Watching you fail spectacularly gives me so much joy.

Deleted
Deleted Avatar
0 posts
""
options

Post by Deleted on Jan 31, 2019 17:14:38 GMT -5

Gray Holden Northcott
by Quinn
birthday
blood status
Muggleborn
sexual orientation
Bisexual
epidemic x status
Sick!
occupation
Illegal Portkey Maker
Potions Dealer

Butler for someone awful
general appearance
I'm Chuck Bass

former school
Hogwarts
former house
Hufflepuff
achievements
Dueling Club ✘ YEARS
Potions Club ✘ YEARS
Hufflepuff Keeper ✘ YEARS

university
Gráinneog Institute + Goshawk Technical College
university major(s)
Engineering + Portkey Certification
years attended
I'll come back for you

skills
ENGINEERING  WORDS GO HERE

CRAFTING ✘ WORDS GO HERE

STICKING TO HIS GUNS ✘ WORDS GO HERE

ALSO, HANDLING REAL GUNS ✘ WORDS GO HERE

STANDING UP FOR HIMSELF ✘ WORDS GO HERE

HE'S BECOME REALLY GOOD AT CLEANING STUFF thanks to being the world's worst butler WORDS GO HERE

KEEPING SECRETS TO THE GRAVEWORDS GO HERE

INCREDIBLE AT MATHS AND CALCULATIONS ✘ WORDS GO HERE

EXCELLENT SALESMAN ✘ WORDS GO HERE
weaknesses
A PRETTY FACE ✘ WORDS GO HERE

MONEY ✘ WORDS GO HERE

BOOZE ✘ WORDS GO HERE

CARES ABOUT OTHERS TOO MUCH ✘ WORDS GO HERE

HIS LITTLE SISTER ✘ WORDS GO HERE

SHELBY
 WORDS GO HERE

HIS BLOOD STATUS ✘ WORDS GO HERE

LIFE OF CRIME ✘ WORDS GO HERE
positive traits
OBSERVANT INTELLIGENT INDEPENDENT LOYAL to a fault
negative traits
GREEDY DARK-HUMORED
hobbies/interests
Living a life of crime Crafting illegal portkeys and smuggling people in and out of the country Protecting those he loves Drinking Gambling - he's particularly fond of the Queen's Revenge The occasional recreational use of Potions Flirting with danger
accomplishments
He's smuggled a few IMMUNE people out of the UK

character history
Listen, I didn’t come from much.

I know what you’re thinking, that’s probably pretty damn obvious given the life that I’m currently living, but I want to put it out there so no one can ever come back and tell me that I’m some entitled, uptight, pretty little white boy. Because I’m not.

Fuck no.

My parents don’t really matter. Two British People just trying to make their love work. Unfortunately for both of them, they were addicted to the kind of stuff that you wished would never find its way into a happy family. But, you know, my family wasn’t really ever happy, now were they?

After they managed to treat the NAS, they gave me back to them. Seems a little fucked up, right? But I was a baby and I didn’t know any better. To this day, I blame the hospital. Some shit hole in Woolwich that thought it was alright to give a kid back to parents who could barely manage to keep themselves alive.

What came out of it was a kid that always struggled. I didn't do my primary school work because there wasn't any time. Hardly ever any electricity in the apartment, either. Kids teased me for my ripped clothes and my headache of a family.

At first, I'll admit, it bothered me. I became reclusive, eating lunch by myself on the playground. Avoiding eye contact whenever I could. At least, until Mara came into this world.

I was six. Old enough to know that my parents were ticking time bombs. The child that grew in my mum's stomach wasn't going to have it easy. Hell, she just might have it worse than me. I wanted to protect her. Even started tucking things away I thought she might need. I never once told my parents they were idiots for bringing another Northcott into the world. Because, truth be told, a part of me was relieved that I would have someone to share it all with.

And it was. When Mara was born, the world seemed to shift. I knew that I couldn't be passive about my life any longer. I had to attack it head-on. Protect her from the cruel twist of fate that we had both been dealt.

Don't think she would've survived past age three if it wasn't for me. That was about the time mum and da took a turn for the worst. We barely ever saw them -- late nights and drugged up days. Mara would cry out in the night for someone, but it was always me who answered the call.

She was five when it happened for the first time. We were sitting at the kitchen table -- or the poor excuse for a few boxes that we called it -- when the lights overhead went off. I remember being so upset by my parents...so upset that they couldn't just pay the damn bill. And that anger felt like it was channeling something...bubbling up to the surface. A few lightbulbs exploded, scaring the shit out of both of us. But when we raised our heads, the one above the kitchen was illuminating with dull light. Enough to finish the book that we were reading.

The Headmaster showed up after that, telling my parents that their son -- their Gray -- was special. My mum was pissed out of her mind and I remember my da laughing. They couldn't believe it. There was a look of pity on the Headmaster's face. I didn't want to believe it either.

But somehow I ended up at Hogwarts. I was a wizard. Sorted into Hufflepuff, I kept my head down. After all, I was the kid that knew nothing about this magical world. I was some muggle-born that had fallen into Hogwarts by accident. At least, that was what some of the other students said behind my back.

I had a natural aptitude for Dueling magic -- especially the offensive. My potions weren't half bad either. I guess watching my parents at their little "lab" had some benefit...

Still, I worried after Mara. At least, until she received the same visit from the Headmaster. She joined me at Hogwarts for a few years until I graduated.

After that, it was off to Gráinneog to complete my Engineering certification. Naturally gifted in the blend between magic and maths, Engineering was a natural fit. I also got my certification from Goshawk Tech.

I never followed the straight and narrow, though. If there was one thing that I had learned from my parents, it was that sometimes you needed to bet against the odds to turn a profit. I was more interested in manufacturing Portkeys for blokes under the table than I was with adhering to the stupid bloody rules of England's Magical Transportation Mandates.

Mara sometimes saw the worst in me...little snippets of our parents, who we swore we would never see again. There were weeks when she wouldn't speak to me after what I'd done. Weeks when she'd call me just like Da. But we always stuck it out in the end. Because that's what siblings do.

parents
Donovan Northcott - 50, Muggle, Drug Addict, Dead-Beat Father
Annaliese Northcott - 48, Muggle, Drug Addict, World's Worst Mother
siblings
Mara Northcott - 25, Student at Lufkin University, Bartender at Paroxysm, Ravenclaw Alumni
children
N/A
partner
@shelby , but it's an on and off sort of thing. They're currently off.
other family
I'll be back here, but probably not.
family history
MUGGLES

other
it me
face claim
Ed Westwick
status of application
Incomplete
have you read the rules?
NO