likes spending time at the lake when it’s warm enough, and she is determined to meet a merperson one of these days. I told her that she just does not have the lung capacity to get down to their community, but she thinks she will figure out a way.
ASTRONOMY ❦ She loves looking up at the stars and she can name… a lot of constellations by this point. Pretty much if you point one out, she knows what it is. Sometimes, she makes them up just for fun, and she always remembers the ones that she makes up too. So, if you were there when she made it up, you better remember too, in case she brings it up!
DRAWING ❦ She’s not as good as Oliver, she will bring that up every time she mentions it, but she’s really not bad. Oliver is the painter really, and she thinks he’s amazing at it. She likes drawing, just with pencil nothing fancy, and she doesn’t have them hanging in the common room or anything but she is not jealous — she thinks that Oliver is amazing, okay.
HISTORY ❦ I don’t think you can be a Shacklebolt and not have some kind of interest in history. Her mum is a historian, her dad is interested in history, Oliver is, Bryan at least kind of is, “But law school.” History of Magic is up there as one of her favorite classes and that’s still with the ever-droning Professor Binns lessons. She actually doesn’t mind that, even though I told her that’s a little crazy.
FREAKISHLY GOOD MEMORY ❦ She thinks that's a rude way of putting it, but it's true. If she met you, she remembers your name. If you told her your favorite food or favorite color or that you were going to vacation in Switzerland two winters ago and did you have fun, yeah, you get the point.
weaknesses
CANNOT FLY ❦ It is a definite mix of poor coordination and being afraid of heights, we will just say that right now. She loves watching Quidditch, but you’re not going to see her on the Quidditch pitch anytime soon.
ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH ❦ She got this from her mum (“Thanks mum—oh I’m kidding!”) Her allergy isn’t as bad as her mum’s, though, but it is still pretty serious. We’re in a bad situation if she eats any, but she’s okay if she touches it.
FLOURISH AND BLOTTS ❦ Weird weakness? Yes, don’t worry, I’ll explain. She was there with her mum and Audrey the day of the Diagon Alley attack, and they were in Flourish and Blotts when it exploded. Her mum got injured way more than they did, since she shielded them, but they all ended up buried under rubble in the shop until they were pulled out. Long story short, as much as she loves reading and books, she does not go into Flourish and Blotts. Not even for her required schoolbooks. She just gives Bryan or Oliver puppy dog eyes until they get the books for her. And she does all of her books-for-fun shopping elsewhere.
POLITICS ❦ Okay, yes, this is sort of weird too, I guess. But her father was Minister, and then people had all sorts of horrible things to say about him, and now the government is run by Death Eaters, and her dad is back in the midst of it, and she just thinks politics is complicated, and messy, and she doesn’t understand why it has to be that way. She thinks that it shouldn’t be, actually, but life is complicated, so politics is too. That’s just how it works, Josie.
DUELING ❦ She is book smart, she's got that down, but when you have a split second to come up with a spell to throw at a person before they beat you do it? Nope. Not her. Not great at it. She's disappointed in herself because she considers her parents to be such badasses ("Language!"), but I told her to give it time. She'll probably get better at it. She is just not so sure.
positive traits
CONSIDERATE  CREATIVE  FRIENDLY  INTELLIGENT  SWEET 
negative traits
CLUMSY (“Okay, unfair, my coordination is just bad sometimes!” FORGETFUL (For as smart as she is, she needs a meticiulously organized planner to not forget assignments or other obligations)  DISORGANIZED  INSECURE (She’s a almost teenager, it kind of comes with the territory when you’re figuring yourself out)  STUBBORN 
hobbies/interests
LOOKING AT THE STARS  MAKING UP CONSTELLATIONS  PAINTING WITH OLIVER (“He’s better, but I try.” DRAWING  WATCHING QUIDDITCH MATCHES  READING  WIZARDS CHESS SWIMMING IN THE BLACK LAKE (And trying to find the merfolk, not that she’ll admit it)  TEACHING HERSELF MERMISH  TALKING UP THE FALCONS  JUST GENERALLY HANGING OUT WITH HER FAMILY 
accomplishments
She’s determined to have these, but not yet…

character history
*ahem*

“Hi. My name is Josephine Oralee Shacklebolt, and my parents are Kingsley and Oralee Shacklebolt.”

Okay, you’re starting this like you’re giving a speech, let’s try this again. This isn’t a school presentation.

“Okay, okay. Hi. I’m Josephine Oralee Shacklebolt, which is the longest name in the history of mankind — thanks parents, so let’s drop the whole Josephine thing and you can call me Josie. Or any variation of the name that suits you, really, it’s long enough for you to be creative. Jos, Phine, Seph, pick it apart and pick a nickname, I really don’t mind. I’ll answer to all of them, most likely. Unless you really take some liberties, then no promises I’ll realize you’re talking to me.

But anyway. I’m sure you heard of my parents, their names are pretty recognizable. Really, the whole Shacklebolt family is full of overachievers that have their names all over the wizarding world, so you have definitely heard of a lot of them. Not me yet, most likely, but I’m working on it. Give it… ten years? Maybe fifteen if I’m being generous. Then I’m sure you’ll have heard of me too. Hopefully.

I was born the third child to my parents and the only girl. For a long while anyway, but we will get to that later.

I know that my father was the Minister, obviously, but I don’t remember that. I was barely one when he was ousted as Minister, so I don’t remember much of that time, but I know what everyone has told me. Anyone calling my dad mentally incompetent has to be mentally incompetent because he’s probably the most talented and capable person that I know, apart from my mum. Sorry, dad.

So most of my early childhood was good — great really, with my family and all of our extended family around, but it was definitely a time where the government was getting a little crazy and I know that my family was worried. From the moment that I was old enough to be able to tell, I knew they were worried.

And now I’m old enough to look back on that and know that what Minister Durant was doing was wrong. Now the tables have turned, and it’s worse. I’m sorry if you think that’s unfair, but it is. What Minister Durant was doing was horrible, but at least Death Eaters are criminals. They, at least, deserved some kind of punishment even if it was taken too far. What is happening now… well, Muggleborns didn’t do anything to deserve that.

Not that there are no bad Muggleborns because I’m sure there are. There are good and bad people everywhere, regardless of blood status, but that’s just not even the point here, is it?”

What is the point, Jos? We’re supposed to be talking about you, remember?

“Oh, right. Sorry, I got a little offtrack. I suppose the point of that was just that there was a lot going on while I was growing up, but at the time, I barely realized it, because my family is just… great, honestly. I love them all, even John when he’s talking about pony farms. Audrey is still my favorite cousin, but picking a favorite aunt is impossible, so don’t ask me to, okay? Just not possible.

Anyway, like I said, it was easy for me to not know a lot of what was going on in the rest of the world at that age. At least until the sixteenth of July in 2016. I was ten years old at the time, and at Flourish and Blotts with my mum and Audrey — my sister, Audrey. Yes, there’s Cousin Audrey and Sister Audrey, it happens, okay?

The point is, someone was in there, and he tried to curse us but mum jumped in front of us. Then there was an explosion and that’s all I remember until they pulled us out of the rubble. If I ever needed a reality check about how bad the world could be, I suppose that was it.

I still refuse to go into Flourish and Blotts, but that’s just not something that we’re going to go into. We got past it. I didn’t want mum to worry about me, not when she had herself and Audrey to worry about, so I only cried when I was alone.

But I’m fine now. Really. As hard as it is to believe, that was two and a half years ago. We got through it. We got through dad leaving, and the divorce, even if I still don’t understand it.

And I started Hogwarts, which was a bit of a bright spot after the attack and the divorce and everything. I was sorted into Ravenclaw. I wasn’t all that surprised by that, really. We’re a bit of mixed bag between those two hours — my mum and Bryan in Gryffindor, and me, my dad, and Oliver in Ravenclaw.

School with a Death Eater in charge of the Minister and Dark Arts class isn’t easy, but I try to focus on the good parts of school. And DADA went back to normal this year, and now we’re getting a new headmistress, so I’m hoping things are going to keep getting better. It seems like they might."

parents
Mother: @oralee - 48, halfblood, Gryffindor alum, Gráinneog Institute Professor of History, Magical Historian, Author, Order of the Phoenix
Father: - 54, pureblood, Ravenclaw alum, Dean of Lufkin University, Vice President of The Rising Phoenix Project, Attorney, Author, Order of the Phoenix
siblings
Older Brother: @bryan - 18, halfblood, 1st year Law Student at Grainneog Institute, Reserve Chaser for the Falmouth Falcons, Order of the Phoenix
Older Brother: @olivef - 16, halfblood, 6th year Ravenclaw student
Younger Sister: Audrey Parr Shacklebolt - 5, halfblood
children
-
partner
-
other family
(All my love to Celestina for this bit:) (And Quinn because I stole it from Oliver’s app)

Aunt: @camilla - pureblood, age 56, Hufflepuff alum
Uncle: @avery - halfblood, age 59, Horned Serpent alum
Cousin: @ziggy - halfblood, age 27, Ravenclaw alum
Cousin: @emilia - halfblood, age 23, Ravenclaw alum
Cousin: - halfblood, age 21, Slytherin alum

Uncle: Christopher Shacklebolt - pureblood, age 52, Slytherin alum
Aunt: @zahra - halfblood, age 52, Uzoefu alum
Cousin: @keegan - halfblood, age 26, Slytherin alum
Cousin: @audrey - halfblood, age 22, Slytherin alum

Aunt: Anne Marie Seymour (née Parr) - halfblood, age 55, Gryffindor alum
Uncle: Charles Seymour - halfblood, age 57, Hufflepuff alum
Cousin: Cassandra Seymour - halfblood, age 23, Gryffindor alum

Uncle: Oliver Parr - halfblood, deceased

Her paternal grandparents are Ackerley Shacklebolt and Charlize Shacklebolt (née Lowe). His maternal grandparents are Thomas Parr and Vanessa Parr (née Edwards).

Through her grand aunt and uncle, Samira Johnson (née Shacklebolt) and Arlo Johnson, she is first cousins once removed with Hartley Johnson, @angelina , and Roxanne Johnson; and second cousins with Emery Johnson, Matthew Johnson, Fred Weasley, and @roxanne .

Through her grand aunt and uncle, Lavinia Shacklebolt (née Kama) and Caspian Shacklebolt, she is first cousins once removed with Isadora Fawley (née Shacklebolt); and second cousins with , Sidonia Fawley, Alisdair Fawley, and Morrigan Fawley.

Through her grand aunt and uncle, Juliette Buchanan (née Shacklebolt) and Pierce Buchanan, she is first cousins once removed with , @wendy , @liza (née Buchanan), and Kyle Buchanan; and second cousins with @vivien , @olivette , Zephyrus Buchanan, Perseus Buchanan, Wednesday Buchanan, Helena Reese, James Proctor, Dante Proctor, Avery Proctor, Oberon Buchanan, and Ophelia Buchanan.

Mary Sayre (née Parr) and Ronan Sayre are her great aunt and uncle. Through her, she is first cousins once removed with Eamon Sayre, Emmet Sayre, and Eleanor Sayre. Eamon married Georgiana Sayre (née Arundell) and had one son, @john , who is her second cousin.
family history
Stolen from Oliver's Family...

Shacklebolt-Lowe Family History:

Ackerley Shacklebolt was born in London, England, the oldest of four children, the other three being Samira, Caspian, and Juliette. They were a pureblood family, based in England for the last couple of centuries, but originally hailing from the Caribbean. They had been pureblood even well before their arrival to England, the name heavily entrenched in the tribal magic of the seas, although those traditions were watered down upon the move to the Isles. Pureblood tradition was not on their minds, though. Not as much as the need to go above and beyond, to become outstanding members of the magical society, and to be fair and ambitious. Most Shacklebolts are Ravenclaws, although you're sure to find some ambitious Slytherins in the mix. Ackereley, himself, attended Hogwarts as a Ravenclaw, after which he decided to become an Auror and worked for the British Ministry of Magic for most of his life, until retiring to the Wizengamot at the age of 70.

Charlize Lowe was born and raised in the Scottish Highlands, the second of four children, the other three being Sinistra, Dakarai, and Pilirani. The Lowes had been in Scotland for some time, but this particular branch was first recorded as early settlers in parts of Africa, who quickly became enveloped in the pureblood magical families of the region. They moved to their Scottish homeland just a couple centuries ago, at which point most of their heritage had become Malian. The Lowes were definitely more strict when it came to blood purity, but they were more concerned with the preservation of magical tradition than blood. Still, Charlize's older sister, Sinistra, took this to extremes with her infamous published opinions on blood purity. Charlize, herself, attended Hogwarts as a Slytherin, like her three siblings and excelled in Alchemy and Potions. She pursued her passion for Alchemy at the University of Bangor and became a renowned Alchemist. Charlize and Ackerley met at school and started dating at just fifteen years old. It had never been anyone else for either of them, and they were more than happy together. They were married at 20, and welcomed Camilla into the world 2 years after that. 2 years later came Kingsley, and then after another 2 years, Christopher.

Parr-Edwards Family History:

The Parr family is descended from the same centuries old line that Catherine Parr, sixth wife of Henry VIII, Queen of England and Ireland was a part of. The line started muggle, but over the centuries there were enough magical members born that now the Parr family is made almost exclusively of halfbloods.

Thomas Parr met Vanessa Edwards while they were at Hogwarts. Thomas was a Gryffindor, and Vanessa a Ravenclaw. Together the two were an incredible pair. They were brilliant and working together they were unstoppable. Creating their own dynasty they are well known in both the magical and mainly the muggle world, as world renowned art collectors and scholars. Their three children were all incredibly smart, getting their mother’s brains and their father’s courage the three young Parr’s were the all sorted into Gryffindor and it was there that they succeeded.

other
-
face claim
Jessica Sula
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
OF COURSE!
how did you hear about us?
Saw it written in a constellation
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan