Halfblood
sexual orientation
Heterosexual
epidemic x status
Sick
occupation
3rd-year Primary School Teacher
general appearance
Grace has a girl next door feel about her with long raven hair with a gentle wave to the ends of it. She is of average height, though a bit on the shorter side depending on who you might ask, but she stands at a humble 5'4". She is not athletically inclined but she is slender in frame and build. She has a round face and tiny button nose and her eyes alternate between green and brown in color. She has a wide smile and rosy cheeks. She has the look of someone who you would accept an apple pie from any day.

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Ravenclaw
achievements
She was a Prefect in her 7th year 2010-2011
Wizarding Chess Club Member 2009-2011
Yearbook Club Member 2009-2011

university
Lufkin
university major(s)
Education and English
years attended
2011-2015

skills
Researching, Writing, Reading, She is kind of a nerd but she is proud of it, She is also skilled in domestic duties such as cleaning and cooking because she learned them from her mother.
weaknesses
@barclay is her biggest weakness, she misses him quite a lot and she still loves him though she knows she should let him go, Grace and her mother also have a complicated relationship and no one can get under her skin quite like she does, and she also has a fear of enclosed spaces stemming from her accidentally being locked in a broom closet when she was little. 
positive traits
Caring, Nurturing, Empathetic, Clever, Curious, Driven, Determined, Kind, Free-Spirited in some ways and focused or serious in others. 
negative traits
Competitive, Has some commitment issues, Shy at times, Sometimes she can be too focused on the things in front of her that she does not see what is going on around her in the metaphorical sense. 
hobbies/interests
Reading, Writing, Researching new ideas, She loves learning so anything that gives her a chance to learn new things, she loves going to museums or the zoo or anything interactive. 
accomplishments
She is very proud of her two degrees and she is just beginning her career in education 

character history
"My dad has always called me Gracie, I have always been the closest to him, Robert was always closer to mum. I did not have a rough childhood, no big dramatic things happened to me, rather it was painfully ordinary in every possible way. My dad lived the exciting life he was an engineer, he worked hard every day to make sure we could all have the things we needed and he seemed to always really enjoy his job. I remember there was one year that there was a bring your child to work day and he took me to his office, it was the most fun I had ever had there were models of buildings and other such things and everyone seemed to be in a great mood, the office was abuzz with talks on some of the most intriguing topics. No one was bored no one was too busy to have a chat, no one was wanting for anything, the office literally oozed stimulation for the brain cells. 

My mother led a much less exciting life she was a homemaker for my entire life, but I know that was not her true calling she wanted to be a wandmaker like my grandfather had been but once she had me she gave all of that up. She said it was the best decision she ever made but I am not fully convinced that it was, or maybe I am just selfish...maybe I am not half of the woman that my mother was. All I know is that I do not feel ready to do what she did, I love learning far too much to quit now. I love being in the field of education where every day provides a new challenge and a new opportunity. It may sound almost as if I hate children, but that is far far from the case, the opposite really I love children so much that I could not bear the thought of not teaching the many students I have each year in favor of only have my own two or three children...to me that idea seems selfish.

I know I would not have to leave my job in order to have a family, the idea of a working mother is not lost on me completely, but it just feels wrong to me knowing how much my mother did for us as children, how would I be able to do all of those things for my own children and not be there? It seems even more selfish of me to have my own children but then leave them in favor of teaching other peoples offspring. It is a constant battle I have within myself and I feel certain I shall lose either way. I have already lost so much because of my inability to compromise on this very topic. 

I suppose I should start with my birth though, I was born in Wales in 1992 to Sylvia and James Taylor. Things were rather uneventful for many years except for the fact that I gained a little brother when I was seven years old. Robert and I got along well when we were children but since he has hit his teen years we kind of managed to keep our distance from one another. I think he was often jealous or intimidated by me and the joy that I brought father with my good grades and interest in learning. Robert was not really the most excited person about learning and he has been going through a rather rough time in the last few years. 

My years at Hogwarts were wonderful, they were probably the happiest years of my life, I had friends though that was never a priority for me, but I also found myself learning so many new things and enjoying these new subjects more than I ever dreamed possible. I could not begin to tell you what my favorite one was because it would be impossible for me to choose just one. I graduated in 2011 and began attending Lufkin University in the fall of that same year where I gained two degrees, one in English and one in Education. It was in my first year that I met @barclay he was so handsome and kind. I fell hard and I fell fast, you see boys were not something I had ever really had my mind on, but something about him persuaded me to think about romance for perhaps the first time. Sure I had other boyfriends at Hogwarts but nothing that really stook and nothing to write home about. 

When I graduated Clay wanted to get married and start a family it was something that weighed heavily on his mind due to his recent loss of his uncle. I loved him but I still was not ready to make the leap into motherhood or even as a wife. I could not see myself as my mother yet, I could not see myself in her shoes. So we broke up in 2016 not long after I graduated and it has been a long heartbreak ever since. I spent a year and a half traveling trying to take my mind off of it...off of him, but it did not work. I came back to a feeling of loneliness and that is when I decided it was time to throw myself into my career. I took a job at a nearby primary school as a 3rd-year teacher and I have been loving it ever since."

parents
James and Sylvia Taylor
siblings
Robert (19)
children
None
partner
None
other family
They have kind of scattered about and she doesn't see them often. 
family history
Sylvia Travis was born into a family of wandmakers, that was the family business and it was one that everyone in her family seemed to enjoy. They enjoyed it so much so that all of her aunts and uncles had scattered the globe to become prominent wandmakers in their own right. Sylvia was expected to do the same and she was more than ready to do so, she went to Lufkin and studied wandmaking after she graduated from Hogwarts and she was primed to follow in the same footsteps as her two older sisters and the same footsteps as her father. However, fate had other plans in mind. She was studying at Lufkin when she met a man named James Taylor, he was studying at Gráinneog for Engineering and he was visiting his sister on the Lufkin campus. He asked Sylvia out for lunch and she was soon very smitten with the young man. 

James Taylor was born in Wales, he was the eldest child of Elizabeth and Richard Taylor. He had one younger sister named Marie and the two of them were always very close. When he was a boy he always enjoyed building things and learning about new methods, he was constantly curious about new ways to make the same result and just for learning in general. He went to Hogwarts and was quickly sorted into Ravenclaw, he might have met Sylvia there but he was a few years older than she was so the two of them do not remember ever seeing one another during that time, fate is funny that way. When he was studying Engineering he met Sylvia one day while visiting his sister at Lufkin. The pair fell in love rather quickly and married soon after. It did not take long for the couple to concieve their first child, a daughter they named grace. 

other
N/A
face claim
Felicity Jones
status of application
complete
have you read the rules?
Of Course :)
how did you hear about us?
Once upon a time...
roleplay sample

Admin Morgan